• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, exactly.
Though sometimes if you don't have anything specific to do, it's helpful to be able to fastforward through the commercials.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That's why I stop movies a lot when I watch them alone. >_o

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I do it with almost anything... I don't actually have TV/cable so I download or stream all of my media meaning there aren't any commercials. So I tend to pause ridiculously often so I can get up and do something. Sometimes I'll pause to concentrate on writing a post on PC or something and then look up an hour later and realize I never unpaused and went back to the media, haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
That's why I stop movies a lot when I watch them alone. >_o
That's horrible. XD

I hate if I'm watching a movie at home and I have to interrupt for some reason. lol

I'm okay with commercials on TV shows though. It's part of the show. It is how it was cut. The pacing and pauses and breaks. It's all purposeful. When you download or stream something, the cut from where the commercial would have been normally to the next scene is kind of jarring.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Lately I've had problems being able to sit down and watch something. I've been playing too many shooters with my Skype group.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I only remember watching "Mighty Machines" in Canada as a little kid. xD The rest of it I don't even remember, though I'm sure I watched some PBS Kids or something until I was about 8, then all I watched was Sportcenter on ESPN when I had the chance, lol.
Commercials are annoying when they play the same five OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Otherwise, I don't have too big a problem with them, they can be a good chance to chat with friends about the show in between. :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I only remember watching "Mighty Machines" in Canada as a little kid. xD The rest of it I don't even remember, though I'm sure I watched some PBS Kids or something until I was about 8, then all I watched was Sportcenter on ESPN when I had the chance, lol.
Commercials are annoying when they play the same five OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Otherwise, I don't have too big a problem with them, they can be a good chance to chat with friends about the show in between. :)
Liftin and pullin and flyin so high, buildin a buildin up to the sky you can watch them all day and never know why they're...Mighty Machines!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
On ABC Family they have the worst - at the beginning and end of each commercial break they show the same commercial for whatever TV show they're trying to sell you on now. It's miserable.

Years
The only reason I dislike commercials is because of the sound levels. :( They're so much louder than what you're watching and I hate having to reach for the remote every time because I'm lazy. (First world problems much?) I wish there were better regulations against that here.
We, as in we in California (and maybe all of the US?) just had a new rule put in place starting in 2013 that commercials can't be louder than the programming. We can even report violators. I don't watch too much television and I mute commercials so I haven't noticed anything myself yet though.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yep! Commercials here are no longer allowed to be super loud and annoying. It's been great when I'm zoned out on the couch on the computer and no more commercials making me jump!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have a hatred of the commercials of where I work. Mainly because I work on a checkout and they have a TV that plays them on a loop. I would hear them a few hundred times a shift.

Once a cool-sounding song came on the speakers at a restaurant, and I asked the waitress if she knew it. She gave me a cold look and said "that song that I've heard 5 times so far this shift?"

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Oh God the commercials at my work are a different story. If I have to hear about the benefit of eating pears one more time.....................

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I remember we once asked a Disney employee working at a ride if they ever shifted him around to different rides and such. He answered, "No," and proceeded to tell about how the songs that they looped during the ride had gotten into his dreams at night. I felt so bad for him, especially since its Disney, and you'd think that everyone there is nice. Or at least nice enough to rotate their employees around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back