• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add a new Pokemon. (Complete Tutorial)

jjohn779

The Uprising
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
so do you recommend i replace a different poke or change the rom i am using
because i dont mind changing roms i have all of my sprites indexed

oh and shiny quagsire if you want to me and you could start making a rom(we might need more ppl though) yah i could cover storyline and pokes, you can cover whatever you want

Last edited:
Years
Could you maybe choose another pokemon instead of missingno.? It really makes it look more complicated for me to insert, and maybe some other people too.

Solo&Mix

COMPuter Demon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
the most usefull on editting pokemon i found. But if my image for the party gif it dosent matter right?

fragatortoad453

mawawee
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 5, 2021
how do yo do the icon my computer wont show me

just kidding ha ha ha he he ha

Last edited:

KyotoTushoni

Veteran Trainer/Beginner Hack
Years
Different Formes

Ok so adding new Pokemon is pretty easy. But what if I want to give pokemon different Formes, like Deoxys? They aren't listed in the Pokedex so how can I manipulate that?

(PS-Missingno. had 2 Water Guns and the icon was an Omanyte Shell and a Gambler)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Ok so adding new Pokemon is pretty easy. But what if I want to give pokemon different Formes, like Deoxys? They aren't listed in the Pokedex so how can I manipulate that?

(PS-Missingno. had 2 Water Guns and the icon was an Omanyte Shell and a Gambler)

Forms are listed, if you look at Castform for example. Deoxys had a different Forme each game, and only 1 sprite per game. Only since D/P/Pt have all Formes been in 1 game.

KyotoTushoni

Years
Forms are listed, if you look at Castform for example. Deoxys had a different Forme each game, and only 1 sprite per game. Only since D/P/Pt have all Formes been in 1 game.

Yea after looking around a bit more I realized I needed to be a little more specific.
Here's an example of what I want to do: make 2 different Weedles that have the same typing, sprite, and Pokedex number, but they have different movesets/attacks.
How can I do this?

EDIT: I added some other Pokemon to my Dex...but I also want to do Gender Evo, like Male Clamperl to Huntail and Female to Goreybss.

Last edited:

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Wow, I found this tutorial very helpful; thank you.
Here, I'll show you what I've done with it:

UxieHackScreenshots.gif

Although, I have a few problems:

- How can I change the cry of the Pokemon?
- How can I change the Pokedex Number of the Pokemon?
- How can I change the Footprint of the Pokemon?

Would be grateful if anyone could answer these...!

KyotoTushoni

Years
Although, I have a few problems:

There are several programs to change all of these, I would just go to the toolbox and get the programs for it. The 2 I KNOW you're going to be looking for are FPE (Foot Print Editor) and Pokedex Order Editor.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years

There are several programs to change all of these, I would just go to the toolbox and get the programs for it. The 2 I KNOW you're going to be looking for are FPE (Foot Print Editor) and Pokedex Order Editor.

There's also PokeCry (get v2, v1 isn't as good) and Not Another Cry Repointer (NACR) 1.2 to edit cries. :)

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
EPIC!

I have all the FR sprites 46+

Attachments

• Sprites.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

PowerSpartanl99

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Wow thanks a lot man. One question though: if I want different starters (i'm hacking fire red) should I just replace bulbasaur? Actually I am making shadow lugia be the one in place of bulbasaur. But what do I do if I want the other ones to be kyogre and umbreon?please help.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
PowerSpartanl99 said:
Wow thanks a lot man. One question though: if I want different starters (i'm hacking fire red) should I just replace bulbasaur? Actually I am making shadow lugia be the one in place of bulbasaur. But what do I do if I want the other ones to be kyogre and umbreon?please help.

You're looking for a tool called A-Starter, by HackMew. It's in the toolbox section in HackMew's Tools Factory.

PowerSpartanl99

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
You're looking for a tool called A-Starter, by HackMew. It's in the toolbox section in HackMew's Tools Factory.

Thanks. But does anyone know why it won't let me synchronize the pallets? Every time I try to replace bulbasaur with shadow lugia the images at the bottom are messed up. Can some one please help?

Back