• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Scratch that... How to I get past the mirror is Esau's GYM?

There's a clue in the first post, but...

Spoiler:

Hey, what should I do after beating winona??? Also I haven't got FLY yet, where can I find it? ç_ç

Go east through the Madio Caves. You get Fly later.

Cutlerine

Years
Not to be one of "those" guys, but when can we expect a Keratin thread?

It's a really, really complicated game. There are four or five alternative decision-based storylines, not counting sidequests, and the routes, towns and cities are more realistic in scale - i.e. they're huge. I've mapped one town, one route and the suburbs of one of the two cities, and only scripted up to the event when you receive your starter in one of the storylines. In short, it'll be a while.

Also, there are a couple of loose ends in Snakewood I plan to tie up before I call it a day here. Only then, and when I've made enough of Keratin for it to be worthwhile - probably after I've completed the new Pokédex and inserted the four new types - will I create a Keratin thread.

But I will post this little preview, if you like. It isn't much, but it shows your first encounter with the Kahuto region's criminal underworld, in the docklands of Puerto Viajero.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Looking forward to it! Now does gameplay change based on that yes/no script, or are you "forced" onto a path?

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
Please i don't know how to get to the gym Island ç_ç I barely know what to do, I've beaten senex after he made a cake and bla bla bla now I'm out of the pokemon center and apparently everyone is in the gym island except me, help please

Cutlerine

Years
Looking forward to it! Now does gameplay change based on that yes/no script, or are you "forced" onto a path?

It changes, naturally. Depending on which gang you join, there are a variety of storylines. Each of which is very stupid.

Please i don't know how to get to the gym Island ç_ç I barely know what to do, I've beaten senex after he made a cake and bla bla bla now I'm out of the pokemon center and apparently everyone is in the gym island except me, help please

OK, it's about time to reveal the secret.

Spoiler:

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
So I reached the island and I beat every gym leader except for the rock and the gym blocked by a guy. So, is this the end? (PS: Disappointed ç_ç there wasn't any resistance's member D;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
Why do the Petaburg gym replacement go back to wally house in Petaburg? And why can't I surf here? I fix the gym already, thanks.
I beat 3 gyms, what do I do to kick the bug catcher out of the deadly gyms?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
So I reached the island and I beat every gym leader except for the rock and the gym blocked by a guy. So, is this the end? (PS: Disappointed ç_ç there wasn't any resistance's member D;)

Mostly the end. There are one or two updates still to come - stay tuned.

Why do the Petaburg gym replacement go back to wally house in Petaburg? And why can't I surf here? I fix the gym already, thanks.
I beat 3 gyms, what do I do to kick the bug catcher out of the deadly gyms?

The Bug Catcher won't disappear yet; certain issues with my computer mean that I can't complete the Deadly Seven Gym just yet.

You can't Surf here because that would be pointless. There are no Pokémon, and you'd be able to Surf to the edge of the map.

I believe I posted a patch that fixed the Petalburg Gym door.

can you evolve machoke by level up?

Yes, I think so.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'd like to confirm that I had no issue with the forest in the beginning. I personally really hated that glitch because the first time I played I didn't read the front page properly and had not saved my game very recently. I also found a strange glitch where a non-violent Chef appears over one of the crates if you go in and out of the shipyard building enough.
dc4end.png

I would also like to say that I really enjoy this hack and just recently got back into playing hacks and found I had lost my previous data and there was a new version anyway so I downloaded that. If you do quit this hack it would be sad but it would be understandable and I think it's fine for what it is as it is.
11j5cug.png

Well here's something interesting. The medical kit makes most of the screen darken and it works continuous so if you do it enough times you can get a black screen. Theres no need to fix this and it isn't harmful to the ROM at all. I just thought I'd show you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
How can you get gigawolf?

Or if that's a secret, how are you supposed to beat Alicia/War's gigawolf?

Back