• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Magic Karp

Magic Karp
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
I found a pretty cool glitch. In Petalburg woods, there are two demons. The one you have to face, and the one that leads to a medical kit. The demons are pretty strong, so I saved before battling it. When I realized the Pokemon it had was an egg, I was about to reset. But I battled it anyways. So when I realized I had no chance, I reset. I was standing right where I saved, except where the demon was supposed to be was a green glitchy me. When I pressed the arrow and moved right, it turns out I was controlling the glitched me. I couldn't talk to the real me, and once I left and came back, everything was normal. It actually was pretty funny. :P Good game btw.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Man this is an awesome hack. I've thoroughly enjoyed the plot along with the unique story line. Also it has a good amount of challenge to it, thanks a lot for a refreshing Pokemon game!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2024
If anyone is still working on the game i have discovered a couple of bugs both involving the female character first in rustboro when you walk in the middle of the town the sprite changes colour and second in the ss cangrejo the first time when you fix the engine after you move away you move but leave another sprite behind

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
If anyone is still working on the game i have discovered a couple of bugs both involving the female character first in rustboro when you walk in the middle of the town the sprite changes colour and second in the ss cangrejo the first time when you fix the engine after you move away you move but leave another sprite behind

Unfortunately The Cutlerine isn't working on this anymore ( I think he has mentioned somewhere that " snakewood is too buggy to keep working on it " don't quote me on that though ) But it would bee great if a bug list was compiled and someone could bug fix it again ( like 1158 did ) It's a pity that some stuff is missing though it's such a great hack ( just finished it again for 4th time ). I wish it was 100% complete one day.

Years
I think I may have downloaded a pre-patched ROM of snakewood as Winona doesn't appear in the GYM so I can battle her. Plus I can't find the latest version.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Can someone please help me! I decided to go and check on my pokemon in the daycare, and then when I went through the desert again, I saw that Alicia and whats-his-face there (forgot the other guys name), so I went to talk to them again. It then said this rock appears to be breakable, do you want to smash it? So I clicked yes, and then Alicia faced upwards, and my character can't move. Please help me, because I'm really far into the game, and I'm about to challenge the pacifilodge gym. Everything is working normally, (the sandstorms is moving, the music is playing, etc) except my character won't move. I also accidentally pressed save instead of Load when I went to fix it. I'm playing on GameBoid for Android. Please say there is a fix, I've got a celebi and everything -_-

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I seem to be stuck in the Necropolis hub, just like that guy on page 37 (I think it was that page). I can't jump down between those two rocks, no matter what I do. Is there a fix to it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
Ok so I lost to senex at the department store and now senex and all of the zombies are gone. I don't know what to do now because I'm pretty sure I need HM08 dive that you get after beating senex to continue. Can anybody help me?

Years
I think I may have downloaded a pre-patched ROM of snakewood as Winona doesn't appear in the GYM so I can battle her. Plus I can't find the latest version.
Have you done the university events before battling Winona?? Also the latest version or the the only version is available on the first page of the thread

What level does Mightyena evolve into Gigawolf?
Bro Mightyena does not evolves into Gigawolf. It's Zoroark who evolves further into it by leveling up

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2013
Have you done the university events before battling Winona?? Also the latest version or the the only version is available on the first page of the thread

Bro Mightyena does not evolves into Gigawolf. It's Zoroark who evolves further into it by leveling up

Huh? I've seen let's plays where Mightyena evolves into Zoroark/Gigawolf. Unless it just evolves into Zoroark, in that case what level does that happen?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
ok, so I try to open snakewood from the download on this page and I use visualboyadvance and it says "f:\VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3/snakewood/pokemon snakewood" then says under that "fixed.ips" and I also have windows 8 if that means anything

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
To the cool "creator"/hacker of this game, is this compatible with gameboid? B'coz I don't have vbag yet, thanks!:)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
quick question, how do i complete the item chain i just gave the shinx girl a cats eye but now i dont know what i should do

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
So, i got the Rydrake Wing, but i have no idea who it goes to? Can someone please help me? And Great Job Cutlerine on the hack.

quick question, how do i complete the item chain i just gave the shinx girl a cats eye but now i dont know what i should do

After you give the Cat's eye, you get the Ponchi Sword(i think that is what it is called). Head over to Mt. Chimney and walk over to the left. You will see a orange. It will want its sword back and will give you the Hajike Bird. Fly(if you have been there yet) to Pacifilog Town and head over to Route 134. There will be a Hiker there and he wants the Hajike Bird. Give it to him and you will get the Rydrake Wing. This is where i am stuck at.

Do I need the broken hearts for something or can I just toss them away?
The Berry Master wants 50 of them, I only have ten and still looking for the rest. So keep them.

Ok so I lost to senex at the department store and now senex and all of the zombies are gone. I don't know what to do now because I'm pretty sure I need HM08 dive that you get after beating senex to continue. Can anybody help me?
The only thing you can do now is load an old save before the battle with Senex. Cutlerine has heard of this issue and cannot fix it. I lost the first time. I recommend staying at Fort Draco and going into the Victory Road and leveling up. Team i used: Ironheart the Metagross: Lv. 55 Moves: Meteor Mash, Confusion, Psychic, Iron Defense, Ripper the Zongol: Level 62 Moves: Hyper Beam, Brick Break, Shadow Swipe, Rock Smash, Liger the Raikou Level 59: Moves: Softboiled, Shock Wave, Eruption, Egg Bomb, Leviathan the Qwilshark: Level 57: Moves: Poison Slash, Storm Surge, Dive, Surf, and Pheonix the Swellow Level 59: Moves: Fly, Toxic, Endeavor, Aerial Ace. Good Luck. PS: Beldum can ONLY be found in the Island of Calm. You have to get past the Boardroom first and step on one of the X's. You only have ONE chance.

I need some help. I just started and chose Baltoy and can't get past the legless corpse guy in the Petalburg Woods. My team is Baltoy(level 12), Shroomish(level 7), and Poocheyena(level 4). Any help?
I don't know how long ago this post was but, get a Taillow and grind it to about level 10. Also try to find a Pikachu in Petalburg Woods. They are about level 5. Grind it as well.

Last edited:
Back