• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliber

Doom Orchestrator
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Realization

Just realized, that whenever it's a rival battle, whoever made your custom music (my hats off to them) used Hikari from the Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack for inspiration, keeping most of the original piano in the background, and then turning the rest of the into a remixed kind of 8-bit theme. I seriously had an eargasm when I heard it.
<3 Just because of that, this has got to be one of the best hacks out there.

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
I did notice a rather large inconvenience, and I'm not sure if this was actually mentioned before or not. If you fly from the Dragon Castle before actually going inside, it doesn't set it as a landing point, so you can't fly back. But I'm not sure if it can be fixed, since the place itself defaults as a flying point, whether you go in or not. You'd have to set up an event to restrict flying until after you enter, which might not be possible. The only thing I can think of is creating another map to go into the cave with. This map would have flying restricted. Then have the teleport point from the cave go to the flyable map. It may be easier to do that.

But other than that, it's an awesome game. I haven't really seen any other things, other than the grammar mistakes every now and then. But that's just dialogue, and not something that would mess up the game itself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I'm still having the item shop glitch after beating the 6th gym leader :/ I hoped the problem would go away after getting the badge but it didn't. Is anyone able to buy stuff from market shops or the evolution stone seller later on in the game?

Years
I'm still having the item shop glitch after beating the 6th gym leader :/ I hoped the problem would go away after getting the badge but it didn't. Is anyone able to buy stuff from market shops or the evolution stone seller later on in the game?

I had similar problems but after playing the game i realized that the shop is somewhat related with a certain event.. Whenever that event gets completed the shop begans to sell the items.. Have you followed the game guided by that yellow pyramid stone exactly...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Just realized, that whenever it's a rival battle, whoever made your custom music (my hats off to them) used Hikari from the Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack for inspiration, keeping most of the original piano in the background, and then turning the rest of the into a remixed kind of 8-bit theme. I seriously had an eargasm when I heard it.
<3 Just because of that, this has got to be one of the best hacks out there.

I did all the remixes...
So, thanks for your comment. :)

where can I catch Ocutails? I restarted the game playing with pokemons that has been added to the game and Ocutails seems like the perfect fire canidate...

Anyone knows?

Occultales is found outside Mount Krystal.

I did notice a rather large inconvenience, and I'm not sure if this was actually mentioned before or not. If you fly from the Dragon Castle before actually going inside, it doesn't set it as a landing point, so you can't fly back. But I'm not sure if it can be fixed, since the place itself defaults as a flying point, whether you go in or not. You'd have to set up an event to restrict flying until after you enter, which might not be possible. The only thing I can think of is creating another map to go into the cave with. This map would have flying restricted. Then have the teleport point from the cave go to the flyable map. It may be easier to do that.

But other than that, it's an awesome game. I haven't really seen any other things, other than the grammar mistakes every now and then. But that's just dialogue, and not something that would mess up the game itself.

Talk to the pyramid if you do fly away from there.
The pink/yellow pyramid sets the fly spot.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Is there a way to play this on the gpsp emulator?

I'm using a Dingoo A320 (handheld emulator), with a GBA emulator that pretty much is gpsp. It works perfect after patching it, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't on PSP. Are you getting any certain messages when you start playing?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I had similar problems but after playing the game i realized that the shop is somewhat related with a certain event.. Whenever that event gets completed the shop begans to sell the items.. Have you followed the game guided by that yellow pyramid stone exactly...

Of course I did! The shops started to sell the items after certain gym badges but after getting badge nr 6 the shops are still glitched :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I would say its the best pokemon game ever..If it wasnt for the stupid fake pokemon :(

Do you have a download link to one with no fakes?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Can anyone point me in the direction of the move relearner? I know he exists as I spoke with him while I was playing earlier, but now I need him and can't find him.

The reason I'm asking is because I need to give Perish Song to my Lapras so I have a chance to beat the level 80 Vessel.

I would check the guide tool but as I'm playing on a mac, I can't open the exe file. Thanks!

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Huh, never thought about that... it might be wise to somehow make a Mac OS X or even Linux application. Too bad I don't know how... sorry.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I got two questions. My first one is which route do I choose to get the good and bad mode.

My second question is if choosing the bad mode will make a difference in which fakemon legendary I get to battle and capture first?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
im new a rom hacks and ive been trying to download this for about an hour now and no luck. can someone please help meeee

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Can anyone point me in the direction of the move relearner? I know he exists as I spoke with him while I was playing earlier, but now I need him and can't find him.

The reason I'm asking is because I need to give Perish Song to my Lapras so I have a chance to beat the level 80 Vessel.

I would check the guide tool but as I'm playing on a mac, I can't open the exe file. Thanks!

I haven't played for a while but it's west from Rainbow, on an island. I think... Anyway it's to east or west of Rainbow city.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
It doesn't get past the unpacking screen. On VBA it shows the screen, on PSP it's a bunch of jumbled garbage followed by a white screen of freezing

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
It doesn't get past the unpacking screen. On VBA it shows the screen, on PSP it's a bunch of jumbled garbage followed by a white screen of freezing

Okay, for people playing on VBA, I made a saved state after the unpacking screen that should work for your game. Download the file from the direct link in my signature (PC doesn't allow URLs in posts because I have less than fifteen posts -_-) and rename it to the same filename as the LoG rom, then add a 1 after it. The 1 is the state number. Then put it in the same folder as the rom, open it in VBA, and press F1 to load the state.

I haven't played for a while but it's west from Rainbow, on an island. I think... Anyway it's to east or west of Rainbow city.

The move tutor is to the east of Boulder City, in the village. His services cost 500 per move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back