• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: BMD0 Tool Beta 0.5 - A NDS 3D Texture changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
Hello guys(or gays ^^),
I am hackiosa a 13 years old from Germany and I had an idea of an DS 3D Editor, and here you see I what I've done! I wrote a little Tool in Beta Verion with Visual Basic 2008!

Features:
- Loading & Saving Palette!(Hex) - will not work on any .bmd0 files there have do be done some fixes I think, but I am not sure
- Loading & Saving Texture Data!(Hex) Saving doesn't work complete!!!

What I want do do:
- Showing Texture and loading from Bitmap
-Perfect Saving Texture Data

I hope you will enjoy the first NDS 3d editor ever!

Download:
Look at attackments for Beta!

mfg hackiosa

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
This is brillient! Now that we have an editor for editing textures on the 3D models on the 4th generation Pokémon games, we won't have to spend so much time hex editing all the textures.

However, we might not have a 3D model editor yet, but still... this will prove useful. I hope to see more improvements with this tool in the future.

Even so... I might try editing Platinum more. That is... if I get to be able to.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Hello guys(or gays ^^),
... Hello? o_O

Anyway, to the point:
Are you sure this program is in a state fit to be released? At the moment, it seems like a stylized hex editor written entirely in German and in VB.NET. It doesn't really do anything that can't be done just as easily with a hex editor at the moment, and there are two things that jump out at me as saying "this project won't be completed", and that is:

1. Your username in your EXE filename - this goes in the version data or inside the program, and seeming to have little understanding of something as user-friendly as version data rings alarm bells for me.
    • Spaces in filename. Not a crime, but makes launching via batch rather ugly.
    • Using VB.NET, not taking advantage of a lot of the features given to you. For example, not opening files with the correct sharing permissions.
  2. Your header editor also grabs some texture data too - it seems not to know what size to fetch.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong and complete this ;)

Years
... Hello? o_O

Anyway, to the point:
Are you sure this program is in a state fit to be released? At the moment, it seems like a stylized hex editor written entirely in German and in VB.NET. It doesn't really do anything that can't be done just as easily with a hex editor at the moment, and there are two things that jump out at me as saying "this project won't be completed", and that is:

1. Your username in your EXE filename - this goes in the version data or inside the program, and seeming to have little understanding of something as user-friendly as version data rings alarm bells for me.
    • Spaces in filename. Not a crime, but makes launching via batch rather ugly.
    • Using VB.NET, not taking advantage of a lot of the features given to you. For example, not opening files with the correct sharing permissions.
  2. Your header editor also grabs some texture data too - it seems not to know what size to fetch.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong and complete this ;)
Well he is 13 years old, so we've got to give him a chance to make this happen. Anyway, I hope this will improve, and let it be in english. ;) Good luck! :)

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
Brilliant! First we got PG4Map for viewing the maps, then we had (or thought we had) DSMap (april fools joke) and now this! We really are on our way to getting a map editor! :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Did I understand correctly? This is a texure-editor not a model-editor?

Hab ich das richtig verstanden? Das Programm bearbeitet Texturen und nicht Modelle?
"hier wird später mal die textur angezeigt" -> genial :|

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
so guys, i was a long time off :sorry:!
But i will try to improve this. for the first i will do a english trans.
trans. comes in like 5 minutes!

-->Trans. close Completed!

@Team Fail: No thanks! But I search for a BMD0 Structur Reference, so I don't have it all the Structurs on my own.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
English Trans. Done!

Hey you all! I translated in english!
Here you have it! And now I haveto improve it!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
hmm.... okay i found out, that the texture seems to be 4BPP(4 Bits Per Pixel)

ok guys. i am at the points, where i know how i could extract textures! but there's a little problem with vb.net SetPixel does not work for me! so i will re do this project in vb6! sorry, but it won't took long do re do this! and redoing this makes it better!
becuz i know much more about textures now!

Last edited:

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
There are more formats that just 4bpp. Look at the source-code of "nsbmd" for an example implementation.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
Hey Guys! I had first succses showing textures! But to yet it has wrong Palette.
I attached a picture of it.

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Well, it looks like some progress is being made. I wonder how much potential this thing has. :O

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
i didn't released that part yet because its very buggy to yet
but i think in some hours 0.5 to 2 i will release that!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
yeah update

so here i have a download again!
it already can show some textures.
to try would use the model files in fielddata/build_model.narc from pokemon dpp.

your hackiosa! pease digga! U will get a 3D Texture Editor!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
thanks! i hope you enjoy it!

hmm.. ok how do you like the current version?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back