• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GSC Revamp Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

Here's Espeon from Gold/Crystal. :) I'm not too keen on how the back leg came out, though. :\ Oh, and I also changed some bits to make it similar to modern Espeon sprites (thinner tail, ears are slightly different etc.) :) Also, yay for doing all the Espeon srites. (b' ')b XD

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Thanks. :) I try my best. XP

Anyway, while I'm here, I revamoed one of my revamps. :P

It's Marill from Pokemon SIlver. :)

I feel like I'm doing too many revamps. X'D
Thanks, again! Man, you are really helping out! Keep it up!:)

Also, to everyone, the first post has been updated with all of your submissions! Thank you all for helping out this Community Project!:D

But, don't forget, the Red & Blue project is still running. So, keep up the awesome work everyone!:D

Years
The Octillery sprite under Gold is actually just the HGSS sprite. xD The revamp is the same as Crystal.

Winneon

Years
LAST MINUTE 6 REVAMPS.
picture.php

Also Jal, save me 3 random pokemon. You pick. :D
Huh? I've NEVER in my LIFE ANYONE has said to me you pick, besides my parents. Okay, then. You do Lugia, Ho-Oh & Celebi! Lugia for Gold, Ho-Of for Silver, & Celebi for Crystal! Have fun!:)

Winneon

Years
I really think you need to reshade these; they look more like recolours than revamps. I'll redo Machoke to show you what I mean.
Go for it! I'll keep OminousMix's there too until OminousmIx comes back online and replies.

Years
MachokeExplaining.png

Hopefully this will explain what I mean. More needs to be done to update the artstyle to the current standard. There's a lot less dithering, and with more colours to play with, the shading is normally much clearer, the outline is much more shaded, and I've updated the detail of the belt to what it looks like in BW. I hope this helps.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Ok, this is from Crystal. :) Btw I made the things white instead of yellow. Maybe someone can edit it?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Done two more. :)

Mew from Pokemon Silver. I love its Silver sprite. It is so awesomel it's probably one of my favourite Mew sprites. :)

Voltorb from Pokemon Gold/Crystal. I was originally going to submit it to the Red/Blue revamp project thread, due to them essentially having the same sprite (except the Gold/Crystal sprite uses red and the 'shading' is different), but since someone already did Voltorb in that thread, I just updated it and I am going to submit it here. :)

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
MachokeExplaining.png

Hopefully this will explain what I mean. More needs to be done to update the artstyle to the current standard. There's a lot less dithering, and with more colours to play with, the shading is normally much clearer, the outline is much more shaded, and I've updated the detail of the belt to what it looks like in BW. I hope this helps.

Indeed this helps, but revamping doesn't awlays mean that you need to add every detail from the current artstyle of some pixel art. Not adding the belt and recoloring the basics is basic revamping. Shading isn't necessary but if you want to go a little more in detail it never hurts to be a little more detailed. I hope you get what i'm trying to say.

Years
Indeed this helps, but revamping doesn't awlays mean that you need to add every detail from the current artstyle of some pixel art. Not adding the belt and recoloring the basics is basic revamping. Shading isn't necessary but if you want to go a little more in detail it never hurts to be a little more detailed. I hope you get what i'm trying to say.

Sure, the exact detail on the belt might be OTT, but in my opinion, you do need to work on the shading for it to be a revamp and not a recolour. I think most people agree that shading *is* necessary.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Revamping a sprite often implies you're taking it above the original limitations, and in most cases the GSC sprites are barely shaded because it wasn't possible with the original 4-colour limit and art style.

Winneon

Years

Announcement

Hello everyone! OminousMix is starting a new thread of this so he can take over this project! Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can't handle being the owner of this project any more.

tnfsf11

Here's one I just made from Silver (feel free to give me comments):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back