• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Hokum Trilogy: Part One

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
That is something i've took to consideration but when you reach professer Oak he doesnt take the pokemon. Instead, he says the Eevee has grown to like you and you can keep it!! So its up to you what you do to it.

Update: I've built a bridge from Cianwood to Olivine. I may add some trainer battles there. I'm also adding some trainer battles to routes 4 & 5. I'm at school at the moment and for some stupid reason they blocked imagesites so ill decide whether you can become a mapper tonight Har D Har ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Aaaaa edit that man!

It's like a spoiler for what it will happen in the future plot!

Anyway It's a really good hack but....the first trainer at the battle hall had a Machoke 27 lvl....and when I got inside the first gym and faced the first trainer his pokemon were 30 lvl!O_O

Isn't it a little hard for starters?

Anyway I already have a party of 4 pokemon:pidgey,nidorina,pikachu and eevee at 16 lvls, so I think that after a few hours of training I will be able to beat them!

Just something I noticed:

I'm not sure if you put it there on purpose but the fisherman inside that "cave-house" gives you a super rod!

Isn't it a little too soon for that?

P.S.Sorry for my bad english!

~Red

Years
Aaaaa edit that man!

It's like a spoiler for what it will happen in the future plot!

Anyway It's a really good hack but....the first trainer at the battle hall had a Machoke 27 lvl....and when I got inside the first gym and faced the first trainer his pokemon were 30 lvl!O_O

Isn't it a little hard for starters?

Anyway I already have a party of 4 pokemon:pidgey,nidorina,pikachu and eevee at 16 lvls, so I think that after a few hours of training I will be able to beat them!

Just something I noticed:

I'm not sure if you put it there on purpose but the fisherman inside that "cave-house" gives you a super rod!

Isn't it a little too soon for that?

P.S.Sorry for my bad english!

No need to be sorry, your english is fine!! I was originally going to block that cave off, the warp data isnt finished yet!! The fisherman's house should be in Vermillion, my mistake!!

Har D Har welcome to the team!! I loved your map!! Now, I need some scripters URGENTLY, anyone want to step forward?

~Red

Years
I haven't played through much yet as I'm low on time, but I like what I've seen so far (nice tile hacks), I'll give it a proper play-through tomorrow.

Also Presea's Tools might have some useful stuff, TBC (Trainer Battle Customizer, though it's German I think, may be useful).
I might be on tomorrow afternoon to talk and stuff if you're online.

btw none of those tools work because my rom is a different language and i dont speak german.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Finally, another Guy that knows how to script!
or do you?

Well, I'm not saying I like gold hacks, you've probably heard it before so yeah...but I do like them.
I wee that you've made new tiles they're Pretty and Go with the hack.

Well, If you need an help, there's help available from gold hacking experts!

~Red

Years
Finally, another Guy that knows how to script!
or do you?

Well, I'm not saying I like gold hacks, you've probably heard it before so yeah...but I do like them.
I wee that you've made new tiles they're Pretty and Go with the hack.

Well, If you need an help, there's help available from gold hacking experts!

Unfortunatley i dont know how to script but i plan to learn from a tutorial if someone could point me in the right direction. I know how to advance hack but i want a challenge, advance hacks are sooo boring to make (no offence).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
cooley (and Skeetendo in his next post) explained how you could script in Gold, it's in the Documents/Tutorials. So, I hope you manage to learn to script, because as always, scripts are what make new events happen, and games become more interesting ;)

~Red

Years
cooley (and Skeetendo in his next post) explained how you could script in Gold, it's in the Documents/Tutorials. So, I hope you manage to learn to script, because as always, scripts are what make new events happen, and games become more interesting ;)

Um, where? I dont see any tutorials on Gold scripting there!! Is gold scripting similar to advance scripting (if it is then ill be ok with it), if not, this has gone to the dumps...

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Here is the scripting tutorial for Gold by Cooley, also if any of the tools use configuration files like *.ini then you can just change any different locations or else hack the executable like Skeetendo did with AGIXP.

~Red

Years
I think I've got the hang of it!! Um, is there a movement table anywhere? I dont think Cooley covers movements...

EDIT: I've got some problems guys. I tried to make the fatman in Totum city say "Hello" but when i press a on him the emulator crashes, what have i done wrong? I followed the tutorial perfectly!! I hate scripting...

EDIT2: Found the problem, Translhextion isnt saving it properly, can someone give me a HEX editor that actually saves my work please? I've always had this trouble with HEX editors even on my other computer, why arent they saving when i click the save button?

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Translhextion has always saved normally in my experience. Would you mind posting an IPS of the crashing ROM?

~Red

Years
This might sound like a stupid comment, but is the rom on "read-only"? I've done that before, and it drove me crazy trying to find out why my hex editor wasn't saving.

I use XVI23 now (just as easy), although for some reason my script isnt working. Here is an extract from address $1225A0 :

uploadnownn9.jpg

The script is supposed to make the person look left, right, up, down after the massage is said but i keep getting emu crashes.

P.S. what Hexidecimal creates a new line? I know 7F creates a space.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
For newlines, use 4F on the top line and 51 on the bottom line.

I tested out both scripts on a clean ROM and they worked fine. Are you sure your pointers are correct? What are you using to change the pointers?

~Red

Years
For newlines, use 4F on the top line and 51 on the bottom line.

I tested out both scripts on a clean ROM and they worked fine. Are you sure your pointers are correct? What are you using to change the pointers?

Okay, im going to make the script again and see if it works. I've followed Cooley's tutorial and the "Hello!" worked fine.

EDIT: Didnt work and im now in a frustrated mood.

(Brief swearing was here but i decided to take it out)

Last edited:
Back