• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Dude0000579

The Dude
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
i finished beating winona and veracity i head to the cave and then i reach a place where the background is brown on the left i see a wall and meteor wat do i do

HOW DO I DEFEAT KINGMADIO IN THE ELITE FOUR

he;lp plzz how do i defeat it
This been done now ho do i find the artefact on the shipwreck

Get the mystery call from the Lilycove sewers. Then got to Dewford and sail east until you see the shipwreck. Go through the ship and find the dive spot and then you will find an area with six doors. All you have to do is scourer the floor for each key to open another door (the key can be anywhere on the floor or in bins etc, don't rely on the shiny trash). The artifact will be in the last door that needs to be opened.

paras is better ?? im usin koffing (2nd run now) and koffing is better as well ;) ..

Tbh, I think this is just personal preference, I love koffing and play with him better.

Hi.
I've really been wanting to download this Rom for a long time now, but I've came across a problem. I've downloaded the Snakewood Rom, a VisualBoyAdvance Emulator and a Pokemon RUBY USA Rom. But when I patched everything together all what I got was a white screen. Could somebody help me out? Thanks

Make sure you download the patch from the first page of this thread. Make sure that the ruby rom you download is clean. I can't remember where I got mine from but just try downloading a few and see what happens. Also, download vba from a different place just in case that is the problem.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
can somone help i really want to play this game but i dont no what emulator to use im using visualboy advance and when i try open it it says unsupported file type? help i really want to play this rom hack it looks epic

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
can somone help i really want to play this game but i dont no what emulator to use im using visualboy advance and when i try open it it says unsupported file type? help i really want to play this rom hack it looks epic

The file on the first page is an ips file, it is used to patch the original ruby rom to change it to snakewood. You need to download a clean ruby rom and patch it using that file, it will then be able to be read by visual boy advance.

AZI

Years
well what makes baltoy weak is that hes psyhic type .. and theres like 80% of enemies using dark types :(

whats usefull with baltoy is his explosion (while exploring) but then .. koffing can learn explosion as well

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find a 'clean' Pokemon Ruby (U) Rom? Everywhere I've looked and downloaded has resulted in the same results..... A White Screen.

AZI

Years
Does anyone know where I can find a 'clean' Pokemon Ruby (U) Rom? Everywhere I've looked and downloaded has resulted in the same results..... A White Screen.

u tryed running patched file without renaming, or moving it ???

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
S'more questions.
Spoiler:

Really anything would be nice c: :2: :chu:

Dude0000579

The Dude
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Thx Dude
I really wanted this after finishing this game can u suggest which game i play

This is only the second hack I have played. The first was pokemon quartz, it was okay but snakewood was easily the better hack :)

S'more questions.
Spoiler:

Really anything would be nice c: :2: :chu:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2015
could i get some help i am stuck i got the autograph from the rock concert then i go to the steel door open it go to the room with the quiz machines i answer the first two quiz machines correctly then the third says i already answered it please answer i am stuck and on my birthday please help

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
guys i need help i went to mount moon after beating that guy with the three dark pokemon in the department store after i went to mount moon just to explore and i accdentialy went to the spot were the submarines is and jump down by accedient so now i jumped down and he is talking about fixing the evalator(note i have already done that) so i think ok ill just try to do it so i go to the evalator and then to the warp after i go back to usher and he said blah blah blah fix the evaltor but ive already fix it agghhhhhh so im stuck and i dont no the last point were i saved maybe before i even got thourgh the darco fortess so i want to get so i dont have to go back and replay all ot that and thx for reading

note: agian i have already done the evalator and im supposed to go the evergrande(dnt wry i no were that is)becuase i just got dive. aslo ive already tryed teleport.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2014
For anyone who wants to know how to obtain Shaderu.
Spoiler:

I actually randomly found this without even looking for it. I was searching for the starters. If anyone could give me a hint on how to obtain the starters or tell me how to obtain Faceleech it would be greatly appreciated.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
i know how to get faceleech! idk if cuterline would like me saying it but i can give hints.
1. it is related to turmur
2. you need a ditto

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Where is the engine I have to fix i the submarine ? I can't find it and I don't have strenght yet so I doubt I have overseen it because I went through pretty much everything :(
Btw: I allready have a Magnemite and I whacked the Ballengine aswell but I still don't know what to do :( I'm dumb...

Edit: Allright, got it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2014
i know how to get faceleech! idk if cuterline would like me saying it but i can give hints.
1. it is related to turmur
2. you need a ditto

Spoiler:
Thanks for the help man, I appreciate it. Now I just need those damn starters.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Okay so I'm confused now. I got out of the submarine and went north so I surfed down the waterfall and realised I'm at the first town again. Then I went to the gym and everything is freaking powerful! I then surfed to the town again but I can't go any further because the rocks (and a chef) block the way and I can't jump down to the submarine again so what should I do now ?

Dude0000579

The Dude
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
For anyone who wants to know how to obtain Shaderu.
Spoiler:

I actually randomly found this without even looking for it. I was searching for the starters. If anyone could give me a hint on how to obtain the starters or tell me how to obtain Faceleech it would be greatly appreciated.

For the starters:

Spoiler:

I found them by accident too :)

How to get a psypig? I just a little curious

Psypig is found in the Tower that a dragon takes you to on Mossdeep City.

guys i need help i went to mount moon after beating that guy with the three dark pokemon in the department store after i went to mount moon just to explore and i accdentialy went to the spot were the submarines is and jump down by accedient so now i jumped down and he is talking about fixing the evalator(note i have already done that) so i think ok ill just try to do it so i go to the evalator and then to the warp after i go back to usher and he said blah blah blah fix the evaltor but ive already fix it agghhhhhh so im stuck and i dont no the last point were i saved maybe before i even got thourgh the darco fortess so i want to get so i dont have to go back and replay all ot that and thx for reading

note: agian i have already done the evalator and im supposed to go the evergrande(dnt wry i no were that is)becuase i just got dive. aslo ive already tryed teleport.

By mount moon you mean meteor falls, right? I got trapped there too but I saved before jumping down. The only way to escape is to have strength (and that only works once and involves a rare pokemon).

could i get some help i am stuck i got the autograph from the rock concert then i go to the steel door open it go to the room with the quiz machines i answer the first two quiz machines correctly then the third says i already answered it please answer i am stuck and on my birthday please help

Can't help sorry, that never happened to me... You could always try downloading the snakewood patch from the first page on here and patching it again and seeing if that will help.

Okay so I'm confused now. I got out of the submarine and went north so I surfed down the waterfall and realised I'm at the first town again. Then I went to the gym and everything is freaking powerful! I then surfed to the town again but I can't go any further because the rocks (and a chef) block the way and I can't jump down to the submarine again so what should I do now ?

You need to go back to Slateport city and there is a box (looks like a supply crate) that can be removed with the spanner.

Years
So I'm pretty much done with the game - got all the legendaries except Senex (who is glitching out for me, along with HM Strength - had to walk through walls to get the Furis and stuff) and I just really love this game. Couple random questions/thoughts:

- Is Cyndaquil in this game? I have both Totodile and Chikorita but I don't remember seeing a Cyndaquil or its evolutions anywhere.

- Luca Zamon is probably one of the coolest-looking Pokemon I've ever seen. Haven't used it yet (I've grown waaay too attached with my current team - though I might replace Weavile...) but I plan to, along with Faceleech, Shaderu, and the rest of the gang.

- Is Weavile the only Pokemon without an ability? Or is that actually just a glitch on my end? Not sure if Sneasel had one but it was kind of jarring to not have an ability. .-.

- So many awesome references. I want Kamina as a Pokemon (he was a jerk to beat by the way - I was close to having a perfect victory before he Full Restore'd and destroyed half of my team). :D Don Pachi was pretty awesome to find, as well.

- Cutlerine, are you going to be going back one day and fixing bugs and adding more stuff (such as the female character sprites, the Trick Master-place, and that secret area in Madio Caves - which looks like it would be pretty cool, by the way :p)? Or are you done with this game?

Also what you did with Shaderu and Faceleech was pretty clever. I somehow got the whole Faceleech mystery right with your hint (I really don't want to know how that would work - though that's Snakewood logic for you) but I would've never guessed Shaderu's hiding spot. Since y'know, it was that one place you never had to go to in this game lol. You really know how to make clever puzzles!

Welp this is getting kind of long now. Great game, I will totally be replaying it as well as Keratin whenever it comes out. :)

Back