• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Well considering most of the time you'll be battling you should have no problem because that part is in English. All you need to play any pokemon game is common sense and some curiosity from now and then.

i get what u mean, its just rather play through a game understanding what the people in the cities r saying. plus u need to understand them sometimes to get certain tasks done. im proud to say ive gotten badges now practically playing the game blind lol:D

Years
ik that i read somewhere about eevees evolutions but idk where so will u pls tell me will i be able to evolve eevee into any type(umbreon,espeon,leafeon and glaceon) and how.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
To Ash: Don't you dare leak any information out, OK?
Well... maybe :D

Before SP sees this!:
Translation is currently up to sdijgfaisghsghfdgifdhjfdgjigj and we just have to do sgjasghfgifjgfgjdfgngsagtwe so we can finish wgjhsgjifhjgawhoehkehah.

ik that i read somewhere about eevees evolutions but idk where so will u pls tell me will i be able to evolve eevee into any type(umbreon,espeon,leafeon and glaceon) and how.
It's the same as in original game but Leafeon and Glaceon are not evolable (spelling? o.O) from Eevee.

Years

Before SP sees this!:
Translation is currently up to sdijgfaisghsghfdgifdhjfdgjigj and we just have to do sgjasghfgifjgfgjdfgngsagtwe so we can finish wgjhsgjifhjgawhoehkehah.

It's the same as in original game but Leafeon and Glaceon are not evolable (spelling? o.O) from Eevee.

to evolve eevee into umbreon i need to level up it with max happiness during the night so u say that u also get to see the day and night in action in PLP.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Before SP sees this!:

Reply in bold: You didn't leave leak out any information. Perfect. Just keep it this way.

Wait a minute... Leafeon and Glaceon are not in the original game.
I added them. And yes, they're not evolvable from Eevee, because no current tool can make a PKMN have 7 evolutions. However, they can be breed into Eevee.

to evolve eevee into umbreon i need to level up it with max happiness during the night so u say that u also get to see the day and night in action in PLP.

That will be changed. Eevee will evolve into Umbreon via a Moon Stone, and it will evolve into an Espeon via a Sun Stone.

Years
On the first 3 rounds of the World Championship how many random trainers can you battle? By the way are the trainers you battle gonna have their Pokemon stay the same or are some gonna be changed? Also I like the new updates on Hacks World, WesleyFG's website!

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
i get what u mean, its just rather play through a game understanding what the people in the cities r saying. plus u need to understand them sometimes to get certain tasks done. im proud to say ive gotten badges now practically playing the game blind lol:D
Actually, through some help from Google Translate and intense gaming, I found myself able to understand both written Spanish and written Portuguese :P Not spoken, or write myself, ofc, and only for a short while until I quit playing. But it was so bad that I could understand what people in the city were saying x)

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
i don't see why you have to keep it top secret. ITS A HACK... what's the big deal. if you told ppl stage by stage where you was, this thread would have half the replies and half the spam. jesus. smh. get over your selves, your not Nintendo.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
i don't see why you have to keep it top secret. ITS A HACK... what's the big deal. if you told ppl stage by stage where you was, this thread would have half the replies and half the spam. jesus. smh. get over your selves, your not Nintendo.

Well, well, little child, do you realize that I'm the co-creator of this hack?
If I said that it's top secret, then it will stay like that.
I hope that you can accept it. Also, whether I'm keeping this top secret or not has nothing with me being part of Nintendo or anything like that. You're way smarter than I thought. 0.o

Also, like what you've said, if I told people how I'm progressing, I would get a lot of unnecessary replies. So, I'm keeping it top secret until I'm ready to release the edited-translated version.

We're not continuing this argument, OK?

By the way are the trainers you battle gonna have their Pokemon stay the same or are some gonna be changed? Also I like the new updates on Hacks World, WesleyFG's website!

All Trainers will have their PKMN edited. Even the ones from the very beginning will have very different teams, Ethan.

Also, Trainers that are important to the storyline (Ethan, Red, Lucas, Solana, Lunick and Team Steam)
will have six PKMN (Well, for the rivals, they will only have six PKMN after the 4th Gym Battle in Zheri)
and each PKMN will have the strongest moveset possible and they also have 255 AI level. (That's the highest AI level they could have) That means, these PKMN will only use super effective moves against the player's PKMN.

I did research in Bulbapedia, so all of the PKMN's movesets are sure to be correct.

Also, I added a few relationships to certain people in Zheri.
Trentan (3rd Gym Leader of Zheri) is the younger brother of Lochen. (One of the Elite Four members who specializes in Water type PKMN in Zheri) This will be mentioned by Lochen before the battle.

Lunick and Solana will get married after the player completes the Zheri league.
After your final with Solana (Which is in Route 415), she will mention that she will quit her career as a PKMN Trainer, and aims to be a PKMN Coordinator instead. Also, another reason on why she quits battling is because she wants to spend more time with her future husband, Lunick, instead of competing with him all of the time.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You really think so...?
Think of it carefully... if we said that we are in ABC stage wouldn't it start chain of posts like "awesome! so far already!" or in worse case "you only did that little in the time you had for it?!"

HUH?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! O.o
Isn't that kinda too much? o.O

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

HUH?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! O.o
Isn't that kinda too much? o.O

Nope. Some characters just need some more background stories. Starting from the Zheri League, the important characters have relationships with people from the official PKMN games.

For example, Lunick and Solana's relationship grew to a romantic relationship while they were still in Fiore.
When they came to Zheri, they had faith that they would get married there.

Oh, and I need some opinions on some new names for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in the Lauren region.
Also, their badges need new names.
#1 - Rock type Leader (Female) (Younger sister of Roark Hyouta, the first Gym Leader of the Sinnoh region)
#2 - Flying type Leader (Female) (Older cousin of Winona Nagi, the sixth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#3 - Fighting type Leader (Female) (Daughter of Chuck Shijima, the fifth Gym Leader of the Johto region)
#4 - Fire type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Flannery Moore, the fourth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#5 - Normal type Leader (Male) (Son of Norman Haruka, the fifth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#6 - Poison type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League)
#7 - Psychic type Leader (Male) (Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu, the 7th Gym Leaders of the Hoenn region)
#8 - Steel type Leader (Female) (Older sister of Jasmine Mikan, the 6th Gym Leader of the Johto region)

Elite Four:
#1 - Poison type E4 (Female) (Younger sister of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League)
#2 - Normal type E4 (Male)
#3 - Flying type E4 (Female)
#4 - Dragon type E4 (Female)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Where are the fire stones in this game? I have a lvl 45 Growlithe, I'm at Grament city and I still have yet to find any? It's getting a bit ridiculous now, considering you get Growlithe in the second city, and I've come across every other type of evolutionary stone apart from fire -.-

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
Years
#1 - Rock type Leader (Female) (Younger sister of Roark Hyouta, the first Gym Leader of the Sinnoh region) – Johanna/Regina
#2 - Flying type Leader (Female) (Older cousin of Winona Nagi, the sixth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region) – Serriah/Sierra
#3 - Fighting type Leader (Female) (Daughter of Chuck Shijima, the fifth Gym Leader of the Johto region) - Ashley
#4 - Fire type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Flannery Moore, the fourth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region) – Pyro/Blitz/Reynold
#5 - Normal type Leader (Male) (Son of Norman Haruka, the fifth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region) - Gerard
#6 - Poison type Leader (Male) (Younger brother of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League) – Shogo/Stephen
#7 - Psychic type Leader (Male) (Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu, the 7th Gym Leaders of the Hoenn region) – Tyson/Sebastian
#8 - Steel type Leader (Female) (Older sister of Jasmine Mikan, the 6th Gym Leader of the Johto region) - Ariel

Elite Four:
#1 - Poison type E4 (Female) (Younger sister of Koga Kyo, the 2nd Elite Four of the Johto/Kanto League) – Julia
#2 - Normal type E4 (Male) - Caden
#3 - Flying type E4 (Female) - Mari
#4 - Dragon type E4 (Female) Rachel/Sienna

Hope you like my ideas, especially Caden hahaha.

Years
MY RETURN

Hello everyone
I am writing now to justify myself for many things and apologize, in these last few days (weeks and months) have not had time even to breathe in my real life I'm in my final year of college and things are very complicated.

But as I had promised everyone the final beta was already available for download so I was not worried about the fans of this game for the downloadable version was already available.

And actually I gave freedom to the translators SARCASTIC PRINCE and ASH493 alter (change) the names of coaches and coordinating the bugs for the version in ENGLISH.

I have much to thank and give credit to these two for keeping this thread alive and responding to people, and conceguir do their jobs with maximum perfection.

I really give them freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )

Thanks to All.

I will answer all the better when you have more time as fast as possible, and my PM​​'s also, I have not forgotten anyone;)

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Adding a marriage would be changing the game's script, yes? If nothing else, you are changing the history or background of a character. Even your partner seems to think that an addition like that is too much, and for good reason if Wesley's stance has not changed.

I assume Wesley decided that the amount of character development he added to the hack he created was sufficient, hence why it is not to be touched. If this has changed, it would be nice if an amendment to Wesley's statement could be posted to end confusion surrounding the issue.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Well, well, little child, do you realize that I'm the co-creator of this hack?
If I said that it's top secret, then it will stay like that.
I hope that you can accept it. Also, whether I'm keeping this top secret or not has nothing with me being part of Nintendo or anything like that. You're way smarter than I thought. 0.o

Also, like what you've said, if I told people how I'm progressing, I would get a lot of unnecessary replies. So, I'm keeping it top secret until I'm ready to release the edited-translated version.

We're not continuing this argument, OK?

All Trainers will have their PKMN edited. Even the ones from the very beginning will have very different teams, Ethan.

Also, Trainers that are important to the storyline (Ethan, Red, Lucas, Solana, Lunick and Team Steam)
will have six PKMN (Well, for the rivals, they will only have six PKMN after the 4th Gym Battle in Zheri)
and each PKMN will have the strongest moveset possible and they also have 255 AI level. (That's the highest AI level they could have) That means, these PKMN will only use super effective moves against the player's PKMN.

I did research in Bulbapedia, so all of the PKMN's movesets are sure to be correct.

Trentan (3rd Gym Leader of Zheri) is the younger brother of Lochen. (One of the Elite Four members who specializes in Water type PKMN in Zheri) This will be mentioned by Lochen before the battle.

Lunick and Solana will get married after the player completes the Zheri league.
After your final with Solana (Which is in Route 415), she will mention that she will quit her career as a PKMN Trainer, and aims to be a PKMN Coordinator instead. Also, another reason on why she quits battling is because she wants to spend more time with her future husband, Lunick, instead of competing with him all of the time.
I thought you were a translator not a "co-creator". Wesley even names you guys [Ash493 and yourself] as translators. However I don't really have too much of an issue with the addition of relationships. I love hacks that define a character's backstory.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
I'm doing a video LP of the English version as I type, can't wait to get a full English version to play! I like it so far and I'll definitely be waiting for the complete one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also, their badges need new names.
#1 - Rock type Leader (Female) (Younger sister of Roark Hyouta, the first Gym Leader of the Sinnoh region)
#2 - Flying type Leader (Female) (Older cousin of Winona Nagi, the sixth Gym Leader of the Hoenn region)
#3 - Fighting type Leader (Female) (Daughter of Chuck Shijima, the fifth Gym Leader of the Johto region)
You aren't planning to use those mixes of English and Japanese names in game, are you? o.O
You know how I hate it.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Where are the fire stones in this game? I have a lvl 45 Growlithe, I'm at Grament city and I still have yet to find any? It's getting a bit ridiculous now, considering you get Growlithe in the second city, and I've come across every other type of evolutionary stone apart from fire -.-

Could someone please help me out here?

Years
Since they have an English sounding first name I would probably give them a more English sounding surname/last name.

Oh and here are my badge names:

1. Bee Badge
2. Growth Badge
3. Sail Badge
4. Dusk Badge
5. Fossil Badge
6. Power Badge
7. Winter Badge
8. Meteor Badge

For Lauren's badges:

1. Cave Badge
2. Strato Badge
3. Macho Badge
4. Erupt Badge
5. Blank Badge
6. Ninja Badge
7. Brain Badge
8. Plate Badge

Gym Leader/Elite Four of Lauren names:
Rhonda (Rocaverna)
Aerith (Guardave)
Katelyn (Lutasoco)
Craig (Volcasa)
Winston (Normono)
Brennan (Zoologinga)
Celeste (Mentospita)
Samantha (Mironheiro)

The Elite Four are:
Nancy (Poison)
Gordon (Ground)
Darcy (Dark)
Rachel (Dragon)
Blake (Champion)

Last edited:
Years
This hack will be my fave....
Pokemon Ranger, Gold/Silver, Platinum, and other cool Cameos..
Two regions, i wish i had the strength to make a game like that...

Now. I'm downloading.
Will there be new songs?
Heh, if none, i'll make some songs--so custom.

Last edited:
Back