• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
It wouldnt surprise me if its something to do with me. Bit of a weird glitch to get though. Ah well, life goes on. I could try patching a rom from somewhere else, but im over 120 hours in (with the spacebar almost welded in place though) so i think ill just wait till the next game you make. Who knows - the next update might mystically fix it! :p

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I found another of the 'opening the menu or you will end up controlling Demon Corpse Andromalius' style glitches, but its for the first Dejuu girl near the Berry Master's House. I spent so much time getting there and now I gotta start all over Again! Ugh....

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Found a few more problems/things to ask about:

1. Lunatone doesn't evolve with a moon stone for me... didn't someone say it does?

2. I caught a bonemadio today, but it was holding a weird item called a "YOUYOUYOU!" I took it from the pokemon and looked at the description, which just said "you". I tried to use it, but Prof. Birch (man, I hate him) told me not to use it, so I assume it's just a hold item. Any clues as to what it does, if anything? is it a glitch?

3. I got to the part where the council said to meet on "gym island", and i went to start my search at lilycove city. I headed west out of town, but as soon as I stepped onto the route, the deadly 7, who were having a cake party, stopped me and fought me, even though I agreed to eat their "deadly" cake twice. I had to fight them all in a row, no pauses, but the weird thing was, their pokemon were all in the high 40's (way too low for this point on the game) and they weren't all fully evolved like they were in the abandoned mine. Plus, THEY WERE INVISIBLE! There were no character sprites in the overworld, though they appeared in battle. I felt like my character was talking to thin air that talked back. Then after beating them, they warned me there were traitors in Hoenn, then they left... not even sure what was up with that at all.

4. Can you give a hint as to where gym island is? I surfed around for it but the only gyms I found was the demon monkey one and the one connected with the sewers, not any with people.

5. I know you keep getting this and I'm sorry, but is HM strength available yet?

6. Oh! Here's another glitch I remembered. When you're in the sub near the end of the game and you go to get an autograph from the band, you know how there's the guard that tells you to stay away? Well, after you ignore him and get an autograph anyway, you wind up in the other room with the 2 steel doors. But if you try to go back in there and get another autograph, then the guard yells at you again, but this time you're character is only half-visible, on the top part of the screen. It's like he's about to climb down again, but I'm still in control. I went to the room with the 2 steel doors, then back in there again via the portal. This time the guard yells at me and I get teleported (sort of) into a 4x4 "box", but it still shows the stage area, but you can't see your character. The only way out of the box is to step on a portal that's in it, but then you warp right up by the guard, and the only direction you can move is in front of him, where he warps you back into the box. The only way to get out of this accursed loop is to load a previous save point to before you even went back onstage after getting the 1st autograph.

Ragnia

Hello
Years

1. Lunatone doesn't evolve with a moon stone for me... didn't someone say it does?

2. I caught a bonemadio today, but it was holding a weird item called a "YOUYOUYOU!" I took it from the pokemon and looked at the description, which just said "you". I tried to use it, but Prof. Birch (man, I hate him) told me not to use it, so I assume it's just a hold item. Any clues as to what it does, if anything? is it a glitch?

3. I got to the part where the council said to meet on "gym island", and i went to start my search at lilycove city. I headed west out of town, but as soon as I stepped onto the route, the deadly 7, who were having a cake party, stopped me and fought me, even though I agreed to eat their "deadly" cake twice. I had to fight them all in a row, no pauses, but the weird thing was, their pokemon were all in the high 40's (way too low for this point on the game) and they weren't all fully evolved like they were in the abandoned mine. Plus, THEY WERE INVISIBLE! There were no character sprites in the overworld, though they appeared in battle. I felt like my character was talking to thin air that talked back. Then after beating them, they warned me there were traitors in Hoenn, then they left... not even sure what was up with that at all.

4. Can you give a hint as to where gym island is? I surfed around for it but the only gyms I found was the demon monkey one and the one connected with the sewers, not any with people.

5. I know you keep getting this and I'm sorry, but is HM strength available yet?

6. Oh! Here's another glitch I remembered. When you're in the sub near the end of the game and you go to get an autograph from the band, you know how there's the guard that tells you to stay away? Well, after you ignore him and get an autograph anyway, you wind up in the other room with the 2 steel doors. But if you try to go back in there and get another autograph, then the guard yells at you again, but this time you're character is only half-visible, on the top part of the screen. It's like he's about to climb down again, but I'm still in control. I went to the room with the 2 steel doors, then back in there again via the portal. This time the guard yells at me and I get teleported (sort of) into a 4x4 "box", but it still shows the stage area, but you can't see your character. The only way out of the box is to step on a portal that's in it, but then you warp right up by the guard, and the only direction you can move is in front of him, where he warps you back into the box. The only way to get out of this accursed loop is to load a previous save point to before you even went back onstage after getting the 1st autograph.

Lunatone and Solrock need to be balanced out to evolve.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I found another of the 'opening the menu or you will end up controlling Demon Corpse Andromalius' style glitches, but its for the first Dejuu girl near the Berry Master's House. I spent so much time getting there and now I gotta start all over Again! Ugh....

You should probably have saved.

1. Lunatone and Solrock need to be balanced out.

2. Huh. Funny, that. The 'YouYouYou' is a glitch item I found. I didn't put it there, it just appeared. I'll take it off the Madios.

3. Yeah, that's just a repeat of an earlier event. I must fix that.

4. It isn't anywhere yet. It doesn't exist.

5. No.

6. I'll fix that.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Can you help me! I've finished the first battle with The Senex and got the call from Birch saying that I have to go to Ever Grande. Here's my question, how do I get there? I went Underwater near Lilycove and went inside the cave. What am I supposed to do? Thanks in advance who those who will help me

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I don't understand how to fix the engie in that submarine
Well first, go to the the room that you can surf on and go to the south eastern corner of the room. check the cabinets and youll get Arclight Spanner. Then go to the southwestern part and youll see the engine. talk to the different parts of the engine until you see the broken part. then go back and youll see Usher. Thats it.

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I know you said kindmagio is on mirage island. What do we have to do to get to mirage island? I know you need some special pokemon on a special day in pokemon emerald, but I never really understood it. Is the concept of unlocking this island different in this game, or at least easier?

I think I got all the madios, but do they even learn any moves as they level up?
I want to find out, but I'm kinda scared of wasting my time b/c the champion's kindmadio only knows 2 moves. Is it like that for the rest of family, basically a worthless magikarp-esque family?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
I know you said kindmagio is on mirage island. What do we have to do to get to mirage island? I know you need some special pokemon on a special day in pokemon emerald, but I never really understood it. Is the concept of unlocking this island different in this game, or at least easier?

I think I got all the madios, but do they even learn any moves as they level up?
I want to find out, but I'm kinda scared of wasting my time b/c the champion's kindmadio only knows 2 moves. Is it like that for the rest of family, basically a worthless magikarp-esque family?

I also haven't got a clue how to get to mirage island, but what I do know is that there is 1 madio that has other moves, if I remember good it's burstmadio, but not sure.

Cutlerine

Years
Can you help me! I've finished the first battle with The Senex and got the call from Birch saying that I have to go to Ever Grande. Here's my question, how do I get there? I went Underwater near Lilycove and went inside the cave. What am I supposed to do? Thanks in advance who those who will help me

Head for the surface. You know, like trying to get to Sootopolis in RSE.

All the Madios have a range of moves, except Kingmadio - but then, Kingmadio, having no weaknesses, doesn't need a lot of moves to be deadly.

Oh, and whoever asked if Roclobster is a legendary: No. No it isn't. It is, however, a very powerful Pokémon. As anyone who fought the Champion will know.

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
"i cant find shinx i dnt know who gives it to me"

This is a paraphrased quote from what Cutlerine said earlier.

"What you would do with them (them being pets you buy from Count D. in Fortree City) is bring them to the Petmaster in Fort Draco. Leaving them with him for a while will result in them either growing up into usable Pokémon or dying."

So you have to get one of the pets from Count D's in Fotree first. I'd put my money on thunder cub

Last edited:

HackHackHack

Alias RayFlame
Years
There's a secret tunnel hidden somewhere. It's very, very secret. And very, very tunnel.

No. Wait. Scratch that, it's just very secret.

Lemme guess...Madio Caves, I saw a dragon in a certain cave room blocked of by a rock cliff or something but I'm pretty sure that I'm 70% wrong!

(Long time no post, I was busy :D)

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Lemme guess...Madio Caves, I saw a dragon in a certain cave room blocked of by a rock cliff or something but I'm pretty sure that I'm 70% wrong!

(Long time no post, I was busy :D)

Nope. I know where it is b/c I just so happened to be on Fort Draco when I last updated. Also, Cutlerine told us that the path to Fort Draco is now open, which it obviously there, with the dragon blocked off and all. I don't know why that dragon is in there, but I can tell you for sure that the tunnel is not within Madio caves... try a different place, one where you need Flash.

And Cutlerine, I accidentally threw away my cologne. Is there any way to get another one?

Anyone want to explain to me why Esau was in a mirror, and then in a rock? Is he a spirit or something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Great! Looking forward to playing the latest beta, I havent played in a while... This game is quite awesome and I still feel as though its "under the radar", with no Hack nomination up until this point...

Cutlerine

Years
Nope. I know where it is b/c I just so happened to be on Fort Draco when I last updated. Also, Cutlerine told us that the path to Fort Draco is now open, which it obviously there, with the dragon blocked off and all. I don't know why that dragon is in there, but I can tell you for sure that the tunnel is not within Madio caves... try a different place, one where you need Flash.

And Cutlerine, I accidentally threw away my cologne. Is there any way to get another one?

Anyone want to explain to me why Esau was in a mirror, and then in a rock? Is he a spirit or something?

Esau was in a mirror and a rock... for no reason at all.

Plus, there's no way to get another cologne. Sorry.

I saved after encountering the glitch, and my entire game view was off center, and I didnt want to go through the game that way.

The game screen resets when you enter a new map, so... that would probably have fixed it for you.

Great! Looking forward to playing the latest beta, I havent played in a while... This game is quite awesome and I still feel as though its "under the radar", with no Hack nomination up until this point...

Snakewood was actually nominated for Hack of the Month at one point, and won Hack of the Week. You must have missed it.

Back