• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
That Larvesta trade glitch is interesting. Were you able to obtain the Larvesta though? Did the trade work?

And yes, I know that's his real name. Alot of people didn't continue watching the full series to figure that out, so I was going to stick with the "Yami Yugi" name.

You keep your save state and load your save file for all updates. That should allow you to keep your pokemon and the changes in the updates will be applied once you reload your save state in the newly applied patc.h (Apply new patches to a new fire red rom everytime. Then simply reload your save state from the previous patch)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

EDIT: after the 7th badge, Arceus will inform you about Darugis's control over numerous Legendary Pokemon. At that point, new places will begin to be available in cities and routes that you've already pass by (I'm sure a lot of you notice the hot cave on top of Flamen City). At this point, the legendary pokemon will allow you to "use their power" to put a stop to Darugis only if you can defeat the specific legendary pokemon in a battle. This storyline choice allows an acceptable reason for why the player has legendary pokemon with him/her. Because I still feel there's no way, Chosen One or not, a teenager should be carrying legendary pokemon around. So the legendaries are "allowing you to use their power" temporary to defeat Darugis. However, some of the legendary pokemon have already become fully mind controlled by Darugis and will try to take you out no matter what. These will be the un-obtainable legendaries. A final list of the legendaries that will be obtanable and unobtainable will be posted soon.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Obtainable Legendaries in the Hack(listed by order of apperance): Tornadus, Thundurus, Victini, Landorus, Mew/Celebii/Groundon/Kyogre/Rayquasa/Deoxys/Reshiram/Zekrom

Unobtainable Legendaries in the Hack(listed by order of apperance): Entei(used by Evil Brock), Kyurem White/Black(used by Kaiden/Sakura), Kyurem(used by Sydney), Shadow Lugia(used by Adrian), Genosect (used by V), Landorus Therian Forme(used by Light), Tornadus & Thunurus Therian Formes(Must find their locations, beat them in their Therian Formes to obtain their regular formes.), Suicune(used by Evil Misty), Giratina(used by Yami Yugi), Raikou (used by Kayo), Ho-Oh(used by Ash) Keldeo(used by Kaz), Cressila/Dialga/Palkia/Regigigas (used by The Knights of the Round Table), Keldeo Resolution Forme(used by Kaz), Mewtwo(used by Adrian). All of these pokemon have been fully mind controlled by Darugis. With the exception of Kaz, Sydney, Ash, and Yugi, all of these pokemon are used by Bad Guys.

A lot of legendary pokemon who didn't make the first hack will All be included in the second. That includes a lot of the Unobtainable legends on this list. So don't be disappointed you won't be using them in the first. There's a good chance you'll have access to it in the second. Tajaros has already done some work for it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Lol you have NO Idea what that Lugia is capable of. I'm. Gonna keep it spoiler-free for now. Let's just say...Lugia's gonna wreck whatever team you put against it.
As I said, challenge accepted =D Will it have Taunt? If not, there's no way it can wreck anything =D

Damn, i just traded an abra for that larvesta... First the trade screen was bugged and then when i looked for it's location ( just. curiosity ) in pokedex disaster came ..
Weird o.O I traded it with no problems.

Since I dont want to lose my pokemon to apply the update I just apply it to the game I am playing right?
You must patch new ROM and replace the old one in folder with save.

I'm hoping this isn't off topic (it isn't really), and this has probably been said before but you know Yami's real name is Atem right?
It's Atemu (we must obey Japanese :D)

Obtainable Legendaries in the Hack(listed by order of apperance): Tornadus, Thundurus, Victini, Landorus, Mew/Celebii/Groundon/Kyogre/Rayquasa/Deoxys/Reshiram/Zekrom

Unobtainable Legendaries in the Hack(listed by order of apperance): Entei(used by Evil Brock), Kyurem White/Black(used by Kaiden/Sakura), Kyurem(used by Sydney), Shadow Lugia(used by Adrian), Genosect (used by V), Landorus Therian Forme(used by Light), Tornadus & Thunurus Therian Formes(Must find their locations, beat them in their Therian Formes to obtain their regular formes.), Suicune(used by Evil Misty), Giratina(used by Yami Yugi), Raikou (used by Kayo), Ho-Oh(used by Ash) Keldeo(used by Kaz), Cressila/Dialga/Palkia/Regigigas (used by The Knights of the Round Table), Keldeo Resolution Forme(used by Kaz), Mewtwo(used by Adrian). All of these pokemon have been fully mind controlled by Darugis. With the exception of Kaz, Sydney, Ash, and Yugi, all of these pokemon are used by Bad Guys.

A lot of legendary pokemon who didn't make the first hack will All be included in the second. That includes a lot of the Unobtainable legends on this list. So don't be disappointed you won't be using them in the first. There's a good chance you'll have access to it in the second. Tajaros has already done some work for it.
Interesting list of legends... it's kinda sad that most of legends are brainwashed =/
By the way it's "Genesect", not GenOsect. :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
There's alot of legendaries for the others because they're under a spell. The trainers who are using these legendaries didn't catch them or own them, they're just using the legendary against the player and to wreck havoc on the region. To put it simple, Darugis is pretty much using the trainer and the legendary pokemon to do whatever it desires.

Alot of progress will be made tonight! Currently working on Evil Misty and the dreaded pokemon tower with the Yugi/Giratina events. No one judge my yugi OWs! lol I'll try my best...

@dragontoy10

I've PM'd you about how to patch it. Let me know if everything went well.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
OWs Completed: Evil Misty, Yugi, Hero/Heroine Bike Sprites.

Trainer Sprites Completed: Evil Misty & Yugi.

I also finally have custom tiles for the rest of the hack's city, caves, and routes. Tajaros has been awa studying for exams, when he returns(tommorrow probably) more advance scripting can be inserted.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
^^^ probably the rom would freeze. Just a warning don't try to beat any pokemon that aren't meant to be beaten bc last time I tried that with the previous update it froze.

just a quick q ,
Spoiler:

I havn't gotten a chance to update with your latest patch so hopefully some more of the new sprites work now. When I have the time I'll see if there are any other errors you guys missed.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
lol not even with level 60-80 pokemon? :3 what level is it anyways ? xD

Even if you had a whole team consisted of Lv100 pokemon, it still won't lose. And no the rom won't freeze either if by some impossible miracle its taken down to 0 HP. I don't want to spoil it. You'll have to find out for yourself what I mean. My advice is, if you want to waste all your items trying to beat the thing. Have 2 seperate save files so you won't waste your money after you see it can't be beat lol.

About the Zekrom/Reshiram sprites, I haven't inserted them yet but their names are in Yape already. Their sprites will be in Beta2, which is when you'll be able to use them. Legendaries are recommended as the last part of the game will consist of 6 battles back to back without a poke center or mart. The 6 trainers will have very powerful pokemon, some exclusive just to them.

Years
Hey there. stopping by to see how this hack has come along. from the looks of it you have improved plenty of bugs and error in the first beta that was orginally released. I notice the knights of the round table...Final Fantasy 7? xD
I hope shadow lugia lives up to the hype you have generated around the battle with it. I eagerly look foward to the next release.

P.S. I knew V was coming back. xD

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'm really digging the box art and titlescreen visuals.
I'm not sure if I've missed this but will there be Pokemon from newer generations?

I don't have any real suggestion with the game itself as I'm no FireRed hacker and I haven't had my share of Fire Red hacks. (I think I will wait 'til Beta 2 to play this as I don't like to be left hanging) My opinion is about your post presentation. I think you should try adding spoiler tags, bolded and resized text, and some indentation/center alignment to make your storyline, characters, credits, and graphics more organized.

Oh and, I'm really loving the main character's sprite. So much blue and red on the rest of the characters, though; is this for a special reason?

No, I mostly just ran out of pallete colors lol. But thanks!

@_KeldeoInTraining

You mean that ridiculously difficult to get Summoning in FF7 that when you cast it, it takes so long to finish, you can literally go make a sandwich, come back, and they're still slaughtering your opponent? lol Then Yes.

Labor Day...Lust & Pain, along with other members yet named, will make their first move.

Last edited:
Back