• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HOTYResultsBanner.png

Yup, I'm copying last year's layout, kinda, because I suck
Foreword
Okay, well... This has taken a little while, hasn't it? Firstly, if any of you have been reading my posts or have been around Emulation in the past while, you will notice that I am now moderating the section on my own. I'm not complaining, and I'm not trying to make excuses (well, the former is definitely true). There was a bit of a delay on results in the first place, but becoming the only moderator sorta shook things up a little, and that's why you guys have had to wait until now. For that, I apologise.
Anyway, the results for the most parts have been tallied- ie. the main Hack of the Year award; awards for nominations and other things will be given in due course, probably through PM or something- this is the most important part at present, I guess.

Results
I should state that due to recent events, HotY was judged by three people this year (Myself and two others; Fireworks and DrFuji). I should also state, however, colcolstyles was on staff when these judges were decided on, and agreed that these guys were the most suitable. So while these guys are clearly my friends... Come on, don't let me hear any crap about bias and whatnot, please). Here is the results chart:
Spoiler:

Awards
Hoty3rd.png

HotY2nd.png

Hoty1st.png

To the award winners- your best bet is to download the award images, just in case something happens to my Photobucket in future.
Credit goes to Spherical Ice for these great award images, as the ones I was doing ended up sucking.

And that's it, for now!
So after a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait, there you go. Congratulations and commiserations are in order for the hackers, of course, but mostly congratulations, I'd say. I speak for more than myself when I say that 2011 had its rough moments in ROM Hacking, but I feel that the hacks that ended up in the final were definitely some of the best.

Now, let's just make 2012 better, okay?

This thread is for expressing congratulations to the winners and whatnot- I'mma have to be ruthless with spammers here, so.. don't do it. If I missed anything, as I am 497% certain that I did, then someone let me know.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
oh, goodness... o.o
I won the HotY...!?
I really lol'ed when I lost to General Appeal, Graphical Presentation and Gameplay. xD
Yet, I won...!? I mean, LoG won? =/

I was really expecting to be third again, or maybe second.

But oh well.
Yay to me...?

Congratulations to Snakewood and Light Platinum as well.

marcc5m

what
Years
This was really tough to judge and I ended up looking like the Simon Cowell kind of judge, but congrats Jagold for winning, and Wesley and Cutlerine for placing second and third. :)
And so, 2011 is officially over.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Third? Wow. I'm sure that's way more than I deserve, but still, it's great! And first for Gameplay and General Appeal, too... Now that's a spur to prick the sides of my ambition, as Macbeth might put it.

Well, congratulations are definitely due to WesleyFG and destinedjagold! I have to say, the award was justly won - both of their games are far superior to mine.

F.A.B.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
To be honest, I agree how this years hacks were okay, but these three hacks we ended up with were really great.
Congrats to DJG for winning HOTY and congrats to Light Platinum and Snakewood for coming second and third respectively.
With 2011 gone now, I'm starting to wonder which hack might win for 2012 though it's a long way to go. xD

Years
this makes 3 years in a row that light platinum came in second since I been here, and truly tbh I think of the top 3 LP should have won the 2011 hack of the year, which is just my opinion.

Congrats to DJG for the win though, but if he does make another hack I would say I would so want to see some better tiles and mapping could use a little improvement, scripting was the best part of the hack, I just really did not find it that fun to play.

Good luck to whoever gets to the 2012 hoty contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back