• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Hokum Trilogy: Part One

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Pokemon: The Hokum Trilogy

Hack of:
Gold

Story
Part One
Kyle, a boy living in the region of Hokum is called the day he hits 10 to Proffessor Kip's Pokemon lab. Kip has a job for Kyle, he needs Kyle to deliver the Pokemon Eevee to Professor Oak in Pallet town. As Kyle makes his way to Pallet Town in the Kanto region he meets tough times, gym leaders, team rocket and familiar characters!!

Part Two
This may sound confusing but the events in Part Two happened before Part One, Part Two is just so you understand Part One abit more. Part Two is about Kyle's father Derek. Derek travelled across all the 8 islands of Hokum and defeated the 16 Gym Leaders in the Hokum Region. You play as him as you furfill his journey.

Part Three
This wont make much sence untill you complete Part One and Two but you have to travel to Hoenn to help Marc defeat the Nuron Rangers. This is the hardest in the series and will test your skills to the limits.

Features
- Cross traveling between Hokum, Kanto, Johto and (when i get permission) Rijon.
- New storyline
- New scripts
- New sprites
- Maps are overhauled
- 12 badges to collect
- Battle Halls
- Johto is complete (except Silver Cave and New Bark Town)
- Pokemon Centers have a third and (maybe) fourth floor!!

Battle Halls
There are 4 battle halls in the Johto region: Beginner, Ameteur, Pro and Expert. Battle Halls are buildings across the Johto region with Champions inside. You don't have to battle them but theyre good if you want to get noticed!!

Old Screenshots
pgoldfzq7.png
pgoldf2zk6.png
pgoldf3jq8.png
pgoldf4ie4.png
pgoldf5gn5.png
pgoldf6ad4.png

pgoldf7xi1.png
pgoldf8os1.png
pgoldf9yg0.png
pgoldf10wk8.png
pgoldf11tg6.png
pgoldf12pc8.png

pgoldf13fb6.png
pgoldf14ib1.png
pgoldf15rb3.png
pgoldf16ul5.png
pgoldf17ft5.png
pgoldf18nt3.png

pgoldf19ud9.png
pgoldf20xd9.png
pgoldf21nl3.png
pgoldf22qt2.png
pgoldf23qu6.png
pgoldf24av2.png

pgoldf25my4.png

Latest Screenshots
f_pgoldfn1m_31f3197.png
f_pgoldfn2m_00c8e4e.png
f_pgoldfn3m_2ecd4f0.png
f_pgoldfn4m_1253008.png
f_pgoldfn5m_e710bd6.png

Team
Director/Mapper/Superviser - Ashandmisty
Mapper - Arceux
Mapper - Har D Har
Scripter -
Scripter -
Beta tester - Mon94key
Beta tester -
General helper - Black_Phantom

If you would like to join the team, please give proof of work. You are guarenteed a place ;)

Progress Report
Totum Town
COMPLETED TO PLAYABLE STANDARD

Route 1
COMPLETED TO PLAYABLE STANDARD

Gargo Town
Maps
Events
Other

Route 2
Maps
Events
Other

Route 3
Maps
Events
Other

Route 4
Maps
Events
Other

Route 5
Maps
Events
Other

Harricot Town
Maps
Events
Other

Route 6
Maps
Events
Other

Cianwood City
Maps
Events
Other

Olivine City
Maps
Events
Other

Currently working on
Fixing Text Errors
Goldenrod City
Ecruteak City

Previews
Spoiler:

Downloads
Part One V0.1
Coming soon: Part One V0.35

Support

Code:
[URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130965"][IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5301/861206299361xt8.png[IMG][URL]

Code:
[URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130965"][IMG]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7193/821206195265lr1.png[IMG][URL]
Don't forget to put the / in the last []
~Peace out~

Last edited:

~Red

Years
Great job man;)
This hack could (in my opinion) get very far.

Put your best in it, it looks awsome :D

//44tim44

PS. LoL 1st post :P

why thank you!! Here's your reward: I've added Beta V0.1 download to first post!!

cpsp

Hack Lover
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
i quiet like this hack, even though i personally don't normally like g/s/c hacks.
Hope this goes well, put the town is the preview looks like vermillion from the top with added wood gate. Other than thta, this looks great!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I see it finally made it to the Showcase, well, I'm happy for that. Hope you can improve more and more, and get good support.

Well, I'll be waiting for more news. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
It goes up to Cianwood City, the only errors are some text editing.

Another error I noticed. In the first Pokemon Center, if you talk the right most person, the sprites all get messed up. It fixes if you open the menu or leave, though.

Aside from that, the only other issue I see is that there's very little Pokemon battles (I had to actually actively try to find random battles, and often couldn't), and the Pokemon levels are very high. So when I went into the first Battle Hall, I had my Level 6 Pokemon against a Level 27 one, and lost instantly.

But the actual idea behind the hack is really cool, and I like what you've done so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited:

arceux

PokemonGoldenSunVersion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2008
Finally!

I'm thrilled that someone has made another G/S/C hack. I have a ds Mass Media Player and can't find a Gameboy Advance emulator. I thought Prism was good but for some reason the text really distracted me. If you need help pn anything at all just ask me. By the way, I can help with mapping and stuff and if you need proof just follow the link below.

Last edited:

shadowking93

UnStupid
Years
cool hack, the battle hall seems awesome. so, are the leaders in there count for badges(probably not) hope you get Rjion, that would seem awesome with a hack inside a hack! are gonna keep all of the gyms in each reigon? can we see some new sprites cuz i aint got computer memory to download. i just wanna see some more people. awesome hack, keep it up and maybe you get hack of year, month, week, or day! i'd like to see a great hack, as if it isn't already :D

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Wow. Just.. Wow. Something in the way this is hacked.. Attracts me like no other Hack.. Something in the way it's portrayed.

Beatles are super. Anyway, seriously, awesome looking start to this thread. I said in the HotW thread, and I meant it, this is one of the lone hacks here than really gets me excited about Pokemon, the way it did when I was younger, in the early 00's. Huge supporter here. Keep it up.

~Red

Years
Thanks for all your feedback everyone!! The wild pokemon thing, well, in Goldmap it says that everything's fine but for some reason when playing the game, pokemon only come out at night. I thought i gave plenty of places to train anyway? Have you noticed the road leading to the left of Route 1? That leads to a bug infested area with nice lvl 2-7 pokemon!!

Anyway, the battle hall have very high levels because it may say "Beginner's rank" but really thats just saying "the easiest rank", there's more and stronger Battle Halls to come ;)

Can anyone direct me to a trainer battle modifier? If not, I'll have to go through the painful process of trial and error with HEX (I prefer Javascript of all computing languages, some people find HEX easier than others!!)

So...that's all for today!!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Thanks for all your feedback everyone!! The wild pokemon thing, well, in Goldmap it says that everything's fine but for some reason when playing the game, pokemon only come out at night. I thought i gave plenty of places to train anyway? Have you noticed the road leading to the left of Route 1? That leads to a bug infested area with nice lvl 2-7 pokemon!!

Anyway, the battle hall have very high levels because it may say "Beginner's rank" but really thats just saying "the easiest rank", there's more and stronger Battle Halls to come ;)

However, even with lots of leveling up, I could only get my Pokemon to around Level 9-10 playing for awhile last night.

There should be trainers or some gradual increase, rather than instantly jumping to Pokemon in the high-20s/low-30s.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
I haven't played through much yet as I'm low on time, but I like what I've seen so far (nice tile hacks), I'll give it a proper play-through tomorrow.

Also Presea's Tools might have some useful stuff, TBC (Trainer Battle Customizer, though it's German I think, may be useful).
I might be on tomorrow afternoon to talk and stuff if you're online.

arceux

PokemonGoldenSunVersion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2008
Re:Hi

Yah heres the mapping example that I just PT'd you about

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Yeah another gold hack!

So far it looks good!(and a little strange)

Although you still have to fix some bugs!

Eeerr just one question!

If I got this correct,your mission is to take the Eevee at Professor Oak!

But what will happen if Eevee is evolved or you lose it or...anything anyway that would get the eevee out of the party?

Back