• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby: Making new Pokemon Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hello, my name is Tropical Sunlight and I'm presenting you my first tutorial: Making new Pokemon Types!

1. Open your ROM in UnLZ.GBA. Go to 1485 and you will see the types. Form them with + and -, then save the image.

2. Open the type-image and choose a type you don't need anymore. I chose the BUG type. So all the BUG-type Pokemon will become GRASS-type Pokemon in my game. You can change the types of Pokemon in YAPE.

3. Make up a type. I'll be using the SPACE-type. Form the words from letters of other types. Then, I deleted the ???-type so it doesn't overlap the used space in the ROM.

4. Insert it into UnLZ.GBA and pray you won't have a too big image. That is for beginners. Advanced users can repoint.

5. Test it in your ROM ;)

screen-of-surprise.png

I hope this helped!

Also, some notes for FireRed:
The Type icons in Fire Red can be found by opening the ROM in Tile Molester and going to offset 00E95FDC. Then hit Tile Forward to line them up right.

Last edited by a moderator:

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
No offence but is not really that helpful because you cannot change what is super effective/normal/resistant too.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have to agree with chaotix.
What would be REALLY helpful is a way to actually change/add/remove types, not just the graphics.
Coolboyman did it :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
No offence but is not really that helpful because you cannot change what is super effective/normal/resistant too.

I have to agree with chaotix.
What would be REALLY helpful is a way to actually change/add/remove types, not just the graphics.
Coolboyman did it :)
Sure that's possible! Just use Darthatron's Strenght Changing tool ;)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I was thinking of making a hack w/ the type "light", it would be super effective against the dark type and not very effective against the normal type, thats all the strength/weaknesses I thought of so far, and only 1 move (so far) will be for it, return, and frustration will be a dark type, and curse will be ghost type.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
You shouldn't be talking off-topic about ideas of what types you would like to add to your game.
This is a tutorial, not random discussion.

Anyway, this is a slightly useful tutorial, but like some people have said, there are a few things that get in your way.

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
Years
I think there is already a tool for it, so, this doesn't actually help, but thanks for trying.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Visible Light: You're a butthead,

Tropical Sunlight: I wish I would've seen tutorials like this back when I was your age kiddo's.

Good Job,

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I think there is already a tool for it, so, this doesn't actually help, but thanks for trying.
No, there isn't already a tool for this. You should look before you post.

nice guide only it isnt very helpfull
You should post more than that. Try making a tutorial about something you found yourself.
Obviously it doesn't help you complete a hack, but it adds some originality to a hack.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
No, there isn't already a tool for this. You should look before you post.

You should post more than that. Try making a tutorial about something you found yourself.
Obviously it doesn't help you complete a hack, but it adds some originality to a hack.
Thanks, man!
You're really helpful.
Add you as a friend?

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
Does anyone know the number for the types for FireRed in unlz? Sorry if i'm posting on a dead thread I'm not sure where I should be asking this.

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
Xad im working on it T_T so far i only found the status images

EDIT:Seriously what is the Unlz number cause ive searched the rom twice T_T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back