• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Hey Darkrisingirl, my Mareep will not evolve no matter what I do! Can you fix it in the next beta?

DeepFreez3

Articuno, is for my win.
Years
W-What

Did you just tell me I'm not helping reporting bugs when I'm posting bugs to fix?
Are you just that dumb? It's beta 1, that doesn't excuse amateur mistakes that could easily be fixed, don't release the hack if you didn't playtest it. I doubt you submitted any bug report, so don't attack those that do. If she has the backsprites, why not just put them inside the hack? I'm criticizing the game to make it better, so that this thread won't be a huge hugbox anymore with people thinking a mediocre beta is as good as it seems. You're not helping Dark Rising 2 in any way, it's people like you that make it worse by making DRG think that the hack is great right now.

Just stop.
Ok... you show us your OH SO PERFECT rom hack. I suggest you DON'T insult a rom hack if you cannot make one yourself. I don't know if you can or not. But show me some proof if you can? Yeah thanks for reporting bugs. But you simply cannot just insult a game like this? May I ask if you could do better? Then again, show some proof. I am pretty sure they have play tested it as well.
And for these bugs.
The pre-evolved starters are to CONNECT with Dark Rising 1.
Don't say these can easily be fixed!
ROM Hacking has so many boundaries and once one is fixed? Another is destroyed.
DRG has her self clear here.

But I am just so anxious to see you make a really good 1st beta.
Don't forget to play test it ;)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ok... you show us your OH SO PERFECT rom hack. I suggest you DON'T insult a rom hack if you cannot make one yourself. I don't know if you can or not. But show me some proof if you can? Yeah thanks for reporting bugs. But you simply cannot just insult a game like this? May I ask if you could do better? Then again, show some proof. I am pretty sure they have play tested it as well.
And for these bugs.
The pre-evolved starters are to CONNECT with Dark Rising 1.
Don't say these can easily be fixed!
ROM Hacking has so many boundaries and once one is fixed? Another is destroyed.
DRG has her self clear here.

But I am just so anxious to see you make a really good 1st beta.
Don't forget to play test it ;)

I don't care if you can make a rom hack, there will be no insulting anyone else's work. As all of you can see, I recently had to do a lot of cleaning on the last page of this thread. Personally, if you don't like a hack, don't follow it. Simple as that. Same thing goes for any other aspect of your life: music, religion, sports, moves, etc; if you don't like or agree, as long as it isn't hurting you, just move on with your life. Don't waste your time trying to put someone else down. All it does is cause people to get mad at you.

-----
Just as a warning, I will close this thread if it becomes a problem. If there is a bad post on here, instead of starting an argument, simply report it. If another argument like the last one breaks out, I will have to close this thread.
-----

@DeepFreez3: "ROM Hacking has so many boundaries and once one is fixed? Another is destroyed."

This is not true at all. I have been hacking for a while now and I have broken boundaries with ASM. I have expanded OWs, increased battle backgrounds (and rewrote ASM to change them on a whim), made houses light up at night, etc. I'm not perfect and I make more mistakes than success. However, as long as you look around at how things affect each other, there is no reason that your code should cause more problems when you insert it.

If you would like to discuss this, contact me via vm. There will be no more spam on this thread now that I am subscribed.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Yeah, Physical/Special split is in the game. :) If you are unsure on whether any move is physical or special you can try going to Bulbapedia or Serebii.

What?? Physical/Special is not yet implemented in this game. If it is, then you must see the icons beside the attack (on the attack description) ;)

How do you download the game from this website

Just click on the attachment found on the first post buddy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonFlames

Bye-Beeeeeee!
Years
How do you download the game from this website

Download it through the attachments in the first page.
Open the rar. or zip file then open the IPS file patch a clean Firered rom.
Hope this helps.

If it shows a white screen, I can only help you if your emulator is Visual Boy Advance.
go to options,then emulator,then save type and Flash 128k after you did those restart the game by pressing CTRL R.

Trainer 781

What?? Physical/Special is not yet implemented in this game. If it is, then you must see the icons beside the attack (on the attack description) ;)

If the splits icons are not there this doesn't mean that the game doesn't have the split. The split has been implemented but the routine (function) that shows the split icons has not been used in the hack (there are various hacks like this). Clearly, implementing the split function and implementing the insertion of split icon are different things. The icons just indicate the type of move and not manipulate the damage calculation.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Just to make sure. Redownload everything LunarIPS the IPS for DR2 and the FireRed rom. Then go to page 32 of this thread and read JcB0619 post on how to patch the file. (Notice: Do this for the best results.)

i forgot to add the Most Important Part is Use Firered USA Rom

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And the expected happened... I knew there will be clash between DRG huge fans who can't see anyone "bashing" their loved work and those who either hate it or constructively report criticism unless the beta is made with all the possibilities to prevent these unnecessary flames... :/

I do believe bug reports should be a bit criticizing because that ought to make the creator more motivated to "shut up" them ;)
So fans, let the bug reports be, DRG will surely find them useful but she needs to see them... and she won't if they are spammed by posts telling reporters that their tone is bad...

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2019
Some mistakes:
- Pokemon names: omanyte (The letter "o" isn't capitalized), Escaviler (It's Escavalier), Accellgor (There's only 1 "L", not 2).
- The description of Flare Blitz isn't the correct one.

Years
**** i was busy and forgot about this being released in december

I will try it later and i got a question, are the cries of next gen pokemon correct and if not do you plan on fixing them in next betas

Btw whats up with the stupid drama always following this hack grow up people

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
And the expected happened... I knew there will be clash between DRG huge fans who can't see anyone "bashing" their loved work and those who either hate it or constructively report criticism unless the beta is made with all the possibilities to prevent these unnecessary flames... :/

I do believe bug reports should be a bit criticizing because that ought to make the creator more motivated to "shut up" them ;)
So fans, let the bug reports be, DRG will surely find them useful but she needs to see them... and she won't if they are spammed by posts telling reporters that their tone is bad...
Most of the people who had criticisms did so quite rudely. It's one thing to acknowledge that there is a lot of bugs and tile errors, but to bash it is not appropriate. And note that DRG was not around for most of the criticizing herself and karatekid deleted the stuff to clean things up. DRG responded to one or two people who had criticisms while she was here and acknowledged her mistakes and noted that these things would be fixed in the next beta. This isn't about fanboyism vs. realism this is constructive critism vs. bashing.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
**** i was busy and forgot about this being released in december

I will try it later and i got a question, are the cries of next gen pokemon correct and if not do you plan on fixing them in next betas

Btw whats up with the stupid drama always following this hack grow up people

DRG is planning to insert it on the next beta release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back