• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - V
Route Three

Benny's Team
Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_131.png

Efa's Team
Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_035.png

The Toll Troll beckoned out his Stantler. It was a huge beast, but Benny thought it looked majestic. He had never seen one before and even if they lost, he felt grateful to even see it. Efa decided to send out Zen, who dashed to the center of the bridge, puffing her cheeks up.

Spr_2g_035.png
Spr_2g_234.png

"Interesting choice," said the Toll Troll. "Lady's move first." He tipped his hat to her, chuckling. Efa had a serious look on her face, but she said nothing for a time. Benny wasn't sure if she would ever speak, but he couldn't believe she was nervous about battling this guy after beating Brock. Rillo jumped off Benny's shoulder and darted up a tree. Guess she wants a better view.

"Go, Zen! Use Wake-Up Slap!" shouted Efa. Zen was in Stantler's face within a split second, giving the Pokemon a few good whacks to its face. It groaned in annoyance and pain, but the Toll Troll shouted out a move and the Stantler reared on its hind legs. It gave Zen a good headbutt and flung her into the stream over the bridge.

"Har! Ironic you call her Zen since I just used Zen Headbutt on the little lady," said the Toll Troll. He was laughing boisterously and grabbing his belly. Efa turned bright red as Zen stumbled up the bank and back to the bridge.

"Don't take that from him, my sweet Zen," said Efa. "Give Stantler a good Meteor Mash!" Zen nodded, jumped high in the air, then punched the Stantler hard in the nose. It wailed and collapsed on the bridge, clearly knocked out. The Toll Troll wasn't laughing any longer. His smile was gone as well.

Spr_2g_035.png
Spr_2g_025.png

"And here I thought we were gonna have us a nice battle," he said. He snapped his finger and Pikachu darted out from behind him, sending a bolt of thunder to zap Zen. Benny gasped. Zen was still wet from the stream and what normally would have been a tiny jolt turned out to be much more dangerous. She cried out in pain, flung back hard, and laid motionless. A knockout... Benny looked at Efa. She had tears in her eyes. Suddenly Rillo howled loudly, jumping high from the tree.

Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_025.png

"Rillo, use Fling!" shouted Benny. Rillo had pinecones held in her tail and began throwing them with speed at Pikachu. They all connected, but Rillo was still floating down through the air. "Now, Power-Up Punch!" Rillo brought back her tail, then slammed it hard into Pikachu's body as she hit the ground. The punch was a bit more effective than Benny had thought, but it seemed Rillo was quite unhappy with how Zen had been treated. The punch cracked the wooden bridge and Pikachu sunk through the broken wood boards and into the stream.

"Quick Attack now!" shouted the Toll Troll. Pikachu sprung up and smacked right into Rillo, as both Pokemon flew over the railing of the bridge and back down into the stream. "Finish the little monkey with a good Thunder Punch!" The Pikachu charged up and smacked Rillo in the face with an electrified punch. Just like Zen, Rillo was wet and the punch did far worse damage than it would have dry. Rillo shook from the electricity, then fell face-first into the water. Benny jumped over the railing and splashed through the stream to scoop her up. She wasn't knocked out, but he didn't want her to keep fighting. "You did great, sweet pea," he whispered to her.

When he climbed back up, Squirt was on the offense.

Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_025.png

"Skull Bash," shouted Efa. Squirt ran right at the Pikachu, but the Toll Troll yelled out in response, "Give it a good ol' Thunder Wave, Pique!" The Pikachu sent a wave of electricity at Squirt, who instantly fell flat on his face. He lifted himself, but one arm and one stubby little leg were immobile. Efa said, "Squirt, use Withdraw!"

Squirt tucked himself into his shell as Pikachu sent bolts of lightning at him. The shell seemed to be protecting Squirt, but the Pikachu was charging up for a big finale. Benny whispered to Efa, "We can't beat this guy. Let's just concede and get out of here. We're going to have to go back to Pewter and h-"

Efa interrupted him and shouted, "Now, Squirt! Bite!" Squirt jumped out of his shell and chomped down on Pikachu's ear. It squealed and tried to shake off Squirt, but he was latched on. The Toll Troll wasn't looking very cheerful anymore and Benny was ready to hightail it out of there. Not only had they done damage to his bridge, but they had upset him somehow and that wasn't a good sign.

"Finish the turtle soup up with a Discharge," said the Toll Troll calmly. Pikachu radiated with energy, then shot all the charged electricity from its cheeks directly into Squirt, who was still latched on. He recoiled into his shell before passing out. It was over. They had lost. They stood quietly for awhile, Efa silently crying, while Benny shook with rage and held her close to hide her tears.

He looked up at the Toll Troll, who simply stood there and smiled.

HikerGSCsprite.png

Ω I II III IV V

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Zakk Steuermann ¦ Chapter 1 ¦ Awakening

Current team:
371.png

A crash of metal tools sounded through the room. The noise of someone apologising furiously followed. Zakk opened his eyes wearily, and blinked several times. All that could be seen was the white of the ceiling above him. He laid there for a few moments trying in vain to figure out where he was but in the end Zakk decided to sit up. The room was blurry, but he could just make out the door and television on the opposite wall. Next to the bed Zakk was laid in resided a small glass bed-side table. The room itself had beige walls with a red and white Pokéball pattern running across the middle. The floor was comprised of beige tiles, and the door was made of rippled glass lined with dark oak. There was a green bookshelf in the corner of the room, with only three books actually on it. The bed sheets were a sky blue, and the gown Zakk found himself lying in were a similar colour.

The door opened, and a Nurse Joy in a pink dress and white apron walked in. She wore a white nursing hat with a red cross on it on her head. She carried a clipboard, and behind her trailed a Chansey, an egg-shaped Pokémon that pushed a trolley of medical supplies along. Nurse Joy walked over to Zakk and was surprised to find him looking back at her.

"Oh good, you're finally awake! You've been unconscious for about two days now, since you stumbled into Pewter City." Said the Nurse Joy. Zakk's mind suddenly raced, now knowing that he was nowhere near home, >>So that's where I am! Well, that's the name of where I am anyway...<< though he did not quite know whereabouts he actually was. The Nurse Joy asked, "How are you feeling?" Zakk didn't quite know. His head hurt a bit, and he presumed he must have hit it hard when he felt a wide scab on the side of his head, just above his left ear. The rest of him felt like... Normal? Zakk couldn't say, He didn't really remember much at all, save for a few old memories he had of home - his mother, sister and- Bagon!

"Where's Bagon?!" Zakk cried out, and subsequently started choking - his throat was incredibly dry. The Nurse Joy was slightly taken aback, but she quickly turned around a picked a Pokéball off of the trolley. She turned back to Zakk and handed it to him carefully. He rubbed the surface, and looked at the top, red half of the Pokéball searching for a scratch near the top. How Zakk knew this would mean it was his Bagon's Pokéball he had no idea, but it was there and he exhaled with relief. He He pointed the button of the Pokéball to the side of his bed and whispered "Out you come buddy." A beam of red shot from the Pokéball and quickly materialised into a green Bagon. The Bagon yawned and stretched its stubby arms as high as it could. As soon as it noticed Zakk it jumped onto the bed and hugged him fiercely, bashing Zakk's head with his own several times. Zakk chuckled and rubbed the happy Pokémon's head.

Zakk pickked Bagon off himself gently, and stood up. He was tall, and was easily a head higher than the Nurse Joy, but he wasn't imposing. The Nurse Joy quickly turned around and pulled a poultice from the trolley.
"Here, if you put this on the side of your head, it'll keep the scab moisturised, to prevent it from cracking and splitting open again." Zakk thanked the Nurse Joy, who then motioned to his clothes, which were clean and neatly folded on a stool at the end of the bed. The Chansey walked up to Bagon and handed him a soft-boiled egg. The Bagon smiled and cried a happy little roar. The Nurse Joy and Chansey then left, leaving Zakk to dress. There was a mirror on the wall furthest from the door, and Zakk was happy that the glass wasn't see-through, as he slipped off the itchy Pokémon Centre gown. He slipped on his glasses, which had sat on the bed-side table and then stood facing the mirror and observed himself closely. Tall, shapely, and a little on the reserved side, Zakk was embarrassed at looking at himself like this. He stood for a moment longer, before picking up his clothes and dressing. Fully dressed, he wore a grey shirt tucked into dark blue jeans with a brown belt which sported a black buckle. Over the shirt he wore a long heavy black coat, and on his feet he had a pair of black sturdy boots. His shaggy long brown hair and emerald eyes gave him a more friendly appearance, and his heavy brow only supported this. He was pale in skin tone, evidence of his foreign origin, and his ruby lips only highlight this further.

He finished lacing the second boot, and stood up tall. He picked up the empty Pokéball and pressed the grey button on the front, shrinking it to a tiny version of itself and slipped into one of the six Pokéball slots on his belt. He opened the door with Bagon trailing behind him and entered the main Pokémon Centre. There were several people in the Centre, tending their wounded Pokémon, or chatting to relatives on one of the PCs located around the edges of the main lobby. Several Chansey could also be seen wobbling around carrying various pieces of medical equipment or trays of Pokéballs. Zakk wondered if he needed to speak to someone now. Everything was new to him, and he didn't recognise any faces here. The accents people talked with were different from Rustboro too. Zakk wasn't left wondering long, as soon a Nurse Joy bustled up to him, looking a little fazed.

"Well, you're certainly fit to move around it seems! You're unusual, you heal amazingly fast, almost like a Pokémon." The said, offhand. This unsettled Zakk, and he was unsure how to respond. But he didn't have to, the Nurse Joy carried right on. "Anyway, your Bagon was in a very bad way, as were you, when we found you both. Your Bagon looked very mistreated, and you had many cuts and bruises, most of which have healed completely now." This made Zakk even more confused. >>Why would Bagon have been mistreated? And why was I cut up and bruised?<< He made to interrupt, but the Nurse Joy wanted to finish what she was saying first. "I don't know what happened to you, and it's not my job to inquire - after all I have a lot of work on my hands at the moment! We were informed however, by a passer-by that you were abandoned at the edge of the city by a cloaked figure in a black van, who subsequently disappeared. Our Officer Jenny is inquiring into the case so you should speak to her when you have a moment! Now then, lastly, your Bagon was found to have a strange virus we have taken to calling Pokérus, short for Pokémon Virus. It's not harmful as far as we know - it actually can make your Pokémon grow quicker! The strain is weak, and should pass soon. If you notice anything strange about the behaviour or condition of your Bagon, please let us know! We know very little about this virus, and any change could be dangerous. You look well enough to leave, if a little pale, so is there anything else you need?" Zakk looked at this Nurse for a minute, mulling over everything she had just said, trying to take it all in. Finally, he settled on a course of action.

"Could I possibly get a map of the area, and the region I'm in? And do you have an old rucksack I could save from being thrown out?" Zakk asked politely. The Nurse Joy nodded and gladly fetched the few things Zakk had asked for. She returned quickly with a Town Map and rucksack that looked brand new, and study too, despite Zakk only having asked for an old one. Nurse Joy pointed out Pewter City to Zakk, his current location and labelled a few surrounding areas he should visit and familiarise himself with. Finally the Nurse Joy bid Zakk farewell, and left him and Bagon to start their new adventure.

Zakk stepped outside the Pokémon Centre and breathed in deeply, the fresh air cooling and refreshing his body. The Pokémon Centre stood at the junction to three streets, all filled with houses, and there was a park at the end of the street to Zakk's left. That same street split off north towards the shopping centre and Pokémart. Beyond that were more houses, the Pewter City Museum of Science and the path to the Pokémon Gym. Zakk looked for the Police Station on the map, and found it was next to the shopping centre, so Zakk decided to head there first.
"Come along Bagon, let's go eh?" He said, smiling at the small Dragon type. Bagon let a small roar of pleasure and skipped alongside Zakk. Together, they took the first steps into a bigger mystery than either of them could ever have predicted!​

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023

trainercard-Gabrielle_zpsi2jyuvmn.png

A Rocky Start​

Viridian Forest -> Pewter City

"Je ne pas apprécie les forêts." Gabrielle mumbled to herself, practically dead on her feet as she trudged forward through the forest, the scowl on the girl's face a complete contrast to the happy smile on the Chansey skipping along beside her. "Non, je déteste les forêts!"

Some clarification is needed to understand Gabrielle's predicament. You see, the poor girl is currently on her way to Pewter City. She went to the Regional Professor's lab to update her Pokedex and allow her to compete in Kanto's Pokemon League. After that, she went north to Viridian City to hopefully challenge the city's Gym Leader, but was instead redirected further north to Pewter City.

Not one to let a slight detour from shaking her resolve, she entered the Viridian Forest, the only obstacle between her and the next Gym Badge (Well, there's also the Gym Leader, but that's a given.)

So, what's her problem? Well...

"I can't believe I've been in this forest for five days! The forest can't possibly be that big!" Apparently it was. That, or Gabrielle just has a poor sense of direction.

It's actually the latter, but the girl hopes that it's the former.

"Chansey!" Her companion cried, patting her on the back in an effort to comfort her trainer. The auburn-haired Pâtissière sighed, plopping down at the foot of a tree and laying her back against it. The Chansey dropped the backpack on the ground next to her, shaking the tree as it did so.

A weight on her shoulder caused Gabrielle to turn to her side, seeing a green caterpillar Pokemon wiggling to stand right-way up. It must have fallen when the backpack hit the tree.

"Aww, how cute." The girl cooed, picking up the Caterpie gently with her right hand and placing it on her lap. She reached into her satchel to grab something from one of its pockets, alarming the Bug-Type pokemon. The Pâtissière giggled as the bemused pokemon tried to squirm out of her grip, but she put a quick stop to that. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Here."

The Pâtissière handed the Wild Pokemon a sweet-smelling cube she retrieved from one of her cases, urging the Caterpie to try it.

Ever cautious of humans, the Wild Pokemon sniffed at it, trying to determine whether or not to trust the girl. After some time, the Caterpie finally took a cautious bite of the cube. As soon as it did, its eyes sparkled, and Gabrielle had to pull back her hand or risk getting her finger bitten by the over eager Pokemon.

"Ahaha, I'm glad you liked it." Gabrielle smiled, picking up the Caterpie and reaching up to place it on a branch. "I've got to go now, I'm sorry I bothered you."

The Chansey picked up the backpack and caught up to the girl, who already walked a good distance away from the tree she was resting on.

"Well, I'm all charged up now." She told her Chansey. "And look! La sortie!"

The Pâtissière pointed forward, seeing a break in the trees and a path to the city ahead. Finally finding the exit, she ran forward, relieved to finally see civilization after her ordeal.

A day's walk, huh? Yeah right.

Finally stepping foot in Pewter City, she did the first thing any self-respecting Pâtissière would do when they reach the city.

"To the Cafe!" She said, about to dash away to a restaurant, when her Chansey blocked her way, its mouth slanted into a frown as it pointed to the Pokemon Center. "Oh, right. Sorry about that. Let's go to the Pokemon Center first to get you and Sweet checked out."​

"I can't believe this, for a Major City, especially one that features a Gym, why don't they have any good restaurants or pâtisserie here... especially since it's a tourist attraction with the Museum of Science in this city." Gabrielle complained. "Ah, well. I didn't find the Museum that good anyway. The one in Altomare was so much better, but that may be me being bias, as I haven't seen an Omanyte fossil before... And they do sell quite the variety of fruits and vegetables here. I guess without any good restaurants, the merchants around here make quite a profit by selling their goods to the residents. But still, the potential lost..."

She stopped walking, finding herself back in front of the Pokemon Center. There were still a few Stalls here and there selling their goods, and she just had an idea.

"If they won't take advantage of it, then I will."

An hour later, saw Gabrielle in her Pâtissière Uniform, a stand open in the road, herself baking a couple of Rock Cakes of her own creation. While a new batch was cooking in the oven, she juggled five finished Rock Cakes to attract attention, and soon enough a crowd began forming in front of her stall.

A Hiker was the first to inquire "'cuse me. Whattare ya selling?"

"Rock Cakes, monsieur. Ici, vous avez des gâteau plus originaux : these ones are made with Passho Berries while those over there are baked from Roseli Berries." Gabrielle smiled, gesturing to a row of Rock cakes separated by the slight changes of their color.

"I've never heard of any of those Berries before, lass." The Hiker said, an eyebrow raised. "Are you sure you aren't tricking any of us."

Gabrielle huffed. The Hiker just insulted her, calling her false and belittling everything she worked so hard for. She shook her head, he didn't mean to make it sound that way. "Vous peux gouter."

At the blank look given to her by the Hiker, she mentally slapped herself. She'd been speaking in Kalosian again. Bianca and Lorenzo were able to beat that out of her when she played with them, but now that they aren't around it seems like she's slipping back into old habits. She should do something about that soon.

"I'm sorry. I said, you may taste." Gabrielle translated. "The Berries I used are very rarely found in the nearby regions, I grew them myself. I think you can find the Passho around Sinnoh, but Roseli is only found in my birthplace."

As soon as the Hiker bit into one of the Rock Cakes, his eyes unfocused and swayed in his position. Gabrielle herself is watching what the reaction of the man would be, as this is the first time she actually let someone she wasn't close to taste her creations. The other customers backed of warily, ready to run away should the big man collapse, but instead they were greeted by the Man hopping up and grabbing Gabrielle's hands, much to her surprise (and Euphy the Chansey's ire, as the Rock Cakes her trainer was juggling all bopped her in the head.)

"You made all this, lass? It's delicious!" The Hiker nearly shouted into her face. Gabrielle, unused to the treatment. But inside she was ecstatic, she made her customer smile! She's a step closer to her dream.

"Th-thank you." She said. But she didn't have time to enjoy the feeling, as soon she was swarmed by the other interested people.

The next hour passed by in a blur, with her having to make more than she expected as more people bought her cakes once they tasted it. Soon, the rush was over, and she was packing her tools. She returned the stall to the kind owner whom she borrowed it from, giving the old man a batch of her Oran Rock Cakes.

She bowed at him, already in her normal clothes, and headed to the Pokemart, planing on stocking up on her supplies before she tries to challenge the Gym Leader. If she remembered right, it was Brock, who specialized in Rock-Types. Maybe she should have captured a Grass type? She's sure she saw a Roselia in Viridian Forest.

She's not planning on going back there without help though, or else she might get lost again.

Gabrielle sighed, hefting her basket of unsold Rock Cakes. She supposed that she could eat them, as Rock Cakes can be used as Rations on the road. But most that are left are made from Nomel and Rowap berries, which are both spicy and sour, both things she didn't really like.

She can't really imagine any human liking a Spicy-Sour Rock Cake, but Rock Cakes are easy to make, and she thought that she should try to expand on her knowledge of Spicy foods. But she didn't really want to throw these away, that's just wrong.

Maybe she could give it away to a Pokemon? That makes sense... But what type likes Spicy and Sour again? Well, there's the Swellow family, the Swablu line... Oh, wait! Dragons! Yeah, most Dragon Types love Spicy foods. But where can she-

A flash of green caught her eye.

Was that Bagon green? Yes, yes it was. She patted her Chansey, the Egg pokemon turning to her. She pointed at the Bagon and its trainer and to the basket in her hand. The Chansey shrugged, not really caring if they approached the duo or not.

"Excusez-moi, Monsieur!" She said, before realizing she'd been speaking in Kalosian again. She ran forward, trying to catch the boy's attention. "Er, excuse me sir!"

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Weirdest battle yet!

Delta
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Guest stars:
Jordan Kaleel Jr.
Spoiler:
Gelius Emerald
Spoiler:

Delta nearly collapsed as they burst out of mount moon. Fresh air! Come on out guys! Delta hollered releasing his three Pokémon in a flash of red light. The Pokémon materialized and all started cheering with Delta. You can even see Cerulean from here!
---
"Everyone come out!" Leaf, Sludges and Bubbles came out. Bubbles and Sludges get really happy for being near home, that they start to run. He and Leaf started to run after them that they tripped and started rolling down the hill. Half way down, they crashed with Bubbles, making the poor Poliwhirl rolling down the hill. Sludges starts laughing at the ones who rolled down the hill.

Then Gelius opens his eyes and hears a familiar voice.

"Big Brother! Hey big sis! Gelius arrived!" Joey and his Heracross that his dad gave him, help Gelius to get up. "So i have a question to ask you. Have you seen a- Oh there it is!" Joey pointed to the pokemon. It was a Linoone. "I am competing with with Gary Clark to see who is a better trainer but i am losing against him."

"Wait you said Gary Clark?" Gelius asks.

A feminine figure came in. Was Gelius' half sister that had the same age as him, Laura. "Gelius! I thought you would take 2 weeks in Pewter... But you left 4 days ago and you are back?" She said. "We are the not who were seeing if you came. Wait a minute... Is that the Linoone that was causing so much trouble?" Laura asked.

"Yeah." Joey said.

"Out of our way!" Said a very familiar voice. Gary Clark. And he was with Larry now. Larry brings out his Machoke. Sometimes, Gelius thinks that Larry is dumb, because Gelius had already defeated him plenty of times. But Larry is pushed by another known figure. It was...

"So buddy! How are ya? You took a lot of time!" Gavin said. Gavin was Gelius' best friend.

"Gavin!" Gelius greets him with a "bro-fist". "So are you doing well?"

"OH NO! Linoone is gone!" Gelius, Gavin, Laura and Larry look astonished by Joey's words. Gary Clark was mad.

"You gotta be kidding me! Gelius lets settle this later. I have a pokemon to catch... Larry lets go!" Larry leaves with Gary Clark. No way that Gelius would leave Gary Clark to get away with Linoone.

"Gavin i know you are my best friend but this Linoone is mine. See you later!" Gelius says, leaving behind Joey, Laura and Gavin. "Hey Delta come on!" He shouted.
---
Delta tilted his head to the side and swore under his breath. How the hell was he going to remember so many names?! Either way it seems the kids had been talking about a Linoone, an interesting Pokémon that would sometimes find lost items for it's trainer.
Uh... hello? Did you guys say something about a Linoone causing trouble? Delta asked.
---
"Yeah! The Linoone is causing troubles like stealing items. Like when Gelius had caught his Grimer." Gavin answers it, shouting. Gavin leaves to look for Linoone. Joey and Laura team up and leave.

"Hey where is Mark?" Gelius asks.
---
Delta looked towards the group absent mindedly. He didn't care about a thieving Linoone, he wanted to get the Cascade badge... but he couldn't let the thing continue to cause mayhem. Goodguy Delta here to save the... Delta began, before being blasted with a stream of water. "Slooow" The Pokémon giggled. Beside it laughed a ferocious looking Ekans and a wild Linoone... The three Pokémon leaped into the river (Linoone and Ekans riding Slowpoke) and began floating away. Come back here! Delta screamed leaping into the water after them.
---
Gelius was now with a Poker face. "What the f*** is happening?"

The 3 pokemon were laughing from Gelius and his team.

"Get back here!" But they were going faster than Gelius thought. "We will get you!"
---
What greeted Jordan was a scene of utter chaos. There were two people on the route, and they were chasing what seems to be an Ekans and a Linoone riding on a Slowpoke's back. One of the people, the dirty blonde guy, leaped after the Pokemon.

"What's happening out here?" Jordan shouted, running towards the pair. Zub was closely following behind, screeching every now and then.
---
Delta had been swimming towards the Slowpoke for a few minutes, luckily for him a childhood on the beach thought one how to swim remarkably well. "Slooow." The Pokémon replied sending a wave of water towards the boy. Oh Shi... Delta whined as the wave crashed into him. Quick thinking had enabled him to latch onto the Slowpoke tail, washing them all ashore, less than twenty feet from the others. Why do I always have to be the bloody hero? Delta whined as a stood up, his expensive designer clothes now dirty, torn, and soaked. Suddenly the wild Pokémon all barred their fangs and attacked.
---
The dirty-blonde guy was washed ashore as the Slowpoke sent a huge wave of water towards him. Jordan started running towards the guy but it seemed he managed to grab hold of the Slowpoke's tail before being carried away into the shore. Without warning, the three Pokemon started to attack the guy.

"Hey, stop that! Zub! Supersonic!" The Zubat blindly screeched out the attack, which made Jordan cringe and cover his ears. It was enough to confuse the three Pokemon as they stopped in their tracks. However, it was only a distraction. The Ekans was the one who spotted Jordan first and started to slither its way towards Jordan, fangs bared. "Zub, Leech Life!" Zub managed to close its way towards the Ekans and plant its fangs on the Pokemon. However, Ekans as far more stronger than Zubat, as he wrapped his elongated body on Jordan's Pokemon. "Zub, no!"
---
Hope, Get over here and help out by using discharge! Delta coughed as he checked on water. The Slowpoke continued to blast him with water whilst the Linoone kept knocking him down with a quick attack. Delta was about to thank the trainer who had distracted the Ekans when Hope leaped into view. "Shiinx!" The blue feline Pokémon growled releasing a burst of electricity that zapped everything in the area, friend and foe alike.
---
Gelius was mad like a Tauros with those 3 prankster pokemon. He would not forgive that so he ran on the right edge of the river and ran for his life. Behind him was Leaf and behind Leaf was Bubbles. Sludges was on the pokeball.

"Bubbles use Bubblebeam, Leaf use Razor Leaf!" Gelius shouted. The pokemon obeyed him, but Linoone evaded jumping to a rock on the middle of the water. Then he starts moving around, jumping rock to rock. He wasn't going to stop. "S*** this will be harder than when i caught Leaf!"
---
Jordan looked around and saw that the other people have engaged each of the three Pokemon already. However, he was reminded to always keep his eyes on his own as Zub echoed another screech. The Ekans, however, would not let go. It continued twisting the poor Zubat. "Zub! Leech Life!" The Zubat clamped down her tiny teeth onto the Ekans and started sucking. The Ekans hissed as it released the Zubat. Jordan's Pokemon promptly flapped its wings away from the Zubat. The Ekans hissed once more and coiled itself. It propelled its body upwards but Zubat was ready. It evaded the attack and bit down hard on the Ekans.

However, instead of sucking, the Zubat simply held on.

Zub learned Bite! "Hey, Zubat! That's nice!"
---
Hope's attack sent out an electrified pulse, shocking all in its path. Aiiiii!... good job Hope! Delta cried, his hair sticking straight up. The Slowpoke however, while sustaining a direct hit by an electric type attack, was still standing. "Slooooow...." The Pokémon yawned causing Hope to follow suit. Come on hope! Lets finish this with a charged discharge! Delta cried. Hope closed its eyes and began to charge up power, however in the middle of the attack she fell asleep.

Oh Shi...
---
Gelius was trying to figure a way to hit Linoone. Linoone was moving so fast that Gelius was getting dizzy. Then Linoone hits Gelius, and makes fun of him.

Bubbles and Leaf look at their trainer, that probably was fainted due Dizziness and due the hit. Leaf tries to do Razor Leaf while Bubbles jumps to the water to get near Linoone. While Leaf failed again, Bubbles was having success. Only thing that the poor Nuzleaf could do was trying to wake up his trainer. He he started his process, by calling Sludges to help.
---
One of the guys was calling on his Pokemon for help, while the other, Jordan couldn't really see clearly. None of the two other people were doing particularly great. But who am I to speak? Despite having learned a new move, Zubat is still in the process of understanding how its fangs work, being so young and all. The Ekans wrapped around the bat again, as Zubat desperately tried to escape. Its fangs were still attached to the Ekans. It was only a matter of endurance and Jordan feared the worst, since Zubat is still immature.

"Zub! Let go and Supersonic!" The Zubat opened its fangs and emitted a shrill cry that could be heard all over the place. The Ekans, in its confusion, uncoiled itself and Zub flew away. However, the Supersonic seemed to be too effective as Ekans coiled itself into a ball. It hissed as it tighten its elongated body around itself more. Jordan could feel pity for the Pokemon. "Zubat! Bite!" This time, the Zubat aimed for the tail, away from Ekan's head so that it couldn't snap at it. The Ekans hissed in pain but it was cut short as Jordan threw a Pokeball at it.
---
Delta saw the flash of light as Jordan attempted to catch the Ekans. Suddenly he felt himself recall Hope and watched as Riley leaped into battle. Shadow ball!Delta ordered, watching the Slowpoke. The glob of darkness smashed into the Slowpoke and Delta watched as it struggled to get back on its feet. Go Pokéball! Delta ordered. The ball struck the Pokémon and shook...
---
As Sludges made an horrible stench, Gelius woke up.

"Ewwwww Sludges... Just stop doing stench and do Sludge Bomb..." Gelius said as he was getting sick of that stench. Sludges shoots little sludge balls to hit Linoone. Linoone is thrown to the other side. Bubbles appears and does a Body Slam, hitting Linoone. Gelius knew this was the perfect time. He threw a pokeball.
---

Last edited:
Years
8RsK8Hk.png
Tasman Bailey and Lilliana
Rescue Mission Part 2: Operation Dalair
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

"Are you alright? They didn't hurt you did they." Lilliana sniffled wiping at her eyes as she looked up to see a boy who looked to be a few years older than her with a Shinx hiding against his leg and a Buizel and Pidgey standing near him.

Looking down at her arms Lilliana spotted a few light scratches and one deeper cut. "I got a little bit cut up. Thank you for saving me, I hate to ask more of you but please you have to help me find my Pokemon. Two of the Zubat flew off with them when I was knocked against the wall."

"They what?" Tasman said his mouth dropping open, not once had he ever heard of a Zubat carrying off a trainer's pokemon before. Regaining his composure Tasman continued "I'll gladly help, these Zubat are interesting. Just lead the way." Tasman gestured at the girl.

"Oh yeah" Tasman said suddenly "You should probably wash those cuts out and bandage them up as soon as you can. I'm Tasman, what's your name?"

"Thank, you I'll take care of that once we find my Pokemon. One of them is pretty protective and she'll want to clean the cuts for me" Lilliana smiled gratefully at Tasman, "my names Lilliana and again thank you" she looked in the direction the two Zubat had flown.

"They went this way" she pointed down the path of the cave. "My pokemon are a Marill and a Vulpix"

Tasman headed off down the direction that Lilliana had indicated, his pokemon following along - which was good because Dalair's tail was one of the only reasons they could see anything following the dark path.
"I can hear them" Tasman said after a while, and indeed he could. The faint sound of hundreds of wings beating echoed faintly from the dark depths of the caves, far beyond the glow of Dalair's light.

The pair of trainers continued to walk through Mount Moon, following the sound as it grew louder and louder. Stopping at a small crack-like opening on the side of the cave. Tasman peered through and was surprised when faint rays of sunlight flickered down. Then he gasped. An enormous cavern was before him, the sunlight falling in through tiny holes that Tasman assumed were made by falling meteorites. Inside the cave was a veritable army of zubat, it seemed as though hundreds upon hundreds of them were flying about in the room. Amongst them were a few larger bat-like pokemon, Golbat. In the very center of the room a Vulpix and Marill stood, being constantly lunged at by the flying pokemon.
This is very bad... what can I do?

"Lilliana, you can look but I need you to stay calm. I think I have an idea, so you can't let them know we're here yet."

Lilliana almost moved forward as soon as she saw her poor pokemon. "what's your idea Tasman?" she asked in a whisper shaking slightly as she saw the Zubat and Golbat. Because of her attack she had developed a fear of the pokemon. In her fear she stepped slightly closer to the older boy.
Just hang in there Aria, Alex

When Lilliana stepped closer to Tasman he felt a sudden protectiveness of her, she reminded him of his sister in some weird way (albeit a few years older).
"Well, at a guess Zubat and Golbat aren't going to be fond of the idea of being electrocuted due to their typing. Right now Dalair's only electric move is Charge, but I figure if he uses Charge it will look like he can do electric attacks and it might make them stay away for a bit. Whilst they are scared your pokemon can run to us through this gap and once Dalair and they are through again we can cave in the hole before too many Zubat or Golbat get through. What do you think?"

Dalair whined at Tasman's plan and backed into a corner, a look of absolute terror on his face.
"Come on Dalair, we'll be right here to protect you if you need it and Lilliana's pokemon can help too. It will be fine." Dalair seemed to relax slightly, but he still seemed reluctant. Tasman didn't like the idea of forcing Dalair to do anything, and he wasn't nearly as sure of his plan as he was pretending, but he was certain it was better than just blindly rushing in.

Lilliana looked at Tasman and thought about what he had planned That could hurt Aria though she thought before realizing that Tasman said that Dalair's only electric move was Charge.

"T..That might work." Lilliana stuttered softly still deeply afraid of the flying bat Pokemon. "If the plan fails we can try to defeat them together. I tried to get my Pokemon to attack them but was attacked myself before I could call out."

It took a bit more coaxing, but eventually Dalair was slowly padding his way into the midst of the activity in the chamber. At first the swarm of Zubat and Golbat didn't respond to the little electric-typed pokemon as he moved closer to Lilliana's captive pokemon. Then suddenly the noise level sharply increased as the territorial bats begun to rage and screech at the intruder. They begun diving closer and closer to Dalair, trying to scare the shaking Shinx off but not actually daring to hit him already weary of his typing. Dalair waited a few more moments before swallowing his fear and starting to use Charge - electricity sparking across his body as he cautiously moved over to the Maril and Vulpix. The Zubat and Golbat continued to swoop at Dalair, but were keeping even further away now that he was crackling with electricity. Dalair indicated that Lilliana's pokemon should follow him along and the trio began to make their way back towards Tasman, Gati, Majesta and Lilliana.

Aria and Alex looked to the Pokemon in front of them then looked to where they were heading to see their trainer standing next to an older boy with cuts and scratches on her arms and legs. Seeing this the Maril moved faster rushing by the shinx to get to her trainer while the Vulpix turned towards the Zubat and Golbat. Seeing this gave Lilliana an idea.

"Alex use Will-O-Wisp!" she cried out from her spot slightly behind Tasman. She watched as her Vulpix stood his ground and opened his mouth firing a powerful ball of blue fire at the Zubat and Golbat some of the attack hitting the wall behind them.

Tasman opened his mouth and then promptly close it, he was about as sure of what to say as he was of Lilliana's reasoning for launching the attack. The Zubat and Golbat screeched with fury and begun swarming towards the thrip of pokemon. Dalair cried out with fear and begun sprinting towards Tasman and Lilliana, Aria and Alex close behind and behind them the furious horde of bat pokemon streaking towards them. The trainers pokemon narrowly made it through the gap when Tasman called on Gati and Majesta to seal the opening
"Gati, use Power-Up Punch! Majesta, Air Slash!" Gati begun punching the wall as Majesta's attack caused the rock to crack and fall. A cloud of dust rose up and a loud tumbling and crunching noise arose in the cave, eventually clearing to reveal a pile of tightly packed rubble blocking the way between caverns. The Zubat and Golbat could still be heard rampaging through the makeshift wall.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - VI
Route Three

Benny's Team
Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_131.png

Efa's Team
Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_035.png

The Toll Troll returned his three Pokemon to their balls. He walked over to Squirt and bent down, pulling out a spray. Squirt popped out of his shell, wobbled slightly, then looked up at the large man. He sprayed the bottle on Squirt and after a few seconds, Squirt looked completely healed. The Toll Troll patted Squirt on the head, then walked over to Rillo, who was barely conscious in Benny's right arm. He sprayed her with the bottle and she shook her head, opening her eyes fully.

"You two aren't half bad," said the Toll Troll. He bent over to spray Zen as well, who hopped up quickly after being hit with the mist. "Not bad at all for attempting to beat a former Champion." Benny was taken aback. The man had lied to them.

"You said..." he began. Efa had stopped crying and was looking angrily at the man.

"Har! I say a lot of things, boy," said the Toll Troll, clutching his gut as he chuckled. "The fact a' the matter is I'm a world famous Champion. I hail from Kalos, but I certainly didn't lie. I got a few badges from Kanto. Could've went even further, but I decided to retire when I stumbled upon this grove. Felt like the beauty was unmatched and why would I leave it for glory I already had? Though many call me Champion Maple, my friends know me by my full name, Norway Maple."

"Uh," Benny was slightly taken aback, "I'm Benny. This is Efa." Efa was wiping her tears away, bending down to hug Squirt and Zen, who looked much better and were smiling at her. Rillo was back on Benny's shoulder, still a bit woozy. Norway was looking at the two as the stream moved below them. Despite the rush of energy Benny had just been in, the sounds of this peaceful place had calmed him back down. It was no wonder Norway chose to live here.

"Follow me, kids. It's getting dark," said Norway, turning and moving back across the bridge. Benny and Efa looked at each other. Benny shrugged and began following, Efa grabbing his arm as he went to keep pace. Zen and Squirt jumped up and snuggled back into their backpacks, as Rillo scurried about making sure they wouldn't fall out.

After almost twenty minutes, they saw smoke in the distance. Norway was a few paces ahead of them, moving quite fast for such a large man. Their battle must have lasted much longer than expected because the sun was already dipping behind the giant peak of Mount Moon. They rounded a bend of trees and suddenly a massive cabin bloomed into view. The lights were on and almost two dozen Pokemon were moving about the area. Norway greeted them all with a booming, "Hello, friends!" before stopping at a wooden fence that looked homemade.

He let Stantler, Pikachu, and Nidoqueen out of their Pokeballs and the three rushed off to join the other Pokemon. Norway turned to Benny and Efa and said, "Welcome to Norway's! Har!"

After entering the beautiful cabin and being treated to a warm plate of sausages and beans, Benny and Efa rested by the fireplace as Norway handed them each a cup of hot cocoa. He sat down in a massive armchair, kicked off his boots, and sipped his cup of coffee. He had spent the last hour telling them of his journeys in Kalos and all of the wonderful Pokemon he had met. They had met a few of them, including a Froakie and a few other strange Pokemon Benny had never seen. Zen had spent the entire time enjoying the company of a family of her own kind. Efa was looking at the window where the three sat, but began drifting to sleep.

Spr_2s_036.png
Spr_2g_035.png
Spr_2g_173.png

Benny smiled at Rillo, who sat close to the fire with Squirt. Both had been given huge plates of PokeFood and looked a bit too full. Norway had his eyes shut and was enjoying the crackle of the wood. Benny got up and looked outside at the yard full of restful Pokemon. He was amazed at all the different kinds Norway had managed to capture. So many from the other regions and yet many were from close to home. There was a whole flock of Pidgeys led by a Pidgeot resting in an apple tree, a little pond where a Staryu and the Froakie floated, and even a - "AHH!!"

Benny shouted and fell backwards, spilling hot cocoa all over himself. A giant Ursaring had stuck its head against the window and made Benny jump in terror.

Spr_2s_217.png

Norway bolted up, as did every Pokemon in the room. Efa leapt up as well, shattering her cup, which had luckily been drained of cocoa. The Ursaring ran off and Norway began laughing heartily. "Now, boy, that there's the loudest scream I ever did hear. Har!"

Benny was absolutely mortified. Not only had he scared half the grove to death, but he had looked like a fool in front of Efa and Norway. He asked for the washroom and quickly went in to change his shirt, which was covered in brown liquid and marshmallows. He washed his face and then went back out. Efa giggled at him as he sat down feeling his face turn bright red. Norway was snoring in his big chair, a Meowth, a Slyveon, and a Lillipup snuggled up with him. He had offered them a place to stay for the night, which they appreciated.

Benny looked into the fire for a short while as Efa sipped on a second helping of cocoa. He was quite content. He looked over at Rillo, Squirt, and Zen who were all fast asleep by now. The fire was beginning to die down and the crackles were making Benny's eyes very heavy. He closed them for a brief moment and before long realized he had dozed off. When he re-opened them, it was dark. The fire was barely embers and Norway's snores were the only sound in the cabin. The sounds of Pokemon outside were quiet and peaceful. Benny couldn't blame Norway for never leaving this spot.

Benny suddenly realized Efa's head was on his shoulder. She was fast asleep and she had gotten much closer than when he had sat back down earlier. He felt butterflies in his stomach. Her hair smelled like lilac flowers freshly blooming in spring. He closed his eyes again.

He wasn't sure he wanted to leave this spot either.

Ω I II III IV V VI

Years
8RsK8Hk.png
Tasman Bailey
Luck both Good and Bad
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

Tasman walked through the dark cave towards the faint light shining through the exit. It had been a little while since he had split up with Lilliana and her pokemon and he had at last made it to another part of the mountain lit with hanging lanterns.

Tasman glanced down at Gati, who was plodding along contently at his side. Seeing his companion caused a surge of memories to flow through the young trainer's head.
I've had some mixed luck that's for sure, I've met cool people like Jara, Brock and Lilliana – not to mention Majesta, Lance and Dalair – and I've had some amazing experiences like my gym battle. Then again I barely made it to my gym battle and I've also managed to anger two of my current team before capturing them, I nearly got killed by a luxray and just then there was a horde of Zubat and Golbat.

Tasman suddenly laughed, his voice echoing throughout the otherwise empty cavern and Gati looked up at him questioningly as a result.
"I was just thinking that I'm going to have a lot of interesting stories to tell everybody when I get back home. Who knows if they'll believe all of it!" Tasman laughed again as Gati began to chuckle alongside him. The two continued walking towards the exit laughing with each other when suddenly Tasman's foot hit something hard and he felt himself tumbling forwards and landing sprawled on the rocky ground.

For a few seconds there was silence, then Gati began laughing twice at hard as he looked at his trainer on the ground. Poking his tongue out at his hysterical pokemon, Tasman looked over at the ground to see what he had tripped on. A fairly large rock was lying on the ground, Tasman picked it up out of curiosity surprised that he'd not been able to notice something so large. Sitting cross-legged on the ground, Tasman turned the uneven surface of the rock over in his hands but suddenly stopped soon after he started, struggling not to drop it in shock. Tasman stared at the rock, his mouth hanging open long enough to even draw Gati out of his fit of laughter. Embedded deep in the face of the rock was what seemed to be a long feather.
Well there's some more good luck to add to the tally, unbelievable.
"Well that's got to be a good sign Gati, I seem to have tripped over a Plume Fossil." Gati started laughing again as Tasman finally picked himself up from the ground and placed the fossil in his bag.

It was about fifteen minutes later when Tasman emerged from Mount Moon with Gati, feeling pretty good about his experience with the mountain – evil Zubat or not nothing really bad had happed. He'd made a new friend, Majesta had learned a new move and now he'd found a plume fossil. Even though it had only been that morning, Tasman found he had all but forgotten his near death experience with the Luxray.

A cool night breeze kissed at Tasman's cheeks, the fresh air feeling pleasant against his skin after the hot stuffy air of the cave. The sky was painted pale shade of orange as the sun had nearly finished setting and the first stars would soon appear in the sky. In the distance the lights of Cerulean city shone brightly, reflecting off the mirror-like surface of the nearby Cerulean River. It was a beautiful sight and one that Tasman wouldn't soon forget.
"We could possibly make it before it gets too late you know" Tasman said to Gati "but I think I'd like to camp out by the stream over there so I can enjoy the view"
"Bui!" Gati exclaimed in agreement.

Tasman and Gati moved towards the stream and there Tasman set up his bed roll, he had a small tent but the weather was good so he didn't need to bother with it. Instead he simply camped out by the remains of the small fire he'd used to cook dinner and enjoyed the view with Gati curled up near his feet.

Tasman was soon drifting off into a deep sleep when a sudden exclamation snapped him back into awareness
"Bui!" the sound rang out through the empty expanse of Route Four again
"What is it Gati? Tasman groaned, pushing himself into a sitting position… only to have his mouth fall open with surprise. Gati was still curled up, sleeping deeply by Tasman's feet.
Wait what? Tasman thought when suddenly another thought occurred to him Actually… that sounded to deep to be Gati's voice and this is the right kind of area-

Tasman's thoughts were interrupted by a repeat of the call, Tasman looked to his right and to his surprise saw a second Buizel walking towards he and Gati. This second Buizel looked somewhat different to Gati though. Unlike Tasman's, the wild pokemon was more of a yellow colour than the orange of Gati and it had only a single cream patch on it's back instead of two vertical patches like Tasman's Buizel. It was also somewhat larger and looked quite displeased. The wild pokemon was a shiny, female of Gati's species… and angry one. The female Buizel launched itself towards Tasman and Gati.
I guess after finding the Plume Fossil I was due for another attack from a wild pokemon

Tasman obtained a Plume Fossil

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Mt. Moon
The Fairy Fiasco!

Danica continued her trek through the cave. With Curtis clinging on to her right shoulder, she moved through the huge boulders and rocks that adorned the place. And the little bit of sunlight made it quite a pretty sight, actually. But she wasn't focused on that. Right now, her mind was like an Itemfinder, telling the eyes to look for something out of the ordinary that she could take as a treasure; like a Fossil, or a Moon Stone, for example. Curtis picked up some vibes of excitement and thrill coming from his trainers that made him feel that rush of adventure as well.

Soon they reached a clearing, and Curtis looked delighted upon the sight of four Clefairy dancing around a rock. He let out a cry, and it didn't take long for Danica to take notice of the apparently-extraterrestrial Pokémon. It looked like some kind of ritual. Wow... Those Pokémon look so cute! she thought, I think I'll try to catch at least one of them! She silently attempted to approach the Pokémon, and crept closer and closer. The Clefairy group appeared to take no notice. Everything was coming along according to the plan.

Unknown to Danica, however, a young boy had set his eyes on her. He had long hair and was wearing glasses and a pair of black pants and a shirt, all covered in dust. He had been looking for Fossils earlier and was lucky enough to have found two. The Super Nerd was feeling like it was one of the best days of his life, and then his eyes spotted a blue-haired girl in a purple hoodie. He became smitten instantly, and just stared, looking for a moment to make his move. The girl apparently was unaware of his presence, and instead was focused on a group of dancing Clefairy nearby. This is it! he thought, I'll catch one of them and give it to her as a gift! Then I'll ask if she wants to go on a date! As opposed to Danica's silent approached, the Super Nerd grabbed two Pokéballs from his waist and ran over there like a madman. "Grimer, Voltorb, go!" he shouted.

The four Clefairy were suddenly started by some loud noises and immediately stopped in their tracks and ran away from there. The nerdy boy attempted to chase after them but soon lost them. He turned around to see the blue-haired girl he was so smitten with glaring at him. "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" she shouted, "I WAS TRYING TO CATCH THOSE POKÉMON, AND YOU BLEW IT!"

"I, um, I was trying to, um..."

"GEEZ!" she barked, and made her way over to the rock the Clefairy were dancing around. It didn't look like those other rocks at the cave. This one reminded her of the Moon Stone at the Pewter City Museum. Could it be that same Moon Stone? She attempted to full a chuk of it off but failed. The Super Nerd saw that and thought that perhaps if he pulled of a Moon Stone chunk for her, she'd forgive him; however, he didn't think things very through when he shouted out his next command...

"Voltorb, get over to that stone, then use Selfdestruct!"

Danica screamed and ran away from there as fast as she could. She didn't get very far, but she did get far enough to avoid a Voltorb blowing up next to her. The stone shattered into many pieces, and the boy rushed to grab one and hand it over to Danica, who was all red with anger.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" she screamed, "WHAT THE HECK! IT ALMOST BLEW UP IN MY FACE! I COULD HAVE BEEN HURT, OR WORSE!" She yanked the Moon Stone off the boy's hands and put it in her bag. The Super Nerd said nothing, just stared at the blue-haired girl. "Well? Aren't you at least going to apologise?"

"I, um... S-Sorry!" he said, and scratched the back of his head. "Y-You know... I-I've found some F-Fossils here..."

Danica scoffed after the boy said sorry and began to walk away, when he said that he had found Fossils. She stopped in her tracks. The boy smirked, thinking that finally he had got her attention. Hmm... I already got a Moon Stone... But having gotten my hands on a Fossil would be even better!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon]

Damien Welters
008.png
056.png
023MS.png

"Bella, do something!" Damien ducked his head, not wanting the Zubat to swoop down on him, possibly hurting him. He took a peek and saw his Ekans lunging at various Zubat, biting them, and trying to injure them. At one point, Bella even managed to grab a Zubat and throw it off to the side, causing it to the fall to the ground. She let out a hiss at the horde of Zubat, as Damien scrambled around his belt to find a Pokeball. "Snapper, do something! Anything!" He pressed the button, sending out his Wartortle, who immediately was caught off guard by the horde, but let out a growl, and then sprayed water to soak the enemies. Along with Bella's fantastic accuracy at lunging at the Zubat, the enemies were soon dispersed, as they flew on over to a nearby passage, and then leaving sight soon enough. Oh man...that was stressful. He sighed, panting a little. Being stuck in the Zubat frenzy certainly did get the blood pumping.

"Snapper, come back..." He muttered, reaching for the appropriate Pokeball, retreating his Water Pokemon in a beam of red light. Bela slithered over and nudged Damien on the leg, before playfully slithering around his body. It was the first she had done so, and she was actually rather heavy. "Haha..." He chuckled a bit. "Thanks for your help, girl." He smiled, and gave his Poison Pokemon a pet on the head, as she let out a playful hiss. He lowered his body, as Bella slithered off back onto the ground, and just sat there looking at Damien. "Uhhhhh....right. We better get moving." Without hesitation, he started to walk on down the corridor once again before he was interrupted by the sudden occurrence of the horde. Man, if I had known I would be in a constant battle with hordes and hordes of Pokémon, I wouldn't have even come on this journey. He complained in his mind, as he continued his walk. It wasn't long before the path began to turn downhill, and turned sharply to another passage, where there was a bunch of holes and shattered rocks littered all over the place. Someone must've have been digging? He thought to himself as he continued to walk.

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
Battle of the Buizel
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

Tasman was sent rolling down the hill by the sudden attack from the wild Buizel, Gati waking up just in time for the female of his species to blast him down the hill with a close-range Sonic Boom.
"Bui!" Gati growled angrily, rising to his feet even as Tasman did.
"I guess it's going to be a battle for you then, Gati?" Tasman sighed "she doesn't seem very pleased about another Buizel being here."

Gati launched up the hill with an Aqua Jet before Tasman could say another word, the cloak of pressurised water propelling him at a huge speed. Unfortunately the shiny Buizel was just as fast with her own Aqua Jet and was speeding down the hill towards Gati. The two met with a loud crash as water sprayed in all directions. Gati rolled back down the hill, sliding onto his feet at the bottom as the other Buizel landed nimbly half-way up the hill.
"She's tough, try Pursuit!"

Again Gati ran for the second Buizel, the larger female suddenly whipping her tail forward and loosing a concussive blast at Gati that reached him with a loud boom, once again sending Tasman's pokemon tumbling down the side of the hill. This time though she wasn't waiting for Gati, the shiny pokemon ran down the hill, her fist glowing a bright purple colour. She launched the punch at Gati
"Block it!" Tasman wasn't sure what the attack was, but he knew that this was one powerful customer and didn't want Gati taking many more hits from her. In the knick of time, Gati launched a punch of his own – his own fist glowing in a familiar orange. The two attacks collided; orange and purple sparks of light flying off from the clashing attacks. For a while the power struggle continued, the other Buizel easily keeping pace with Gati despite the increase to his strength brought on by his Power-Up Punch. Then the female smiled a wicked grin and leapt upwards, whirling to reveal a tail glowing the same shade of violet. The wild Buizel whipped her tail around, hitting Gati on the side of his head and sending him flying back into the side of Mount Moon.
"I see… it was Double Hit."

The shiny Buizel ran towards the cloud of dust concealing Gati and jumped into the air again. She breathed in deeply before launching a huge torrent of spiralling, high-pressure water from her mouth towards Gati.
"Aqua Jet!" Tasman shouted, Gati obeying instantly and flying past just below the dangerous Hydro Pump. Gati slammed into the female's gut and sent her skidding long the ground back to the base of the hill.
"Heal yourself up a bit with Aqua Ring, before she recovers!" Gati relaxed for a second as the matrix of thin, glimmering strands of water spiralled around him, bathing him in their healing energy. The other Buizel wasn't going to let him relax for long though, even as Gati healed himself she launched forwards with an Aqua Jet colliding with him and sending him flying back the way he'd done to her… right back into the side of Mount Moon again. She then proceeded to launch several loud Sonic Booms through the cloud of dust and debris that had formed. Each attack expanded the cloud of dust until the attacks eventually subsided and the dust cleared to reveal Gati panting on his hands and knees. He was hurt, but he wasn't going down yet.

The female ran towards Gati even as he launched to his feet and rushed forwards towards her.
"Power-Up Punch, Gati!" Gati's fist shone with the familiar orange light as he launched a punch at his opponent. The shiny Buizel deflected blocked his attack, her fist glowing violet once again, still slightly stronger despite a second boost to Gati's strength. Once again she grinned venomously at Tasman's pokemon before jumping up at slamming her shimmering tail into the side of his head, sending him sprawling to the ground.

Gati shot back to his feet and launched another Power-Up Punch, again orange and purple attacks clashed and again Gati was knocked down by the second half of the other Buizel's attack. Over and over the same process was repeated, Gati's health slipping with ach attack he took even though his power was growing. He was now easily able to deflect the first attack, but he was always too slow to deflect the second attack not knowing whether it would be a swipe of the tail, a punch or even a kick. Gati was slowly racking up damage, but his eyes were vibrant and alive. Calculating.

The shiny female struck with a glowing purple fist once more. Gati produced a feral smirk worthy of those given by his opponent. Her violet fist collided with Gati's – his own suddenly shining a similar shade of purple. Tasman watched with wide eyes, he'd not seen that coming. The female launched her second strike, a swipe of her tail that was met by a second punch from Gati. Gati was much stronger now though from the use of his Power-Up Punch and easily knocked the attack aside, the momentum spinning the other Buizel to face him as he once again used Double Hit. Like a boxer, Gati launched two rapid punches to his opponent sending her stumbling back.
"Gati, Aqua Jet!" Tasman yelled, Gati cloaking himself in the water before launching into the staggering female of his species and sending her flying back into the stream from which she had likely emerged.

For a while they stood waiting for her to return, but instead she swam off – surprising both of them by simply admitting defeat. Gati fell to one knee, prompting Tasman to turn his attention to his injured companion. The trainer produced an oran berry and a potion from his bag, feeding the berry to Gati whilst he sprayed him with the healing liquid.
"That was impressive, you learned a new move!" Tasman beamed, Gati hadn't learned a single new attack in the entire time he'd known him until that point "just wait until I tell the others!"
"Bui!"

Bag_Plume_Fossil_Sprite.png

Gati learned Double Hit

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Zakk Steuermann ft. Gabrielle ¦ Chapter 2 ¦ A New Friend

Zakk's current team:
371.png

Gabrielle's current team:
685.png
113.png

Zakk turned his head first at the unfamiliar language, that was yet different to the strange accents of those in Pewter City. He was greeted by a girl running towards him with a basket in her hand. Zakk stopped, and Bagon turned as well, letting the girl catch up. "Are you calling to me?" He asked uncertainly, glancing down to Bagon who looked just as confused as Zakk felt.

"Yes sir," The girl nodded, stopping in front of him. "I was wondering, is this your Bagon?" She gestured at the oddly-colored dragon beside him.

Zakk squirmed uncomfortably at being called 'sir'. "I'm Zakk, and yes, this is Bagon." Bagon roared a shy greeting and shuffled on his feet a little. Zakk looked down at the girl, who seemed quite a bit shorter than he was. She seemed nice, if a little on the formal side, but Zakk was slightly unsure where to go from here. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm Gabrielle from Lumiose City." The girl introduced herself, bowing slightly at him. "This is one of my partners, Euphy." She patted the Chansey that just walked up to them, hefting a bulky and heavy-looking backpack. "I'm aiming to become a Pokemon Pâtissière, and was wondering if your Bagon has a special diet."

Zakk looked at this girl. Definitely a bit on the formal side. Zakk felt a little awkward being bowed to. He looked down at Bagon, and wondered what a Pâtissière was. "Bagon and I… Well, I don't really remember you see." Zakk sighed a little, frustrated at himself. "I'm not from around here, but I've managed to find myself stuck here for the time being. Although, you sound different from the other people here too, and you say words I'm unfamiliar with too. For instance, what is a Pâtissière?"

"Oh uh…" Gabrielle mumbled, thinking of a way to explain what a Pokemon Pâtissière does. "A Pâtissière is someone who makes sweets, to put it simply. I'm aiming to make sweets that both Humans and Pokemon can enjoy equally." She brightened up, smiling as she remembered the reason why she approached him. The girl raised the basket she was holding and presented it to Zakk. "Here, have a taste. I made these myself. I think Bagon would like these, that's why I called for you."

"Erm, ok." Zakk agreed and picked one out of the basket for Bagon, and one for himself. The Rock Cakes looked extremely good, and Bagon had already taken a bite and was munching happily. Zakk took a bite and started chewing. It had a slight sourness to it that he enjoyed, and swallowed to take another bite. Before he could however, Zakk's throat ignited, and his entire face began to glow red. He gasped in shock, and then started hopping from foot to foot as his his throat kept burning hotter and hotter. Zakk didn't know what to do. Bagon luckily noticed Zakk's predicament and, after finishing his cake, sprayed Zakk with a full-force Hydro Pump that knocked Zakk to the pavement. Zakk gasped and laid there for a few moments, recovering himself, before pulling himself up now dripping wet. He stood panting slightly, before glaring down at Bagon who just grinned back cheekily. "Are you trying to kill me or something?" Zakk questioned the girl, Gabrielle, suspiciously.

Gabrielle looked away, rubbing her cheek in embarrassment. "Je suis désolé. It looks like I still need some work when it comes to Spicy foods." In apology, she handed him a MooMooMilk. "It's a bit late now, but have some milk. I was going to hand it to you when your Bagon… helped you. Milk kills spiciness much better than water ever would." She bowed again. "It seems like he liked it though. Um, is there any way I could make it up to you?"

Zakk gratefully took the milk, gulping it down. The MooMooMilk felt like silk as it calmed his raw throat. He sighed as he finished it, feeling rejuvenated again. Zakk noticed Gabrielle bow again, and flushed red, now feeling sufficiently awkward. "You're right, it does help a lot more." Zakk stated, trying to think of something that could move them on a bit. Then he realised he had no supplies of any kind. "You really do need to tone down the spiciness. Bagon loves it though, being a Dragon type and all. I haven't got any supplies of my own, so perhaps you'd join me to the PokéMart and show me what I need to carry for travelling alone? I also need a coffee, if you like the stuff perhaps you'd join me?"

"I don't mind at all, sir." She smiled, leading the way into the PokeMart. "I was going so shop for my own supplies anyway. And coffee is good, but I don't think there are any good Cafés around here..."

The Pâtissière then handed the amnesiatic boy a list and a basket, walking as she browsed the shelf.

"These are the most vital things anyone on a journey must have. A Town Map, a sleeping bag or tent, and at least two water bottles. Most supplies change depending on what route you'll be taking, and how many towns and stops are on the way. You should also probably pack at least a few extra days of food just in case. The rest are optional, so feel free to choose." Gabrielle dropped a few things on the boy's cart, namely a scroll-like gadget that was supposed to be a map, and a rolled-up bag.

"I'm going to go get some of my own supplies. If you have any questions, just ask." The girl then headed off to another shelf, leaving Zakk behind.

Zakk looked around and found the food section. He looked at some tins of beans and various other tinned foods. He pulled a couple off the shelf and put them in his basket. Zakk wandered around for a while, looking at every item. Then he stumbled across a section labelled for various numbers of gym badges. Zakk examined the items for those with no gym badges, and the items for those with eight. There were Pokéballs of various colours lining the shelves, but only the regular Pokéball was available to Zakk right now. He picked up a few, they'd probably come in handy. It was then that Zakk noticed the different coloured Pokéballs Gabrielle carried weren't on sale. "Hey, that Pokéball you carry," Zakk started, walking up to Gabrielle after collecting everything he might need. "What's the deal with that Pokéball? I don't see it on sale anywhere."

"Oh, Ceux-ci?" Gabrielle looked up from making her selection at the question. "I'm not too sure about Kanto, but I got mine at a Pokeball Boutique in my hometown. Some of them make Pokemon easier to catch, while others have special effects." She tapped at a camouflage-patterned Pokeball.. "This is Euphy's, my Chansy, Safari ball. I caught her in the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City."

The girl stood up, pointing at the shelf he was looking at earlier. "I don't understand why Kanto restricts trainers to buy some of their products. I mean sure it gives a person with more money a larger advantage starting out than a regular trainer, but it's an Entrepreneurial mistake." She shrugged. "Also, not everyone challenges Gyms. I guess it's just that popular here for them to even consider something like this."

Zakk shrugged. "It seems to only be battle related items that are restricted. If you're not challenging Gyms, you're probably not going to need the items right?" Zakk looked around, checking if there were any last items he might need, then made his way over to the cashier. A sudden thought crossed his mind and Zakk quickly reached for his wallet, discreetly checking what was inside. Zakk's eyes widened as he found around 100,000 PokéDollars inside. Yet another mystery to add to the list. Zakk paid and pretended that nothing was strange.

"Hey, Sir Zakk. Would you like to have a battle with me? It would be good practice for a Gym Battle." As soon as the two exited the Pokemart, Gabrielle turned around to face him. "If you do, I'll give you something special when we get some coffee." The Pâtissière headed over to one of the many vacant arenas in the city specifically made for Pokemon battles, and bowed to Zakk in preparation for the battle. "Vous vous presente mon Pokemon,Sweets!" She grabbed a black and red pokeball from her strap and tossed it up, the Luxury Ball spinning sideways in the air before it opened to reveal a pink and white pokemon with an orb on top of its frosting-like head. It hopped in place, its tongue lolling out as it sniffed the air.

Zakk followed Gabrielle and once again flushed red at being called "sir" and being bowed to. Bagon was already out of his Pokéball, so instead he just stepped forwards and stretched. Zakk nodded at the little green dragon and smiled. "You can do it bud!" Bagon roared enthusiastically in return. Zakk looked over at Gabrielle and called "So, do you want to make the first move?" Zakk readied himself, a feeling of déjà-vu filling him as adrenalin filled his body in preparation for battle.

"Fine by me." Gabrielle began ordering her Slurpuff to attack. "Use Cotton Spore!" Sweets spun in place, cotton popping out of its skin like popcorn and floating around in the air. It hopped forward, then the cotton moved to stick on the dragon.

Zakk didn't hesitate to respond. "Bagon, use Headbutt through the cotton!" Bagon dashed forwards straight into the cotton, which stuck to him all over. Bagon charged through towards the enemy Slurpuff to attack, beginning to become slowed by the cotton.

"Is he nuts…?" Gabrielle couldn't help but utter to herself. What an odd battle style. "Sweets, hop to the side and use Sweet Scent to slow that dragon further. Once he's in bliss, attack with Fairy Wind!" Sweets hopped to the side, the distance between the two Pokemon large enough to anticipate where to move. As soon as she got out of the way, a sweet smelling aroma began to fill the field.

Zakk smiled slightly. "Bagon, cut the attack and use Hydro Pump!" Bagon stopped abruptly and sent a barrage of water hurtling towards the Slurpuff at insane speeds. The cascade of water brushed aside the sweet scent the Slurpuff had previously released.

"Ugh…" Gabrielle groaned. "Take it and keep up the attack Sweets!" The Slurpuff braced itself on the ground, getting hit by the torrent of water, but keeping the scent going. The pink cloud grew to cover over a half ot the field.

Zakk called out to Bagon, "Stay out of that cloud! Get on the other side and Dragon Dance Bagon!" Bagon did as Zakk advised and began using Dragon Dance when he was on the other side of the pink cloud as Slurpuff. Zakk awaited Gabrielle's command before responding.

"It'll take more than a little water to take out my Sweets! We've lived in Altomare for far too long for that to happen!" Gabrielle told Zakk. "Let's bake this battle! Cotton Spore!" More cotton flooded the field, littering the arena of traps that is bound to trap the Dragon if he makes any risky moves. But being hidden by the pink cloud, its next action went unnoticed by its opponents. A strong gust began to blow like a harsh hurricane, the strangely-tinted wind whipping to strike the Dragon-type.

Bagon flinched and was buffeted by the strong winds. Zakk quickly thought of a new plan of attack. "Bagon, burn away the cotton and pink clouds with Ember!" Bagon unleashed a flurry of firey pellets that hit a lot of the clouds in front of it, burning them away and leaving the fields mostly clear. "Now let's turn up the heat, Bagon, use Ember again, show them how fiercely we can burn!" Bagon prepared himself for a small moment, before released another flurry of pellets, this time travelling faster and further. These travelled quickly towards the enemy Slurpuff, but Zakk wasn't done yet. "Bagon, run forward while you attack, and prepare to use Headbutt!" Bagon did just that, and closed in on Slurpuff as it attacked with Ember.

"Eh, don't underestimate us." Gabrielle whinned to herself. "Sweets, charge!" The Slurpuff moved faster than the Bagon, easily slipping in between the scattered Cotton Spore that either hindered the opponent, or acted as a guard against the Ember. Soon enough, the two Pokemon were close together. "Use Tackle!" She snapped her fingers, before winking. "I kid! Cotton Guard!" Suddenly, before the impact, the fluff of Slurpuff puffed like its namesake, easily absorbing the attack and the opponent sinking like a soft pillow into the cotton fur.

Bagon quickly jumped back and Zakk quickly gave him his next move. "Dragon Dance Bagon! Then full force with another Headbutt!" Zakk, felt sweat drip from his forehead. He was out of touch with battling, and unsure how to get the moves to easily flow together, especially against a Pokémon he had never seen before.

"Finish this off with Endeavour into Draining Kiss!" Slurpuff stood in place, the cotton still protecting it from the majority of the damage. It began to glow a pink aura, covering itself and Bagon when they touched. The Cotton retracted, and Slurpuff kissed Bagon when the momentum died down.

Zakk shouted at Bagon to avoid it but Bagon was too slow, and was hit with the kiss, which drained the last of Bagon's energy. He collapsed to the floor when the kiss ended, and Zakk rushed over to help his friend. Zakk picked him up and smiled at the weary little dragon. "You did good pal, sorry I couldn't help you better. You get some rest now." Zakk held up Bagon's Pokéball and a red beam of light shone from the Pokéball, pulling the Bagon back. Zakk fixed the Pokéball to his belt and stood up straight to face Gabrielle. "You're strong, and I'm severely out of practise." Zakk shuffled a little, unsure of what to say now. He stood back a little and allowed Gabrielle to tend to her Slurpuff.

"Not really…" Gabrielle scratched the back of her neck in embarrassment, giving her Sweets a treat for a job well-done. The Slurpuff eagerly devoured the Macaroon she gave it. "Dragon-types are naturally in a disadvantage against Fairy-types. And though Sweets isn't a dedicated battler, I've had her for a long time now, and was trained by my mother to protect me." She stood up, returning the Pokemon to its ball. "But for being out of practice, you sure were good. Next time though, don't burn my Slurpuff's Sweet Scent. You're lucky it was just an Ember... So, sir." She smiled. "How about that Coffee?"

Zakk smiled dumbly, and nodded. "Sure thing. I never battled against a Fairy type before… Or maybe I have and I don't remember." Zakk trailed off, losing himself in thoughts.

Gabrielle led Zakk to a Cafe she passed by earlier on her walk. It may not be one of the best ones she's been to, but quite a step up from its competition around the city. Gabrielle ordered a Kalos Vanilite Coffee and an espresso for herself, turning to the older boy to ask what he prefers. "So, what will you order?"

Zakk stared blankly for a moment, before suddenly being able to remember the coffee he used to drink back in Rustboro. " I'll have a dark coffee made from Rustboro's GeoGood hard bean. Just a shot." Zakk needed something to get him going again after the battle. He turned to Gabrielle. "So what are you plans from here?" He asked, trying his hardest not to sound weird. Light conversation was always best.

"I'm going to challenge Brock soon, then probably head east to Cerulean City." She said, though she kept the fact that she might get lost on the way to herself. "I'm going to collect badges and contest ribbons while I'm here in Kanto. And also learn more about their local specialties. Though, not much could be said about Pewter." Her Vanilla arrived, and a small cup of espresso. "Oh, sir Zakk, I almost forgot! Wait here." Gabrielle stood up, her Chansey trailing after her as she talked to the owner and went behind the kitchen. She came back wearing her pastel-colored chef's uniform. "Let me make it up to you for giving you an overly spicy dessert. Would you let me?" She asked.

Zakk watched her go, a little confused. When Gabrielle came back wearing a chef's uniform, Zakk was colourfully surprised. "Erm, sure! Just don't kill me this time." He smiled at her and took his coffee, the rush of the strong coffee flowing through him pleasantly. "What did you have in mind?" He asked.

"Don't worry, don't worry." She tried to brush the topic away. "I won't use any Berries this time." The Pâtissière brought out a whisk and a bowl, mixing together the ingredients to make a cream. She poured it over a baking dish, and set it aside. She used the expresso she ordered and dipped ladyfingers on it, and placed them on the cream. As she prepared the treat she began a conversation. "So, sir Zakk. You know my dream, can you tell me a bit about yourself?" She asked.

Zakk hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say, since he himself couldn't remember a lot about himself. "Erm, well you see, all I know is what you see before you. I can only remember days from when I was very young, and after that everything is black. I don't know what happened to me, but I know there are a lot of experiences missing, a lot of things that would answer all the questions I now have. And so that's where I plan to go, to find the memories I'm missing, to find out who I am, what happened and why. The only other thing I remember would be finding Bagon. North of my home city, Rustboro, there is a waterfall named Meteor Falls. I used to climb around there whenever I could. And one day, I stumbled on a cave, and inside was my Bagon, being attacked by other Bagon. But they were all blue, and my green Bagon was the only one like him. So I chased the other Bagon off, and played with him. And then he started following me. By that point he had to stay with me, and he's been with me ever since. I never had a father that I remember, and my mother and sister were very kind and fun to live with. And that's where the memories stop I'm afraid." Zakk finished, finding the outlet of his situation bizarrely calming.

As the amnesiac boy told his tale, Gabrielle continued working on the dessert. After placing the finishing touches, she handed the dish to Euphy the Chansey who used carefully placed and controlled Ice Beams on it. "So, you have la-acunar Amnesia?" The Pâtissière asked, almost saying 'laser-guided'. "Are you even sure you want to remember those events? You may have forgotten them because it was too traumatic or horrible for you, and your brain locked them away to protect you." She took a sip of her drink, letting the smooth and aromatic coffee drain away her fatigue. "And should you be even travelling in your condition? No offense, sir, just hoping that you don't bite off more than you can chew."

Zakk considered what Gabrielle said, but lightly shook his head. "What else can I do? I have no family that I remember around here, no home, and no other goal right now. No, finding out who I am, and what happened to me is definitely what I want to do. And again, what else can I do in my position? I can't stay here forever, I have nowhere to stay, and I won't achieve anything by staying in place." Zakk watched the Chansey help out in the preparation of this dish curiously. "Besides, perhaps by travelling I'll find something else I can work towards as well." Zakk finished.

"I suppose so." Gabrielle nodded, but lost in her own thoughts. She blinked, and turned back to Zakk. "Anyway, I think it's done. Here, have a little pick me up." She giggled, presenting the Tiramisu to him. She handed it to him on a plate, the now frozen dessert made of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and cream. "I think it's about time I go. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to call me. Here's my Holo Caster information." With that, the Pâtissière waved at Zakk and left the cafe, her Chansey chasing after her.

Zakk took the information, although he didn't yet have a Holo Caster. Zakk tucked into the Tiramisu and found it a lot more agreeable than the Rock Cakes he'd been offered earlier.

Later after having had Bagon's health restored at the Pokémon Centre, Zakk once again began to make his way to the Police Station, renewing his journey with a new friend, and a new experience to help him along the way.​

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023

trainercard-Gabrielle_zpsi2jyuvmn.png

The First Steps Towards The Dream​

Viridian Gym

"Excusez-moi~" Gabrielle Recette, Pâtissière-to-be and newbie trainer from the Kalos region, said upon entering the dimly-lit Gym of Pewter City.

After parting ways with an older boy by the name of Zakk, she let her Pokemon rest in the Pokemon Center for a short while, and left her supplies in her room. She then returned Euphy, her Chansey, in her ball and proceeded to challenge the local Gym Leader. Of course, she was still thinking on whether or not her Pokemon are ready to tackle the Gym for a Badge. Maybe she should have caught more Pokemon?

Her thoughts were pushed aside when spot lights turned on, bringing to view a tan, brown-haired boy standing in the center of the field. "I am Brock, Leader of Pewter City Gym. What is your business here?"

Gabrielle had to take a step back at the introduction the Gym Leader gave, but stood resolute and squared her face. "I'm Gabrielle Recette of Lumiose City, here for the challenge for my First Gym Badge."

Brock nodded, taking his position on a platform on the other side of the Gym. "Very well. Take your position and we shall start the match."

The girl walked to the designated spot for the Challengers, idly taking note of an official Pokemon League Referee walking to supervise the match.

"How many Pokemon do you have?" Brock asked, his arms crossed in front of him.

"Two, sir." Gabrielle replied, tapping her bag's strap to bring attention to her Pokeballs.

"A Two-on-Two Pokemon match then. Is that fine with you?" The girl nodded, her hand clutching at her Slurpuff's Luxury Ball in nervousness. Brock's glare softened, smiling at her. "No need to be tense. If you do, your Pokemon will sense it."

Gabrielle nodded again, and took a deep breath.

"Let's work together, Sweets!" She grabbed the Luxury Ball, tossing it upwards on its side, releasing the Fairy-Type Pokemon to the field. She grabbed the ball as it fell down, wasting no time in clipping it back on her strap. In the meantime, she already noticed that Brock has sent a Pokemon she hasn't seen before.

Bringing out her Pokedex, the Pâtissière scanned the small Pokemon

Upgraded Kalos Pokedex said:
aron-2.gif
Aron, The Iron Head Pokemon

Aron feeds on iron ore that it digs from mountains. It uses this ore to make its body. With one all-out charge, it can demolish even a heavy dump truck.

"This is a 2-on-2 Pewter City Gym Match between Gym Leader Brock V.S. Challenger Gabrielle Recette of Lumiose City. Only the Challenger may make substitutions." The official called, holding two flags. "At the end of the match, the Gym Leader will determine whether or not the Challenger is worthy of the Boulder Badge."

"You may now..." The Official said, raising the flags.

"BEGIN!"

"Sweets! Use Fairy Wind!" Gabrielle called. The Fairy-type twirled in place, the winds surrounding it coloring oddly and buffeting forward. Brock stood impassively as his Pokemon took a hit.

"You won't get far attacking my Aron with a Fairy-type move." Brock stated, his Aron prancing in agreement. "My Aron is a Steel/Rock type, Fairy-type moves just bounce off my pal's thick armor." Of course, being a Gym Leader, Brock didn't hesitate on punishing his opponents for the mistakes they make. "Aron, use Iron Claw!"

The Iron Head pokemon charged forward, ignoring the buffeting winds that tried and failed to damage it. As soon as it closed in, its tiny forelegs glowed metallic, and Aron reared back to scratch at Sweets.

"Cotton Guard!" Gabrielle returned, already guessing from the Pokedex entry that most attacks Aron can learn naturally are attacks that make contact, and raising her Slurpuff's defense by using Cotton Guard would help a big deal.

Like the match she had earlier, Aron had a hard time penetrating the soft, downy fur that has become Sweets's once it used the move. Aron wouldn't give up though, and continued its attack, but it can't keep this up. Soon enough, it tired a little.

"A Good Defense can be a Good Offense, but for that to work, your defense has too!" Brock told Gabrielle. "Use Iron Head!"

Aron jumped back, creating distance between the two Pokemon to gather its momentum. Aron's head began glowing brightly, which then nudged Sweets a feet even through the thick cotton.

"Counter with an explosion!" She waved a hand forward, surprising Brock. Sweets also began glowing, and before Brock could order Aron to get away, Cotton began to pop away from Sweets. Aron backed away in astonishment. "Just like an ill-prepared bread... Sweets can't fight Aron."

"Quick, Sweets! Use Sweet Scent!" Sweets puffed out a cloud of sweet smelling air that caused Aron to relax, its head raising up as it tried to sniff up more of the aroma. "There! Fairy Wind!"

"Aron, Iron Defense!" Brock tried to counter the attack, seeing what was happening, but Aron was too preoccupied to do anything.

The strangely-tinted air struck right underneath the armor, managing to deal at least some kind of damage against the Steel-type Pokemon. Unfortunately, this caused Aron to snap out of its bliss, and it charged forward to attack Sweets again.

"Punish them! Use Heavy Slam!" Aron became outlined in yellow and slammed into Sweets, pushing the Slurpuff into the ground.

"Oh, no!" Gabrielle could help but tear up as her partner was squished by the Steel type pokemon that was at least ten times heavier than it. For such a little guy, it sure was heavy! "Use Draining Kiss!"

Luckily for Gabrielle, Aron was still on top of Sweets so the Slurpuff didn't have to exert too much effort to use the attack. If it did, it would have probably just collapsed on the floor. The kiss connected, and it was able to drain the smallest amount of energy back into it.

"Get out of there!" She ordered the Slurpuff, and Sweets backed off, managing to escape the slowed Aron. Sweets swayed in place, but Aron only looked winded. She feared that Sweets won't last long in this fight if it went on. "Take a rest first, Sweets."

She returned the Fairy-Type back to its ball, and brought out her second Pokemon, this one in a Safari Ball.

"Tournant Euphy!" Gabrielle called, "Replace Sweets against Aron!"

"Chansey!" Euphy called, its usual smile plastered on its face. It sees the Aron in front of it and waved at it.

Brock stared at the Chansey with an unreadable expression, before he ordered Aron to attack. "Rock Tomb!"

Rock rained down on the sides of Chansey, trapping her in a tight space. Gabrielle, before Chansey was trapped, managed to call an Ice Beam before a rock dropped down in front of Chansey.

The Ice-type move hit Aron square in the face, and suddenly the Steel-type was covered in a glacier. The two battling trainers gasped, seeing the sudden stalemate that was created when their attacks succeeded.

"Good call. Switching out your Pokemon for another." Brock complimented Gabrielle in her decision. "But I still have one more fully-rested Pokemon in my team, and both of yours might be too tired to face him, that is if you can get past Aron."

"We will!" Gabrielle said with determination. "For the sake of our Dream we can't stop here!"

"That trait is admirable, Gabrielle. But not all dreams come true." Brock said sagely. "Many trainers pass through me to get to the Pokemon League, and yet there are those with your determination that I have battled and won against, but have never come back to challenge me again."

"I've come this far, and I won't back down. This is my long-life dream, to become a Pokemon Pâtissière and make all kinds of sweets!" Gabrielle told Brock."Even if I don't get the Boulder Badge now, I'll train hard, both physically and mentally, and challenge you again. We won't let a rocky-road bump like you stop us! Isn't that right, Euphy? Charge Beam!"

The Rock Tomb upon which Euphy the Chansey was imprisoned began shaking, tiny loose ruble coming off the sides. Finally, the rocks smashed apart, revealing a slightly dirty Euphy for all to see. Lighting sparked on its fur, and a grim determination on the face of the Pokemon whose species is known to always be happy.

"My Pokemon and I share the same dream. Because of that, we work to make it happen." Gabrielle said, her voice slightly wistful as she remembered the words flung at her by some of the people she knew. "I will never give up my dream. I don't care if I face many difficulties. They can't be as bad as not being able to achieve what I've always wanted. And if I have to face you to do it, then by all means, I'll bake this battle!"

"Strong words," Brock started, "But I'd like to see you back them up."

Just then, a small crack appeared in the Iceberg that encased Aron. Gabrielle realized that Brock was buying time by coaxing her to talk, allowing Aron to almost break free.

"You let your emotions get the better of you." Brock stated.

"No." Gabrielle shot back. "For a Pâtissière, putting all of yourself in your creations to make your customers smile is what's important. I've never let it get the better of me, because it is what drives me."

She waved a hand forward, aiming at the thawing Aron.

"Charge Beam!"

Euphy charged up another of her attacks, launching the electric beam towards the Aron, who broke the ice just in time to get hit by it. The Iron Head Pokemon was shocked into unconsciousness and fell to its side, too tired to battle. The remaining electricity flowed into Chansey, increasing her special attack even further.

"Aron is unable to battle!" The referee called.

"Hmph." Brock returned Aron, picking out another Pokeball. "Let's test your resolve then. Go, Onix!"

The large Rock Snake Pokemon appeared, dropping into the ground and shaking the entire building. Euphy fell on her rear at the tremor, and Gabrielle had to wave her arms to balance herself.

"Woah, that's one big Rock-Type." Gabrielle looked up at the tall Rock Snake, making herself and Chansey look quite small in comparison.

"Second match, begin!" The official waved the flag, resuming the battle.

"œuf à la coque!" Euphy grabbed the egg on its pouched and threw it up, the egg shattering into shards as it recovered the Chansey's health. Seeing the danger, Brock immediately set to attack Chansey.

"Rock Tomb!" Onix followed its trainer, smashing its tail on the ground. Like Aron earlier, rocks began raining around Euphy, cutting off the Chansey's path when she tried to run away. Each time she turned to run towards one corner, a rock would slam in front of her. Thankfully for her, Euphy managed not to get hit by any of the rocks. But she was trapped in the middle of a Hexagon formation.

"Charge Beam out of there!" Gabrielle told Euphy, hoping to escape before the Onix could do anything. But Brock would have none of it.

"Dragon Breath." Onix raised itself up high, way over the walls of the Tomb, essentially making Euphy a sitting target. Blue flames licked out of the edges of Onix's mouth as it charged its attack. It then struck out, just over the ring of rocks and breathed the flame into Euphy.

Euphy meanwhile, managed to gather enough energy into her attack and blasted forward, the beam shattering the walls in front of it like rubble, and hitting Onix on its chest. Still, being a Ground-type, it didn't affect Onix at all. But Euphy took the full brunt of the Dragon Breath.

"Euphy!" Gabrielle cried her Pokemon's name, honestly worried for her. Her Chansey is quite durable, but a point blank Dragon Breath from a Gym Leader's Pokemon can't be good for her continued health.

As the attack subsided, the girl could finally see what happened to her Euphy. The attack of the Onix was so powerful, it blew the Rock Tomb away completely, and Euphy herself was struggling to stand up.

"She's paralyzed." She realized.

"Let's finish this off with Iron Tail." Brock commanded. Onix roared in approval, raising its tail once more, it coating in a metallic shine. The Steel-type move slammed into Euphy from above, driving it into the ground. But still, Euphy tried to get up. Onix moved to repeat its attack, with Euphy cringing.

"Counter! Please, counter!" Gabrielle pleaded, unable to bear seeing her Pokemon suffer. Just as the Rock Snake's tail was about to make contact, Chansey's body was coated in a red glow, and the Iron Tail was repelled and hit the snake in its face.

It fell on its side, groaning in pain. Euphy tried to get up, but was only able to sit up.

"Are you okay Euphy?" Gabrielle asked her Pokemon. Euphy turned to look at her, with an expression that said 'Are you serious?' "Oh, right. Stupid question. Can you still fight?"

Euphy sighed, looking to the side. It nodded, but flinched as the Paralysis took hold.

"Let's get rid of that Paralysis. Aromatherapy!" This time Euphy's sigh wasn't one of resignation, but one of relief. The Paralysis flushed from its body.

"You have a strong Chansey, Gabrielle." Brock complimented her.

"Thank you. She's been a big help to me since we met." Gabrielle caressed the Safari Ball on her bag's strap, remembering their meeting.

"But its time for me to end this match. After I take down your Chansey, all that's left is your starter, and it looks too weak to battle my Onix." Brock finished. "Use Stone Edge Onix!"

Sharp Rocks began floating around Onix, hovering in an axis around it. It snaked forward, aiming to strike it while Euphy hasn't had the time to fully recover.

"Don't let him hit! Use Dazzling Gleam!" Gabrielle has a feeling that Brock is not used to fighting against Fairies, even if he knows their basic strengths and weaknesses. And though Chansey isn't a Fairy-type, it was still however able to learn Fairy-type moves.

An extremely bright flash emitted from Chansey, the attack powered up by the successive Charge Beams earlier, blinding the Onix and damaging it. The Rock Snake shuddered as its attack was cancelled.

"Finish it off with Ice Beam!" She said.

Euphy sent forward a blue beam, flash-freezing the ground underneath it and instantly knocking out Onix, who crashed into the ground unmoving.

"Onix is unable to battle, victor goes to Gabrielle Recette of Lumiose City." The Official announced.

"Yay, we did it Euphy!" She ran forward to hug the Chansey, who only sighed as the battle was over. When her trainer finally glomped her, she formed a half-smile and pointed at Brock. "Oh, right. We don't know if we've earned the Badge yet..."

She turned to look at Brock, who has his arms crossed in front of him, contemplating something deeply.​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Cerulean City - "The floral lagoon city."
13895658_m.png

Cerulean City is considered one of the most beautiful places in Kanto. It lies in the north central region, surrounded by hills and rivers running down to the sea at Cerulean Cape in the north. The city itself is somewhat larger than Pewter. Notable places of interest are a bike shop (but bikes are expensive) and a pokémon daycare where trainers can leave their pokémon for a while to let the daycare workers tame them or breed them. There is also, of course, a pokémart, a pokémon center and a gym.

Cerulean Gym:
Misty is among the middle ranked gym leaders of Kanto. She uses water types and all her gym battles take place across/in/above pools indoors or outdoors, so you'll have to think up a strategy for being able to fight either in or above the water, or by jumping around on the few platforms in the water. Remember to stop writing just as the battle is over, and wait for the GM to decide whether or not you get the Cascade Badge.

You can access Nugget Bridge and Cerulean Cape whenever you want, but you cannot advance to Route 9 or Route 5 without the Cascade Badge!

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Cerulean City - Fished out! Mark's secret!​

I can't believe that the pokeball opened. The Linoone is free! And then the Linoone uses Headbut. I am thrown to the river, taken by the current. Bubbles tried to go to my rescue while Leaf and Sludges got hit too.

(Mark's POV)

Meanwhile in Cerulean City, Emerald Family House Garden...

Mark was fishing. Since he returned his journey that was almost complete, he had nothing to do. So he stayed on the yard fishing. The house where he lived with the family was near the river that conected Cerulean, Route 24 and Route 4. Little he knew that he was about to catch something.

The fishing rod started to bent. The noise of the string woke Mark up. He rushes to grab the rod and tries to pull it. He had caught something that was heavy for sure.

"Gurdurr! Help me here!" Mark shouted at his newly caught Fighting Type Pokemon. He had caught Gurdurr while Gelius was out.

The Fighting Type Pokemon starts to help pulling. Both were at point on falling in the river...

(Gelius' POV)

I was taken away by the current. I was almost fainting and then i feel something pulling my shirt. It did nothing during 2 minutes and then i am pulled out. I was on the land like i was thrown to a garden. Then i recognize the garden. I'm in my home!

"Hey Gelius. You are not a water type pokemon. So what you doing on the river?" He says and then starts to laugh. I recognize this voice. It's Mark!

"What's up Mark?" I said.

"I'm okay but you soaked." He said. "Why you took so long? Gary Clark is here 2 days ago and when he came he took like a day to go to Vermilion and to get the Thunder Badge. Laura, Joey, Larry and Gavin already have 3 badges." My jaw drops.

"It's nothing i just needed to deal with some Team Rocket goons. I think it's their name." I said. Mark changes his expression.

"Go change yourself." He said and left with his cold expression. I wonder whats going on. I look down to the river and see Bubbles carrying Sludges ad Leaf. I retrieve them.

(Mark's POV)

Meanwhile on Mark's Room...

Mark picked his phone. He looked at the board with some kind of papers and clues. One of them had Shadow, Snake, Flare and his mother, along with other 5 people that are uncovered. Another is the old leader of Team Rocket. One of the other is a paper saying : "Team Rocket. The eternal enemy that destroyed our family.".

Mark tries to call his dad's work. Someone answers.

"Hello Pokemon Transport System?" Answers a young man.

"Hey Bill. It's me Mark. Pass to my father." He says.

"OK." Bill says. Then a man talks.

"Hello who talks?" Says the man.

"Hey dad... It's me Mark. I have good and bad news. The good news is that Gelius came already." Mark says.

"That's good." Says his father.

"Now the bad news. Team Rocket is back and they tried to harm Gelius." Mark says. His father gets mad.

"Team Rocket? I thought they were over! What we are going to do?" He says.

"Don't worry dad. I'll watch Gelius back. They already destroyed our family... I won't let that happen again." Mark hangs up. He picks his old things that he got from the travel he made some years ago. He picks also his old pokemon. He even picks Raichu. Mark makes his bags and tries to hide them. He would leave when the time was good to leave.

(Gelius' POV)

Meanwhile at Cerulean City Streets...

I left my house to face my hometown. I am then tackled by Gary Clark.

"Well well well. The loser is here." He says and gives me that m*********** grin. Behind him was Larry and 2 girls fighting for G. Clark. "As i said, lets settle this now!" He said.

"Not so fast! It will be a 2 V.S. 2 battle!" Gavin came on my assistance. "I'll take Larry and you take Gary Clark." He said.

By the time, people (probably from Cerulean Academy) gather around our battle field. The clash was going to start.

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
How to Make Enemies and Elevate Pokemon
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

The chill of the early morning air was gradually subsiding as Tasman drew closer to Cerulean City, he'd gotten up very early having slept restlessly after being attacked by the other Buizel and had returned Gati to his ball so he could get more rest. That allowed Tasman to walk in silence and so he took in every aspect of the view he had of the city near the sea. The morning sun reflected off of the dew on the grass, the flowing water of Cerulean River and of the not-too-distant sea of Cerulean Cape. The sunlight on all the water gave Cerulean an almost shimmering appearance and it was easy for Tasman – even as a Kalosian – to admire the beauty of the place. In fact, he much preferred the simple beauty of Cerulean to some of gigantic man-made structures that could be seen in Kalos.

It was only a little while later that Tasman finally entered the city he had been admiring, people starting now to roam the streets. The sound of running water never seemed to be far away to Tasman, because even though the sea was far enough away to be silent the Cerulean River was nearby and there always seemed to be some sort of fountain or something nearby. Even on streets that were thronging with people, it seemed more peaceful in Cerulean than in the stoic grey Pewter City.
"It's really nice here" Tasman found himself saying as he opened his map. It seemed to him that the pokemon centre was towards the centre of the city – which made sense really – whilst other attractions included the bike shop nearby, the pokemon daycare on the outskirts of the city and the relatively close Cerulean cape.
My first stop should be the pokemon centre, I'll book myself a room there and get my team healed up. Then I'd like to see the cape, there's no point in rushing into a gym battle when I haven't even decided who I'll use yet.

Soon Tasman arrived at the pokemon centre, passing a large crowd outside the neighbouring bike shop on the way through.
"Here is your room key, your pokemon are all healed up." The nurse said to Tasman cheerily
"Thank you" Tasman said before asking "do you know the fastest way to get to the cape from here?"
"A little love-bird are you?" the nurse winked, teasing Tasman
"Uh… no, why would you think that? I just like nice scenery." The nurse laughed before responding
"Never mind, however you need to wait for the moment. The road is currently closed because some silly person thought it would be funny to let a bunch of Diglett they caught from near Vermillion lose on the route between here and the cape. Why not have a look next door in the meantime?"

Tasman left the pokemon centre feeling slightly disappointed, but he would just have to wait which wasn't too bad. Instead he decided he might as well see why such a big crowd was surrounding the bike shop. Tasman had no interest in actually buying a bike, they were far too expensive and he liked to travel at a slower pace anyway. Tasman joined the crowd and soon saw the source of the commotion.
"That's right!" a man with a microphone was saying enthusiastically, the crowd becoming more excited with each word "the bike shop tournament is simple! You simply have to beat a few opponents one on one before the final round. Then you take part in a best two-out-of-three battle and the winner gets to take home a free bike from our newest range! Who'd like to sign-up?!" The crowd roared and before Tasman knew it he'd found himself signing up. He had paid absolutely no attention to the fact the prize was something he didn't want, he just thought a tournament sounded like fun. So twenty minutes later Tasman found himself standing opposite a boy a few years younger than himself who was using a Tyrogue with his Nidorino, Lance, in standing opposite the fighting-type.

"Use Bulk-Up!" the Tyrogue's muscles bulged suddenly "Now Tackle!" the young pokemon ran for Lance, launching itself at it.
"Lance! Use Poison Jab!" the Nidorino's horn glowed a sinister purple, Lance using the side of it to block the other pokemon's Tackle with ease. Lance then flung his head back to a straight position… and flung the Tyrogue over the crowds head and across the street. For a while there was just the sound of the Tyrgoue's surprised cry, then a loud crash… then silence. The silence persisted for a while before the referee finally spoke as the boy ran of towards his pokemon
"Um… Tasman and his Nidorino win!" the crowd clapped as Tasman stepped aside for the next battle., feeling slightly embarrassed by the events of his own having forgotten about Lance's unusual immense physical strength. A blonde girl with a Sylveon was next to battle along with a trainer with a Wartortle. She also defeated her opponent with ease… and soon enough it was Tasman's turn again.

A young man a few years older was to be the Kalosian's opponent. He worse torn jeans, a leather jacket and had a flamboyant green and purple hairdo.
"I'll get you back for what you just did to my brother's pokemon!" he declared, "Hitmonlee, let's go!"
Why is it always me in these situations? Tasman groaned inwardly, it didn't seem like this was a man he wanted as an enemy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nugget Bridge - "You think you can get past us?"
meta_image.png

Nugget Bridge is one of Kanto's architectural wonders. Made of wood over the Teal River, long like a modern steel bridge and painted with golden details, it is in itself a reason for some to come and visit Cerulean.

Nugget Gang:
When Cerulean's police force is mostly hired out to combat organized crime in the neighboring cities these days, a local gang of teenagers have decided to use that to their advantage. Cerulean Cape is considered the most beautiful scenery in Kanto and lures plenty of visitors every day in the warmer months. Plus, one of the most famous pokemon collectors and researcher lives there... But now the "Nugget Gang" are forcing everyone passing over the bridge to pay a toll, unless they can defeat them all in battle...

You need to beat 3 Nugget trainers to pass, and you can decide for yourself how many (or few) pokemon each of them uses. You obviously need to beat them if you want to visit Cerulean Cape. If you think your character is wealthy enough to be able to pay the toll instead, state why in the OOC thread and the GM will consider it.

Of course, you can invent shenanigans or try and stop their business, but you won't completely succeed as as they should still be there when later players arrive. We can contruct an eventual story arc where several players can participate in bringing them down though, if someone feels like it! Like, later on in the RP maybe.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Cerulean City - Rivals! The big defeat!​

"GO POKEBALL!" We yelled throwing our Pokeballs. On mine, Sludges was revealed. On Larry's, Machoke was revealed. On Gavin's, Pidove was revealed. And on Gary Clark's, Cacnea was revealed.

"Pidove use Aerial Ace!"

"Machoke counter with Brick Break!"

"Cacnea use Pin Missile!"

"Sludges go for a Sludge Bomb!"

Pidove striked at Machoke but smashed Pidove with Brick Break. Pidove was on the ground unconscious. While that, Sludges uses Sludge Bomb to stop the Pin Missile, and hits Cacnea. Cacnea, that was still weak, is down. Gary Clark pulls out another pokemon. The leader of the Raticate horde. Gavin pulls out the Troublesome Linoone.

"Raticate use Quick Attack!" G. Clark Says.

"Machoke teach a a lesson to him. Brick Break!" Larry says.

"Linoone use Headbutt!" Gavin says.

"Sludges you can take that Raticate down! Sludge Bomb!" I say.

This time Linoone manages to hit Machoke. Machoke loses his balance and almost fell in front of Raticate, taking the Quick Attack move and getting knocked out.

"You idiot!" G. Clark says.

"Sorry..." He pulls out another pokemon. "Pinsir!" Pinsir came out.

On Sludges' turn, the Mud Bomb hits Raticate, taking another of his newly caught pokemon out. Gary Clark pulls out his Beedrill.

"Pinsir use Submission!" Larry says.

Pinsir smashes on Linoone. Gavin was defeated. Larry returns his Pinsir.

"HAHA!" He laughs.

"Sludges use Mud Bomb Again!" I said.

"Beedrill try to Poison jab the bombs all out of the way!" G. Clark says. even that Beerill made to block 2 Mud Bombs, all of the other stroked right on Beedrill, knocking him out. G. Clark retrieves Beedrill and grabs another pokemon. "Now the real battle starts now. Kadabra come in!" Kadabra enters. "Kadabra use Confusion!" Kadabra tries to confuse Sludges. Sludges is out of battle.

He was right. The real battle starts now.

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
Battle for the Bike: Gati vs Hitmonlee and Poli vs Raticate
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

"Mega Kick!"
"Aqua Jet!"

Tasman and the punk-looking guy had been battling for a while now, and whilst it was true the Hitmonlee battling Gati was strong it was clear that its trainer lacked any real ability to plan strategies. He was essentially just yelling out random attacks and hoping for the best – which is why Tasman was finding him so easy to beat. Guys like that were nothing compared to how difficult Brock had been. Gati's priority speed allowed him to easily slip past the powerful kick attack and slam into the Hitmonlee, sending it skidding over the ground until it came to a stop at its trainer's feet and didn't get up again.
"The winner's are Tasman and Gati!" the referee announced, Tasman grinned and stepped aside with Gati.

"Next up we have Simon versus Clarity!" Tasman watched as a young man with a buzz cut and a tattoo of a magnemite on his neck stepped forward to battle a young, short blonde girl with a simple hat. If you didn't know better, you'd probably assume the girl – who was a few years younger than Tasman – was at a disadvantage but having seen her last battle Tasman knew that she was going to be able to hold her own.

"Poli" she called "Let's go!" Clarity tossed forwards a pokeball and from it a round, blue pokemon with glove-like hands at the ends of its arms and a spiral pattern on its stomach appeared in a flash of light.
"Raticate, chomp this thing!" a large gold-coated rat pokemon emerged for Simon, it's large teeth glinting briefly in the sun "Hyper Fang!" the Raticate's teeth glowed brightly as it lunged for the bulbous tadpole pokemon
"Bubblebeam!" a torrent of bubble flew for the Poliwhirl at a rapid sped, slamming into the Raticate and popping with enough force to send it tumbling back. Clarity then pressed her advantage
"Body Slam!" the Poliwhirl dived for the temporarily downed Raticate, but was too slow for the rodent
"Sucker Punch!" Simon, the trainer with the magnemite tattoo called, the Raticate suddenly rolling to its side and punching the Poliwhirl in its belly with surprising speed and ferocity. The Poliwhirl called out in pain and slid back several feet, but it wasn't defeated – it didn't even fall down "Super Fang!" The Raticate's teeth glowed again, seeming to expand and sharpen before the pokemon ran at its opponent, again it was outdone though
"Hypnosis!"

The Poliwhirl's eyes shone a mysterious blue and the spiral on its belly seemed to moved hypnotically. Just as the Raticate reached the water-type it fell to the ground in a deep sleep. Tasman winced; he knew the moves Poliwhirl could learn well enough and he was pretty sure he knew what was coming.
"Wake-Up Slap!" the Poliwhirl slapped the sleeping Raticate with tremendous force and sent it flying back to the space near its trainer, the effect of the move dealing double the damage to the sleeping pokemon but also waking it up though. Tasman watched though, and like the rest of the crowd he knew it was over for the staggering Raticate.
"Bubblebeam!" the spray of pressurised bubbles smashed into the Raticate and knocked it out.
"Clarity and her Poliwhirl are the victors!" the referee called loudly, inspiring applause from the crowd – Tasman included. This left only Tasman and Clarity in the competition, so after a brief recuperation Tasman was standing opposite the blonde girl who now stood where Simon once had.
"Nice to meet you, best of luck" Tasman grinned
"Likewise – Sylvia, let's go!" came the reply from Tasman's opponent and in a flash the pink, beribboned quadruped , Sylveon, appeared on the battlefield.
"Gati, this one's all yours." Gati stepped forward from beside his trainer, raring to go.

A few moments passed and then the referee spoke
"This is the final match in our tournament to win a bike from our fantastic new range!" the crowd cheered "At the end of each round, both trainers must return their pokemon. The trainer who wins two rounds is the victor and wins the bike!" Tasman felt the familiar excitement of battling begin to rush though his veins – the fact he was competing for something he didn't even want irrelevant.
"Sylvia, use Swift!" shining, golden stars flew towards Gati
"Use Aqua Jet!" Gati launched forward surrounded by his cloak of water. The battle was on.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Mt. Moon
Battle vs. Super Nerd! Begin!

"...What did you just say?"

Danica turned around, making the boy squeal inside his head in excitement. This is it. This is my last chance! he thought as he nervously approached the blue-haired girl. "T-That's right, I've found some Fossils! Apparently these super-ancient Pokémon once lived here at Mt. Moon! And I've found the fossils of two of them!" he said, speaking so fast it was hard for Danica to understand what he was saying- it wasn't liek she was making a big effort to understand anyway. "P-Perhaps. you know, I could... um... show them to you!"

Pffft. Showing them? That's it? Danica thought, That's no use. I need to get me one of those Fossils! Well, perhaps I can find a way to get my hands on at least one! Danica's face then showed a very faint smile, and she nodded to the boy. "Alright. Let's take a look." she said. The boy smirked and led Danica to where he had dug up his fossils. He attempted to grab Danica's hand on the way, but Danica took notice and it took a glare from her to make the Super Nerd stop what he was trying to do.

"Um, okay, well... um... here they are!" the Super Nerd says. "Helix and Dome Fossils! And they're both mine!"

Danica looked at the Fossils in awe. They didn't look like the ones she had seen at Pewter Museum. Her eyes gave off this odd sparkle of happiness, which made the Super Nerd chuckle. "Yes, they're truly wonderful. I can see that you like them. Perhaps we could..." he said, before being interrupted by the girl.

"I want one." Danica said coldly, "Where can I get one?"

"Umm... Eh... It took a long time for me to find them..." the Super Nerd says. "You have to be patient and dig for maybe days! But, you know what they say... Two heads think better than one. Perhaps we could tag team and, uh, look for more..."

"No time." she said coldly. She considered leaving without a Fossil, given that she had already found a Moon Stone. But then, an idea crept into her mind. She hadn't trained Curtis or Harley at all since she left the Pewter Gym. Perhaps she could battle this guy, and make some kind of bet. "I know! I challenge you to a battle. If I win, you'll share one of your Fossils."

The Super Nerd hesitated. He had spent a very long time looking for those fossils. His happy day was turning into a not-so-happy one. But then, he came up with a way to maybe improve how it was going. That's it! I got it!

"Um, fine. But if I win, you'll... go on a date with me!" The Super Nerd exclaimed, "So, deal?"

Danica swallowed hard. Great... Now I have to win this battle. For my sake....

"Deal. Go, Curtis!"

The Super Nerd chuckled, "Excellent. Go onwards, Grimer!"

Danica's eyes opened wide. NO. NOT THESE UGLY, YUCKY, POISON POKÉMON! AAAAAAGH!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Onwards!​

704.gif
33.gif
41-f.gif
Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

Guest: Oddball_ as Delta

Click!
Delta grinned as he heard the all to familiar sound. "I caught... a Slowpoke!" Delta walked over and grabbed the Pokéball. He looked around and noticed Gelius standing in front of a Pokéball. Delta held his breath, watching the Pokéball shake once... twice...

However before it could shake a third time, it snapped open and shattered, releasing the Linoone. " Don't worry Gelius, just a little more!" Delta cheered. Upon hearing a second click, Delta turned and saw Jordan picking up a Pokéball in which Delta assumed was the Ekans. "Well uh... Now that that's out of the way... haha..." Delta laughed walking over to the new boy.

Jordan took the ball, exalted. "Nice work, Zub!" He palmed his Pokeball, the one containing the Ekans, and put it in his pack. He would have time later to check what his new Pokemon is capable of. For now.

"Hey," Jordan said. "That was uh, a nice battle, I guess?" Jordan held out his hand. "The names is Jordan. Jordan Kaleel Jr. And you are?"

"Most people call me Delta. I'm a Pokémon trainer from the Unova region, here to unearth the mysteries regarding the fabled and ever impressive Mega Evolution. Oh and topple the Pokémon league as a side project. I've already got the boulder badge from Brock and was heading to Cerulean to challenge Misty."

"Well, nice meeting you, Delta. I'm just a native here in Kanto, though," Jordan took out his hand. "I'm also on the gym circuit although it is not really my thing, battling the leaders and all. It's just a little side dish. What I wanted to do was collect rocks all over the region," Dennis smiled. "Badges are some kind of rocks too so I guess that must count for something in my books." Dennis spotted Cerulean city in the distance. "You want to go? I mean towards Cerulean."

"Most definitely... I could use some clean clothes and warm food. As could Riley, Char, Hope, and... The new guy."

Back