• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Unless you want an Espeon or Umbreon, there's no reason you need a clock. :)

Thats all that the real time clock relies on? I thought there was more. At least from what I can remember from the original version of pokemon Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Can you find a shaymin in the game? I know that it doesn't say in wesley's website, but I've heard that there is a shaymin.

leews24

ha
Years
hey guys,
I've started a screenshot walkthrough of LP
only problem is, Weebly, which I was planning on using, and having it constructed on,
turns out to be strongly ineffective

so I kinda turned around to Blogger temporarily(link at sig, read at you own risk)

anyway I seek your guys advice:
know a good site to do that? Anyone?

btw I'm kinda thinking of posting on Nuzlocke forums, they do have a good walkthrough forums, but they're like always hard going
or I could just post it at Pokecommunity, but than again there's Tyranee

Any advice?

Last edited:

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
Years
hey guys,
I've started a screenshot walkthrough of LP
only problem is, Weebly, which I was planning on using, and having it constructed on,
turns out to be strongly ineffective

so I kinda turned around to Blogger temporarily(link at sig, read at you own risk)

anyway I seek your guys advice:
know a good site to do that? Anyone?

btw I'm kinda thinking of posting on Nuzlocke forums, they do have a good walkthrough forums, but they're like always hard going
or I could just post it at Pokecommunity, but than again there's Tyranee

Any advice?

I'm not really sure about helping you with this, but your.. temporary walkthrough's picture is... I can't see anything. Only words.

leews24

ha
Years
I'm not really sure about helping you with this, but your.. temporary walkthrough's picture is... I can't see anything. Only words.
Hmmm. I didnt see that.
I'll try to fix it, if I can
meanwhile, try right clicking the picture and click on show picture(h)
It should work if what you see is the box with a red x.

Edit::
I figured out a sloution envolving both weebly and evernote.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You know, I just realized I should share my thoughts on this game. This whole time, I've been playing with the perspective of a beta tester. I concentrated on testing every event, and watching for any mistakes. But now, I still plan to send reports, but I now realize the beauty of the game.

Personally, I don't like the story at all. I never like evil teams that attempt to conquer the world, get away with everything, settle disputes with Pokemon battles, and are stopped by a kid. I don't like the story at all. Usually, story is the most important aspect of a hack in my opinion, but this time, it is playable because of three things:

Light Platinum's region (I haven't been to the second) is beautiful, new, and no areas are generic at all. Every route has unavoidable trainers, and that keeps it annoyingly busy. I love that. Every city is beautiful, no city is a useless placeholder.

The variety of Pokemon is perfect. For once, I have a well balanced team of Pokemon I like and still use strategically. No legendaries at all. (That's a first for me XD) I love the many obtainable 4th and 5th gen Pokemon too. Usually I hate 5th gen Pokemon but I'm attached to my Litwick. :3

The scripts aren't too bad either. Though I hate the story, it was beautiful seeing the Wally script being recycled to show a short epic battle to catch (SPOILER). Using Rain Dance to save a city and it stayed raining was pretty good too. The scripts I've seen are very creative.

I can't stand the story, but the game's maps, gameplay, and interesting scripts are what makes it wonderful. Good job Wesley and thank you Snakebyte for translating it.

Last edited:

Johnster

Losing is not an option
Years
Finally defeated Ash and becamed the World champion!

I want to thank the creator, beta testers, and the translator, Snake for making this wonderful game. I really enjoyed playing this, I changed my team a lot since there was so many pokemons to chose from. I changed my party 14x times xD. I agree with U_flame about the story, it felt kinda dull playing through it but the scripts are amazing. I would like to see another game like this!

Team:
Charizard - lv.84
Samurott - lv.75
Dusknoir - lv.75
Serperior - lv.72
Electivire - lv.80
Snorlax - lv.80

Last edited:

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
wth......no pokemon in mt.draken??
But according to "birdie's lp walkthrough" there are dragon pokemon in mt.draken......i cannot encounter any type of wild pokemon in the mountain?? O.o
That's odd, I can't get ANY to appear either! I originally blamed it on the ridiculously low Pokemon encounter rate, but even my COmbee with Sweet Scent can't get anything to show up. I dunno. Thanks for the notice though, I'll update my walkthrough!
My list of Pokemon that appear I get from using Advance Map, which tells you what's available. I really have no clue why nothing will show up here.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm guessing they used a title that doesn't have wild Pokemon. Maybe Mt. Draken has the wrong identical titles and if there are identical titles with an encounter effect, then Mt. Draken just has the wrong one.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm guessing they used a title that doesn't have wild Pokemon. Maybe Mt. Draken has the wrong identical titles and if there are identical titles with an encounter effect, then Mt. Draken just has the wrong one.
I just checked on A-map and the cave floor tile that WeslyFG used has the Behavior byte set to 00, which means no wild Pokemon appear. I'm guessing Wesly just forgot.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I've seen a few mapping errors so far, the Mt. Draken titles, a few misplaced ones, and some movement permission messups. While these are minor, I'm wondering if I can get permission to fix them.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Can you find a shaymin in the game? I know that it doesn't say in wesley's website, but I've heard that there is a shaymin.
Shaymie is in Inhore Woods =)

I've seen a few mapping errors so far, the Mt. Draken titles, a few misplaced ones, and some movement permission messups. While these are minor, I'm wondering if I can get permission to fix them.
It'll be better if you sent those location to Snakie or me since we're planning to release complete flawless version =)

I just checked on A-map and the cave floor tile that WeslyFG used has the Behavior byte set to 00, which means no wild Pokemon appear. I'm guessing Wesly just forgot.
That pretty much explains it...

Years

I also can't see anything

Finally defeated Ash and becamed the World champion!

I want to thank the creator, beta testers, and the translator, Snake for making this wonderful game. I really enjoyed playing this, I changed my team a lot since there was so many pokemons to chose from. I changed my party 14x times xD. I agree with U_flame about the story, it felt kinda dull playing through it but the scripts are amazing. I would like to see another game like this!

Team:
Charizard - lv.84
Samurott - lv.75
Dusknoir - lv.75
Serperior - lv.72
Electivire - lv.80
Snorlax - lv.80

How did u get 2 unova starters(Samurott and Serperior)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Tcoppy :

People,always check the search thread ;)

You need a specific gym badge to access dig and if you saw my previous post (use the search thread) you will see I said you need to beat prof.ellie and go to the volcano north of flamerny town

Me :

I have already defeated prof. ellie, still cant go to MT. Volcan.
On the east and north of kosaka town are some boulders... I cant get through too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
@U_Flame: If I´m not mistaken you said that you played it on the psp as well and that it did work for you right?
Can you tell me which emulator you used or if you did something special since I´m still getting only white screens with the english translated, although it works perfectly fine on the VBA.
I´d really appreciate it if you could help me solve the problem ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
XxMoe666xX:
It works on my PSP too.
Just patch ips file on ruby 1.0 rom and copy to your PSP.
Then launch gPSP and play.

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
How long it took you to evolve Pichu(how many lvls) and what did you give him(calcium,pp up?) to make him happy because I want to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon during the night.

I only gave him one calcium and he was level 27 or something like that when he finally evolved. I'm like really poor in this game, so I couldn't really buy much. I gave him exp share and put him in some battles. Hope this helps a little bit. :)

Years
I only gave him one calcium and he was level 27 or something like that when he finally evolved. I'm like really poor in this game, so I couldn't really buy much. I gave him exp share and put him in some battles. Hope this helps a little bit. :)

Thx, but now I don't have time to train other pokemons because im in Lauren region and my pokemons are low lvl because in the beginning I changed my team a lot: Floatzel-lvl 56, Electivire-lvl 54, Charizard-lvl 53, Dusknoir-lvl 52, Cacturne-lvl 51 and Lucario-lvl 48 and I have others starters around lvl 20 and Donphan at lvl 26 i rlly screwed up because my opponents have pokemons around lvl 70 and its a bit hard but fun , zhery elite 4 was hard to beat for me but i hope i will lvl up my pokemons fast before lauren elite 4 and champioship.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I have two questions. Can victini be found in the game? And can a ticket be found for the ship at snowce city?

Back