• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
could it be possible to play the english version on android o.s. phones with gba emulator from android market or any other phones with gba emulator because port. version doesnt work (white screen i tryed 128k save type) and first beta eng works on my emulator. pls answer if u know .this is my 3rd post about this question because no one answers and im not the only one who is asking about it read above.can u try it on some phone and tell us pls ik u 2 r busy but try when u have time .sry if i spam i will delete my posts.thx

dude ive answered this multiple times now, u can play it on whatever emulator, u just hav to change the header back to ruby first. for details how to do this i posted a couple pages back in this thread how to do it. just search for my name in the thread. or just pm me, i'll be more than happy to help/walk u through it. this goes for anyone else havin trouble to get this to work on anything other emulator besides the visual boy advance. i'm more than happy to help

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
You should post when your version is finished on this thread, so we can all be directed to the english version :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Hi, its my post in here, so if i post incorrectly tell me.

I'm from Portugal and its nice to have a "portuguese" (brazilian) do that type of hard stuff, congrats wes, you are the man.

I've already finished the game, caught all the legenderies, except the pp up uxie LOL and I have a few questions:

1- where i can find zorua and bagon?
2- How can I enter in the National Park contest and in Central city contest?
3- Its possible to have all the kanto, jhoto, hoen, sinnoh and unova starters?
and finnaly another will be released with some fixed bugs and perhaps new things?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
i'm using an emulator Vbagx 1.20 for mobile..the script
with Reshiram and
Zekrom, is repeatedly occuring whenever u go inside..the cave

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've already finished the game, caught all the legenderies, except the pp up uxie LOL and I have a few questions:

and finnaly another will be released with some fixed bugs and perhaps new things?

1. I have no idea.
2. For the National Park Contest, it'll remain closed.
However, for the Centrail City Contest, you can participate them by
obtaining a Contest Pass from a lady in the contest lobby.
3. It is possible to obtain ALL of the starters, except for the Kanto starters, because you can only choose one from the start.

And yes, the new version (Also known as the "translated and fixed" version) will have new PKMN.
Glaceon, Leafeon, Rhyperior, Gallade and Mamoswine will be included.
Glaceon and Leafeon can breed into Eevee, but Eevee cannot evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon. This is because GBA Roms only have 5 evolution data.
Also, ALL known bugs will deleted, so it will be completely bug free.

Lastly, cries for the B/W and D/P/P PKMN will be included, except for the ones in the free 25 slots. Also, Pokedex entries for those PKMN will be edited and fixed.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
I've tried downloading the IPS file several times and patched it on to many different Ruby ROMS downloaded all from different sites and every time i try to play the game all i get is a white screen. =/ =/ =/ can anyone give me any help on how to fix this. please and thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've tried downloading the IPS file several times and patched it on to many different Ruby ROMS downloaded all from different sites and every time i try to play the game all i get is a white screen. =/ =/ =/ can anyone give me any help on how to fix this. please and thank you.
@iweei
If that's the case, then you're supposed to use savestates. There's a great explanation in this forum somewhere on how to do so. It's not a rom issue either just fyi. I got mine working via savestates.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
1. I have no idea.
2. For the National Park Contest, it'll remain closed.
However, for the Centrail City Contest, you can participate them by
obtaining a Contest Pass from a lady in the contest lobby.
3. It is possible to obtain ALL of the starters, except for the Kanto starters, because you can only choose one from the start.

And yes, the new version (Also known as the "translated and fixed" version) will have new PKMN.
Glaceon, Leafeon, Rhyperior, Gallade and Mamoswine will be included.
Glaceon and Leafeon can breed into Eevee, but Eevee cannot evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon. This is because GBA Roms only have 5 evolution data.
Also, ALL known bugs will deleted, so it will be completely bug free.

Lastly, cries for the B/W and D/P/P PKMN will be included, except for the ones in the free 25 slots. Also, Pokedex entries for those PKMN will be edited and fixed.

are you going to fix the not working script if there are.
will the english version comes prepatched like welc did

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've already finished the game, caught all the legenderies, except the pp up uxie LOL
Oh yeah... that thing... :D

Dunno about Bagon but you can obtain Zorua in Esmerald City's tower (you know that one which was occupied by Team Steam) on the highest floor, try to find it :D

i'm using an emulator Vbagx 1.20 for mobile..the script
with Reshiram and
Zekrom, is repeatedly occuring whenever u go inside..the cave
I see... it might be because of mobile emulator...
Okay... script is repeating... that's good (not exactly good but it is like that in my case)

Download ROM directly ;)

are you going to fix the not working script if there are.
will the english version comes prepatched like welc did
About this question... I... don't really like this question... you know I've never been fan of messing with others' scripts and Wes' scripts are pretty complicated and messing with it might cause further bugs... But if SP really wanted I might try to do something.

Josephrulzyou

Secret trainer
Years
Hi, its my post in here, so if i post incorrectly tell me.

I'm from Portugal and its nice to have a "portuguese" (brazilian) do that type of hard stuff, congrats wes, you are the man.

Zorua is in top floor right side in esmerald lab .
bagon is mapped in wierd place. I dont think u get it in game

national park contest is not active i think

you get all starters in game except for unova starters.

u get starters in inhore, central, sonice and meridian city.

kanto starters are provide by eusine in meridian. Other starters can be obtained anytime in game. But kanto starters have to be obtained before second league because the kosaka script gets activated where u have to battle eusine.

i am playing on vbag. U have to use frequent in game saves along with load states.
Some flags dont get activated so subsequent flags get repeated :)
and i got the uxie too

finished the game 4 times. Waiting for english version so that i can understand what i was playing lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Thank you, i've found zorua already.

About the starters, professor oak gave me mudkip, but i've seen he can give cyndaquil and chikorita( friends of mine are playing too) one of my friend found bulbasaur in some city ( a guy gave to him) prof rowman i think he give one of the sinnoh starters ( in my case was turtwing).

prof ellie give unova starters, but one time i return to her lab and i could choose one of the starters again... its a another bug or other type of error?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thank you, i've found zorua already.

About the starters, professor oak gave me mudkip, but i've seen he can give cyndaquil and chikorita( friends of mine are playing too) one of my friend found bulbasaur in some city ( a guy gave to him) prof rowman i think he give one of the sinnoh starters ( in my case was turtwing).

prof ellie give unova starters, but one time i return to her lab and i could choose one of the starters again... its a another bug or other type of error?

You have a few things mixed up.
Firstly, Prof. Kaish Filler in Hivein City University is the person who gives you the Hoenn starters.

Secondly, Prof. Samuel Oak is the person who gives you the Johto starters.

Thirdly, Bulbasaur can only be obtained at the very start of the game.
You can pick the three starters: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur respectively.

Fourthly, Prof. Rowan is the professor who gives you the Sinnoh starters.

Lastly, Prof. Ellie White will keep giving the Unova starters until Oshawott, Snivy and Tepig are all given to you.
That is not glitch.

For all of the professors who give you free starters, they will keep giving starters to you until all of them are handed out to you.

Josephrulzyou

Secret trainer
Years
Thirdly, Bulbasaur can only be obtained at the very start of the game.
You can pick the three starters: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur respectively.

ya i just remembered that u also get unova starters too.

sarcastic prince we get kanto starters Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur from eugine in meridian city. But u should approach him before second league
as such i have all starters.

so visit 5 cities to own all starters
inhore central snowice meridian noormeak

if u get unova starters from the professors lab its a bug script. U should get unova starters from airport in noormeak. A professor gives it to you.

Last edited:
Years
I really like Jhoto starter way more than any other starter in Pokemon game.
BTW, SP I was wondering if it possible, will you kindly change the moveset of the starter {Konto} cuz its kinda boring and not fun to play with the move they learn.
There move set didn't change from 1st generation moveset at all. also they learn anly few good move others are not usefull at all.
Playing with unpredictable learn-able move set is more interesting and fun.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

BTW, SP I was wondering if it possible, will you kindly change the moveset of the starter {Konto} cuz its kinda boring and not fun to play with the move they learn.
There move set didn't change from 1st generation moveset at all. also they learn anly few good move others are not usefull at all.
Playing with unpredictable learn-able move set is more interesting and fun.
Well you know... I think it's good.
It makes you not to use them ;)
Take this theoretically... if old pokemon keep their movepools (moveset is the term for 4 moves that pokemon have in battle) wouldn't it make you bored to play with them? Of course. And that's why you try other pokemon that have different movesets =)
I'd say it's pretty boring to stick with 1st gen of PKMN =)

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
just got some question any news about translating the game how many estimated % ? and also did wesley or the ash/prince plan to add victini to the legendary pokes or in the game?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well you know... I think it's good.
It makes you not to use them ;)
Take this theoretically... if old pokemon keep their movepools (moveset is the term for 4 moves that pokemon have in battle) wouldn't it make you bored to play with them? Of course. And that's why you try other pokemon that have different movesets =)
I'd say it's pretty boring to stick with 1st gen of PKMN =)

Nope. I have to that say that I strongly disagree. Seriously, dude, many PKMN have sucky movesets. But TMs/HMs are there
to help you build up a new moveset that is set by you.
There is no reason in doing this at all. I feel that my time is getting seriously sucked up for doing all this crap. I don't have to time for this. I have to finish up the translation first, instead of the minor stuff.

Because as of now, the minor stuff is completed by 90%.
The remaining 10%... well, they are the cries. They aren't completed yet.

just got some question any news about translating the game how many estimated % ? and also did wesley or the ash/prince plan to add victini to the legendary pokes or in the game?

52%. Progress isn't going on well, seriously. I know that I'm a genius, but my parents just forced me to revise for something as pathetic and simple like exams. I mean, seriously, I can get As on them if I put a little effort.

Sorry guys, for my horrible attitude, but I'm seriously pissed off by my parents.

Back