• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Wow, 500 posts! Thanks everyone who made this possible! I read all the posts of this thread!

After giving it some thought, I've registered here in order to give you some feedback on the game's length since i pretty much finished it. First of all let me say, that you did an awesome job and I loved and enjoyed the game very much. Secondly I quit playing months ago so what I have to say applys to the 1.1 version, please keep that in mind.

I finished the last rank of the collosseum at around 24-25 hours of playing. I think I could've done it 1-2 hours earlier but I am the type of person that trains alot and wanted to complete my "dream-team" as much as possible at that moment. After that I started completing the pokedex. It is currently at 614 with only Shieldon / Bastiodon and alot of the legendaries missing. My playing time right now is at 155:42. We have to consider that I spend quite some time breeding countless of eggs for my team to have the right nature. Also that I frantically searched for the last members of my "dream-team" and raised them. I also raised some pokemon I probably didn't have to (for example decided to drop my lv.100 tyranitar in order to get a trikephalo/ got myself a hunt galagladi) and of course RNG (lapras on the second encounter yay, yanma almost made me cry in frustration). So I'd say we can think of 20-30 hours we can cut off, meaning that it probably takes you around 120hours to get to 614 pokemon.

And now I'd like to end with my biggest critique on the game, which is legendaries.
Spoiler:

That's it I guess. Again I'd like to say how much I enjoyed the game and I will keep an eye out for future updates. I wish you the best of luck with future projects and thanks for all the work you've invested! :)
Wow, 24-25 hours it's a short time! The 1.2 gives you a little reward for completing the game at short time, and also you have two times the chance of obtaining the fossils.

About the money, are you using the Amulet Coin? Trains the pokémon (for evolving) the entire game at Colosseum using the Amulet Coin, sell some items like the ones that you get at Underground and use the place at other side of the bridge that gives you a lot of money. If you done these things, you probably have the money after obtaining all others pokémon. At 1.2 you can use the Game Corner for getting some items/money and the Explorer Kit. I'm planning on adding even more places at 2.0 for obtaining money, like the Bank (a huge investment and a huge reward).

I didn't like the way of throwing countless around 50 Ultra/Time/Dusk Balls for EACH legendaries at official games, but I going to practically redone the legendaries at 2.0 with several concepts mixed. After the four years that I initially planned the legendaries "event" I have some ideas that I liked a lot. A little preview: this will use a new place called Temple and the legendary items (Rainbow Feather, Jade Orb, Adamant Orb, Dark Stone, among others).

Thanks for the great feedback!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I was wondering how you evolve Pokemons who need to get traded in order to evolve ( like Scyther) and where you find the Eveloutionstones ( like Thunderstone ). I also wonder why all bought Pokemons are so ******? My Sandile for instance always has a modest nature along with intimidate , even resetting doesnt help , same with Litwick it always has adamant nature ... Would be cool if they asked you what nature you want .The game idea is really cool but its kind of too easy... all I face is Lv.8-9 Pokemons while mine is Lv.17. And I didnt even use the 3x Rarecandies

Anyways continue to make this game awesome !

PS: Where the hell do you find Scyther ._. And does Ferrothorn learn things like Leech Seed and Stealth Rock with level up. Does it even have a passive since it doesnt show me one LOL? Normally you need to breed which I have no idea of.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I also wonder why all bought Pokemons are so ******? My Sandile for instance always has a modest nature along with intimidate , even resetting doesnt help

Resetting is the KEY here.
It takes a lot of resetting to get good natures (Sometimes not. And it will take even more resets when you get to buy legendaries.)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I was wondering how you evolve Pokemons who need to get traded in order to evolve ( like Scyther) and where you find the Eveloutionstones ( like Thunderstone ). I also wonder why all bought Pokemons are so ******? My Sandile for instance always has a modest nature along with intimidate , even resetting doesnt help , same with Litwick it always has adamant nature ... Would be cool if they asked you what nature you want .The game idea is really cool but its kind of too easy... all I face is Lv.8-9 Pokemons while mine is Lv.17. And I didnt even use the 3x Rarecandies

Anyways continue to make this game awesome !

PS: Where the hell do you find Scyther ._. And does Ferrothorn learn things like Leech Seed and Stealth Rock with level up. Does it even have a passive since it doesnt show me one LOL? Normally you need to breed which I have no idea of.
Use Link Stone when Scyther is holding a Metal Coat. This stone (and the others too) can be found at Pokémon Market when you have rank 9. For getting the right nature, follow the nemesish tip. Remember that this game only have Generation 3 Abilities.

Do you thinks that the game is easy? Try the highest ranks. At the Double Colosseum, the battles level increases faster.

Scyther can be found at Beach, but is rare. Ferrothorn can only learn Leech Seed by breeding and Stealth Rock is by TM76.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Higuys i'm new here, been playing the game for quite a while and it has been really fun so far!!! However i tried using the move 'retaliate' and the text just skipped past, without damaging the opponent. Just wondering is it a glitch?
At the rooftop of the item store these is a plump boy speaking in Portuguese as well...
Also, i'm kinda stuck with my pokedex because the scientist at the lab always gives me info like 'whismur can be obtained by breeding loudred' 'tyrannitar can be obtained by levelling pupitar up'. These are good info but i can't use them if i can't get the pokemon in the first place, in this case loudred and pupitar. These are just examples but i was just wondering maybe we can reset the pokemon the scientists tells us so that it is easier to find more pokemon, just like how we need to go somewhere else before we can challenge the people in the arena again.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Higuys i'm new here, been playing the game for quite a while and it has been really fun so far!!! However i tried using the move 'retaliate' and the text just skipped past, without damaging the opponent. Just wondering is it a glitch?
At the rooftop of the item store these is a plump boy speaking in Portuguese as well...
Also, i'm kinda stuck with my pokedex because the scientist at the lab always gives me info like 'whismur can be obtained by breeding loudred' 'tyrannitar can be obtained by levelling pupitar up'. These are good info but i can't use them if i can't get the pokemon in the first place, in this case loudred and pupitar. These are just examples but i was just wondering maybe we can reset the pokemon the scientists tells us so that it is easier to find more pokemon, just like how we need to go somewhere else before we can challenge the people in the arena again.

Thanks for the two error reports and for your suggestion!

Resetting will make some players: Abuse of this system, just checking this too many times or write down some important locations (this annoys others players who didn't like of write down).

A solution better than a reset: Add more pokémon to be said at once. At versions 1.1 and 1.2, for every 30 pokémon caught the scientist said one more pokémon, stopping at 20 pokémon. I make this system to informs a good number of pokémon at once for this problem that you had. Doing this, for example, the scientist must show Pupitar/Loudred areas and obtaining these pokémon will "free" one more location.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for the two error reports and for your suggestion!

Resetting will make some players: Abuse of this system, just checking this too many times or write down some important locations (this annoys others players who didn't like of write down).

A solution better than a reset: Add more pokémon to be said at once. At versions 1.1 and 1.2, for every 30 pokémon caught the scientist said one more pokémon, stopping at 20 pokémon. I make this system to informs a good number of pokémon at once for this problem that you had. Doing this, for example, the scientist must show Pupitar/Loudred areas and obtaining these pokémon will "free" one more location.

Oh i see... i've realised that in the game corner, the slots machine are all in Portuguese as well :D

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
VERSION 1.2e WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!

Oh i see... i've realised that in the game corner, the slots machine are all in Portuguese as well :D
Thanks for the report. Fixed at 1.2e!

EnderSky

Ender
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Hey! I'm a YouTuber who's making a series on your game. I was wondering if there's a PC in it? I would appreciate a reply. Thanks ^^

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hey! I'm a YouTuber who's making a series on your game. I was wondering if there's a PC in it? I would appreciate a reply. Thanks ^^
Pokémon Storage (next to PokéCenter) for pokémon storage and player house wardrobe (the house with blue roof) for item storage.

BTW, very nice your blind nuzlocke series. Since Island haven't many areas like official games, some NPC will sugest to catch the three/four first pokémon at each area for a nuzlocke challenge.

EnderSky

Ender
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Originally Posted by FL
Pokémon Storage (next to PokéCenter) for pokémon storage and player house wardrobe (the house with blue roof) for item storage.

BTW, very nice your blind nuzlocke series. Since Island haven't many areas like official games, some NPC will sugest to catch the three/four first pokémon at each area for a nuzlocke challenge.

Thanks! I'll also appreciate if you could spread the word ^^ But anyways, I'll remember this :P

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Question:
Can the Prism Scale be gotten through Pickup? If not, how? by catching Feebas?
Yes (levels 71-90). This also can be found on ground at Sea or as a Underground Treasure (at shining points). These two last ways are the easier ones.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
I have a question

will pokemon from X and Y be added in future versions? Since Pokemon showdown had 2D sprites of 6th gen pokemon

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Is Black Flute working properly? I come across wild pokemon literally 4 steps after using it.

Back