• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more popular by now.. Its a very solid release. good job good luck on any future releases.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Hi. Thank you very much for the game. It's awesome. I have 2 questions:
1. How can I evolve my Budew if there aren't day and night? It's LV38 already and I have taken good care of it. I think that the happiness stuff is OK. Furthermore, is there a character which can tell me how happy my pokemon is, so I can check it?
2. Where can I find the move tutor?
Thanks a lot.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Hello, I managed to finish the game! I'm at rank 18/X... However i can't find Arceus! I thought that I could buy it when I finished rank 17 but it isn't there! Could you tell me where I can get it?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
This game has a few very interesting concepts and its very ambitious in its reach and breadth, trying to create new ideas while getting rid of some hasslesome points the originals were (and are) plagued with, so overall congratulations to the author for the progress thus far.

However, I felt the experience is marred somewhat by strange and sometimes senseless usage of English; as much as the game isn't text heavy, whatever little text remains can (and should) be improved.

It should be kept in mind that phrasal forms that make sense in Portuguese do not necessarily follow suit in English and ought to be
looked over and refined (one simple example is the newbie guide outside the laboratory - "Its a novice" is a literal translation and makes no sense in the given context.

Other than that, I wish the author all the best and hope for the continued success of this project. It has the potential to set a new quality paradigm as far as Pokemon fan games go.
I know about the phrasal forms differences, but some sentense that I translate wrong and sound so obvious to native speakers I can't easily detect (at least now). This is a very hard thing to do alone, so I requested to people tell me where I made grammatical erros or submit better translation.

I'm surprised this game hasn't gotten more popular by now.. Its a very solid release. good job good luck on any future releases.
Me too. I have some theories about this.

Hi. Thank you very much for the game. It's awesome. I have 2 questions:
1. How can I evolve my Budew if there aren't day and night? It's LV38 already and I have taken good care of it. I think that the happiness stuff is OK. Furthermore, is there a character which can tell me how happy my pokemon is, so I can check it?
2. Where can I find the move tutor?
Thanks a lot.
1-Budew evolve by Happiness (day or night) or using the item Sun Shard, you can find it in Pokémon Mart with minimum Rank Lv9. The person telling happiness in on Pokémon Center with minimum Rank Lv6.
2-The Move Tutor moves can be found in TMs. The Move Relearner and Move Deleter can be found in this house (top/left on picture):
islandfoto22.png

Hello, I managed to finish the game! I'm at rank 18/X... However i can't find Arceus! I thought that I could buy it when I finished rank 17 but it isn't there! Could you tell me where I can get it?
Wow!
Get at least 600 pokémon in pokédex before try to get Arceus.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
this sounds like a really interesting concept!
boiling it down to the core mechanics.
the ability to catch every single pokemon in one game is a huge draw for the completionist in me.

massive congrats on actually managing to finish it, it's a rare sight.

downloading now. ill give impressions later.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
While the language barrier is understandable, most if not all of the phrasing could be improved. As Blazing Flare said, the often very literal translations make little to no sense to a native speaker. Using the example previously brought up "Its a novice" should be changed to, "Are you new here?" or "Are you a new trainer perhaps?". If you would like, I wouldn't mind helping with the issue. If not, I'll just note what I notice and suggest something that I feel is more correct considering the context.

Other than the language barrier; I can say that I am enjoying your work so far. Visually, its impressive. I've noticed no misplaced spacing, or oddly shaped areas. At some points the transition between tiles happens slowly or in some cases too quickly. Though that may just be my computer.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Ah, forgot to add,
The music is a wonderful touch... Super Mario Sunshine.. Delfino plaza for the beach if I remember correctly?

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
I love this game!!!! :) Does anyone know how to get squirtle? I want mudkip so bad :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
Okay i've been searching all around how do i get a water stone? And the linkstone i think its called to evolve my kadabra.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
I've got a strange problem. Besides the text in English having a few issues itself(I may be Portuguese but I don't like playing in Portuguese) it appears all bunched together with no spaces or anything

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
How do you change the controls?

At first glance I'd say the default controls cannot be changed, although the level of interface customization in this hack is not something commonly seen and that alone is a big plus.

I'd like to ask the author what the EV mechanic is in this hack.
Does it follow the Gen 5 mechanic (battle by battle processing) or the mechanic of the previous gen (long term processing)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Though as I have stated before(I don't know if this is correct in all the other computers). The text is too bunched up. A normal sentence in the game is setup like "WelcomeTrainer.FancyaChallenge" And frankly it hurts my eyes and head just to read like that

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
While the language barrier is understandable, most if not all of the phrasing could be improved. As Blazing Flare said, the often very literal translations make little to no sense to a native speaker. Using the example previously brought up "Its a novice" should be changed to, "Are you new here?" or "Are you a new trainer perhaps?". If you would like, I wouldn't mind helping with the issue. If not, I'll just note what I notice and suggest something that I feel is more correct considering the context.

Other than the language barrier; I can say that I am enjoying your work so far. Visually, its impressive. I've noticed no misplaced spacing, or oddly shaped areas. At some points the transition between tiles happens slowly or in some cases too quickly. Though that may just be my computer.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Ah, forgot to add,
The music is a wonderful touch... Super Mario Sunshine.. Delfino plaza for the beach if I remember correctly?
I really appreciate if you can help me with better sentenses.
And you are almost correct in music. Delfino Plaza for the Teleport Station.

I love this game!!!! :) Does anyone know how to get squirtle? I want mudkip so bad :P
Wild in Valley.

Okay i've been searching all around how do i get a water stone? And the linkstone i think its called to evolve my kadabra.
Both can be found in Pokémon Market (Rank 9 required).

I've got a strange problem. Besides the text in English having a few issues itself(I may be Portuguese but I don't like playing in Portuguese) it appears all bunched together with no spaces or anything
Some people had this problem when using the DP font. Just try another font.
Side note: The menus, attacks, abilities and some other stuff are in english in both language options.

This game looks great! I have one question. Is there like a plot or something you have to to do to complete a main storyline?
Yes, you can beat the game. And this happens before you reach in the last Rank.

How do you change the controls?
F1. But this is limited and a little confused.

I'd like to ask the author what the EV mechanic is in this hack.
Does it follow the Gen 5 mechanic (battle by battle processing) or the mechanic of the previous gen (long term processing)?
Yes! I even manually put the Power Items (like Power Bracer) effect. Latter in game there a way to see the exact EV and IV of your pokémon.
I don't understand your second question, but I guess that is the second option.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
A Question:

Does it have or at least is planed pokemon having different forms? like Kuryem and Keldeo

Suggestion :
A thing that i see that portable games never had was the Crystall Onix and the Shadow Lugia

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
How do i get a motor drive to evolve my electabuzz i cant find it anywhere.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Though as I have stated before(I don't know if this is correct in all the other computers). The text is too bunched up. A normal sentence in the game is setup like "WelcomeTrainer.FancyaChallenge" And frankly it hurts my eyes and head just to read like that

If you're using the DP-Font, switch to another. It fixed that problem for me.

EDIT: And it was mentioned this is NOT a hack. It is made with RPGMaker XP (thats the name I think), so i dont think it is correct to call it a hack. Just call it a "fan-game".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
On the northern side of the town is a house with a blue roof (the one in the north-western corner I believe). You can talk to the wardrobe in there (the thing next to the bookcase) and store your items in there.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
A Question:

Does it have or at least is planed pokemon having different forms? like Kuryem and Keldeo

Suggestion :
A thing that i see that portable games never had was the Crystall Onix and the Shadow Lugia
Yes! You can have several pokémon with different forms like Shaymin, Basculin and Sawsbuck.

Unfortunately, this game hasn't any BW2 content (at least in version 1.1). But probably I will put on version 1.2.

About your sugestion: After some days that I release the game I have great ideas about these things.

How do i get a motor drive to evolve my electabuzz i cant find it anywhere.
You can find Electirizer (Motor Drive is an Ability XD) in Wild Elekids (they have a 50% change to have it) or in Underground.

can I change rotom here?

and where can I store my Items?
Yes! And Rotom forms have type changes like Gen V. To change it form, find the Depot Key.

Back