• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
First of JPAN thanks for making this. This is one of the best things I've ever seen.

I've been hacking over the months slowly going town by town and now as I reach the area of the S.S. Anne I notice the ship isn't there.

Do we need ASM to get the ship back at the port or there's a certain flag that would activate it?

Thanks for ur input.

droomph

weeb
Years
First of JPAN thanks for making this. This is one of the best things I've ever seen.

I've been hacking over the months slowly going town by town and now as I reach the area of the S.S. Anne I notice the ship isn't there.

Do we need ASM to get the ship back at the port or there's a certain flag that would activate it?

Thanks for ur input.
Just unset the visibility flag of the sprite, which should be $0087.
The patch stops all wild pokemon appearing, how do I re-activate this.
Check the Behavior Byte script; check if Special 0xAB is missing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
hi, I have a question. Is it normal that after I have import the engine that the events are deleted and no person are in the maps? So every event is missing. Is that normal?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
I was woundering if you could clarify making an item activate a script. cuz all I can make an item do is a simple script such as warp, but I want to do alot more than that. any advice?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I was woundering if you could clarify making an item activate a script. cuz all I can make an item do is a simple script such as warp, but I want to do alot more than that. any advice?

The item can execute literally any script you give it. It doesn't need to just warp. If you wanted it to, you could make it give you a Pokémon, or battle a trainer, or any other such things which come with scripting. The ASM only takes care of actually calling the script - the script you want to use is left for you to make with scripting tools.

hi, I have a question. Is it normal that after I have import the engine that the events are deleted and no person are in the maps? So every event is missing. Is that normal?

Yes.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
The item can execute literally any script you give it. It doesn't need to just warp. If you wanted it to, you could make it give you a Pokémon, or battle a trainer, or any other such things which come with scripting. The ASM only takes care of actually calling the script - the script you want to use is left for you to make with scripting tools.

Yes.

Well yeah I some what understand that. so I was woundering if you could like simplify how to the ASM would work then.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Awsomeness, this wiill help fr hackers lkike me! One question: after applying the patch, ami free to edit my rom and your patch still will work?

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Hello everybody.
Could someone explain how Special 0x18b [Fossil commands] work?

I inserted it in the rom, but not work.

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
I know this might sound ridiculously needy but can someone who knows what they are doing with this help me get it set up?

Skype - Jabberjabber8

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
I know this might sound ridiculously needy but can someone who knows what they are doing with this help me get it set up?

Skype - Jabberjabber8

Well, I know you can always just use the patch. Get Lunar IPS and a clean firered and apply the patch to your firered and your done.

F1r3k1ng

Dragon Trainer
Years
This is brilliant, it will help a lot considering I just started developing a new hack, gotta learn all the scripting stuff first, but still, this is brilliant :) Massive thanks :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
However awesome it may be, it seems very complicated though, I don't think I really understand the method. Do I need to patch my Fire Red rom first?

If I understand correctly I can, after applying the patch, easily change my hero overworldsprite mid-game by just using this simple script:
#org @start
Setvar 0x4054 0x107
Setvar 0x4055 0x108
Setvar 0x4056 0x109
Setvar 0x4057 0x10a
Setvar 0x4058 0x10b
Setvar 0x4059 0x10c
End

However, what are the 0x107, 0x108, 0x109 etc? I can't seem to find that part explained. Also, I've been taught that when I use setvar, I use variables higher than 4000. That doesnt seem possible anymore then apparently.

Help with this is much appreciated!

Haru~

Can't resist the chubbiness :3
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Loving the hacked engine! ;)
I've already created battle frontier like events and all.

But I've found one quirk with the item scripts hack...
When you register and then use a key item(from the OW screen) that has the hack, it keeps fading in and out, it never ends.

Am I the only who has problems with this?

PS: The script itself is fine when I use it inside my bag.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
But I've found one quirk with the item scripts hack...
When you register and then use a key item(from the OW screen) that has the hack, it keeps fading in and out, it never ends.

Am I the only who has problems with this?

PS: The script itself is fine when I use it inside my bag.

JPAN explicitly stated that you can't register items created using his method (in the Items thread, If I remember correctly).

Back