• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Alright so I just bought a Game Genie at an Antique Store for the gameboy and there are specific Game Genie Codes that I am looking for-
1 Rare Candies.
2 Wild Pokemon Generator.
3 Master Balls.
That's all I'm looking for at the moment and jeep in mind that I have 0 badges at the moment.

You'll have to resort to Google for this, I'm afraid. :( The rules here don't allow distribution of cheat codes. Sorry! But considering how old these codes are, I'm positive you'll be able to find a reliable source very easily.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
can i trade from gold to ruby????????????? please i foung my old mons from like when i was a kid and i love them to bits and wat em for my new games
No you can't. Just use a GBA gameshark and hack those Pokemon onto Ruby. That's what I would do.

You'll have to resort to Google for this, I'm afraid. :( The rules here don't allow distribution of cheat codes. Sorry! But considering how old these codes are, I'm positive you'll be able to find a reliable source very easily.
Can you at least put links to reliable website on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
No you can't. Just use a GBA gameshark and hack those Pokemon onto Ruby. That's what I would do.

Can you at least put links to reliable website on here?
As mentioned before, it's against our forum-wide rules to discuss, link to or distribute illegal materials.
The Pokecommunity Rules said:
Do not distribute illegal content. (4 pts / 4 mths)
The community does not allow discussion of illegal materials - this includes the unauthorized distribution of TV shows, movies, video games (including video game disc or ROM images), music, or software. You may not discuss how to obtain these materials, upload them to the PokéCommunity, or link to other web sites containing these materials.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I have two questions.

1.) I have noticed, the Pikachu starter from Yellow, when you trade him onto Red or Blue, evolve him and trade him back onto Yellow he no longer follows you around. Why is that? I mean, even though it's Raichu, not Pikachu anymore, it evolved from the Pikachu starter on Yellow. So, shouldn't it be still following you around?

2.) Why is it, the English Red, Blue and Yellow don't come with the pull out poster of the Town Map? I know they don't. I bought mine brand new and factory sealed and mine didn't come with the Town Map. Why is that?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have two questions.

1.) I have noticed, the Pikachu starter from Yellow, when you trade him onto Red or Blue, evolve him and trade him back onto Yellow he no longer follows you around. Why is that? I mean, even though it's Raichu, not Pikachu anymore, it evolved from the Pikachu starter on Yellow. So, shouldn't it be still following you around?

2.) Why is it, the English Red, Blue and Yellow don't come with the pull out poster of the Town Map? I know they don't. I bought mine brand new and factory sealed and mine didn't come with the Town Map. Why is that?

Because a following Raichu isn't programmed in the Special Yellow version, thus no Raichu is following you around. Additionally Ash's Pikachu hasn't evolved in the anime series and the game is partly based on Ash's Kanto saga.

Spoiler:

I believe the Town Map Poster is a Japanese version exclusive item. But I cannot verify that part, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ok so I need team help for Silver. Current team:

Meganium
Xatu
Ampharos
Azumarill

Who else would be good to add?

I noticed they are all Special based attackers.
I would suggest Tauros, Miltank and Teddiursa (only available for Japanese Silver) for physical coverage. :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Looks like I am going with Tauros on this one! Now my last option was Phanpy/Donphan. Will that be any good to use?

Donphan learns Earthquake at late Lv.40. While its level up moveset iant tht impressive, it's Egg Moves like Ancient Power and Body Slam are neat. Though I believe you don't have the time to waste on breeding.

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/231/learnsets/gsc/

That's a list of Phanpy moves learnable moveset. If you are fine with Donphan for Earthquake, Double-Edge, Rollout and a filler move. Then so be it.~

Note that you'll be locked on Rollout, it doesn't have a perfect accuracy and it isn't that strong to begin with.

Years
Donphan learns Earthquake at late Lv.40. While its level up moveset iant tht impressive, it's Egg Moves like Ancient Power and Body Slam are neat. Though I believe you don't have the time to waste on breeding.

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/231/learnsets/gsc/

That's a list of Phanpy moves learnable moveset. If you are fine with Donphan for Earthquake, Double-Edge, Rollout and a filler move. Then so be it.~

Note that you'll be locked on Rollout, it doesn't have a perfect accuracy and it isn't that strong to begin with.

Yup yup. Can't wait to get there and have my own Donphan. (Never used one in my playthroughs).

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I was wondering about a Pokemon Yellow glitch I once did. I forgot how to do it and I can't find it at all online. It's a glitch called, 'Run Away Pikachu' where you do something or another and Pikachu's supposed to go nuts and start running across the screen. Anyone know how to pull this off?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I was wondering about a Pokemon Yellow glitch I once did. I forgot how to do it and I can't find it at all online. It's a glitch called, 'Run Away Pikachu' where you do something or another and Pikachu's supposed to go nuts and start running across the screen. Anyone know how to pull this off?

Hmm, interesting I haven't heard of this, let alone see it! I wonder if that was listed in Bulbapedia? If there's anything that resembles that glitch, you need to leave Pikachu behind a ledge. Then Pikachu act funny, but mine isn't a glitch.

Let me ask an expert on Special Yellow version.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018

Not sure if there's any other glitches that cause this, but I know that going to Glitch City causes Pikachu to do that:

In Pokémon Yellow, Glitch City has a profound effect on Pikachu's overworld AI, causing it to run to and from random places. Walking onto certain glitched tiles also make it disappear, though after the player leaves such tiles, Pikachu will reappear and follow the player's recorded path.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
Few Questions - Need Help

Playing through browser (playr.org). PLEASE HELP, if I don't get help soon I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue playing

1. So.. crystal runs off real time huh? It's currently Sunday on my game, so in order to go to the National Bug Catching Comp, I'd have to play for 48 hours+... This is just insane. Is there a way I can change time? I tried doing it through the main menu code + password entering, but it says my password is wrong even though it isn't. I think it's because I'm not able to return to the main menu through playr.org without reloading the page (or at least this is what I think, can you actually?), and therefore isn't recognizing my character/ save. This time problem is game-breaking IMO, as there are many things I'm never going to be able to do until dozens of hours of gameplay.

2. Since the best pokemon for electric in this version is Electrabuzz, I was hoping to get an Elekid from the old egg I got from the daycare center. Well, I didn't. What I tried to do was save right before it hatched, and return to the save and have it hatch again. Unfortunately, I think the pokemon I get is determined the moment he gives me the egg. Am I screwed?

3. I don't think I'm able (or at least I'm not sure how) to trade. I need a friend to connect to my device with that cable, but obviously I can't do that since I'm playing this game through the PC and not a device. Is there a different way to trade? I won't be able to get a few evolved pokemon that I was wanting because of this problem.

Thank you very much

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Let's rank each Gen 4 Pokemon by appearence

So we can try and stop making threads related to who is the ugliest or the coolest-looking Pokemon, we should have a rank list. This is subjective as hell, so beware.

This is only for fully-evolved Pokemon. Also note that this thread is not what you should base your Pokemon team on and power is always better than design.

Discuss each Pokemon, everything's free to change except for Rhyperior and Weavile lol.

S rank:

• Honchkrow
  • Rampardos
  • Weavile
  • Yanmega

A+ rank:

• Cresselia
  • Darkrai
  • Drapion
  • Floatzel
  • Gallade
  • Garchomp
  • Giratina-O
  • Rhyperior
  • Vespiquen

A rank:

• Abomasnow
  • Dialga
  • Gliscor
  • Kricketune
  • Infernape
  • Toxicroak
  • Torterra

A- rank:

• Dusknoir
  • Froslass
  • Heatran
  • Lumineon
  • Mismagius
  • Palkia
  • Roserade
  • Spiritomb
  • Staraptor

B+ rank:

• Drifblim
  • Empoleon
  • Hippowdon
  • Lopunny
  • Luxray
  • Mamoswine
  • Rotom-Heat
  • Shaymin-Sky

B rank:

• Chatot
  • Lucario
  • Mothim
  • Phione
  • Porygon-Z
  • Rotom
  • Rotom-Frost
  • Rotom-Mow
  • Manaphy

B- rank:

• Bronzong
  • Cherrim
  • Leafeon
  • Lickilicky
  • Glaceon
  • Togekiss
C+ rank:

• Azelf
  • Bibarel
  • Giratina-Altered
  • Pachirisu
  • Purugly
  • Rotom-Fan
  • Shaymin

C rank:

• Gastrodon
  • Magnezone
  • Mesprit
  • Probopass
  • Uxie
  • Wormadam-Plant

C- rank:

• Bastiodon
  • Carnivine
  • Magmortar
  • Rotom-Wash
  • Wormadam-Sandy

D rank:

• Ambipom
  • Arceus
  • Regigigas
  • Wormadam-Trash

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
1- Sadly I don't use playr except once, so I have no idea how to reset etc on it. I've also never done the time reset or whatever thing, so I can't help much on this one, sorry.

2- Yeah an egg is determined when you get it. Like you said- You're screwed here.

3- I don't know about playr.org, but I know there's only a few paid for emulators that allow trade, so I guess you can't. If you really badly want to evolve a trade evo, you might have to resort to cheats if you can use them on there.

Like I said, sorry but I don't use playr so I don't know how to use it properly.....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Restarting the Adventure: Advice required on what to purchase, how to progress

Hey there,

I just rediscovered my interest in this world (Pokemon) and I am looking for the best way forward.

Once a proud owner of Yellow, Red, Blue, Gold and Silver, I am no longer in possession of any of the games. I am looking to acquire all of the releases from the first till last, but I require some help.

1) Is there a particular console I can buy which allows me to play all of the releases, from Y/B/R, up until the latest release?

2) If not, will I need to buy a GB Advance or even 2, + a Link Cable, in order to trade and evolve?

3) Is it still possible to trade and transfer Pokemon from release to release? Since I don't have any of the games, it doesn't matter... but I would hate to finish Crystal only to find that I can't transfer anything.

4) As for the remakes, should I purchase them over the originals? For example, is there any point in buying Gold/Silver over HeartGold/SoulSilver? Same goes for Blue/Red over FireRed/LeafGreen.

Hope this isn't too long winded.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
You can't transfer anything from gen 1-2 to 3 onwards, everything else you can send forward but I think for gen 5 to 6 you have to use Pokebank, which you have to pay for...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
You can't transfer anything from gen 1-2 to 3 onwards, everything else you can send forward but I think for gen 5 to 6 you have to use Pokebank, which you have to pay for...

Thanks for replying.

I see, so you can't transfer forward after Crystal, is that right? Does that mean I can't catch some/all of the Pokemon from Crystal and before in any of the later releases? As in, no legendary birds or dogs, or Ho-Oh or Lugia + the regulars.

Also, any ideas regarding other questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back