• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice!

ChristianHulk

ChristianHulk
Years
So I'm thinking of buying a couple of trainer boxes. How can you tell if the cards can be put in the TCG and do I get to play with the whole box or just a few of the cards if they come with a code. Inhave been looking at the phantom forces trainer box and the furry fists trainer box as well as the xy primal clash and the xy ancient origins. Also where should I buy them from??

Years
Alright, so before I ask any other questions, I need an answer to this:

So I'm thinking of buying a couple of trainer boxes.
To make sure I know which products you're talking about, what do these trainer boxes look like? I think I have an idea, but I want to confirm before going forward, since I want to give you the most accurate information I have on them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
All of the elite trainer boxes that are xy on have cards that can be used in standard format. The only card that you can't use is Lysandre's Trump Card from Phantom Forces.

Most of them can be bought at Walmart or Target, they are 40 dollars and contain sleeves which you use when playing in tournaments, as well as a clear die, which you have to use in official tournaments. They also have a lot of energies and some dice that can be used as damage counters. There's also a full set checklist with pictures of each card.

Each box has 8 packs from the set, each pack has a code card that lets you unlock an online pack on the tcgo. There's also a code card to get the sleeves from the box on the tcgo I believe.

The only major difference is each one is based on a Pokemon theme, you have Xerneas, Yveltal, M Lucario, M Gengar, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, M Rayquaza or Hoopa.

Last edited:

ChristianHulk

ChristianHulk
Years
Ok so question then do I get the full art of the Pokemon on the boxes or better yet is it worth buying them At all. Let's keep in mind though I want to collect physical cards also and have non at the current moment.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 22, 2015
I would suggest buying the Mega Gengar Elite Trainer Box, because phantom forces has a lot of cards that are good for starting players, like Enhanced Hammer, Battle Compressor, Shauna, Prof. Sycamore, and VS Seeker.

In an Elite Trainer Box you do not get a guaranteed full art card, but with 8 packs you have a nice shot at 1 or 2 EX cards. The box also comes with 45 Energies, which is nice when you are just starting up.

Back