• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Years
Can't decide between Reuniclus and Swanna. Swanna because of the beautiful design. I love it when the Surf animation happens just as Swanna spreads its wings, it feels so majestic. And there's Reuniclus, who's somewhat durable with high HP and hits hard with Psychic.

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
Years
Zoroark easily is my favorite. Zekrom and Excadrill come close, but Zoroark has the best design out of any Gen 5 Pokémon.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
569.gif
Generation V released some of my absolute favourite Pokémon! Their designs are amazing and gave me a really fresh feel playing through Black and White for the first time. A lot of the new 'mons were constantly bashed which bugged me, I feel they were really underrated. That's where Garbador comes in! This thing actually looks awesome to me. It's a freaking out of control garbage monster, it sounds like it could be a horror film from the 90's. This thing could pass as a character from FNAF, right? It reminds me of the Captain Underpants: Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy books that I read a lot as a kid. The nostalgia is so real, stop hating on Gabador guys. Trubbish is hella cute too.​

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
It's a tie between the Hydreigon family and Cottonee family, don't you want to cuddle with these Pokémon? ^_^

Years
My favourites are Genesect and Elgyem! Genesect is such an awesome bug! He has a good backstory and the Drives are very cool! He destroyed all the competition for me in-game! I like Elgyem because of the Roswell comparison and it's pretty cute too!

Sirfetch’d

Honestly it's a tie between Vullaby/Mandibuzz and Jellicent. The first two I just adore based on looks alone. Jellicent is just the first mon from Unova that I really could say was my team's MVP. Unova had some really good mons despite not being my least favorite region :x

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
I find it really difficult to choose, because there are so many Unova Pokemon that I just love. Garbodor, Genesect, Excadrill, Stunfisk, Samurott. Braviary, Reuniclus. But if I absolutely had to choose my favourite, it would be Swanna. One reason is because of it's really adorable and graceful design. It's look very calm, majestic and regal, and I love it. Another reason is Swanna is, hands down, my favourite Pokemon to use in NU and even RU, because no one expects it. Yes, it's easy to work around, but if I can make it work it's very satisfying xD

Poisononmunips

PoisonLover
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
My Favorite Was Actually A Tie Between Vanilluxe And Garbodor I Loved Both Of Their Pre Evolutions And I Love Poison And Ice Types So Much :D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
The Gothitelle line - With no chance of getting a Ralts in either game (Bar an annoying endgame quest in B/W2 I used the Astral Body Pokemon as my go-to Psychic. In fact my Gothitelle (I named Paige) was the main player of my team.

Whimsicott - Quite possibly the cutest Pokemon ever. My favourite ever Grass Type and great fun to use in battle.

Oshawott and Dewott - I really liked the designs here. Samurott felt too much like Walrein.

Purrloin line - Finally a good cat Pokemon after the misfires of Delcatty and Purugly. Liepard is my favourite all time Dark Type.

Haxorus - Straight up an awesome looking Dragon

Golett and Golurk - My first shiny and I love his shiny colour scheme. Also it's really cool to fly on a huge golem. Sadly his normal colour scheme looks like something Dr Eggman would send after Sonic.

Last edited:
Years
But if I absolutely had to choose my favourite, it would be Swanna. One reason is because of it's really adorable and graceful design. It's look very calm, majestic and regal, and I love it. Another reason is Swanna is, hands down, my favourite Pokemon to use in NU and even RU, because no one expects it. Yes, it's easy to work around, but if I can make it work it's very satisfying xD

Ah yes I love Swanna, it's a fairly good rain abuser thanks to one of its moves, Hurricane getting boosted to 100% accuracy in the rain along with buffing up all its Water-type attacks as well. If you also happen to get one with Hydration (its hidden ability) it'll also heal any status conditions when the rain is out. In fact, I had one with a set based on this in a random battle on Showdown once and wrecked my opponent with it.

So fun when you show just how rough Water Pokemon can be when the rain is out.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Whimsicott, Lilligant, Vanilluxe, Chandelure, Cinccino, Galvantula, Zoroark and their lines.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Serperior is my all time favorite pokemon, simply because it was my first. It has a great design, decent movepool, and thanks to that hidden ability that finally came out, is competitively viable. It'll always be my favorite, but Unova holds quite a few that rival Serperior.

Gigalith, Volcarona, and Durant also make their appearance on my list. Gigalith was my first shiny, Volcarona is just a beast in competitive play, and Durant I didn't necessarily like at first, but over time has grown on me. All very good pokemon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
Im more of a VGC player so
Amoonguss
Landorus
Hydreigon
Volcarona
& Bisharp.

dsos899

Daqaroni
Years
My favorite Unova Pokemon is probably Scolipede with Beartic coming in close at second. I really love Scolipedes design so much and Beartic has an amazing one as well. Although most people wouldn't agree with me on this one but I think if used right they can be extremely powerful Pokemon and super awesome companions.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
Trubbish, Lilligant, and Whimsicott, and Bisharp. Trubbish is probably my absolute favorite, though. I can't really explain why I love it so much but I find Trubbish so endearing? I always loved it but it's probably the cute fanart of happy Trubbishes that made it my Unova fave.

And I'd like to think that if Trubbish were real, I'd be a good match with it because I have no sense of smell.

Years
Gen 5 had plenty of amazing Pokemon. So much I don't know if I should include them all. First of all, Serperior. This was my first companion in Black and White and I never chose the other starters since then. There's also Scrafty whose swag speaks for itself, also great competetively. I'm actully also a Vanilluxe's and his whole evolutionary line's fan and I don't understand hate that it gets. Then there's Ferrothorn, an ultmate stall machine, freaking adorable Tympole, freaking Frillish and its evolution that disables foe's moves left and right, majestic Gothitelle, powerful Hydreigon, freaking Bisharp, Haxorus, Excadrill, Maractus and this and that and... whew. But the best of all are Pokemon with really unique typings such as Chandelure and Volcarona. Gen 5 has just too much greatness to offer.

Years
My all time favorite 5th gen Pokemon has to be Eelektross, still.

But shout out to Zoroark being pretty bad ass and causing people to rage quit online :P

Oh and Liligant for being so pleasant looking and fun to use.

Back