• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The decision is still ultimately up to him and the Smash 4 dev team. Just because 2 particular characters get the most votes/request doesn't necessarily mean he's obligated to put those 2 in. Like, let's say that King K. Rool and Wolf get the most votes. Sakurai could still be like "lol no I'ma put in these 2 characters instead", and there's nothing anyone can really do about it.
We might get 4 of those characters in the roster after all, based on this recent famitsu interview: http://nintendoeverything.com/detai...e-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-dlc-characters-planned/

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Apr 24, 2016
What controller do you guys and gals most frequently use?

I still don't really use the touch pad for any games if I can help it. I prefer my Peach themed Wiimote :>

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

I still don't really use the touch pad for any games if I can help it. I prefer my Peach themed Wiimote :>
I use the gamepad controller on the Wii U version, because people have been criticizing it not being utilized to its full potential, and yet when games that do utilize it come out, they still refuse to use it, so I don't want to be like those people.

Years
Username: derrick95
Character Select: Shulk
What was your first Smash game?: Melee

I used Pro Controller for a while, but switched to Gamepad for a while due to the Pro not really working correctly anymore. Luckily, when I tested the Pro again a couple days ago, it worked perfectly, so back to Pro I go!

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Welcome to both of our new members. I'll add you now.

I was going to buy a gamecube controller, but I can't find a samus themed one...So I use the Wiimote mainly

Thank you.

Have you tried amazon yet?? They have all kinds of different gamecube controllers there.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Thank you.

Have you tried amazon yet?? They have all kinds of different gamecube controllers there.
Speaking of Amazon, Palutena amiibos are to be exclusive to that site, and I was too late to buy one, because I didn't know it was starting on the day I heard the news. I should've bought that Japan import from the Comic Con when I had the chance.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Why would Palutena amiibos (or any amiibo really) be exclusive to Amazon or any retailer though?

TravelerTrainer15

Username: NumberOnett (why? You can see just above this post, can't you?)
Character Select: Ness bae~
What was your first Smash game?: Smash 4. Knew next to nothing about the series before that.

Years
Welcome! I'll add you now!

I was stunned that Palutena was an Amazon exclusive...no luck in getting her at all. Saturday, I am going attempt to spring for that retro 3 pack.

How's everyone enjoyong Roy and Ryu? (If you bought them)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I haven't gotten them yet, but my boyfriend did. It's so coincidental that his name is Roy and he's maining as DLC Roy. He's pretty powerful, I watched him play a few matches with him.

I'm more interested in the Splatoon mii add-ons though!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I enjoy using Roy and Ryu. Roy plays a lot better than Marth and Lucina, which is surprising, as he use to be an inferior Marth clone back in Melee. Ryu is fun to use, but I can't seem to win often as him in Free-For-All matches.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Username: Kameken
Character Select: Palutena
What was your first Smash game?: Melee. My family had an N64 when the original came out, but didn't got it until long after.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I enjoy using Roy and Ryu. Roy plays a lot better than Marth and Lucina, which is surprising, as he use to be an inferior Marth clone back in Melee. Ryu is fun to use, but I can't seem to win often as him in Free-For-All matches.
Roy is still inferior to Marth.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
And yet /r/smashbros' tier list says otherwise, unless you're talking about the Japanese tier list.
Reddit's Smash tier list is a crap community voted list that goes by online experience and word of mouth which is often wrong. (Look how long it took for everyone to realize Meta Knight isn't awful)

1) Ever since the the DLC Marth has been doing way better than Roy in tournament results
2) There is no top tier matchup that Roy does better than Marth.

Roy is mediocre.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's this term I heard once or twice from Smashboards yesterday called "the bottom five," which consists of Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Palutena, and Mewtwo. I could understand Zelda, Samus, and Palutena (if you're using her default moveset), and I thought Mewtwo was improved from Melee and people are only saying he's bad because ZeRo said so, until I saw this video. But Ganondorf is the king of disrespects, as shown by Alpharad and Little Z's video montages of him, so he's far from one of the worst.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
People consider Ganondorf bottom 5? I know the guy has some serious flaws but I wouldn't consider him bottom tier, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

But yeah, Mewtwo has some hitbox/animations issues like Samus does and pre-1.0.4 Meta Knight did. Pretty sure there's still some minor hitbox/animation issues amongst the cast to this day. Being large but really light sucks too. Dunno why in that video though they showed Marth, Roy, Ganon, and Sheik killing him. They can do that. Mewtwo's really light and tipper/hilter Fsmash is no joke. Tipper Fmash kills you like 80% center stage yo. Ganondorf's Utilt takes a century to come up because it's that powerful. Sheik Fair chains to Bouncing Fish kills is a thing too.

Is that Groose's theme in the video though? {XD}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back