• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I quite like bits of it, but where does stealing pokemon from the tournament play into the team's plan?

Also please lets not call them team chaos

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
I quite like bits of it, but where does stealing pokemon from the tournament play into the team's plan?

Hmmm... Maybe to become stronger so they will have an easier job at catching celebi

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
This is my idea for dialouge. Mind you, it ends before you ener the arena:

Spoiler:

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
This is my idea for dialouge. Mind you, it ends before you ener the arena:

Spoiler:

I like your dialogue better then mine :)
But what do you think about my idea of the evil team?

Years

The evil team may not like that Pokemon are used in battles, so they attack the battle league and take everyone's pokemon in an attempt to "free" them maybe

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your dialogue looks good, Tiki. I like where its going!

We're still waiting on Anonyboy and Trenhoj :/ If they don't reply today we should start mapping without them and use vanilla tiles / a ROM base that does the job.

In the mean time, perhaps we could sketch/draft/plan these maps? That way we're not sitting waiting. The main maps we have are: Tournament Site, Stadium/Arena, "Route 1" (whether thats what we're calling it or not).

If you can provide an explanation with your sketches and we'll take the best bits and merge them together :).

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
Your dialogue looks good, Tiki. I like where its going!

We're still waiting on Anonyboy and Trenhoj :/ If they don't reply today we should start mapping without them and use vanilla tiles / a ROM base that does the job.

In the mean time, perhaps we could sketch/draft/plan these maps? That way we're not sitting waiting. The main maps we have are: Tournament Site, Stadium/Arena, "Route 1" (whether thats what we're calling it or not).

If you can provide an explanation with your sketches and we'll take the best bits and merge them together :).

As the tournament site I was thinking about an island were you only can get by boat. And if you get off the boat you will see some kind of victory road that evantually will lead you to the arena.
thats how I see it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
As the tournament site I was thinking about an island were you only can get by boat. And if you get off the boat you will see some kind of victory road that evantually will lead you to the arena.
thats how I see it.

We're only talking about mapping one 'town', the tournament site, and one route. Also (unless anyone is providing another mockup) this is the general layout of the region, with the tournament site being somewhere on the middle island.

twoMfL4.png

We don't need to think about victory road for now unless it is becoming 'Route 1', which would actually make sense. We don't have to have a tournament site surrounded by crazy strong pokemon afterall. We want to start at the tournament site directly, really.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 25, 2023
thats how I see it.

I thought we were starting at the tournament site, it might be confusing if the player has to travel a distance to get to the tournament.. I thought the boat idea was for between other islands.

Edit: ninja'd by Mana

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
I thought we were starting at the tournament site, it might be confusing if the player has to travel a distance to get to the tournament.. I thought the boat idea was for between other islands.

that's not what I mean. The game actually starts on the moment he already is on the tournament site. He doesn't have to travel to it. But if he has all his pokemon back I guess the player is going to that tournament site again to claim his title.

sorry if my english is a bit weird its not my native language :(

Last edited by a moderator:

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
I just figured I might want to mention this. I see every comment u guys make on my email, so if I'm inactive for some days, I read and know what's going on.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Is anyone doing anything? :) Trenhoj VM'd to say they're going to start working (or at least talking) about maps.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Three days to the deadline now. If we don't get some maps sorted this is going to come to an abrupt end :<.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I got more busy than I had hoped. Sorry about that. Well, since it's a fair assumption that the others are a no show, I'll be willing to map the first few maps in here. :) I just need someone to direct me to some tiles to insert for the colosseum.

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
I got more busy than I had hoped. Sorry about that. Well, since it's a fair assumption that the others are a no show, I'll be willing to map the first few maps in here. :) I just need someone to direct me to some tiles to insert for the colosseum.

I"m always online but the thing is that I only write and test. I can't do all those other things. It would really suck if this would come to an end :(

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
I've read some vague things about a tournament and a tournament island or something like that?! Why not making a place called 'Trainer Island' were skilled trainers go? It should be something like a big Battle Frontier which gradually grows in difficulty (not all LvL 5 or 50 or 100) where you can obtain both common as rare items. Something big and advanced, what a Pokémon League/Battle Frontier should have been.

Back