• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inside Out

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I saw the film last week and think it's been a long time since I saw a Disney film in the cinema. (Can't remember which film exactly). Anyway as for Inside Out I really enjoyed watching it. At some point in the film I really felt like I was holding a tear because the theme of growing out of childhood really touched me.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
"I have a Dream
I hope will come true
You are here with me
And I am here with you
I WISH THAT THE EARTH, SEA AND SKY UP ABOVE
Would send me someone to lava"

Working in a cinema seen this twice already and going to see it again this week, my fave Pixar film pretty much a lock on for Best Animated Picture... maybe a shot as Best Picture as well its that good

Years
I saw this movie the other day and am obsessed with personifying and identifying the primary emotion in everyone's heads.

Such a good movie. My favorite. Love psychology.

yessss nick <3

Working in a cinema seen this twice already and going to see it again this week, my fave Pixar film pretty much a lock on for Best Animated Picture... maybe a shot as Best Picture as well its that good

i agree, i think it's locked for best animated (competition could come from The Good Dinosaur) and has a real shot at being nommed for best pic, i think it's toy story 3/up worthy

read something interesting the other day poking at this

http://www.theawl.com/2015/07/the-pixar-theory-of-labor
okay read the whole thing and i wouldnt use the word 'interesting' - more like, close-minded, derogatory, and a hell of a stretch. the author obviouslys knows jack about storytelling

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
it's not to be taken too seriously

two handfuls of salt would go nicely with it, it's the awl

I did hope the word 'poke' would set the tone better than it obviously has

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I think I would place IO among my top 3 favorite Pixar movies. I know the film had a lot of critical acclaim and positive audience reactions, but I just wasn't aware of how personal and emotional this movie was going to be. I mean, this movie went to some dark places..and was even a little depressing at times. Pixar really delivered and this film and it's is just one of the many reasons why Pixar is king when it comes to 3D animation. :D

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I went to see it and I loved it!

For me the biggest thing I took away from it was this whole dialogue that I feel it opened up. Sadness is not something you should never feel. Sometimes you need to feel sad and it's important that you do, and remember that there are people who can and will support you. Growing up is hard, but you're not alone. In a world where mental health is more and more important, it's great to see Disney Pixar treating it as a serious thing to discuss (but in a fun way) as well. :)

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
It had a pretty clever element to it but based on the trailer I was hoping for more interactions with other people's feelings rather than focusing on the girl almost entirely like! It dragged in the middle for me, tbh.

The end hit me with heavy feels tho and I did nearly cry. Decent enough film and I guess it did a good job of putting feelings and such into a universal message for people of all ages.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
So I just watched this very recently, being the only movie in a long time that I have watched twice under 6 months(the first time was in cinemas, this new time was in some 'movie camp' thing I have going on. And no, I didn't pick this show.).

I can say this was a pretty well made animated film. So I rate it a solid 8/10.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Never has a movie made me laugh as much as this its just a shame it my sister didnt like as much but then every movie isnt for every one

Years
No chance, Home barely even had one positive review. IO was shrouded in acclaim.

I agree. While I think Home had some fun and colourful characters, I still think Pixar's good reputation might land this another Oscar nod for them. There's something about Inside Out that feels so fresh and the plot is extremely relatable to kids, especially those around the age of Riley, the main girl in the film.

It was very terrible seeing Joy trying to stop Sadness getting involved with the emotions' jobs, but as the film reaches its climax, Joy starts to realize how important Sadness really is, and hence Sadness ends up as the real hero in the end.

Back