• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

they don't really care about us

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
have you ever been a victim of prejudice or ignorance? attacked verbally or physically for something that's a part of who you are? did they get away with it? did it have a lasting impact on you?

try not to post trivial or spammy things in this thread thank you

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 24, 2019
I have been ignored countless of time in america . It may be my English.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Yes I have been a victim of that and the impact was even so big that it trigger my depression. The lasting impact is I lost all these people that I used to consider as my friends.

I have been ignored countless of time in america . It may be my English.

We're here for you! *shakes your hand*

Years
This was just the topic I needed. I had been a huge victim of bullying since my primary school days and it didn't help my brother became extremely cruel to women and started bullying me as well. It got so bad that I started suffering depression, and I had to start taking anti-depressant medication.

The impact was just so much that I had started to suffer fear of going out in public as well, because I get heavily affected by emotional impact.

Sir Codin

Yeah, I've been attacked and had my opinions ridiculed numerous times online lately because I'm white and male.

Years
I've been bullied. Even had rocks thrown at me. I was taking some shallow steps into understanding my gender identity and my high school fellows must have thought they needed to put me in my place.

I've had a fair share of verbal hate for my life choices and opinions regarding being an atheist and a vegetarian. Nothing physical though, thankfully.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
There's been people that have knocked me for being me because they can't appreciate a Vintage 1991 Chateau George. I was a terribly irritating child, to be fair. Some might say I'm a terribly irritating man and I would not argue with that! Just how I am, innit.

I actually got ridiculously good at dealing with people who were out to upset me at the age of 8, bizarrely! And my source of inspiration was even more bizarre. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_South A film I ended up watching as my family had it on a video cassette. (fuck I feel old just for typing that) I lived in a very odd bubble as a kid and never really related to people all that well as I was just shamelessly doing my own thing (I actually had a song for picking up rubbish in an art lesson for instance, and I wish I was joking), and I'd have people out to get a reaction out of me, which they often did! I wasn't ever really physically bullied or even consistently bullied, to be fair, but I wasn't ever part of any particular groups until later high school. The way I managed my tormentors as such was firstly use of reverse psychology (as learnt from that old film of all places) in primary school and I was amazed how well it worked! By merely making it known how much I enjoyed the company and teasing of these people, I noticed a marked reduction in the teasing that I had. And when I had good results from that, I think I actually started to have an interest in how people tick and how to actually get along with people well etc. And all of this somehow leads to me being the Pokémon forum dwelling 23 year old I am today.

Sorry for such a disjoint odd post.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm autistic... so you can imagine the amount ignorance I face. A lot of people seem to enjoy mocking me and saying how I can't be autistic. Like, you don't even know me. Your opinion is obviously invalid. I've been bullied for being different from others too. I've never been physically attacked or anything though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have lady parts so I think that's enough to get across any ignorance I've faced.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Yeah, I've been attacked and had my opinions ridiculed numerous times online lately because I'm white and male.

sipping%20cup.gif

Poki

Banned
Years
All the time. The bullying (both verbal, and physical) fucked me up in all kinds of ways, but it was my own fault due to the fact that I was a huge pussy back then. And yes, people still do that - they'll always point out my flaws, they'll always get in my way; The judging never stops. You either learn how to deal with it or remain that doormat everyone walks over, and repeatedly wipes their shit-stained feet on. I chose not to give a fuck. My life has drastically improved ever since.

Last edited:

Azelfino

Willpower
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
I never did have a lot in common with others from school (back when I used to go) and work.
People often attack what they do not understand or fear.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i've been treated poorly by some people in the past because of the way i used to look. i think it did have a really big impact on me and i recognized that and spent a lot of time trying to reverse it. i eventually started to realize the people who picked on me were actually pretty damaged people themselves and their words i guess had less meaning after that because i ended up pitying them

Years
i used to cry everytime when i was younger because of this, and it led me to this fucked up version of myself.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Perhaps I'm just being optimistic, but no. I don't think I've ever been targetted in any significant way other than by an angry/upset person clutching at straws.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My best friend in primary school was a guy so I remember getting made fun of because it was apparently 'wrong' to hang out with the opposite gender!

I also remember crying in preschool because a group of guys had chased, punched and teased me for being quiet and dressed weirdly.

For most of preschool and primary school I was bullied for and not limited to, my choice in friends, my shyness, the interests I had, how I dressed, my high grades... though it never did get very physical past second grade, it was something I remember spending nights thinking over and whether I should of caved in and changed myself. I didn't since I loved my friends and my collection of Hot Wheels but hey, worth it!

Come high school and its moved on from being called out for being weird to my weight. I've always been rather underweight so people tend to do a 'grab and gawk' at my wrists or tell me that I look anorexic, like skin and bones and so on.

As for all of this, I did get used to most it to the point where I could block out most of what people were saying but it can still combine with other factors like stress and anxiety to make a very huge bundle of asdfghjkl;. On its own though, I'm pretty used to it!

Back