• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
And how exactly does you playing a long time change... well, anything? I have played as long.

And I'd like to see what kind of strategy prevents you fromm being out-speeded and one-shotted. :/

NewMew

Sephiroth
Years
And how exactly does you playing a long time change... well, anything? I have played as long.

And I'd like to see what kind of strategy prevents you fromm being out-speeded and one-shotted. :/

dude! I have a little bit of advice for you. Turn off the sound. The game will run at a blazing speed, allowing you to beat wild pokemon in seconds instead of minutes. And it's not cheating just time saving. But if you are playing on a real nintendo system "That hasnt got frame skip!" then just train up pikachu and only pikachu "Ash did!" near enough every ash based battle thoughout the anime involved pikachu in some way or form.

you dont need strategy for pokemon games. Just alot of time to train up your monsters :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
you dont need strategy for pokemon games. Just alot of time to train up your monsters :P

Eh, I have done it a long time ago. I'm merely speaking for other people at this point. :P

And, in normal cases: You don't need time to train your monsters at all, just strategy. ;)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Pokémon AshGray Beta 3.0

^ It's too big to include in the attachments link, so I've used an online upload site for the ips.

Please report any bugs, glitches, or issues you have and I will try to fix them as soon as possible and release a fixed beta.

Thanks for the continued support with the game and please keep the suggestions/comments coming. :cool:

Years
Awesome! Beta 3.0 is now released. but sadly I am going to have to wait until either the bug fix version or 3.5 is out until I play it, but still it's out! I actually like this hack better than Ash's Quest now since the events are more like the anime + some extra trainer battles from FR/LG + Vs. Seeker. It makes it easier to train and looks great!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
After I defeat the Beedrill that stole Metapod, the samurai appears both in his cabin and outside it. If you talk to the "outside" samurai, he'll say nothing.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Nevermind. Pokemon Center in Vermillion. And yes I agree. Game freezes when boarding the St Anne.

Figured out how to use A-Map thru trial and error. Guess I'm smart =D. If anyone needs help just ask me!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
there is another freeze when enteriing the breeding centre. same the St Anne

Weird. The breeding center doesn't freeze for me.
I'm having problems activating the Wartortle script, though.
I have a Squirtle in my team, so there shouldn't be any problems in the script. I wonder what's wrong... Maybe it's a bug.

Here's my bug report.

Bugs that are not reported with images:

1. I can't access to New Island because talking to the current will turn all my PKMN to eggs. So, I decided to change warps and so that it will lead me directly to the New Island building.

2. However, things did go any better there. After talking to Nurse Joy (When she requests me to release the PKMN), my team got turned into eggs again. How can I battle Mewtwo with a bunch of lousy eggs? So far, these are two bugs that prevent me going further into the hack.

3. If you try and teach Bulbasaur Solarbeam in the episode - Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, it will become an egg.

Bugs that are reported with images:
Spoiler:

Suggestions: I suggest that you proofread the texts, because you have quite a lot of text errors.

Also, most of the maps (Routes, towns) are quite empty. (Fireworks said this before) I suggest you to add more trees, tall grass, bushes and flowers for routes; and more rocks, trees and flowers to fill in the towns.
Also, you may also want to rework on Ash's sprite. It looks really ugly, no offense. You may also want to work on Cassidy and Butch's OWs too.

Maybe you should do this in the bug fixed beta.

3.5/5
Originally, I'm going to give you a 4, but due to serious bugs that are preventing me to proceed, I have to decrease your mark by 0.5.

Last edited:
Back