• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Since I 'm in dubai we have launch event no pre release but the rules are same, so I got Latios EX FA in one of my 6 packs and i actually won the tournament just cause of some cards like Double Dragon Energy and Call for Family Skarmory and I got 4 packs for winning everyone got 2 for participating(i just got 4) because the store was being generous and my 4 packs were 2 Roaring Skies and two FlashFire I got Thundurus EX in my Roaring Skies

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened some Plasma Storm packs and some 3 pack blisters from Walmart.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The packages are repackaged so the indivisual packs contain green code cards and they have the new cardboard packaging like Plasma Freeze and Plasma Blast have, opposed to the clear plastic over the cardboard back they used to have.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I opened some Plasma Storm packs and some 3 pack blisters from Walmart.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The packages are repackaged so the indivisual packs contain green code cards and they have the new cardboard packaging like Plasma Freeze and Plasma Blast have, opposed to the clear plastic over the cardboard back they used to have.

What I'd want to see is the amount of hypnotoxic laser and virbank city gym from those packs, as well as colress and donphan.
Those are the real "ultra rares" out of the packs anyways

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Between those packs and the 3 packs I opened today, 16, I got 1 Hypotoxic Laser and that's it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Legends of Justice box, a Deoxys Box and some Roaring Skies and Boundaries Crossed packs.

I got a couple holos in the Deoxys box, a holo and a Landorus Ex in the Legends of Justice box and a Rayquaza Ex and a Skyla FA in the other packs. I got the boxes online because they contained Plasma Storm packs and this was before I knew they were selling them again in stores.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
WARNING for those buying Roaring Skies single packs. Today I bought 3 of the single packs from Walmart, opened the first one and went though the cards. The pack contained 6 commons, a reverse and 3 uncommons.
There was no regular rare in the pack. I have a bad feeling the other two came from the same production line so there's probably thousands of packs out there with 6 commons and no chance for a holo or ex.

I did buy some 3 packs and those were fine. Up until now Roaring skies only major problem was the code card being backwards, but now this could be Pokemon's biggest production error. I know one time I opened some XY packs that had 8 uncommons and a rev and a rare in them but to actually skip the rare alltogether and replace it with an uncommon. I wouldn't take the risk in buying single packs if you are a collector.

I know you can't return packs so I'm pretty much screwed on these packs. And I feel for others who buy them.

That being said I pulled another Full Art Wally and a Shaymin Ex in the 3 pack blisters I bought.

Years
WARNING for those buying Roaring Skies single packs. Today I bought 3 of the single packs from Walmart, opened the first one and went though the cards. The pack contained 6 commons, a reverse and 3 uncommons.
There was no regular rare in the pack. I have a bad feeling the other two came from the same production line so there's probably thousands of packs out there with 6 commons and no chance for a holo or ex.

I did buy some 3 packs and those were fine. Up until now Roaring skies only major problem was the code card being backwards, but now this could be Pokemon's biggest production error. I know one time I opened some XY packs that had 8 uncommons and a rev and a rare in them but to actually skip the rare alltogether and replace it with an uncommon. I wouldn't take the risk in buying single packs if you are a collector.

I know you can't return packs so I'm pretty much screwed on these packs. And I feel for others who buy them.

That being said I pulled another Full Art Wally and a Shaymin Ex in the 3 pack blisters I bought.

So it's limited to the Singles packs so far?

Anyway, opened a Primal Clash checklane blister with a Rhyperior and a Fennekin coin. Pack contained: reverse holo Gardevoir Spirit Link, Ludicolo, and Shrine of Memories.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Luckily only the first pack had the error, the other two I opened didn't. I don't know how many packs have this error but I think it's safe to say there are probably more then one.

Also an interesting thing to note, the error packs plastic wrapper was lower, the 10 additional game cards type was fully in the seal at the bottom. Also the packart was M Rayquaza.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Just been doing some buying today, already pre ordered a box of Bandit Ring and tonight I've ordered 1 of each of the new EX Tins. I also was searching on the sellers items I got the Bandit Ring box from and found this for £4 still sealed. Great price so I bought one.

Spoiler:

Also, I'm meeting the original voice of Ash - Veronica Taylor in August at a comic con, so I have a few of my seasons on DVD to get signed but I was trying to find something unique to get autographed that would stand out and would be a nice display piece. I happened to come across this and thought, wow. I went ahead and bought it. Got it for £50 shipped from America, I think it's going to be really cool to have.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Just ordered a sealed Team Rocket Wizards of the coast Booster Box for £265. I've been wanting one for so long, i'm so happy!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened some Pyroar boxes today and the Mega Rayquaza pin blister. In the Pyroar boxes I got 3 holos including

Spoiler:

The second to last holo from base set I needed. After about 170 packs with no Vivillon cards I now have finished the Vivillon line. That just leaves Slurpuff Holo(And Venusaur FA which I BCBM'd a while back but haven't pulled). Slurpuff has proven more elusive then Vivillon, I haven't pulled a Slurpuff holo in both XY and Phantom Forces. Maybe not as elusive as Boundaries Crossed Vileplume, I opened 3 booster boxes with no Vileplume holo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back