• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Lucky Eggs

Years
In this thread I want to ask you couple of questions, about the Lucky Eggs. As far as we know, in FR/LG they can be found on Chanseys which have really small chance of appearing in Safari Zone. The chance of finding one is still 5% on each Chansey, giving even lower chances to get it.

Single Lucky Egg gives 50% boost to experience after winning battles. Giving the extra boost from using traded Pokemon this gave a huge advantage in training before the major events in the game, including E4.

While playing your FR/LG game on GBA and visiting Fuschia City, did you bother to hunt for at least one? Or maybe you wanted to have more, so you wouldn't switch it to other Pokemon in your team?
If you got it, have you used it properly?
Or maybe you were in the point of game you knew you're gonna destroy everything anyway?

Answer and discuss my friends.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I must admit that I thought the lucky egg was a generation IV onward item, because they wouldn't do such thing like giving a 5% held chance to an ultra rare Pokémon. I found out later I was so wrong, but never bothered to take a search for one. I was happy already that I had found and captured a Chansey at all, looking for one holding a lucky egg probably needs more effort than finding a Feebas in RSE (which I haven't looked for either).

I didn't specifically need the item to beat the game, but I would have really come in handy when training other Pokémon post-game. 1.5 × the normal experience is a whole lot. I experienced that when training Pokémon from Emerald in my FireRed. But considering the fact that the effect even stacks with the trade boost, would more than double the experience obtained.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Chansey's hard enough to encounter as is lol. I remember hunting for it in Gen 4, because Chansey could be chained with the PokeRadar. Never bothered in previous gens.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I actually have one on my Fire Red which I traded over to Emerald. I'm surprised actually, upon discovering how rare it is that I found it with such ease. It took me four Chanseys to find one with it held.

What's annoying about the Gen III games outside of Emerald is that a lot of the field abilities such as Compound Eyes, which boost the liklihood of a wild Pokémon holding an item, are not in effect. They were Emerald and Gen IV upwards.

I also managed to snag a Venomoth holding Silverpowder which is also incredibly rare.

Melfice

Wait4Baba
Years
I didn't even know that lucky eggs existed until gen IV. I wouldn't of bothered trying to get one in FR/LG even if I did know about lucky eggs back then.

Years
I knew about the Lucky Egg since this generation, and may have hacked to get it before. But I know that wasn't the case in Generation IV where I stole some from Chansey.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
What will really blow all your minds is that Lucky Egg existed in the original Gold/Silver. It's a Gen II item.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 20, 2015
What will really blow all your minds is that Lucky Egg existed in the original Gold/Silver. It's a Gen II item.
Really?
How come I've never got one
The first time i evert got one was from a Chansey in pearl
Its a great item though, got me a few hundreds in 4days time

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I knew Lucky Eggs existed (both here and earlier), and I tried to hunt for one, but didn't have much luck. Thus, they didn't become a staple of my training regimen until gen IV. It's just too much effort to hunt down Chanseys, try to catch them, and hope they have the lucky egg, especially without any good way to increase the odds of them holding an item in FRLG. I thought about completing the quest in XD to get a lucky egg and then sending it to LG (since LG is where I've done the most training), but I've never gotten around to it, and at this point, it kind of seems like a lot of effort for relatively little return.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't get around to using a Lucky Egg for training til gen V, honestly. Never would have thought to hunt them down on Chansey in FRLG. They're hard to find and then you still have to catch them and hope and pray they have the thing. Not worth that much time, honestly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
I just got a Lucky Egg in FireRed! I started hunting Chansey to try and get one, and I got lucky and found it on the second one I caught. I've hunted for it in the past and never found it, so I'm thrilled to finally have one on third gen. : D

Reactions: Sun

FSBS

Defunct
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
I discovered the Lucky Egg during a randomized monotype rock run in FR. Ever since then I've hacked it into all my Gen 2/3 runs as the starter's held item to expedite grinding.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Chansey is already hellish to hunt to begin with. That 5% Lucky Egg didn't make her extra appealing, in my opinion. Definitely not wasting my time on hunting a Chansey just for that rotten egg. :( If you get one with a Lucky Egg, then congratulations you're lucky. Otherwise it isn't that special.~

P.S. Then you gotta wonder why the secondary effects of Abilities were introduced in Emerald instead of FRLG, who had the potential to use the Abilities to their extent. :(

Back