• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Hm. Well, I do have an unopened Xerneas/Yveltal 3DS that I got late last summer, so maybe I could trade that in for New 3DS credit? B)

As far as I can see, they don't sell those new anymore, so you may be able to sell one at the same or close to the price that stores are selling for refurbished ones. Gamestop is selling refurbs for $160 + tax, so you may be able to sell yours for $150?

Years
:O Interesting! Although I doubt i'd be able to get THAT much for it, but it would still be worth considering next time I get the chance.

blue

gucci
Years
As long as they don't include microtransactions like they did with Rumble World and Shuffle, then I'll be interested. The "Super" theme is a mystery since there's usually a particular theme with the MD series.

Wicked3DS

Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Didn't know that they were creating a new PMD game until now. PMD4 kinda ruined my interest in the series, though, as I had anything but fun playing it. It's the only game that ever managed to really get me frustrated, which is definitely something, considering I have played tons of games that most people would consider way more frustrating.

Well, I suppose I should at least take a look...also I hope Super Mystery Dungeon is just the working title and they will come up with a better name. I mean Pokemon is not Mario where they just need to slap on the name of the console at the beginning or end. {XD}

Years
I know how you feel R.F., though maybe not to that extent. I still enjoyed GTI but it definitely had a lot of problems. The text speed was really, really bad. I'm not sure why but I really didn't find it to be that slow in previous games. No one wants to sit through text for hours and hours.

That's kind of the case too, not to mention there were a lot of LONG cutscenes although they mostly felt long for that reason mainly. Then again i've only played it once, but its slowness hasn't exactly motivated me to give it another go.

blue

gucci
Years
I still haven't finished GTI, I just don't have the motivation to complete it like I did with Explorers of Sky. I enjoyed the gameplay, but the storyline wasn't as captivating as previous installments.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm not opposed to multiple save files, especially since I tend to not replay my games in order to not lose all the progress I made, but I also can see why they woutdn't want that to happen. The old games just didn't have the space to offer more save capabilities and while we now have that luxury, I feel like the online features kinda discourage GF putting something like that in the games. I mean they still have a ton of trouble handling hacked Pokemon and if people where to be allowed to have multiple "accounts" on their games, online maintainace would be even more troublesome; a lot more work for a game that only has a living cycle of 2-3 years.

Years
Well there would still be the version exclusives, but i'm sure someone could likely obtain those in some way or the other.

And this is coming from a guy who has multiple copies of quite a few of the DS era and Generation VI games, and that's kind of what happens when you're a challenger - I find myself wanting to play through the game I like more (like White 2, X and Omega Ruby, all of which are my preferred picks in their respective pairs) but would rather not wipe all the data i've acquired on them (although to be fair, my main Omega Ruby has not even 80 hours).

Wicked3DS

Years
Multiple save states would be pretty awesome, that way we could keep all our Pokémon and play through all over again if we wanted to. But it does make sense, if you want to play through again, fork over your money to Nintendo.

Years
And it suddenly clicks as to why they release two versions instead of one version with multiple save files...

It's probably to encourage connecting with friends aka the trading and battling, so this usually explains why we have paired versions that have differences with obtainable Pokemon. Been a tradition they likely won't break with most main games anytime soon.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the main reason there are two versions of games are for the version exclusives and storyline differences. Though I think multiple saves would work better on spin-offs rather than in mainstream games.

blue

gucci
Years
Well since there's no way of trading between a Mystery Dungeon title and a mainstream game, it could definitely come in handy in situations where you want to start over again.

Years
That is kind of true - I remember how in PMD you couldn't even peek at a new game unless you erased your save, and before the DS era you could save over your old file. Starting with DP, it would let you start a new game but you couldn't save it unless you deleted your saved data... And now in Generation VI it makes you wipe the save then starts a new game right off the bat. Ah, how times have changed.

Years
That is indeed a scary thought... I know of one Marriland challenger who had two of his Generation VI -Lockes terminated by his little brother not once, but TWICE. x( One of them was one he had put a lot of effort into making cool, and the other was meant to be a very difficult run and he was doing so good (three badges in and no deaths) and his new run hasn't been quite as good for him.

Years
Most of my Generation I and II games are corrupted, except Yellow and Crystal which still work fine... Even though I wiped my Crystal version long ago. And i've had GBA games corrupt at least once before.

Wicked3DS

Years
If I remember correctly my sisters old boyfriend used to take stuff from the house so it's possible he took my Yellow version. Man I wish I could get it back. I'd love to see what my team was on it.

I always enjoy going back on old games that I find and seeing what teams I had on there. Some of my nicknames are so bad though holy cow

I wish I could do that, but all my pre-Gen III games are lost. :(

Wicked3DS

Years
I just want some sort of extension or something that you could play a Pokemon game on an HDTV, that'd be really nice.

3DS -> Wii U gameplay adapter ftw. I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.

EDIT: Scratch that just make it a wireless thing since everything else is anyway :P

Last edited:
Years
I never played any of the spinoffs, and for good reason because I heard how many of them were badly criticized and that's why I'm never in major hype mode when a spinoff is announced as opposed to a main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back