• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
I don't know why, but I feel like the only one who still likes Generation IV's Battle Frontier. People seemed to like it when Platinum was new, yet that doesn't seem so much the case now. Maybe i'm just spoiled by newer technology.

Years
Brendino w/regular user format looks weird. :<
At least he has the yellow Azumarill ;) Some shiny pokémon are just too cute. Not shiny Masquerain though. It's just sorta green.

Spr_3e_284.gif
Spr_3e_284_s.gif

Years
Some people have said that green shiny Pokémon aren't that cool, but there are some that I like quite a bit and find fascinating *cough shiny Druddigon cough*.

But a shiny Azumarill, though? GOLDEN RABBIT!

Years
I remember watching TamashiiHiroka's Top 10 Worst Shinies video and she had Scrafty, Druddigon and Swoobat make the list. She must have definitely had something against the dreaded orange + green coloration.

But I'm so sad her most hated shiny was Lopunny, and she despises it solely because of it's color. Seriously, why hate pink?

Years
I've always said that I don't really care what color a shiny Pokemon is, as long as it looks good compared to its original design, and is something noticeably different from its original color scheme.

I'm color blind, so I've always feared that I've accidentally run away from a shiny Pokemon when I wasn't paying attention, because there are quite a few off the top of my head (like the previously mentioned Gengar, along with others like Zapdos, Elekid, Garchomp, Lillipup, etc.) that are just a few shades darker/lighter, making them easy to miss. At least with something drastic like a bright yellow Azumarill or a lime green Zubat, you know right away that it's special.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pinks shinies are the best everyone else go home.

Well.... not completely but I do really love a lot of the pink shinies. ;u; I like a lot of shinies as long as there is a difference in color and itjust looks appealing to me. And thankfully I haven't missed a shiny myself that I am aware of.

Years
I love mainly blue and pink shinies, but some green ones do look appealing as well. Totally on board with those who hate the ones who are only a lighter or darker shade of the normal colors because they're so easy to miss.

I think my fave shiny of the ones I've caught would have to be my Miltank in X. It was one of those shinies I always wanted for years, and I now have one that was like out-of-the-blue when I was grinding something. I also love the Drifloon I have in that same game, because it was my first shiny in X and I do like the yellow + blue color.

Least fave would have to be the Unown (U form to be specific) I caught in Diamond, because it's Unown and it sucks. My Farfetch'd in Soul Silver is also one I'm not fond of, nor the two shiny Graveler I have (one in Diamond, the other in Soul Silver) but at least they're better than an Unown.

Years
I have a shiny Golbat in my main Platinum version that I caught back in 2009. And as for shiny Geodude, i've run into two in hordes, both in different save files, one of which was killed by Magnitude and the other I caught. Dem quaking rocks...

Years
I've never ran away from a shiny luckily, though I have friends who have and I feel so bad for them. Can you imagine finding a shiny in the Safari zone and having it run away?
Oof. You just reopened an old wound there.

While it never actually ran away from me, I found a shiny Paras in the Safari Zone on Fire Red. The thing is, I only had 1 Safari Ball left after wasting the rest trying to catch Dratini/Dragonair/Chansey, so I was definitely caught off guard when I saw it. Because I didn't want it to run away, I figured my only shot was to try the Safari Ball on the first turn, knowing that I'd rather take the slim guaranteed chance over trying to throw a rock or two at it and possibly missing out. Safe to say, it broke out after two shakes, and I didn't touch Fire Red again for like a month :p

Years
I had a moment of a lost shiny and it was a Boldore encountered in Twist Mountain in Black. I didn't kill it or anything, but accidentally ran from it without noticing it was shiny. What a stupid mistake I made there, but at least that shiny Drilbur I caught months after that made up for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mmmm I love a lot of my shinies. My Shiny Corsola, my Shiny Starmie, and my Shiny Sylveon would have to be my favorite top three that I actually own. c: Then probably my Shiny Azumarill? I would say my shiny milotic but I don't have it anymore. :(

And there are so many other shinies that I actually wish to have someday.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I only ever had very few shinies in the games. The only ones I remember rn is Oddish and Geodude in Ruby. And Gyarados in Gold but that really doesn't count :p

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I lost my only shiny by restarting the game it was in, and forgetting to trade it over. It was a shiny Golduck though, which was a very disappointing evolution.

Years
I also have a shiny Basculin on my main White 2 game that I caught on New Year's Eve 2013, and that's one that a lot of people have said is right up there with Garchomp as one of the weaker shinies out there. I remember when I was EV training something then and was hoping for a shiny Druddigon instead, which I did find early this year.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The only shinies I have are just the event Pokemon and a winter Sawsbuck that a friends traded me.

I did get a shiny Weedle in Silver, but it's not permanently stuck on my Stadium 2 game.

Years
It's kind of a shame that I never got to play the Stadium games due to never owning a Nintendo 64.

And speaking of a shiny Weedle, I remember randomly hatching one in X when I was trying to get a good Weedle to transfer to ORAS so I could use Mega Beedrill.

Years
Shiny Weedle, eh? What is this, bring back Brendan's terrible childhood weekend or something? Okay, so it was on an emulator BUT STILL.

k7bmCRt.gif

That always stinks, finding a shiny before you even get Poke Balls. Thank god that never happened to me.

Back