• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well that was a terrible experience. After my first match, the server kicks us off of the waiting room and continues to do so until 4 PM, which then allowed us back in, but not for long though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I was looking forward to playing Splatoon tonight but I only got to play the tutorial because the servers crashed and burned within five minutes. Doesn't really inspire confidence in Nintendo's ability to provide a good online experience when the game comes out next week.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was looking forward to playing Splatoon tonight but I only got to play the tutorial because the servers crashed and burned within five minutes. Doesn't really inspire confidence in Nintendo's ability to provide a good online experience when the game comes out next week.
You do know that this was suppose to be a beta correct? Now that I think about it, the crashed servers is perhaps a good thing for Nintendo, for it provides them information on what to fix before the final product. They also extended an extra hour for us.

Years
I haven't played the demo yet because I'm not fond of the time constraint thing and I'm not sure if I'll be buying the game anyway. Some friends who are very excited for it might peer pressure me into it but at the moment I'm not super interested.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
omg the first hour of the splatoon testfire it was down lol my sister and i kept playing the squid jump game and joked about this was the full splatoon game. after the first hour, splatoon finally was up so i got to play for that hour. it was so much fun! i think my favorite weapon was definitely the roller.
my sister decided that when the server was down to play the tutorial mode and paint the entire area orange. success!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
For those of you who are into anime and manga or at least heard of Ika Masume/Squid Girl, this happened:

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
So, I preordered it from Gamestop today, and got the fastest shipping option available, because I'm that hyped.

Which means I am once again a step further from upgrading my PC. So that's good.

Regumika

So Graceful
Years
I don't know exactly how the scoring works and how objective they are. I'm totally excited to play it.

Is there going to be a Splatoon group here? Let's spray some ink.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
So, looks like my day tomorrow will be spent desperately trying and failing to order the Amiibo 3-pack from Amazon before they run out.

Because I am enough of a sucker for these things to buy the ones people will sell on eBay for a few hundred dollars. Hopefully I can snag one of the charizards, too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Japan's Splatoon Twitter account has posted this crossover artwork of Ika and an Inkling girl, further proving that we could be getting a collaboration DLC in the future: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/603731118299418624/photo/1

So, looks like my day tomorrow will be spent desperately trying and failing to order the Amiibo 3-pack from Amazon before they run out.

Because I am enough of a sucker for these things to buy the ones people will sell on eBay for a few hundred dollars. Hopefully I can snag one of the charizards, too.
Lucky for me, I already got my Splatoon amiibo pack pre-ordered from Wal-Mart last month, and it should arrive by mail during the afternoon.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
You're lucky (OR I guess smart, in this case). I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they went out of stock before I refreshed the page tomorrow.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nevermind, my amiibo pack will arrive next Tuesday. I am currently at lvl 8, but geeze, have I encountered some strong weapons from other players.

Meanwhile in Japan, Splatoon has already sold out. The game must be really that popular in that region compared to others.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Got the game today! I worked the release at GameStop this morning, along with the wave 4 Amiibos. Not as many people camped outside my store as I thought there would be, but then I remember where I live, haha. Anyway, I got the game as well as an Inkling Girl Amiibo. When I got home, my boyfriend and sister laughed at me for wearing my squid hat while playing the game. :( I thought I was cute.

Anyway, I SUUUUUCK at this game so far, haha. I have played quite a few matches online and have lost like...all but 1. So. lol Maybe it'll get better once I can buy a new weapon. :P It's a little aggravating that you have to be supa fresh to get gear and stuff, but I'm almost to the point where I can. Taking a break for now though.

Is there going to be a Splatoon group here? Let's spray some ink.

Klippy has already granted me permission to start a Splatoon event. :) I will probably wait a while so that people have time to get the game and get used to playing it and such. Hoping to get it up around mid-June!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Got the game today! I worked the release at GameStop this morning, along with the wave 4 Amiibos. Not as many people camped outside my store as I thought there would be, but then I remember where I live, haha. Anyway, I got the game as well as an Inkling Girl Amiibo. When I got home, my boyfriend and sister laughed at me for wearing my squid hat while playing the game. :( I thought I was cute.

Anyway, I SUUUUUCK at this game so far, haha. I have played quite a few matches online and have lost like...all but 1. So. lol Maybe it'll get better once I can buy a new weapon. :P It's a little aggravating that you have to be supa fresh to get gear and stuff, but I'm almost to the point where I can. Taking a break for now though.

Klippy has already granted me permission to start a Splatoon event. :) I will probably wait a while so that people have time to get the game and get used to playing it and such. Hoping to get it up around mid-June!

Have you tried the one-player mode? o: I think it's good to sharpen up skills. ^^

Anywho, I'm level 9 right now! Lookin' swaggy with a winter hat aaah~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Have you tried the one-player mode? o: I think it's good to sharpen up skills. ^^

Anywho, I'm level 9 right now! Lookin' swaggy with a winter hat aaah~

Oh yeah! I did that a little bit then went back to online so I could level up more. n__n

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
I wanted to play as the boy inkling for what I hope would be obvious reasons, but I can't resist having long tentacle hair, so girl it is.

I'm level 5, and the paint roller is my favorite thing ever.

Spoiler:

EDIT: I must've missed something on the Amazon thing, because it looks like the ones that didn't even go up for sale yet are already sold out, including the splatoon 3 pack.

What?

EDIT EDIT: Alright, It showed up, and it looks like I was able to snag one before the scalpers. 200% hyped to have swooped in on that one in time.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, that three pack is gonna be the only way (as far as we know) to get that Squid Amiibo. I wanted that, but someone nabbed our only three packs. :( I'm just happy to at least have the girl. lol

Back