• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
Somewhere in your G3HS folder, there should be a file called pokeroms.ini. You replace it with the G3HS ini provided by MrDollSteak (should have been in the download along with the ips). I believe that in that ini, you also need to replace [MrDs] for the rom with [0000], though it has been a while.

I'll try that man. Thanks a lot for the tips!

Years
Somewhere in your G3HS folder, there should be a file called pokeroms.ini. You replace it with the G3HS ini provided by MrDollSteak (should have been in the download along with the ips). I believe that in that ini, you also need to replace [MrDs] for the rom with [0000], though it has been a while.

I tried putting the ini file in G3HS's folder, but no luck.
What did you mean by "replace [MrDS] for the rom with [0000], though it has been a while."?

Years
I tried putting the ini file in G3HS's folder, but no luck.
What did you mean by "replace [MrDS] for the rom with [0000], though it has been a while."?
I hope it's ok if I help him out for you Azurile, but basically Familia what you want to do is replace the ini in G3HS with the one from MrDollSteak and then open up the ini from DS and you should be in your Notepad with a bunch of words and numbers. From there, scroll down to a header that looks like [MrDS]. Replace MrDS with 0000 so it should look like [0000].

Years
I hope it's ok if I help him out for you Azurile, but basically Familia what you want to do is replace the ini in G3HS with the one from MrDollSteak and then open up the ini from DS and you should be in your Notepad with a bunch of words and numbers. From there, scroll down to a header that looks like [MrDS]. Replace MrDS with 0000 so it should look like [0000].

It super worked! Thanks Fun Size and Azurile. It freaking worked!

EDIT: Where do I put the ini file in G3T?
There's no ini folder, nor a file with the same name (as it's written MrDS). I tried putting it in the Roms Data folder, but no luck. Then I changed its name to 0000, as that's what I inserted in the other ini file...
What do I do?
I actually saw what MrDS said, that it won't work on any hacking tool, unless it's G3HS. But why the ini file for G3T and PGE then?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
It super worked! Thanks Fun Size and Azurile. It freaking worked!

EDIT: Where do I put the ini file in G3T?
There's no ini folder, nor a file with the same name (as it's written MrDS). I tried putting it in the Roms Data folder, but no luck. Then I changed its name to 0000, as that's what I inserted in the other ini file...
What do I do?
I actually saw what MrDS said, that it won't work on any hacking tool, unless it's G3HS. But why the ini file for G3T and PGE then?

It will work, I know because my hack works fine with other tools. Go to Roms Data and place your ini there.

Years
It will work, I know because my hack works fine with other tools. Go to Roms Data and place your ini there.

I still have to try this. Tried once, but didn't work and I got my head into something else. I'll get back to it soon enough and report back if I did it or not.

Guys, when adding a new attack, or editing an existing one, how do I define if an attacks is physical or special? I don't believe Attack editors have support to the PSS sytem yet, so I don't know how the game would know what is physical, special and status attacks.
How do I know it worked after I edit it?

Years
Sup guys.
I followed MrDollSteak's hint and did the ini thing with G3HS. It's working ok now.
As for the other tools, I opened a patched Fire Red ROM in a hex editor, but when I got myself to 0xAC, the game was already named with a BPRE.
This is what I found in line 0xA0: "POKEMON FIREREDBPRE"
I can however open the patched ROM in other tools, but the information is missing, since some offsets may have changed. How can I make ini files or make the ROM work in other tools, since the game is already BPRE?

Somehow, I got it to work with G3T and G3HS, both. But when I try opening a tool of G3T, it gives me a message saying that the .ini file is missing SoundBasedMoves data. It asks me if I want to edit the ROM. When I say no, I can still open and hack the ROM normaly, but I'm afraid because this missing information may cause some error down the road.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Sup guys.
I followed MrDollSteak's hint and did the ini thing with G3HS. It's working ok now.
As for the other tools, I opened a patched Fire Red ROM in a hex editor, but when I got myself to 0xAC, the game was already named with a BPRE.
This is what I found in line 0xA0: "POKEMON FIREREDBPRE"
I can however open the patched ROM in other tools, but the information is missing, since some offsets may have changed. How can I make ini files or make the ROM work in other tools, since the game is already BPRE?

Somehow, I got it to work with G3T and G3HS, both. But when I try opening a tool of G3T, it gives me a message saying that the .ini file is missing SoundBasedMoves data. It asks me if I want to edit the ROM. When I say no, I can still open and hack the ROM normaly, but I'm afraid because this missing information may cause some error down the road.

It won't cause any error, Kurapika updated his tool I don't remmeber when, it can now handle some sounds modification I think. MrDollSteak or Kurapika forgot to put some ini files but it won't cause any trouble, just edit what you want it should be fine unless you want precisely edit some sounds things

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
Years
I'm having a couple of issues with the ability Gooey. The first issues I saw has already been brought up, which is that physical moves that make no contact (in my case it was Rock Throw) are triggering Gooey and it says the the opponent's speed was lowered. The next issue is that even if the attack misses, Gooey triggers. Gooey also seems to trigger on the first turn of Dig, and presumably other 2-turn attacks as well like Fly. Lastly, sometimes the battle will sometimes freeze during battles with Pokemon that have Gooey. It happened to me twice, but I have not been able to intentionally recreate whatever causes this to happen. Edit: This may only have a chance to happen when Dig is used. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
Years
It won't cause any error, Kurapika updated his tool I don't remmeber when, it can now handle some sounds modification I think. MrDollSteak or Kurapika forgot to put some ini files but it won't cause any trouble, just edit what you want it should be fine unless you want precisely edit some sounds things

I'm not going to edit sounds, so I believe I'm good.
I'll try doing everything with only G3T and G3HS. If I still need other tools, I get back.
For now, thanks a lot bro!

Years
Well guys, I got a few questions:
How can I define if an attack will be special or physical (or a status changing attack, for that matter)? Can I do it using a tool, like G3T's Move Editor?

Also, were the physical/special attacks problems dealt with?
I mean that thing where both a special and a physical attack, from a Pokémon with great special attack and little attack stats, would do the same average damage on a Pokémon with high defense stats and low special defense stats. Is it fixed?

And not that I care much for my Pokémon, since I don't use status changing attacks, but are they working, aswell?

Lastly, how can I change the type effectiveness? It is not working with the Type Effectiveness Tool I have here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Well guys, I got a few questions:
How can I define if an attack will be special or physical (or a status changing attack, for that matter)? Can I do it using a tool, like G3T's Move Editor?

Also, were the physical/special attacks problems dealt with?
I mean that thing where both a special and a physical attack, from a Pokémon with great special attack and little attack stats, would do the same average damage on a Pokémon with high defense stats and low special defense stats. Is it fixed?

And not that I care much for my Pokémon, since I don't use status changing attacks, but are they working, aswell?

Lastly, how can I change the type effectiveness? It is not working with the Type Effectiveness Tool I have here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Use GBAPGE for editing pss of moves. That's what I mostly use for editing moves.

As for the type effectiveness, I recommend to read tutorials about adding new types and look for the part to where to edit effectivesses, and edit those through any hex editor since that certain tool won't even help on added types.

Years
Use GBAPGE for editing pss of moves. That's what I mostly use for editing moves.

As for the type effectiveness, I recommend to read tutorials about adding new types and look for the part to where to edit effectivesses, and edit those through any hex editor since that certain tool won't even help on added types.

Got it. Thanks man!

Years
Sup guys!
I downloaded PGE so I could remove the Fairy type and edit the Physical/Special/Status type of each attack.
Problem is, I can't use it. PGE won't load information about the game.
I tried using the .ini MrDS provided, but no luck. Changed its name to [0000], [MrDS] and no luck at all...
Any ideas on how to make it work?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Sup guys!
I downloaded PGE so I could remove the Fairy type and edit the Physical/Special/Status type of each attack.
Problem is, I can't use it. PGE won't load information about the game.
I tried using the .ini MrDS provided, but no luck. Changed its name to [0000], [MrDS] and no luck at all...
Any ideas on how to make it work?

Hmm... try not to change the ROM header from the .ini (leave it BPRE). Then open your ROM in a hex editor, goto 0xAC and type 42 50 52 45 there.

If still not, where have you downloaded PGE? If you have downloaded it from the link from Gamer2020's signature, that is a new version of PGE. So, if you put the .ini MrDS provided replacing the new PGE's .ini, that ain't gonna load up stuff because MrDS' .ini is the old version of PGE. You will have to write up the offsets from the MrDS' .ini to the new PGE's .ini.

Why remove Fairy type?

Years
Hmm... try not to change the ROM header from the .ini (leave it BPRE). Then open your ROM in a hex editor, goto 0xAC and type 42 50 52 45 there.

If still not, where have you downloaded PGE? If you have downloaded it from the link from Gamer2020's signature, that is a new version of PGE. So, if you put the .ini MrDS provided replacing the new PGE's .ini, that ain't gonna load up stuff because MrDS' .ini is the old version of PGE. You will have to write up the offsets from the MrDS' .ini to the new PGE's .ini.

Why remove Fairy type?

I downloaded version 3.1. I thought that might be the issue, indeed.
I'll try downloading 3.0 or an earlier to check. This is where I downloaded it:
https://github.com/Gamer2020/PokemonGameEditor/releases

I don't like the later Generations. I liked some Pokémon from Generation IV, that's why I'm including it.
Don't know, new Pokémon don't seem Pokémon-ish. They don't seem as nice and original, like Generation I's. Same for Mega Evolutions.
It actually reminds me Naruto and Dragon Ball, where power has no limits. That takes the fun out of it, for me.
As for the Fairy type, it just comes in the "too much changes" package. I didn't like the idea (though it fit Clefairy), plus it beats Dragon. Please.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I downloaded version 3.1. I thought that might be the issue, indeed.
I'll try downloading 3.0 or an earlier to check. This is where I downloaded it:
https://github.com/Gamer2020/PokemonGameEditor/releases

I don't like the later Generations. I liked some Pokémon from Generation IV, that's why I'm including it.
Don't know, new Pokémon don't seem Pokémon-ish. They don't seem as nice and original, like Generation I's. Same for Mega Evolutions.
It actually reminds me Naruto and Dragon Ball, where power has no limits. That takes the fun out of it, for me.
As for the Fairy type, it just comes in the "too much changes" package. I didn't like the idea (though it fit Clefairy), plus it beats Dragon. Please.

Good thing that you have the latest one. You will have to do (again) is to write up the offsets from the MrDS' .ini to the new PGE's .ini. Because, if you put the .ini MrDS provided replacing the new PGE's .ini, that ain't gonna load up stuff because MrDS' .ini is the old version of PGE.

I see then. Removing the Fairy type (just from certain Pokemon and Move data, and leaving that type unused) will now require hex editing. If you spot 0x17 in a Pokemon's data and Move data, that (possibly) is the Fairy so change it to anything below 0x11.

If you want to remove the Fairy type from certain Pokemon, use G3HS and apply the MrDS G3HS's .ini there.

Years
Good thing that you have the latest one. You will have to do (again) is to write up the offsets from the MrDS' .ini to the new PGE's .ini. Because, if you put the .ini MrDS provided replacing the new PGE's .ini, that ain't gonna load up stuff because MrDS' .ini is the old version of PGE.

I see then. Removing the Fairy type (just from certain Pokemon and Move data, and leaving that type unused) will now require hex editing. If you spot 0x17 in a Pokemon's data and Move data, that (possibly) is the Fairy so change it to anything below 0x11.

If you want to remove the Fairy type from certain Pokemon, use G3HS and apply the MrDS G3HS's .ini there.

Why do I have to hex edit? I have changed all Pokémon to their original types. Just the attacks I couldn't change back, since I was going to use PGE for that. What else do I have to change so the type just becomes unused?

Also, can't I just download an older version of PGE? I'm not really efficient writing .inis. I always forget stuff.
Quick question: If I change something .ini related in a tool, does the tool update the .ini file? (example, number of Pokémon in G3HS)

Years
have 1.6 ?

He said he will eventually work on that.
He is busy, but he was going to do it.

A question: I'm just curious, cause I started testing stuff with this Rombase now, but I see some palettes are changed in the summary of my Pokémon. The color of normal type attacks (just the ones I noticed so far) were different and the shades of the letters in the summary are darker, it's a bit weird.
Is there any easy way I can change it? I imagine they were changed while going for the PSS icons. Can I change them back without losing the icons?

Back