• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Seven Rockets.
Fifteen enemy Pokemon.
Three double battles in a row.

Are you a bad enough person to save Mr. Fuji and his Cubones?

z2Ivffk.png

===================================================================

So, Pokemon Rebalanced has been restarted! I've completed the storyline and eventing up to the end of the Pokemon Tower. That's four gyms, two caves, one ship, a Rocket base, and the Pokemon Tower. I've rebalanced all ~280 Pokemon currently in the game. A hundred new moves are in and slotted into movesets. Following Help14's Pokemon is in. FL's numerous awesome scripts are in. MAK1N0's EV/IV Screen is get.

I'm currently looking for beta tester or two to endure my terrible work so it can be polished. I've attached a document showcasing the some of the work of my only current Beta, Heaven Canceler The Great and Awesome, for the kind of feedback I'd be looking for. Otherwise I'm be updating the OP over the next few days.

http://www.filedropper.com/bugsormistakesinpokemondarkred3
Heaven Canceler's hard work.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Pokemon Rebalanced: A Tale of Two Tanks
Blastoise&Meganium

=====================================================

First up is Blastoise. With a Base HP of 95, combined with 105 in both base Defenses it has nothing to worry about in tanking non-super-effective attacks. Meganium has 110 base HP, a little higher then Blastoise, but only 100 Base defenses. So both are about equal mixed tank Pokemon. But the big differences are in the movepools, as we will see.

Blastoise's current movepool:

1,TACKLE,1,TAILWHIP,3,AQUARING,7,WATERGUN,11,WITHDRAW,15,BITE,19,WATERPULSE,
23,MIRRORCOAT,27,RAPIDSPIN,31,WATERPLEDGE,35,REFRESH,35,DRAGONPULSE,
39,AURASPHERE,43,FLASHCANNON,47,COUNTER,51,TIDALWAVE,55,BODYSLAM,
55,ZAPCANNON,55,YAWN,59,DARKPULSE,63,HYDROPUMP

A quick scan will show that it has mostly Special Attack moves, to go with its Base 90 Special attack. But the big thing is the lack of support moves. Blastoise's role isn't to be here and make its wimpy teammates feel safe, it's to be on the front line boosting itself with Aqua Ring/Withdraw and predicting what the opponent will throw at it with Counter/Mirror Coat. It has good coverage, a bit of status infliction with Yawn/Bodyslam and able to troll with Zap Cannon.

Meganium's current movepool:
1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,3,LEECHSEED,7,VINEWHIP,11,POISONPOWDER, 15,SHIMMERGRASS(45BP SPECIAL GRASS MOVE), 19,REFLECT,23,AROMATHERAPY,27,GIGADRAIN, 31,HEALPULSE,35,LIGHTSCREEN,35,BODYSLAM,39,SYNTHESIS,43,GRASSWHISTLE,
47,GRASSPLEDGE,51,REVERSAL,55,SAFEGUARD,59,SOLARBEAM

A quick scan reveal a lack of attacking moves. It seems Meganium will be relying on it's Grass STAB quite a lot. What it doesn't lack is team support. Reflect, Light Screen, Aromatherapy and Heal Pulse are all great moves and doubly useful when you take into consideration several key battles are double battles. Meganium is the opposite of Blastoise, there to make your frail attacking Pokemon feel safe enough to do their jobs while keeping them healthy and status free.

It also has good status infliction with Poison Powder(Upgraded to Toxic later), Grass Whistle(which is now 85% accurate), and Body Slam.

To end this tl:dr page I'll just say this, there are many ways to have a Pokemon fulfill a role and even as I standardize them somewhat I hope to keep each Pokemon a unique as possible. Thanks for reading and comment as much as you want too!

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Allright, I have time for this again. Starting this rodeo once more. I'm currently updating everything to 15.1, Elite Battle, Help14's Followers, and Gen 6 addon base. So I might as well get some feedback while I do that.

I've completed the storyline and eventing up to the end of the Pokemon Tower. That's four gyms, two caves, one ship, a Rocket base, and the Pokemon Tower. I've rebalanced all ~280 Pokemon currently in the game. A hundred new moves are in and slotted into movesets.

Saffron and Fushia not started. Access to Saffron should be blocked, but I haven't fixed any map transitions past walking into Fuschia.

Be sure to talk to NPCs! And Stock up before leaving Pewter City! If you want advice ask! Meanwhile, have a few highlights.

Starter trades! With grammar errors!
In60Qi7.png

Expanded Rocket influence. With sprite errors.
Tss4pN5.png

An enterprising businessman.
8tSCsYH.png

A new area!
VJLRYyN.png

A Gym leader, out of the Gym? What's going on here?
Xu07eHJ.png

Teaser over, here's the link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/pgnqfvkq58oteev/Public_Demo_1-1.rar

Issues:
Game intro has no graphics: Didn't use the right intro, should have no effect.
Fat Guy in your bedroom wanting a Pokemon: Ignore, or abuse the trade for fun.
Shiny Charmeleons: Ignore, but should be harmless. They turn logging on.

Feedback welcome! I have two betas. One feels the start is too grindy then levels off, the other felt it was fine.

A pastebin/text file/google doc of any errors you run into would be appreciated! Save compatibility not ensured between demos.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
The Lunatone and Ponyta trades are bugged. I thought I modified the scripts, but apparently I reverted them or did that on a beta's copy.

If you don't want to lose levels or have random moves added to your pokemon, please only trade with the Pokemon to be traded in the front slot.

Edit: Noclip error found, fixed. If you want your saves fixed, just ask.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Port to 15.1 done, Fushia City being made.

It is no longer quick and easy to make trainers.

GjsaDr2.png

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
This looks like a heck of a project! Glad to see you've recently come back to it and updated things. A couple of questions:

Any chance the controls could be made a bit easier to find? Once I remembered the standard controls for RXMP (it had been a while) I figured it out but it would have been handy to see them on screen, especially as I like to re-map to a controller.

Also, the OP mentions turbo speed. Is this feature on the to do list, or already implemented?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This looks like a heck of a project! Glad to see you've recently come back to it and updated things. A couple of questions:

Any chance the controls could be made a bit easier to find? Once I remembered the standard controls for RXMP (it had been a while) I figured it out but it would have been handy to see them on screen, especially as I like to re-map to a controller.

Also, the OP mentions turbo speed. Is this feature on the to do list, or already implemented?

I'll definitely be sure to re-add the control screen to the intro.

Alt is turbo and works!

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
It's hard to visualize "rebalance." It's not shiny, animated, or awesome looking. Maybe this can help.

It's not excatly uniform. I did some simple tweaks for how strong a single stat was, ability, etc. Round two should be much more uniform, or less rather. The move pools will be anyway.

6SaNGPR.png

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just downloaded the game and it wont open. It doesn't tell me why it refuses to open either so I've no idea what to do.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Wow. I didn't think it would be so picky to demand WinRAR only. I thought any program like WinRAR would work.

Anyway I got the game working, now I'm curous about the move lists. Granted this is in beta still but does the bulbasaur line get any physical poison moves? I wanted to ask in the off chance one were to choose a more physical offensive set with a Venusaur.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Wow. I didn't think it would be so picky to demand WinRAR only. I thought any program like WinRAR would work.

Anyway I got the game working, now I'm curious about the move lists. Granted this is in beta still but does the bulbasaur line get any physical poison moves? I wanted to ask in the off chance one were to choose a more physical offensive set with a Venusaur.

Venusaur has been converted to a special moveset in order to bulk up. :(

It has a serviceable attack, but will have to rely on TMs.

Rough overview below. Updates not guaranteed quickly on the data below, but I will answer questions in this thread.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...FxUWtBVG0wMl92T0hwUW9xd0V3S0hJVlk&usp=sharing

Besure to stock up after leaving Pewter City. No joke.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I figured I'd ask because when I first started I found an adamant bulbasaur with the ideal IV spread (24 in attack making it pretty effective then between 25-30 for both defenses) but I reset anyway and went for a different nature to be safe.

GaryFreakingOak

Years

FWIW, 7zip worked perfectly fine for me. Lauerolus, I would actually recommend using that to package in the future as it is actually freeware unlike WinRAR.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Might it be at all possible to have something with the synchronize ability be around Viridian Forest or on the path to Indigo Plateau where the second rival battle is at the start of the game come next beta? It took forever to get a Pidgey with an adamant nature and its taking even longer to get a Jolly Mankey for my team.

And speaking of rival battles for some reason the rival has a clone of himself on the road along with him.

NR5tROD.png

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
FWIW, 7zip worked perfectly fine for me. Lauerolus, I would actually recommend using that to package in the future as it is actually freeware unlike WinRAR.

I will do so for Demo 2.0.

Might it be at all possible to have something with the synchronize ability be around Viridian Forest or on the path to Indigo Plateau where the second rival battle is at the start of the game come next beta? It took forever to get a Pidgey with an adamant nature and its taking even longer to get a Jolly Mankey for my team.

And speaking of rival battles for some reason the rival has a clone of himself on the road along with him.

Mew?

Synchronize Eevee from your Mom could be cool.

I just placed him twice. I've deleted the second. Thank you.

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Couple of bugs I've noticed. One is game breaking, at least for me.

Spoiler:

This text has occasionally appeared during opponent's attacks. The attack would still work after the text was on screen, so it appeared to be an aesthetic bug only. Specifically, this trainer
Spoiler:
and at least one other near that point caused this problem.

Secondly, Brock is freezing my game after defeating him:
Spoiler:

He's talked to me, set a plan for Mt. Moon, and tried leaving the cave. The game freezes at the screenshot.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Couple of bugs I've noticed. One is game breaking, at least for me.

1.) This text has occasionally appeared during opponent's attacks. The attack would still work after the text was on screen, so it appeared to be an aesthetic bug only. Specifically, this trainer and at least one other near that point caused this problem.

2.) Secondly, Brock is freezing my game after defeating him. He's talked to me, set a plan for Mt. Moon, and tried leaving the cave. The game freezes at the screenshot.

Thank you for trying the game! I have updated the demo several times since its release a few days ago. It's now on 15.1 from v13. But I will address your report because you took the time to do one!

1.) Was when I programed Sheer Force into v13 myself. 15.1 has it native and no messages appear now.

2.) I turned Through on here but didn't turn it off, or him walking into the door caused this. I've addressed both and it now works in Demo 1.2. I've also fixed several other bugs like this early game from reports.

The link the front page now sends you to my subreddit, where I've split the game and uploaded the latest version. This way you will not have to download the Audio and Battler folders again. This will break save compatibility, as I had to move my custom moveids up ~100 due to the Gen 6 Addon.

Thank you for playing.

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Thank you for trying the game! I have updated the demo several times since its release a few days ago. It's now on 15.1 from v13. But I will address your report because you took the time to do one!

1.) Was when I programed Sheer Force into v13 myself. 15.1 has it native and no messages appear now.

2.) I turned Through on here but didn't turn it off, or him walking into the door caused this. I've addressed both and it now works in Demo 1.2. I've also fixed several other bugs like this early game from reports.

The link the front page now sends you to my subreddit, where I've split the game and uploaded the latest version. This way you will not have to download the Audio and Battler folders again. This will break save compatibility, as I had to move my custom moveids up ~100 due to the Gen 6 Addon.

Thank you for playing.

Whoops! I had the feeling they were probably addressed as they seemed pretty obvious, but I didn't see any notes about them so I figured I'd report in case :)

I'll download the new version and start a new game with it. Would you prefer feedback/bug reports on here or reddit?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Whoops! I had the feeling they were probably addressed as they seemed pretty obvious, but I didn't see any notes about them so I figured I'd report in case :)

I'll download the new version and start a new game with it. Would you prefer feedback/bug reports on here or reddit?

Here bumps the thread. ;)

I have to host the download link offsite for another place I have a thread for this. Reddit makes that easy.

Back