• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
So....do all Pokemon used in Rated Battle Spot battles have to be blue pentagon or something?

In official tournaments in Generation VI, as well as at the Battle Spot in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, only Pokémon with a blue pentagon can be used.

The above was taken from bulbapedia so yes is the answer. Id guess its to limit the hacked pokemon from pokeedit and the likes which were prevalent in Gen4/5. Of course it doesnt mean much after the PKHex stuff was released.

Years
hey not really sure where this should go

i have pokemon Y and pokemon AS

with pokeBank i transferred majority of my pokemon over to AS

I'm wondering if i start Y over from scratch can i then eventually send those new pokemon over through poke bank as well?

i suck at online battling so I'm wanting to try and be serious about breeding but don't wanna do this if it will somehow ruin the pokemon i already have

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
omg thank you, i was so nervous about trying anything scared that if i wiped the old game all the pokemon i transferred would disappear lol

The 'mons you stored in the Pokébank is stored in GameFreak's servers, so you can safely start a new game and withdraw your deposited 'mons from the bank.

Years
ok when it comes to natures, is it by chance? or do both pokemon being bred have any effect?
I've hatched about 45 of the same pokemon this morning looking for one with timid am i doing anything wrong? I'm getting different nature and i know there are many it could get but i just wanna know if natures can be forced or anything

Years
ok when it comes to natures, is it by chance? or do both pokemon being bred have any effect?
I've hatched about 45 of the same pokemon this morning looking for one with timid am i doing anything wrong? I'm getting different nature and i know there are many it could get but i just wanna know if natures can be forced or anything

Natures are like completely luck-based, but you can have one parent hold an Everstone which has a 100% chance of passing down the nature.

Years
ok so is a timid Zorua who is somewhat stubborn a good breed? or do i need to try for a different characteristic? I'm trying to learn how to breed stronger pokemon so i don't get KO'd in online battles (sorry if I'm posting too much btw)

Years
ok so is a timid Zorua who is somewhat stubborn a good breed? or do i need to try for a different characteristic? I'm trying to learn how to breed stronger pokemon so i don't get KO'd in online battles (sorry if I'm posting too much btw)

The characteristic "Somewhat stubborn" means the Pokemon has a Sp. Defense IV in one of these numbers: 4, 9, 14, 19, 24 or 29. Not exactly the best of the best, but here's a handy guide to characteristics and what IV they can determine: click here

Years
ok so how do i get the base stats to raise ?
right now I'm getting 11 HP, A5,D5,SA6,SD5,S6 when i look I'm seeing some with HP40? how do i breed to get that, the chart helped somewhat but I'm new to actually trying to expert breed

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
To breed your pokemons, you need a destiny knot to pass 5 stats instead of 3 from one of the parent pokemons, and an everstone to pass the nature. It also helps when both pokemon have high stats and good potential egg moves when they breed.

Years
im so confused, like do i need high level pokemon or high level stats ? or both?
i just bread two zoruarks one was 54, the other was just bred and got leveled up from elite 4 to 31

I've hatched their eggs using an everstone to keep the Timid nature, but the IV stats aren't changing at all still Hp of 11 when hatched from egg

need to look into destiny knot also

-edit- found the couple and got the destiny knot gave it to the male zoruak being bred hopefully i see some results

Last edited:
Years
they are still same stats when hatched i don't know what to do

each one i hatch they all have the same stats only 1 had any difference and that was in HP and it went from 11 to 12 but when bread it hatched egg is back to 11HP

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
they are still same stats when hatched i don't know what to do

Take the Zorua to the IV checker in the Battle Resort's Pokemon Center and he'll tell you your Pokemon's highest IVs. Then take them to the Battle Institute in Mauville and enter a battle with one (species clause is in effect there, meaning you can't use multiple Pokemon of the same species). The Zorua will auto-level to 50 and you can use an Individual Value calculator to check their IVs. I'd recommend going for 20-31 IVs in the stats you're taking advantage of.

Here's an alternative if you're willing to start breeding all over again: use the DexNav in Route 101 (where Zorua is found, but only as a hidden Pokemon) and build up a chain or so there. This increases their search level, which increases the odds of you getting a Pokemon with multiple perfect IVs (symbolized by up to 3 stars in the Pokemon's Potential section, though even with 3 stars, the Pokemon could have more than 3 perfect IVs, so they're worth keeping an eye out for).

Dexnav mechanics in these links.

Years
ok i did the guy and he said they were decent all around one had good SA one had good SD
i went to battle institue and screwed up battled but didnt level up to 50 they just were hatched and I'm fighting this dude who switched stuff and now they are leveling up level wise like crazy since I'm able to KO this guys pokemon

i knew it was gonna be hard but this is really getting depressing

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2016
Pokemon ORAS WiFi Troubles :(

So apparently I'm the only person in the world that has this problem. >_> It's been going on for a few months now. Basically everything EXCEPT battling friends, acquaintances, and passerbys work. Everytime I challenge/get challenged to a battle, I receive a communication error at the team preview screen. If I pick my team fast enough before the comm error, then it happens like halfway into the battle. I've tried getting around this many different times with many different teams. One time I even went out and caught a pokemon to test it and still got the comm error. Trading, Battle Spot, Wonder Trade, and even my other games (Smash bros, Monster Hunter) work flawlessly so I don't understand what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this or come across a solution to this problem?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yeah. It's usually because of your wifi connection. Pokémon seem to need a stable and steady internet. One measly little hiccup and you're disconnected. :/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I tend to find that the Battle Resorts "cheats". It did in X/Y, in fact. It recognizes your team and then counters that team; it's like an unfair advantage to the game in matching you rather than just providing random teams to beat up. After the first 10 battles, every battle is an uphill climb.

EDIT: I mean the building where everything is Lv.50, BTW.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Where is the best place to grind levels in ORAS? I use the cafes in XY and I tried just rebattling trainers in ORAS, but that doesn't cut it. E4 doesn't cut it either because if I'm training more Pokemon, it's probably to take them through the E4 so that would be weird. I don't really like using the E4 as a leveling up method and never have, so that's out. Are there any other trainers that give out decent experience that I can fight? Or somewhere with Audino or something? I used the Audino in the Giant Chasm in gen V, but I know we don't have shaking grass anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back