• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
In Advance Map, go to the Block Editor and select the tile you want to change (a TV, bookshelf, whatever), and edit the number in the first box that's titled "Behavior Byte" and change it to $00. So using the example of the Bookshelf tile, you'd replace the $89 part to $00. Hope this helps ;)

Well, yes, that's a way, but then you have to add signs to get a new message. I was wondering if it was possible to change the core of that script, you know that if a sprite has $89, you will get the message you have defined personally.

Years
Well, yes, that's a way, but then you have to add signs to get a new message. I was wondering if it was possible to change the core of that script, you know that if a sprite has $89, you will get the message you have defined personally.

Well, you could always text edit the script, or use JPAN's patch that allows you to make custom Behaviour Bytes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
Problem with movement script.
Using advance map 1.92 and pokescript
Here is my script:
#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $dontgo
$dontgo 1 = please don't go
boxset 6
applympvement 0x1 $coming
pausemove
message $comeback
$comeback 1 = come with me
boxset 6
applymovement 0x1 $followone
applymovement 0xFF $followtwo
pausemove 0
message $hereyago
$hereyago 1 = Here we are
boxset 6
release
end

#org $coming
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0xFE

#org $followone
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0xFE

#org $followtwo
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0xFE

----------------
After I inserted the script into the game I loaded the rom in VBA To test the script. When I talked to the person I assigned the script to I got an error message:

"Unsupported BIOS function c7 called from 026664a8. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behavior"

I clicked ok and the game reset. I went back to the same part of the game and talked to the person. The error message didn't pop up but the game restarted again...

Can anyone help?

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
I'm not a pokescript guy, but I noticed you have:
applympvement 0x1 $coming

shouldn't it be
applymovement 0x1 $coming?

Like I said I use XSE, not pokescript, so sorry I cant help out further.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
there are 2 things i need and searched for, and i didn't found.(pokemon ruby)
i use XSE
1. what is the form of a pokemon trading script? i have the "trader advanced" ,but it's not helping me to do the script.
can anybody help me?
2. i need the offset of the intro. i dont likr to edit it with the A-TEXT .

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
FireRed, First Pokemon, Script Trouble.

Game: Pokemon FireRed
Editor: PokeScript
Script: Acquiring your first Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Basically my key problem is that the Pokemon party menu refuses to appear, I have trawled the internet for hours with no luck searching and solidly believe the flag is 0x828 but no luck. Also problems with removing the Pokeball sprite after the event, and finally problems with naming the acquired Pokemon: information on the naming screen is set to ??? as well as the mini image. Any help would be much appreciated. Thx.

Years
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Editor: PokeScript
Script: Acquiring your first Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Basically my key problem is that the Pokemon party menu refuses to appear, I have trawled the internet for hours with no luck searching and solidly believe the flag is 0x828 but no luck. Also problems with removing the Pokeball sprite after the event, and finally problems with naming the acquired Pokemon: information on the naming screen is set to ??? as well as the mini image. Any help would be much appreciated. Thx.
Setting the flag 0x828 will activate the Pokémon menu. Using the hidesprite command, and setting a flag which is also the Pokéball sprite's Person ID will hide it permenantly. As for the nicknaming part, I don't use Pokéscript so don't know what the namepokemon command requires.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Can someone tell me why it is that when I try to dump the menu text in Fire Red using WindHex, this is what I get (this is an extract of the resulting .txt):

Code:
//ATUS P[LINE]
//ROBLEM[LINE]
//END[LINE]

That should read "STATUS PROBLEM" but the first 2 letters of "STATUS"
are missing, plus there's an unnessecary line break after the first
letter of "PROBLEM". The entire dumped .txt file looks like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
I'm having problems with understanding 'specials' in scripts. Is there a list to see what each special does? The list in diegoisawesome's tutorial doesnt really seem complete. For example, in the PC-in-your-bedroom script there are several not-mentioned specials.

special 0x187
special 0x17D
special 0xD6
special 0xF9
special 0x190

Years
I'm having problems with understanding 'specials' in scripts. Is there a list to see what each special does? The list in diegoisawesome's tutorial doesnt really seem complete. For example, in the PC-in-your-bedroom script there are several not-mentioned specials.

special 0x187
special 0x17D
special 0xD6
special 0xF9
special 0x190
This post has a long list of specials.

Special 0x187 is used for Daycare Scripts, though it's not entirely known what it's used for.
I couldn't find what special 0x17D does.
Special 0xD6 makes the computer screen flash.
Special 0xF9 is used for Item Storage Mailbox Decoration.
I also couldn't find anything on special 0x190.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

special 0x187
special 0x17D
special 0xD6
special 0xF9
special 0x190

If you're looking for an entire list of FR/LG specials, this thread has the most complete documentation on them by far.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
This post has a long list of specials.

Special 0x187 is used for Daycare Scripts, though it's not entirely known what it's used for.
I couldn't find what special 0x17D does.
Special 0xD6 makes the computer screen flash.
Special 0xF9 is used for Item Storage Mailbox Decoration.
I also couldn't find anything on special 0x190.

Thank you :)

Next question: Where can I find the whole script used for giving you the first Pokémon? I can find the script where Oak takes you back to the lab, but I can't find the part that makes you walk up in the lab and then the dialogue part. Anyone?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Thank you :)

Next question: Where can I find the whole script used for giving you the first Pokémon? I can find the script where Oak takes you back to the lab, but I can't find the part that makes you walk up in the lab and then the dialogue part. Anyone?

The part where you and Oak walk into the lab is a level script, one which activates when you walk into a new map. Go to the Header tab in Advance Map and scroll down until you reach the 'Map Script' section. Find script number 2 and open it - That should be how you find the level script you want. The part where you get a Pokemon is completely different and is activated when you speak to one of his Pokeballs.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2020
Pokeball reappears

So I'm trying to get a pokeball to disappear after you get the pokemon, but it reappears after you take one step away form it.

Here's the script

Spoiler:

I have tried other commands, too.
I've tried applymovement @wherever, disappear 0x1, but they all do the same thing, which is let the pokeball reappear after you step away.

Oh yea, I'm using pksv as my editor of choice.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
So I'm trying to get a pokeball to disappear after you get the pokemon, but it reappears after you take one step away form it.

Here's the script

#org 0x8EB0B30
'-----------------------------------
lock
checkflag 0x1000
if true jump 0x8EB0B80 ' Flag is set
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if == jump 0x8EB0B90 ' Equal To
addpokemon POLIWHIRL 5 NONE 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x1000
storepokemon 0x0 POLIWHIRL
message 0x8EB0BA0 ' It's Poliwhirl!
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x8EB0B80
release
end

#org 0x8EB0B90
msgbox 0x8EB0BB0 ' You don't have enoug...
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
release
' Release commands close any open messages
end

#org 0x8EB0BA0
= It's Poliwhirl!

#org 0x8EB0BB0
= You don't have enough room in your party.

I have tried other commands, too.
I've tried applymovement @wherever, disappear 0x1, but they all do the same thing, which is let the pokeball reappear after you step away.

Oh yea, I'm using pksv as my editor of choice.

When you want to make somebody/ something disappear for good you need to set a flag at some point in your script (which you have done with flag 0x1000). The OW is reappearing because you have not set its 'Person ID' to this flag that you have set. Basically, to prevent the Pokeball from reappearing, set its Person ID number to 1000 in Advance Map.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
'-----------------------
#org 0x80061E
msgbox 0x88006E8 '"Wait! Wait! Wait!"
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88006C3
pause 0x30
msgbox 0x880063F '"You can't go out there\nwithout you..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880063B
setfarbyte 0x13 0xE3D3FFFE

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x8006C3
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80063B
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8006E8
= Wait! Wait! Wait!

#org 0x80063F
= You can't go out there\nwithout your own Pokemon.\pWild Pokemon will hurt you.

I made this script to stop me from moving and then take a few staps back (you can only approach the script from the right). But when I pass the script, nothing happens and I can just continue walking. What is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back