• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
Why is this ROM Hack bad? Because it has Pokemon Ruby tiles and nothing else I presume... I like it with the tiles it has to be honest, especially the trees.

By the way the Pokemon and trainers are supposed to be like that. They're zombiefied remember? By the way when Snakewood is complete or if I start playing it I will have what thingy I need to complete on the completion list. Don't ask questions until I reach 100 and that may take 4-infinity months. And when I reach 100 and you have a question PM me. I might not know the answer.

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
Since I have 0 clue where to find the item to break the crate to catch Luca, I'm probably going to walk through walls to catch Luca. I was thinking about it during school and I was like 100% sure that it was going to be the spiked glove, but no. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I ended up doing just that, but there was no epic battle. Were you supposed to fight the guy on mount doom with the sunglasses?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
So at the risk of getting yelled at, will updating my current file (around Mauville right now) to the recent update have any negative effects on the file? Anything I should look out for in the way of glitches? I'm not very familiar with this kinda stuff so more so just looking for confirmation :P Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Alright, so I noticed in the new patch that Linnone's leveling up is messed up. It can't earn any more experience and level up. You'll be able to see that next episode I upload. It goes back to normal when I use the old version so I assume it had something to do with when you fixed the evolution glitch :P

JLtheking

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Alright, so I noticed in the new patch that Linnone's leveling up is messed up. It can't earn any more experience and level up. You'll be able to see that next episode I upload. It goes back to normal when I use the old version so I assume it had something to do with when you fixed the evolution glitch :P

I just sent you a PM as to why this glitch happens. To fix it, you can either spam train it till it levels up (which will happen, after a few thousand exp as seen in the pokemon's status screen), or you can open the game in YAPE and edit the growth rate.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Not sure if it has to do with the last patch, but when I got to the invisible cake related Deadly Seven fight, I was somehow able to walk right past it (going a bit below center when entering Lilycove. However, I figured I'd go back and fight them now, realizing I missed it. It works fine, and the fighting goes the way it should until Robotnov (I think that's the one... he has a Golbat first). Anyway, when it gets to him, the text starts and it gets to him sending out Golbat. Then it freezes. I tried it twice, thinking it might just be a one time error. It kept happening. Not sure if its an error on my end or not, but figured I'd report it.

JLtheking

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hey I don't know if it is okay to post this but I shall.

I just recently started a walkthrough guide of Pokemon Snakewood. The main purpose is just to help people starting to play this game who get stuck at certain points. Of course it also includes helpful hints along the way. I have completed up to episode 9 (New mauville mystery), with episode 7 currently uploading.

My voice sucks, but it gets better at about episode 4, when I finally decided to record the game audio in seperate layers from my commentary.

Sorry if my videos suck and wasted your time! XD

The link is in my signature.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Aaaand...

I'm back! I see that lots and lots has happened in my absence, and once again I find myself hard-pressed to even begin to answer all of these posts. I shall work through them as best I can, and, since I neglected to multi-quote, shall do so in the old-fashioned manner.

To axman11224: I have fixed Linoone. The resultant glitch is fixable, ought to apply solely to previously-owned Linoone like yours, and should cause no lasting damage. I hope.

To Varelse: I'll look into this. The battle ought to have started. Also, you don't need an item to break the crate. It's a move.

To Drudon: Damn it, my fix seems to have done more harm than good. I'm going to have to rethink this.

To pokemonpokemonpokemon59: I do. You seem to be judging the game based on its earliest stage, which doesn't pretend to be anything other than the work of a ham-fisted amateur (which is in fact what it is). There are sprites that are better later on; Trainer sprites in particular tend to be far more sophisticated than recolours. Zombiemon are mostly just recolours, however, and this, naturally, is a combination of laziness, ineptitude and the fact that they're still basically the same Pokémon. To be honest, I don't care what anything in the game looks like as long as it gets the message across; the only important aspect of the game for me is the pointless, rambling story. Graphics are nothing but a distraction, because so often they serve only to make people forget the fact that they're wasting their time playing something utterly banal and uninteresting. I will say no more about this.

To jvpski3: Thanks for enjoying.

--End Communication--​

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
<Also, should we have access to the abandoned ship? I still get the message about lasers... I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be in this patch.>
Just realized that you have to get the call first.

EDIT: @Cutlerine I had moved past the invisible thing before the patch, and am still able to now.

EDIT2: Now I see them in Lilycove... I'll try it again and see if it works. Nope, and this time (and one of the other several times, but not all) I got this message
"Unsupported BIOS function e2 called from 00104041. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."

EDIT3: Just checked Lilycove Museum Basement... (funny dialogue by the way). Not sure if you're supposed to wait until after the Elite Four or something (that's what I'm up to right now), but I get the message about not being able to destroy the box in the basement. Again, not sure if that's intentional or not.

EDIT4: Found another bug. The character sprite is showing up in the spot to the left of the door to the weather institute and I can't enter. That wasn't the case before this patch. -- Passed it again, and this time the character sprite was to the right of the door. Not quite sure what the issue is there, but I still can't enter the door anymore.

EDIT5: Now I can't enter the Pokemon League or Victory Road... from either end. Not sure what's going on. Starting to think its an issue on my end. :/

Last edited:

2122wolf

3rd Generation Journeyman
Years
Ha well it would be nice to at least be notified when your post is deleted so that you are still able to ask the other questions you asked besides the reason it gets deleted. But nevermind, I found a patched rom to use (don't have a pc to do the patching myself), will try this hack out shortly dude, it looks really really awesome :D
PS - impression of this forum so far: overboard paranoid crazy rules and security. .
Update: doesn't run in vBag :(

Last edited:
Years
Decent hack, I'm in Victory Road atm, but just wanted to report that Magnemite learns Thundershock THREE TIMES o.o;

also there are a number of mapping glitches (movement permission errors/improper tile use) but most of them should be fine.

Also, a lot of the battle scripts will not occur again if you lose to them (you probably already know this). Like the Lilycove battle at the top floor, I lost to him and the event did not occur again :/

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I've tried every day, once a day, but I can't catch this stupid Luca DX Then I'm going hunting for the "epic battle"

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
This game is phenomenal! I love the whole Zombie idea and how half of the world has already been deserted thanks to the zombies. I swear if I were to go pick up my Ruby right now and play, I'd be thinking "When did that get there!?! I thought it was destroyed by the-....Oh nevermind..." =P Anyway, love the game. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
Uh, umm, is there anyone who can tell me where to get ALL of the Madios and their rough stats? I know it's kind of cheap to take the surprise out of the game, but I'm in love with the Madios, especially Seamadio, and help would be appreciated! Also, Cutlerie, this hack is AMAZING! The new mons, story, and INFURIATING puzzles are great! REALLY great! I love it!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Madio cave. When you're there you'll know it. Trust me.. you'll be there a long time. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Time.

Back