• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
hey Linkandzelda and Zeikku great hack u made really enjoying it so far.
I discovered A Huge experience bug.
My Cyndaquil was a typlosion even before the first gym and my gastly leveled up 22 levels for only fighting a bellsprout xD I'm getting WAY to strong for it to be a challenge.
is this a common bug????

EDIT:did just saw the post above

Last edited:

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
this is just for explaination purposes:
taken from the newest live beta (if it hasnt been updated today 1/5/2012)

1325779837966.png

1325779844334.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I dont know if somebody already said it, but if u use teleport with abra. it will teleport you to Kanto.
Also i find the weather very annoying, its changing all the time...

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
To all who are complaining about EXP glitches: it is partially intentional and partially not.

The live beta recently had the BW experience system added to it. Oddly, I found none of these problems when testing it myself.

If one Pokemon receives less EXP than another in a split battle, that is because that Pokemon is a higher level. That is intentional, however, the no experience may be caused by a flag glitch - I shall need to investigate that.

I also did not find the slots glitch for exp gain that you are reporting. I suspect it is caused by the same glitch.

As to the super exp gain - I have no idea what's causing that, so could you give me some details to follow up on to see if I can fix it.

Also - we did say the live beta would potentially be very buggy!

I downloaded a live beta 3.1 gba file off the internet and I'm using gameboid on my Droid razr to play. I'm getting like500 exp from level 4 Pokemon. My chickorita went up to level 12 from leveonfive after killing one pokemon level 5 Pokemon.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I downloaded a live beta 3.1 gba file off the internet and I'm using gameboid on my Droid razr to play. I'm getting like500 exp from level 4 Pokemon. My chickorita went up to level 12 from leveonfive after killing one pokemon level 5 Pokemon.

1) It is not a LIVE beta if you downloaded a ROM from somewhere. We would appreciate it if you could tell us where you got this ROM from (but not on here, PM us or something) so that we can ask for its removal. You HAVE to use the link posted in LaZ's posts in order to get the latest IPS, then patch it to a ROM. This IPS will be, at worst, 15 minutes out of date.

2) Unfortunately - We cannot support anything except the designated emulator as none of us own the equipment needed to debug such an emulator.

Incidentally - the new exp gain routine relies on a software interrupt which may not exist on some emulators - this is a possibility for why the game freaks out when awarding exp.

Finally - to the best of our knowledge, none of these bugs exist in the actual latest IPS version of the ROM. We all tried playing it tonight and had no such problems.

@lukasz_pro

It was updated at 10:35 pm GMT today. But even then - it wasn't that out of date before that update.

Last edited:
Years
Well I'm using the VBA that you guys provide. :P Unless there's an option I need to toggle, then I don't know what the deal is.

I'll try again though. I figured this was due to the B/W EXP gain system. It'd be nice if there was a prompt or news post for the live beta, Even just a note of its most recent update.

Also, I have yet to have headbutt get me a Pokemon. And I found a Caterpie in the Union Cave basement. I'll try the new live b eta and see if it's any different in regards to EXP.

Years
In my opinion, this game would be better without the black/white exp system. I for one can't stand having to fight lots more pokemon just to raise one of my pokemons level.

I will add this, nintendo should of never made that exp system.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
omfg punches are still special
when this thing will be fixed ? ITS NOT WORKING

Actually, I just checked. It turns out that all attacks are now PHYSICAL :/
I don't know why at this stage - but I can confirm 100% that the elemental punches are physical attacks.

Years
Perhaps the Special/Physical split shouldn't have been done and should just be left as it was in Crystal? Seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth considering all the shortcomings of doing it. (Like fire types having like...two physical fire attacks that I know of)

Also, in the version I have it's working. Two Amnesia's and I'm taking less damage from watergun and bubble.

Multiple defense curls and I am not taking less damage from Tackle, Double Slap, and Quick Attack...

Growl and harden however I know are working.

Yeeeaaah I'd just cut the physical special split.

In the version I just SWITHCED to, Defense Curl reduces Slam's damage. Not Constrict, Poison Sting, or Acid. Tail Whip has effects on Horn Attack. Testing Amnesia in just a bit. Amnesia works with Bubble and Water Gun.

It may be beneficial to integrate some sort of system of informing people the type of attack something is, if we're insistent on keeping it. Then it might be easier to detect...

I also just fished for a Shuckle. :P

ALSO: in this version downloaded after someone told me my version "Must be out of date" the EXP bug still remains.

ALSO: A trainer south of goldenrod has a Goldeen and A seaking with odd movesets...

Goldeen: Tackle, Defense Curl, Jump Kick, Mirror Move
Seaking: Scratch, Defense Curl, (Then I killed it.)

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Seems like there's an awful lot of effort going into making this split thing work. Seems like it would be easier to just release a patch without any sort of split for now.

That way, people can play through the game without these problems. In the meantime, the problem could be continued to be worked on then, once it's fixed, a patch could be released with the split on it.

There would then be two patches: one for those who want the split, and one for those who don't. (I, for one, would rather not have the split without also adding all the 4th gen moves...)

I'm not saying to completely abandon the idea. I think it has merit. All I'm saying is that it requires a lot of effort to get to that stage and people are playing the game NOW. It might be a good idea to give them the most stable version of the game now and work from there.

Edit: Also, all I've been able to get from headbutting trees are Pineco. In the old Crystal version, I seem to recall getting Ekans, Spearow, Spinarak, Hoothoot, Exeggcute and (most importantly) Heracross.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
For some reasons the marts now all seem to be lacking repels, of any sort. Also if anyone can point out where i can get the Totodile. Guide would be great for that, along with some of the things that have been changed in terms of how you get items or pokemon from the original Crystal/Gold/Silver version. When does lapras appear?

Years
can someone answer my question ? (LAZ or zeikku)
when last time live beta go updated ?

LaZ and Zeikku are not answering due to the fact that they are having a trip somewhere and for your question it's just had been updated once mainly for that Elite four Glitch...

LOOK AT THE POST OF (JAMBO51)
I told you guys that the elemental punches are Physical not Special before...

Last edited:

Lucario14

PKMN Trainer Silver
Years
whats next to do after Seaform cavern, i went to the police hq place and talk to axel but i forgot to read where to go next, can someone please help me?

Last edited:
Back