• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
It's the second, I've tried walking down, but azimov is in the way. He is looking straight down and doesnt say anything when you talk to him, he's blocking me from moving in any other direction. Anyone else experienced this?

Years
Does the game end after you have gotten rod of the Senex and are allowed entry to Gym Island? I am asking that as I already got to that point. If I am then I can or cannot wait until the version with everything else is released.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2011
Spoiler:

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
To Murdoch_dawn:

You can't get up Mt. Pyre that way. You need to go back outside, the correct entrance into Mt. Pyre is on the right side of the mountain.

Cutlerine, just wanted to tell you that I think Ruby tiles are pretty sweet and the Hoenn region is my favorite. I don't know why everybody hates on them, I think the 3rd pokemon gen is cool. Good job for using them

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
After starting over and playing Snakewood, I started having trouble leveling up my Baltoy, so.....I downloaded the Move Editor program and YAPE to...even Baltoy out a little...I am ashamed...:(

At least I would be if I wasnt called cheatfreak23! Ha!

Last edited:

KtTuLu

P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r
Years
After starting over and playing Snakewood, I started having trouble leveling up my Baltoy, so.....I downloaded the Move Editor program and YAPE to...even Baltoy out a little...I am ashamed...:(

At least I would be if I wasnt called cheatfreak23! Ha!

well since we're being honest
I may or may not have downloaded advance map, opened up the patched ruby rom, found the map of Necropolis, and changed everywhere in the super trick maze to walkable due to my inability to navigate through it

I am pretty ashamed of myself tbh

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
well since we're being honest
I may or may not have downloaded advance map, opened up the patched ruby rom, found the map of Necropolis, and changed everywhere in the super trick maze to walkable due to my inability to navigate through it

I am pretty ashamed of myself tbh
Well, YAPE isnt wanting to work, so I cant really make my Pokemon stronger right now, other than using the crappy Quick Lvl Up Gameshark code, which only turns all XP to 500....But yeah, Ive made Baltoy's Sand Tomb move into a ground type Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch that lowers speed...

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
Well im stuck after defeating War in meteor falls and ending in the submarine again.
I can't find the generator which i have to turn on to proceed to the prison.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Okay im at mt.pyre there's a hhead blocking the stairs Idk what to do :/?? And I can't go anywhere else cuz it tells me ..I thought we were going to help t-fangers and denjuu??..

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Okay im at mt.pyre there's a hhead blocking the stairs Idk what to do :/?? And I can't go anywhere else cuz it tells me ..I thought we were going to help t-fangers and denjuu??..

If you read the whole thread, a few other people asked, and got answers. There's another entrance to the side...

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Seriously mkc90, I answered this on the last page, page 38.

"You can't get up Mt. Pyre that way. You need to go back outside, the correct entrance into Mt. Pyre is on the right side of the mountain."

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Seriously mkc90, I answered this on the last page, page 38.

"You can't get up Mt. Pyre that way. You need to go back outside, the correct entrance into Mt. Pyre is on the right side of the mountain."

Dang my bad.. but yea ita my ffault but thanks

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Cutlerine, I found some things that need to be fixed:

1. On the route between pacifidlog town and slateport city(route 134), there's a cave entrance there, but when I try to step on it, nothing happens, I just step on it like any other tile

2. After I beat the elite four, prof. birch called me and said to look for a tunnel from lilycove to sootopolis. So I went back to lilycove and in my searching went to the department store. The deadly seven guy was there on the 1st floor again from when Senex was there, and I helped him fight. There was the exact same text and pokemon as before, but there was the happy dept. store music instead the distress music. And there was the deadly seven guy (whose name I forget, robotnov maybe?) to help out on the second floor too! So I helped him, but when I went to the 3rd floor, no one was there. the rest of the building was empty, so the events on the first 2 floors accidentally got repeated.

I caught roclobster! Is it a legendary? I'll be kinda sad if it is, I was hoping for something cooler... kinda makes me think of shaymin...

And I'm just wondering if I have the last update, or did this right. I downloaded the IPS update from 2 days ago, and installed it on a fresh ROM. Then I played it, and loaded my old game file. Everything seems fine, the problems that were mentioned before were fixed (like no way to get to evergrande city), but the wooper guarding the shipwreck is still there, and it said it would be gone in the next update...

And I got to the part where I got the mysterious phone call in the sewer, and went through all that jazz until I got to pacifidlog town.
a) I got a snack, but I can't find this esau guy. I thought he would be in town, then i tried going to Sky Pillar but there was a tired swimmer in the way, so I have no idea where esau is.
b) the mysterious phone call in the sewer said to look in the shipwreck for his... thing. But the shipwreck's not open yet. Am I as far as I can be until the next update?

Does faceleech evolve into deoxys or something? Faceleech seriously looks like someone just ripped off deoxys' (attack form) arm and trained it to gain intelligence of its own.

Will safari zone be open in the next update?

P.S. sorry for the all the questions, I just haven't posted in a while and thought of a lot to say

And I just thought of something else. One of the girls in the ever grande city pokecenter (by the waterfall) said that 3 of the elite four had been killed. So why are there still four to fight? Did they get replaced, or is the person's text glitched?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Cutlerine, I found some things that need to be fixed:

1. On the route between pacifidlog town and slateport city(route 134), there's a cave entrance there, but when I try to step on it, nothing happens, I just step on it like any other tile

2. After I beat the elite four, prof. birch called me and said to look for a tunnel from lilycove to sootopolis. So I went back to lilycove and in my searching went to the department store. The deadly seven guy was there on the 1st floor again from when Senex was there, and I helped him fight. There was the exact same text and pokemon as before, but there was the happy dept. store music instead the distress music. And there was the deadly seven guy (whose name I forget, robotnov maybe?) to help out on the second floor too! So I helped him, but when I went to the 3rd floor, no one was there. the rest of the building was empty, so the events on the first 2 floors accidentally got repeated.

I caught roclobster! Is it a legendary? I'll be kinda sad if it is, I was hoping for something cooler... kinda makes me think of shaymin...

And I'm just wondering if I have the last update, or did this right. I downloaded the IPS update from 2 days ago, and installed it on a fresh ROM. Then I played it, and loaded my old game file. Everything seems fine, the problems that were mentioned before were fixed (like no way to get to evergrande city), but the wooper guarding the shipwreck is still there, and it said it would be gone in the next update...

And I got to the part where I got the mysterious phone call in the sewer, and went through all that jazz until I got to pacifidlog town.
a) I got a snack, but I can't find this esau guy. I thought he would be in town, then i tried going to Sky Pillar but there was a tired swimmer in the way, so I have no idea where esau is.
b) the mysterious phone call in the sewer said to look in the shipwreck for his... thing. But the shipwreck's not open yet. Am I as far as I can be until the next update?

Does faceleech evolve into deoxys or something? Faceleech seriously looks like someone just ripped off deoxys' (attack form) arm and trained it to gain intelligence of its own.

Will safari zone be open in the next update?

OK:

1) I have no idea what that cave is. I might go take a look.

2) I keep meaning to fix that.

The Wooper's been there since the start of the game. I'm really, really close to removing him, I promise. Maybe.

Esau's in the Gym, where he should be.

Shipwreck isn't open yet. That's true. You can't finish that quest yet.

Faceleech literally is a Deoxys arm, but it's done intentionally: it's a clue. Remember what a Deoxys actually is, and you'll be one step closer to finding the elusive leech.

The Safari Zone can't be opened, because it got swallowed up by a dimensional rift and replaced with the Madio Caves. I thought the guy in front of it tells you that?

And I just thought of something else. One of the girls in the ever grande city pokecenter (by the waterfall) said that 3 of the elite four had been killed. So why are there still four to fight? Did they get replaced, or is the person's text glitched?

Yeah - she's talking about the original Hoenn E4. There's only one of them left, isn't there? The Ice woman? So the other three are all replacements.

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Yeah, as soon as I posted I saw the gym, thanks though. And the guy in front of Safari Zone says creatures from the dimensional rift ate safari zone, but I didn't know the madio caves were supposed to replace it. I thought it would have electric monsters or radio orange or something...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Im pretty sure Ive encountered a game stopping glitch.
When Senex is finished baking his cake, I get teleported into the sky, but Ive heard that is normal. The only direction I can walk is down, where you see Azimov who doesnt say anything when you talk to him. Is there any way to progress past this?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Yeah, as soon as I posted I saw the gym, thanks though. And the guy in front of Safari Zone says creatures from the dimensional rift ate safari zone, but I didn't know the madio caves were supposed to replace it. I thought it would have electric monsters or radio orange or something...

Never mind.

Im pretty sure Ive encountered a game stopping glitch.
When Senex is finished baking his cake, I get teleported into the sky, but Ive heard that is normal. The only direction I can walk is down, where you see Azimov who doesnt say anything when you talk to him. Is there any way to progress past this?

Yes. There ought to be a script that activates when you're about two steps away from Asimov. Obviously, this hasn't happened for you. Since you've had so many problems that no one else has, I'm inclined to believe that something's wrong at your end.

Back