• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Colress

Years
Doing this like how Ashley starts threads on certain topics in the games, but since I like BW2 MUCH more than she does, i'll take it.

In Black 2 and White 2, a new character named Colress was introduced. He's a scientist, whose theme is to bring out the power in Pokémon. He disagrees (inb4 memes) with Team Plasma's approach of wanting to liberate Pokémon so we can see their potential, and thinks trainers are the ones to bring out the potential in Pokémon. You see him throughout the adventure, and you fight him a bit throughout, the most important battle being at the Plasma Frigate. Then you can fight him in the post-game with an even stronger team.

Additionally, he gets a minor shout-out in XY from a Backpacker on Route 10 who says that Colress told him the stones there emit some sort of special energy. Perhaps he paid a visit to Kalos?

What do you think about Colress? Do you find him an interesting character? Do you think he was clearly in Team Plasma for the evil or for discovering Pokémon potential? I personally really liked him because his goals aren't like the overdone and cheesy stuff most villainous teams want, and I always find him really fun to battle, especially with his epic battle theme.

How about you guys? Discuss.

Last edited:
Years
I liked Colress. I think he really brought out some interest for Team Plasma, and made it more interesting, and the characted even stayed AFTER Plasma was disbanded. He reminds me of Xerosic from X and Y.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Colress is a quirky guy and his character reminds me of Cipher Admin Ein from Colosseum. I especially appreciated how he represented the "counter-argument" of Team Plasma's motives. Quality theme music and a very capable team.

Team Plasma itself was a step away from the "evils" of past crime syndicates, and it needed the villainous aspects that Colress provided. That said, his opinion is one that players can side with. Trainers bring out the potential of Pokemon, because they'd just be wild animals without human interaction.

Is he still cheesy and a weirdo? Of course. This is from a game designed for ten year-olds so let us not get ahead of ourselves. Regardless, cool guy.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Colress is a scientist who goes about his own way of doing things, has Internet Explorer hair and uses a Rotom in Wash Forme. I really like him for those reasons, due to him being a different character sort in the world of Pokemon. He's only in Team Plasma for gaining data, so he wasn't truly evil, which I also liked. It's unexpected.

It's a shame that he was more antagonistic in the B/W anime.

Years
He uses Rotom-Wash, has weird looking hair, and that's pretty much everything that caught my attention.

Years
Yeah, as I said, one thing about him is the fact that he seems to want to join Team Plasma to want to rule with Ghetsis, but he wanted to bring out the power in Pokémon alright - and in the post-game, you find out that he hated Ghetsis from the beginning, which is interesting.

That makes you wonder if he was in Team Plasma by force or if he knew what they really wanted or something...

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I sort of like Colress, in part because he has a narrow agenda and doesn't invest any undue emotion into it, and in part because he's a relatively challenging in-game opponent.

He doesn't hate the player character or even wish her/him ill particularly. He's just disconcertingly ruthless and single-minded in his pursuit of answers. That ruthlessness is the only thing that prevents me from fully liking him - it's a dangerous and destructive thing - but at least he's otherwise reasonable and generally a decent sort. And he does have great hair.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
For him, I'd happily go ga-

I MEAN! Colress was my favourite character in BW2! He was very interesting compared to the newer characters introduced in that game, it was obvious that he was connected with Team Plasma but it wasn't apparent which side of the Plasma he fell under up until the battle with him. He has an amazing battle soundtrack unlike any others found in the modern game, uses a Magnezone and Elygem's evolved form and of course his design was just awesomely unique.

Years
I loved Colress, his design and dialogue is so intriguing and I love the theme of his team as well. He's pretty much my fave villain in the entire series even though he was more of an anti-villain which surely was a twist compared to most villains, and I love that quirky hairstyle of his.

Years
I was indifferent. Didn't hate him, but didn't love him either. What I did like was his hairstyle and his choice of Pokemon, and I enjoyed battling him in-game. Since I barely watched any 5th generation anime, I don't know how he was portrayed, or if he even makes an appearance, on the show, but in B/W2, I grew to dislike his personality and motives.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I love how neutral he is--he wants to bring out the power of Pokémon by any means necessary...and when he finds out that being nice to them is the way to go, he rolls with it. Each Pokémon villain is unique in their treatment of Pokémon but Colress was honestly unexpected, which I liked a lot. I also love his design and battle music. He was a really great addition to the ranks of Team Plasma, and he's definitely one of my most favorite Pokémon characters overall.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I thought Colress was the ultimate generic character of all generic characters. He just seemed so undeveloped and unnecessary to the story. Also, was I supposed to be surprised we learned he worked with Team Plasma? Was I the only one who thought this was super obvious? I was actually confused when they introduced him in Plasma's ship because I was convinced he was working with them at the beginning, haha. I was like "Why are the telling me things I already know..?"

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Colress is one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise because of how colorless he is. He's obsessed with his research, and his research only. He doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about Ghetsis and world domination. Also, he was the one who first hinted at Mega Evolution (never stated but in the end Mega Evos fit his research like a glove), even though back in B2W2 he didn't find out how to further extract all the power of a Pokémon. I wonder what would happen if he visited Kalos and found about the Mega Stones.

Back