• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Least favourite 4th gen Pokemon?

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
Because I didn't say it last time, Garchomp. Looks like something specifically designed to appeal to kids. Has a perpetually depressed/stoned look on his face. Was on everyone's team back in the day, and it didn't help that Platinum let you catch him as early as after the 2nd badge. Just a generally unoriginal choice for your team IMO.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Freakin' Lickilicky. That name is just terrible and I don't know what they could have been thinking in letting that pass. Did they think that was okay? That when players ask friends if they could trade them a Lickilicky that it would be appropriate? WHY?!

Empoleon6667

Gengar Fanboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
LikiLiki I dislike this Pokemon because of its look in general, although I do not like Arceus for being INCREDIBLY weak LikiLiki took it way to far. I can stand Regigias and I like The other three Regis too.(Regice, Regirock, and Registeel.) :D

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Aww, I hate seeing Arceus hate. I agree it's steel variant is a b♥♥♥♥ online, but it's lore is actually kind of fascinating. :P When I used the Azure Flute and walked up those stairs, I was just so excited to see what would happen next.

The most dangerous Arceus variant competitively is actually Arceus-Normal, because it can run a very threatening Swords Dance + ExtremeSpeed set (also known as Extreme Killer)

Another Pokemon I don't like is Phione. What is the point of it? It's just a weaker Manaphy that's even harder to obtain, and it just plain sucks both in-game and online.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Lickilicky. Piling on the hate of the giant tongue fat man, Lickilicky's just plain derpy. Sure, its stats are actually pretty okay for its appearance, but it just looks and feels stupid to use.

Did we really need Lopunny? Sure it looks okay and all, but the fandom's gushing all about it in the wrong way. Did we really need a Pokemon that's basically become Pokemon's version of sex appeal? Or did Gardevoir need a replacement :I

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Gastrodon and Lickilicky
The rest of the Pokemon i enjoyed quite a lot :)

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
Years
4th gen is by far my fav gen, but i hate a LOT of gen 4 pokemon, let's begin:

Bidoof. Nuff said.
Chingling, completely and utterly useless and outclassed even in-game.
Probopass, just.... what is WRONG with this thing?
Bronzor, while this thing seems fairly well excepted by the community as a whole, I personally hate it.
Arceus, for the many, many reasons stated above.
Pachirisu, Weak stats, unoriginal design, lackluster movepool, I especially hate this one.

P.S. I actually like lickilicky for the simple fact of how hilarious and derpy it looks, show the fat-tounged blob some love, guys. :)

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Adding to the Lickilicky hate. That thing is truly awful, and I regret not putting one on my derp team in Black 2.

I'm also biased against the Chimchar line, because monkeys creep me out.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Magmortar.
I hated it because I had been expecting it since Gen 2 when Magmar was my favorite pokemon to use and then when it came out I was just disappointed in both design and ability.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I actually like Lickilicky, it's pretty cute imo. xD;;

But I'm not a big fan of the designs of Bibarel and Wormadam. Kricketune freaks me out and Tangrowth is just creepy for some reason. >_<

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape.
Their designs are just plain horrible to me, I ink their cries annoying, their Typing is comprised of my two least favourite Types, what they're based off I think are just ugh, their Abilities are somewhat annoying, and just everything possible went wrong with them.

I despise them.

Incidentally, they're also my least favourite Pokémon overall.

A new Pokemon i really disliked was Finneon/Lumineon line. Just another generic fish, less than average stats and nothing special at all about it. As for a new evolution i really dislike, hands down Licky-Licky.

Except for the fact that they were essentially an inverse Masquerin, being one of the very, very few Waters with prominent access to the Bug/Flying Wind-based Movepool.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Least favorite? Tangrowth and Lickilicky come to mind. Too much design on already over-the-top designs (sorry Tangela and Lickitung). Both of these evolutions attempted to make these Pokemon lines good for competitive, but failed overall.

The reason I hate Gliscor so much is how much of a hassle it is to take out. Poison Heal + Toxic Heal + Stat Boosters = I want to ragequit. I must say though, there were quite a few Gen 4 Pokemon that I disliked.

Years
I've never been fond of Buizel/Floatzel. Lickilicky is weird, yes, but...eh. I kind of like it. n_n Okay. I can't lie, it's pretty disturbing.

Tangrowth's design is weird, though. It's like..literally overgrown.

Years
I have quite a lot of Pokemon I didn't like from Sinnoh, actually. Purugly looks hideous and ferocious, and its overly round face looks unsettling. Rhyperior disappointed me, because if I liked the concept a bit more, I would've actually caught a Ryhorn. Unfortunately, its final stage turned out to be all over the place design-wise, as well as an odd color scheme. Probopass looks like a scratched idea for a toy, especially with the bushy, odd-looking mustache.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Am I the only one to think that Skuntank is horrible? Frickin galactic grunts.. >.<

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Gastrodon. It's also my least favorite Pokemon of all time. Why? Because of one damn time where I was walking through some grass. Not sure what I was doing. I believe I was just passing through, trying to progress to the next area. Then they showed up.

One after the other, that horrible annoying splort cry made me want to impale somebody. And the way it squirmed around slimily and unpleasantly... it did not endear me to this Pokemon at all. If it weren't for that cry, I probably wouldn't dislike it as much. But it's the unpleasant appearance combined with the cry that left Gastrodon with a special place in my anti-heart.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Shieldon/Bastiodon: I feel they are just weird and lame designs.
Burmy/Wormadam: Just really strange... what is Wormadam even suppose to be? I like Mothim though.
Pachirisu: We got Minun/Plusle the generation before, why do we need this Pikachu wannabe? At least Emolga was more original.
Leafeon/Glaceon: Have to be the worst Eevee evolutions to date, they suck both competitively and in-game. And they just aren't cool, my order for eevee evolution's is Jolteon>Espeon>Umbreon>Vaporeon>Sylveon>Flareon>>>>>>>>>Glaceon=Leafeon.
Probopass: Looks like a train, or a giant scrubber.
And all legendaries except for Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Darkrai.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I think the only one I didn't like was Regigigas. It required Regice, Regirock and Registeel to get it, and even then it was a failure for it's slow start ability.

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
Years
So here they are, in my opinion:

#1:regigigas

I refuse to capitalize regigigas because I hate it to death. I don't think this atrocity can be called a Pokemon. Seriously, what was GameFreak smoking when they decided to create this thing? I mean, COME ON.

1. Horrible ability: Slow Start makes you weak and slow for 5 turns, which I guess CAN be stalled in-game, but 5 turns is enormous in competitive battling, especially when regigigas doesn't have access to Protect or Rest.
2. Horrible name: regigigas? Really? And this is why most people call it "Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigas".
3. Horrible design: what is it supposed to be? regigigas looks like a face with weird ears and a weird nose. And what's up with those green feet?
4. Extremely painful to catch: To get it, you will need to catch all 3 Regis from Emerald, then transfer them to Platinum and you can get regigigas. Sounds easy, right? Well, not really.
a) All 3 Regis have a catch rate of 3, so you'll need a lot of PokeBalls to get them, and possibly some soft resets because they just won't let themselves get catched.
b) You need to trade them to Platinum, which means you need 2 DS's.
c) regigigas is at level 1, which means you'll need to use a HM slave or a Pokemon with False Swipe.
d) regigigas still has a catch rate of 3, so you'll need once again to throw a lot of Dusk Balls, PokeBalls or whatever.

So yeah, regigigas is my absolute least favorite Pokemon of Gen 4.
I disliked Regigigas a lot because it didn't match the other Regis. The other Regis, when caught in Emerald, each know at least Curse, Superpower, and Ancient Power. Regigigas, as part of the Regis, should at least know these three moves. I agree with how hard the Regis are to catch in Emerald. I think the only one I had an easy time with was Regirock and that's because I used a Water/Ground-type (My Swampert) who resisted and had high defense. The others gave me hell. Regigigas was relatively easy with the Nest Ball. Still hated it and its design. The Regis were only on my Platinum game because I needed to transfer them to my White and then Y versions and my SS game is not in Fuchsia City yet. But I agree with the hate on Regigigas.

Back