• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I re-remake bunnelby since my old one looks ugly
MtVZXRI.png

This one is alot better, I may accept it as a base.
Though it'll need quite a few touch ups.

Can I give some small suggestions?

Things like Aroma's shiny are obnoxious so I made a few small adjustments to the fluff outlines so it looks better on the shiny and the regular looks perfect. Purple/pink to purple/blue, makes perfect sense thanks GF! For the left eye I also cut some of the nose outline to make it clearer.

I would also dare to say that the eye needs another shade, I can't think of similar sized eyes that only have one. Perhaps cut the fluff highlight or head highlight to add a darker eye.

Cheers Layell! I liked the changes you made.
As for suggestions, I don't actually have space for any new colours, so I just made the right eye (relative to the Pokemon) pure black. If you meant for the iris, then there's nothing I can do. The only possibility would perhaps be removing the second shade of white.
I also added more black to the skirt feather thing to make it stand out a bit more.

Here is the new Aromatisse!

qneqv1j.png

There are resource packs you can download consisting of every sprite sheet from the DS games. Then you can run a Action Script to upscale to nearest neighbor. You'd be done in about 5 minutes. Had to do this for Pokemon 3D.

Anyways, I like the upscales, though I'd suggest using Alpha PNGs or actually selecting the Green to be transparent through GIF settings. That's the point of the colored BG is to use a color not ever going to be used in a palette and then making it transparent for the game engines to read. So as it stands right now the sprites all have BGs to be removed to utilize.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
These sprites are aimed at the GBA games, which require a specific colour assigned to be a background, as they do not do transparency in any other way.

Hey nice sprites, just wondering are you planning on doing sprites for diancie hoopa volcanion mega latias/latios or az floette

Yes I do. But only once they are officially released.
I've added Diancie to the list.

Also for anyone else, I've redone the Amaura front slightly!
Still uses Gexeys' base, but I changed the sails, legs and eyes slightly,
to match the sugimori artwork better.

tkeTP6F.png

WAS

Years
This one is alot better, I may accept it as a base.
Though it'll need quite a few touch ups.

Cheers Layell! I liked the changes you made.
As for suggestions, I don't actually have space for any new colours, so I just made the right eye (relative to the Pokemon) pure black. If you meant for the iris, then there's nothing I can do. The only possibility would perhaps be removing the second shade of white.
I also added more black to the skirt feather thing to make it stand out a bit more.

Here is the new Aromatisse!

qneqv1j.png

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
These sprites are aimed at the GBA games, which require a specific colour assigned to be a background, as they do not do transparency in any other way.

Yes I do. But only once they are officially released.
I've added Diancie to the list.

Also for anyone else, I've redone the Amaura front slightly!
Still uses Gexeys' base, but I changed the sails, legs and eyes slightly,
to match the sugimori artwork better.

tkeTP6F.png

That's what I meant about the color. Was wondering if you were using a color the engine was reading or a random color. I've seen people throwing off-colors before.

But yeah, Photoshop has a scripting engine you can use to batch resize all images in a folder according to the proportion and size restraints you set. As well as picking the "Nearest Neighbor" setting to properly upscale/downscale the sprites. You can then also make it duplicate the layer, and fill the background with the desired color for the GBA engines to read.

It comes in handy, trust me. When you got thousands of images to process it is definitely worth the time writing a small 15 line script and running it for 3 minutes.

PS I love Amaura! Adorable!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

That's what I meant about the color. Was wondering if you were using a color the engine was reading or a random color. I've seen people throwing off-colors before.

But yeah, Photoshop has a scripting engine you can use to batch resize all images in a folder according to the proportion and size restraints you set. As well as picking the "Nearest Neighbor" setting to properly upscale/downscale the sprites. You can then also make it duplicate the layer, and fill the background with the desired color for the GBA engines to read.

It comes in handy, trust me. When you got thousands of images to process it is definitely worth the time writing a small 15 line script and running it for 3 minutes.

PS I love Amaura! Adorable!

Thanks for the tip, but I doubt I'll be employing it, mainly because
this isn't really a resizing project. I'm drawing all these sprites by hand,
bar a few.
Glad you like the Amaura sprite!

Anyway, I've done Pumpkaboo! Credits to Wobblebuns from the XY Sprite Project
for the front sprites for all four sizes of Pumpkaboo!

lken5vx.png

Years
I didn't realise just how complicated spriting a pokemon can be until I started working on Helioptile. I worked on the front sprites first and then did the back sprites this morning (it was morning for me anyway) XD. If these aren't good enough I'll see if I can fix them (I'll need to know where to improve them though). Hopefully we can get all these sprites done soon so that we can use them :)

21exympdsc0u9jofg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f92f/21exympdsc0u9jofg.jpg -> The link to the sprite if it makes it easier to use.
Also if in the mean time anybody wants to use this sprite you may, but some credit would be required.

Decided to see if I could do anything else and impressed myself with this heliolisk sprite, so I'm adding this as well. Same rules apply, let me know if you see a way that this should be edited (constructive criticism and all that). Also, in case anyone was wondering I went for the 'frill up' look for Heliolisk's back sprite.
77472blk7g39fwlfg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b3c0/77472blk7g39fwlfg.jpg -> The link to the sprite

Last edited:

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
Years
Hey mr. dollsteak, so far the sprite quality is still amazing
If I may offer a request, I think it would be cool and unique to portray heliolisk's front and back sprites with its
frills up like the guy who posted above me because its unique and looks better IMO
Keep it up though, looking good!

Years
Hey mr. dollsteak, so far the sprite quality is still amazing
If I may offer a request, I think it would be cool and unique to portray heliolisk's front and back sprites with its
frills up like the guy who posted above me because its unique and looks better IMO
Keep it up though, looking good!

sorry,Mrdollsteak said no requesting :(

Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
707_Klefki.png
707_Klefki%20Back.png
707_Klefki%20%28Shiny%29.png
707_Klefki%20Back%20%28Shiny%29.png

By fiercely jingling its keys, it threatens any attacker. It is "Klefki".
The images are indexed, so you should be able to directly insert them into your game.
Hope you guys like them!

WOW! other than MAYBE looking a bit small, they look good, at least in my eyes!

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Thanks for this contribution, the last time I use these sprites and never had commented.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
thanks for the work guys. I plan on using these in my hack. And don;t worry I am going to add you in the credits ;)

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Hi I'm SCX and I really love your sprite project. I know that you could be the true sprite projector and I know that you using sprite and I also know that It will be successful.:)

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Edit:
Didn't realize I needed permission to post the previous image that was posted.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
EDIT:
forgot its not a re-sizing thread but only custom sprites my mistake. Keep forgetting that :P

Last edited:
Back