• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold Version! Something I've always wanted to do.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
Lookin' g00d, PokeCommunity! This is a thread I'd like to start for my video let's play of Pokemon Gold I started just a few days ago, to commemorate my fifth year on YouTube. This was originally intended to be my first LP, but at the time I didn't have any knowledge of video making, nor did I have decent recording software. Let's check out the progress so far, shall we?

[
youtube][ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqUVLpUE9DM"]IqUVLpUE9DM[/ame][/youtube]

Our adventure begins as LoveGame wakes up and is told how to use a phone he already knows how to operate. He then gets kicked in the chest and befriends Lil' Flip. The two head out and complete the obligatory introductory tasks, and get their asses handed to them by Chicken. Oh noes!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6zCkxS5f0g"]g6zCkxS5f0g[/ame]

As we continue, LoveGame and Lil' Flip start their careers as trainers, defeating the first Gym with minimal trouble (despite him using an Action Replay) and they are joined by the second team member when 50 Cent hatches from the mysterious egg. Ooh!

[
youtube][ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNe4qsGHoI"]hMNe4qsGHoI[/ame][/youtube]

Still high on victory, LoveGame and his two new friends head to the Dirty South down a rather lengthy route full of electric sheep. One of them was all like "Catch me", and LoveGame was all like "Nah son, already used you in White 2." They proceed through a cave of unity and add Omega to their roster for some gender diversity! Yay!

[
youtube][ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdNMhQyZNFA"]mdNMhQyZNFA[/ame][/youtube]

In the latest installment, LoveGame and his three slaves valued partners teach Team Rocket a lesson in flow, ethics, and the proper time to discuss mercy. The second badge is obtained with relative ease, but Chicken's second challenge proves to be worthy. He apparently takes a few notes from Falkner and uses an action replay on his starter, but we are ultimately able to take our revenge after the defeat in the first episode. Justice!

And now, the ragtag group proceeds to head through Ilex Forest, where wild Pokemon somehow appear without the need for tall grass to hide in...

When making anything, be it videos, artwork, or stories, the most important thing to me is feedback and criticism. As I've gotten next-to-none for this LP so far, it'd mean a whole lot to hear from you guys. What do you think of this LP, and how could I improve it. Share your thoughts.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Your voice is really amazing. <33

Great LP so far, and Kudos for starting off with Cyndaquil; (my fav Johto starter <3). Mmm, I don't think there's actually much to improve on - I don't think speeding up the battles is necessary, but, eh, either or! Ah, and you probably should re-check your second vid.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
And now for a much-needed update! LoveGame rounds up Farfetch'd since the charcoal dude was too scared to venture into the forest of dank, then battle a bunch of trainers around the Goldernod area.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Heyhey, thanks for the shoutout! <3

And ugh, I used to hate the Farfetch'd minigame. ;A; I think Farfetch'd in general was a lot better on R/B/Y, because it was one of the few pokemon back then that knew Agility + Swords Dance, but.. yeah.

And hah, your voice overs for the trainers are perfect. :3 Keep it up! <33

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Comin' atcha with another update! This time 'round, LoveGame visits his favorite place in the game, catches Pinsir, and takes on the dreaded Goldenrod Gym. Fiddy Cent and Omega evolve into their final forms on the way to Whitney, and as for the battle, well... you'll just have to see for yourself. All I can say is wow.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CGcV1KIO0"]I3CGcV1KIO0[/ame]

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years

Time for another update! LoveGame squares off against Morty, but not before encountering the goast of George Wood in Burned Tower!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years

Hey, guys! This episode was actually uploaded a day after #7, but I forgot to post it here, lol.

Either way, LoveGame secures his 4th team member and personal favorite after a lengthy struggle, then scales a very "high" tower in this installment!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Okay, so here's the deal. I've actually made and uploaded like 5 parts since the last post and just forgot to post them here. Lol. I recorded another one but the file got corrupted, so I'll have to re-record. Thankfully I got a new mic, and a much better one at that! Anyways, on with the update:

After retrieving the purple potion. LoveGame and co. take on not one but two gyms back-to-back, then head east, because dubs are always better than singles!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years

Update time once again! After swiftly securing the red Gyarados, LoveGame takes the fight to Team Rocket and talks about his prom experiences...

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Nice video man. Awesome nicknames for all your pokemon.

Thanks, glad you like it so far. Here's another update:

This time around, LoveGame had some friends over before recording, and so he left the chill music on while he fought Pryce, got Lil' Flip to his final form, and discussed the Dred Foxx controversy!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh I love your team, Sandslash and Togetic are particularly some of my all-time favourites. I also love that you're training some of the more unexpected Pokémon like Mantine, it's really interesting to see how they fare in battle when it's something I've never even considered trying out. I love your voice and you really do make an entertaining series but I'd recommend trying to sort out the background fuzz/noise, it's a little distracting in a few of the videos haha. Keep it up man, I'm looking forward to more episodes :)

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Ahh I love your team, Sandslash and Togetic are particularly some of my all-time favourites. I also love that you're training some of the more unexpected Pokémon like Mantine, it's really interesting to see how they fare in battle when it's something I've never even considered trying out. I love your voice and you really do make an entertaining series but I'd recommend trying to sort out the background fuzz/noise, it's a little distracting in a few of the videos haha. Keep it up man, I'm looking forward to more episodes :)

Glad to get more feedback, mayne! I love using these underrated/rare Pokemon, both ingame and competitively! You'd be surprised what I've managed to pull off. Great news about the audio, as a matter of fact, I now have a very high-quality mic that sounds much better, so part 14 and onwards will have a significant improvement in sound!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Update time once again!

LoveGame and co. decided to leave the random music on while they defeat Team Rocket for good, and talk about a few more things! w00t!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
My apologies for the huge gap in between updates. I just about forgot this thread existed. I completed this LP last month and now I've got some posts to make!

In this episode, LoveGame is joined by his long-time friend Sparticus for some sexy guest commentary as they ascend to Ho-oh and take the legendary beast on! Then, they slide around in Ice Path for a while.

Also, this is the last episode with my old mic. I switched to the new one for all subsequent episodes.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Thanks for the shoutout!

Lovely work as always; I used to hate the Ice Cavern. x__x Had nooo idea what to do. Omg. Sliding all over the place. Ugh. </3

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
Thanks for the shoutout!

Lovely work as always; I used to hate the Ice Cavern. x__x Had nooo idea what to do. Omg. Sliding all over the place. Ugh. </3

Thanks for the feedback as usual, man! I love how it took both of us to figure out the path. Lol. Here's the next one:

This time, LoveGame returns with a new mic and a new team member to take on the final gym and discuss Dark Souls and Lady Gaga.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years

Comin' atcha with another vid! LoveGame has finally reached Victory Road and proceeds to take on Chicken one final time!

I started using my new intro here, and I gotta say I like it. Also, this vid only rendered in 360 for some reason... Excuse that o 3o

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years

For now, it's time to make the last update for this thread. It all culminates here, where LoveGame takes on the entire Elite Four and the champion in one video!

As the credits roll, we reflect on the game as well as my own progress as a let's player!
Thanks to everyone that followed this thread, and be sure to give me some more feedback, as I'm always looking to improve.

Lastly, I will be doing the Kanto segment as well, so this isn't the final updated after all!

Back