• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social Media

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are some social networking sites that you regularly go to? What are they? How often do you visit this place each day, and what do you usually do when you're there? Me, I used to have a Twitter account. Wound up deleting it, though, since there were only about four to fix people that I talked with. I had them added on Skype and AIM, anyway, which sort of ruined the purpose of me being there. If I knew more people, then this definitely wouldn't have happened. I used to have Facebook, too, but removed my profile due to the same, exact reason. Been planning to create a Tumblr page for some time, but never really got around to it. ):

Soo, anyway, what about you?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Just Twitter and Tumblr, mostly. I also have a facebook but I almost never log on because my family don't know how to social network properly. xD I kinda feel safe using twitter/tumblr. When I was in high school, I was a huge myspace user, which is also where I got a head start on HTML/CSS coding knowledge.

Go make a tumblr, Ashley! You won't regret it :)

Years
Just Twitter usually. I go on it daily out of habit but only tweet once or twice every few days since there isn't much to talk about. Tumblr I go on every once in a while only to search for cute pictures.. reblogging wasn't my thing. Tried it but that didn't work out at all. ;(

Facebook is booooring never got into that!

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I have a fb but it's only for people I know irl, I have a tumblr as well which is for both, and I also join up to tonnes of fanfic, writing and etc forums and sites, usually just to pass time though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I only have Facebook which I only visit once a day, unless I'm adding photos... I mainly use Facebook as my "online album". I also use it to communicate with family when we are home, (otherwise text message). I used to use Facebook a lot when it was first popular, but now... not so much, it does get very boring.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I only really use tumblr as it's the only one that's really interesting. I do check on twitter from time to time though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I only really use facebook. I log in and just keep it open in case someone wants to talk to me, it's where most of my relationships start and how I keep in contact with most of my friends since they don't have phones all the time. I tried using twitter for a day and decided it was the dumbest thing ever invented. I also tried tumblr twice but I could never find the right people to follow so I quit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Facebook is my main social networking site, I used it all throughout high school. I used to go on every day, but now it's probably down to 2-3 times a week. It's nice to see what old friends and classmates have been up to.

I also remember this thing called "Bebo", which was kinda like Myspace iirc. We used that in elementary/middle school to share photos and stuff, it was the Pre-Facebook.

Twitter, instagram, and Vine, I never really got into those.

I finally made a Tumblr about 2 days ago, and I'm loving it so far. I'm probably not doing it "right", I don't follow anyone and I'm only using it to collect pictures and gifs - I used to have a .txt file full of links to Tumblr posts of pictures I like, but it got so long I thought I should just make an actual Tumblr to reblog and categorize all of them instead. It's very convenient and easy to use.

Years
The only social media site that I use regularly is Twitter. It's mostly for following news and events rather than personal interactions, though I guess that is a small part of it for me.

I've got both Instagram and Facebook accounts, but they go untouched, since neither interested me for more than a month or so. I'm also not a big fan of Tumblr, but I do appreciate the amount of customization you can put into it. Just not something for me, though.

Years
Twitter's my site these days, although I do have a Facebook and a tumblr alongside twitter. I mostly tweet with people from PC, but that's because I've never been comfortable with having my online life integrated with my real life, and twitter is a place I could easily let that go, in my opinion (although tumblr is probably better)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Use:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Tumblr

I use Twitter and Facebook the most and Tumblr the least -- I mainly use it for Jennifer Lawrence GIFs XD

Years
I've gone and tried my fair share of social media websites, but the ones that have stuck include: Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram, all of which serve a different purpose. Facebook is mainly for communicating with people where I don't have their numbers; Tumblr is always good for laughs; and Instagram is where I like to be a cam-♥♥♥♥♥, posting pictures XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm on Twitter all the time. It's the best way for me to follow the Internet celebrities that I know, since they post updates about videos/streams/daily things in their lives. I rarely post to my own Twitter because I'm not sure what to say on it in 140 characters or less.

Though I have two Facebooks (to keep real life and Internet life separate) I'm never on there. I never picked up the habit of checking that site out. But since my Internet Facebook has the same role as my Twitter, there's no reason to use it. As for my real life one...I don't really feel like I'm missing much by not checking it!
emot-v.gif

I also have a Tumblr, but I've done nothing with that yet. I have plans for it, which I hope to get started on soon.

Plus, I still have a LiveJournal and a Dreamwidth account.

Oh, and a Google+ account, but I really don't know what to do with that thing.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Facebook, but I rarely use it and I used to play fb games then I fed up because they asked for monies.

Years
I did use Twitter before, but I deleted it because the interest it was focused on kinda died out. Now I have a new one that is Pokémon-oriented. I don't follow too many famous people on this one, but there are a few important ones I got to pick it up on (like Marriland and his personal Twitter, ProfWaffles, to name one).

I do use Facebook, but only for people I have known in real life and don't really get to see anymore. I kinda stopped caring for it recently...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I haven't been very successful in merging my various communities through social networking - my Twitter is made for a forum with drastically different interests than this one and I don't think it would mesh well. I use Facebook as well, but only for people I know in real life or am very close to online.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I have a Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Youtube. I used all except my Facebook. I never really used my Facebook that much anyways. I got it in grade eight and used it because everyone around me was. I was never that kid who uploaded every picture about his life but I did upload some stuff though I've deleted them since. My profile is pretty much empty for the most part. I just don't find reading about my friend's lives interesting. If I wanted to know what was going on, I would chat with them on Skype or in person. Not read about it. I just don't find Facebook interesting whatsoever.

I got my Twitter in grade nine and I used it quite a bit. I've been using it less and less lately however. I use it mainly for finding cute and funny photos or showing people pictures and chatting with friends.

I use Tumblr the most now. I used to never understand the big deal with it but now I totally do. xD I could honestly just sit there finding funny and cute pictures all day long.

I use my Youtube account for favouriting videos and occasionally commenting on videos. I will upload videos to get them off my phone and saved to my hard drive but I don't have a bunch of videos for people to view and favourite.

I have no interest in any other social networking sites. At the moment anyway.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
Only Facebook. The only reason I use it is to keep in touch with people I really like. Otherwise, not really a fan of social media sites. I much prefer forums.

Back