• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

still deciding

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
So a while back i posted a potential team and was looking for different options to fill it since then i have made changes and been ll over the place with it. so now i am left with once again 5 pokemon and undecided on the 6th so here they are in no particular order.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Cute Charm
252 Spatk/252 Spdef/4 HP
Modest

Draining Kiss
Swift
Moonblast
Shadow Ball

yes i know people will say pixilate etc etc but this is the set i like and probably the only pokemon i won't be adjusting it just works for me

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Frisk
252 Sp/252 Spatt/4 Def
Timid

Hurricane
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

This is experimental for me and may change it around a bit.

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Immunity
252 Spdef/252 Atk/4 HP
Adamant

Zen Headbutt
Body Slam
Crunch
Earthquake

Mmmm testing the use of the Assault Vest really thought it would be an interesting way to go

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Spatk/4 Sp
Timid

ThunderBolt
Rapid Spin
Surf/Hydropump
Recover

Yeah i bring it for the spin i keep it for the versatility and recovery

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
252 Spatk/252 Sp/4 Spdef
Modest

Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Overheat
Curse

yeah i know all STAB no coverage i'll take advice on it the curse is obviously a last resort to cripple/force switch

ok so that's the 5 i have in the works any advice? yes i have no entry hazards but i'm not big on the set up i suck at predicting so i'd probably get wiped out trying to do so :). any help is appreciated.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sylveon is best used with Hyper Voice + Pixilate, as the latter turns the former into a Fairy move and powers it up. Draining Kiss is too weak to be worth using, despite its healing side-effect, and Swift is very weak.:
-Wish
-Protect
-Hyper Voice
-Heal Bell/Thunder Wave
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/244 Def/12 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate

or
-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-Baton Pass/Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)/Echoed Voice
Nature: Modest
EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate

The best item for your current Noivern set, IMO, is Life Orb, so it has freedom to switch moves. Choice Specs is best used with Switcheroo to cripple walls with the Choice item, IMO; Hurricane is also a viable option as a secondary STAB, despite the shaky accuracy outside of rain.

Starmie needs all the coverage it can get; it has no room for Recover this time around:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Psyshock
-Rapid Spin
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

Curse is a very situational move on Ghosts, as it eats away at Chandelure's already limited longevity:
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Memento/Trick/Hidden Power (Ground)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire/Infiltrator

or
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
thanks for the advise but you failed to address my issue LOL a 6th pokemon :P

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
Years
Well since you don't like setting up do you want a tank? or maybe a sweeper? What rolls do the current team members play in case you would like to even out the positions in the team.

May ask what Noivern is for exactly? I was thinking sweeper until I saw the held item, then I wasn't sure where you were going?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This team could use a hazard setter, like Ferrothorn or Skarmory:

Ferrothorn:
-Leech Seed
-Protect/Thunder Wave
-Gyro Ball/Power Whip
-Stealth Rock/Spikes/Gyro Ball
Nature: Relaxed/Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs

or
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/52 Def/208 SDef
Ability: Iron Barbs

Skarmory:
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Stealth Rock/Spikes/Brave Bird
-Defog/Brave Bird
Nature: Bold/Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/16 Def/240 SDef
Ability: Sturdy

or
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Taunt/Brave Bird
Nature: Bold/Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Ability: Sturdy

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
well platinum as mumzy picked up i don't like setting up but i think a tank is better, what item would you suggest for noivern to sweep
and i have dropped my original mega, is T-tar a viable tank (mega or otherwise)

never mind the question about Noivern i'm switching it to life orb and finding new item for Chandelure

As for Chandelure yes fireblast is good power wise but i prefer the accuracy of heatwave personal preference, though may drop curse for energy ball and overheat for psyshock getting the right HP makes me wanna tear my hair out otherwise i'd take HP fighting

Last edited:

srinator

hmm how about a coverage dragonite? dnite p cool imo

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

or
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Claw

or a mixed set

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Agility/dd
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Draco Meteor

hmm also why don't you try mega venusaur instead of snorlax?

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
IVs: 252 HP / ?? Atk / ?? SpAtk
Nature: Brave
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

or

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
IVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Nature: Calm / Bold
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Toxic / Sleep Powder / Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
As for Mega venasaur it's a thought but i like Snorlax and haven't used one in years so i'm looking foward to it as for the Dragonite i already have the Noivern and i don't want to make another dragon/flying makes 2 pokemon that get hammered by the same counter doesn't seem advisable.

Though i like the phsyical Dragonite sets, the one with Fire punch would couple nicely with Heatwave Chandelure fire punch it for the boost then wave the enemies into submission.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As for Mega venasaur it's a thought but i like Snorlax and haven't used one in years so i'm looking foward to it as for the Dragonite i already have the Noivern and i don't want to make another dragon/flying makes 2 pokemon that get hammered by the same counter doesn't seem advisable.

Though i like the phsyical Dragonite sets, the one with Fire punch would couple nicely with Heatwave Chandelure fire punch it for the boost then wave the enemies into submission.

Are you saying this is a doubles team or a singles team? I rated assuming it was a singles team, but I can make another post for doubles.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
nah it is singles but the thought of that Dragonite just gave me an idea for doubles LOL don't mind me i get side tracked, i need a hard hitting physical attacker or a tank i mean with assault vest out there now i'm really starting to look at my team and think wow that's a lot of special attackers i need something that can hit physically.

srinator

you do understand how that will affect you right?
i mean heat wave will hit you too heatran would go nicely for that combo

heat wave hits everyone including ur team m8 iirc

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
nah it is singles but the thought of that Dragonite just gave me an idea for doubles LOL don't mind me i get side tracked, i need a hard hitting physical attacker or a tank i mean with assault vest out there now i'm really starting to look at my team and think wow that's a lot of special attackers i need something that can hit physically.

Mega Tyranitar was suggested, but it's best played as a Dragon Dance user, as the lack of passive recovery from Leftovers in its Mega form rules out the possibility of a tanking set. That, and Mega Tyranitar has enough Speed to take advantage of Dragon Dance's Speed boost:
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge/Crunch
-Ice Punch/Crunch
-Earthquake
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream

you do understand how that will affect you right?
i mean heat wave will hit you too heatran would go nicely for that combo

heat wave hits everyone including ur team m8 iirc

Nope. Heat Wave only hits the opponents.

Here are better Dragonite sets to use. Extreme Speed is what makes Dragonite threatening:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/24 Def/232 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Weakness Policy

or
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Fire Punch/Dragon Claw
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Roost
EVs: 216 HP/64 Atk/228 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Agility is outclassed by Dragon Dance because the latter gives an Attack boost in addition to a Speed boost. Mixed sets are performed better by Mega Garchomp and Black Kyurem, as they have higher attacking stats to use.

Better Megasaur sets down here. Brave honestly doesn't do Megasaur any favors, considering that it primarily uses special moves:
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Seed/Earthquake/Knock Off
-Synthesis
Nature: Bold/Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Item: Venusaurite

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Yeah don't worry i know how heatwave works i use that dazzling gleam and aircutter to breeze through triple battles in restaurant le wow for EXP and $ great way to train, anyway i've yet to see a good suggestion for me though the dancing mega T-tar doesn't sound bad, what would people suggest for a super fast Attacker (not SpAtt) atm i'm leaning toward the T-tar though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Depends on if you want a sweeper or a tank for your last (phyiscal) Poke. Though most sweepers are set-up sweepers these days....and you don't appear to like setting up.

-Mega Lucario w/Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Close Combat, Earthquake, Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch, Iron Tail/Crunch

Yes, I know people prefer Lucario with a set up move, but maybe Mega Lucario can hack a physical set without Swords Dance.

-Garchomp w/Choice Band or Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Outrage/Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Fang

-Mega Aggron w/Aggronite
Nature: Impish
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Attack
Moves: Iron Head, Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Roar/Stealth Rock

-Gliscor w/Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP, 244 Defense, 12 Speed
Moves: Toxic, Roost, Earthquake, Knock Off
Gah, idk.

Anyway, if you're not gonna go with Hyper Voice+Pixilate for Sylveon, use this moveset: Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Psyshock/Hidden Power Fire, Calm Mind/Hidden Power Fire or something thats not Swift or Draining Kiss. Swift and Draining Kiss are just too weak. Leftovers is a better item, or if you can't give Sylveon one (Game Freak, make Leftovers a BP item already) a Lum Berry or Sitrus Berry will suffice.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
just a quick point to those people who would suggest mega lucario or megengar both lucarionite and gengarite are (from what i've read) are banned items in the OU tier.

also it is my belief that most competition grade battles are played with the item clause so can't use 2 with same item

yes i want to eventually go to competition and as such prefer to play within competition rules at all times to promote good habits.

I may take a sword dance Lucario but i have heard that he is outclassed quite badly maybe the Gliscor, though i am considering biting the bullet and putting a Ferrothorn in there for hazards.

Last edited:

srinator

dragon claw > outrage brah. Don't forget about those pesky fairies. Also i am sorry its been long since i have used heatwave i thought it hits everyone like surf.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
just a quick point to those people who would suggest mega lucario or megengar both lucarionite and gengarite are (from what i've read) are banned items in the OU tier.

also it is my belief that most competition grade battles are played with the item clause so can't use 2 with same item

yes i want to eventually go to competition and as such prefer to play within competition rules at all times to promote good habits.

I may take a sword dance Lucario but i have heard that he is outclassed quite badly maybe the Gliscor, though i am considering biting the bullet and putting a Ferrothorn in there for hazards.

Um, what battle format do you plan to use this team in? Because I'm not sure if this team of yours is for Showdown, Battle Spot, or VGC, and the rules for each of those is different. Lucarionite/Gengarite is only banned in places that use Smogon's rules, so use can use them in VGC and Battle Spot. Item Clause applies in VGC and Battle Spot, but not on Showdown.

And....what is Swords Dance Mega Lucario outclassed by?

Back