• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't see that route.. I been over to that area before.

Would someone be willing to tell me what all HM's I'm suppose to have up to this point? which is right after the 3rd badge leader. I only have rock smash and cut.
I have finished the Red battle in Bramboch and am about to trek onto 408. I had watched a video before your prior post, but didn't recall seeing an HM; glad to know I didn't just miss something there! (There are three TMs or so in there, however...this one will take time to document; video ended at the island area, which I see we'll be revisiting with Surf later.)

As for HMs, in addition to Rock Smash, I so far only have Cut. TMs I have meanwhile are 01 (Focus Punch), 06 (Toxic), 09 (Bullet Seed), 17 (Headbutt), 19 (Giga Drain), 35 (Flamethrower), 43 (Secret Power), and 46 (Thief) before stepping onto 408 for my first trek.

That's HILARIOUS. I had no idea you could cut grass.
See? I'm not alone.

Cyclone

Years
Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't see that route.. I been over to that area before.

Would someone be willing to tell me what all HM's I'm suppose to have up to this point? which is right after the 3rd badge leader. I only have rock smash and cut.
I am afraid you have to wait a little longer for other HMs . After the 2rd badge only two HM's are present (Cut, Rock Smash). But you are closed to the third one.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am afraid you have to wait a little longer for other HMs . After the 2rd badge only two HM's are present (Cut, Rock Smash). But you are closed to the third one.
I'm still trying to figure out where the darn HM03 for Surf is. According to WikiAnswers (yes, this became a question), it's located "just past where you captured Heatran in the Iron Mine, in Steelril City" and we need to "use RopeClimb on the wall". Where on Earth is this city? Is this that little island area that the minimap doesn't give a name to? I figure access to Alpha and Orange Islands will give use to the airplane I discovered recently, but this unnamed patch still defies explanation. I have noticed in scripts that there are eventual presumable legendary encounters in 407, 408, and 409 in the water, and I hate the thought I can't now backtrack without Surf on 407 since I could very well need something from the Safari Zone.

EDIT: All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...but I found this through video research in episode 20, and I'm only at a point depicted in Episode 9. So I have to get through the fourth Gym to access it, and I may find HM05 (Lavasurf) first on the other half of Lake Marfeny. Now I see a partial reason the Pokémon levels are not increased much starting from Route 407 (408 is identical, 409 is even identical, and National Park has some LOWER levels). So at least every single one of my Pokémon can train somewhere on this side of the water! If I really get desperate for something from a place like the Safari Zone, I'll mockup a path back to Esmereld City.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Movesets

I just started playing Light Platinum and I have to say that it is amazing. I was wondering what game movesets do the Pokemon follow, and does anyone know where to find a guide for the moveset for Pokemon from this game that are from Gen IV and V?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just started playing Light Platinum and I have to say that it is amazing. I was wondering what game movesets do the Pokemon follow, and does anyone know where to find a guide for the moveset for Pokemon from this game that are from Gen IV and V?
The ROMbase is a third generation game (Ruby), so in general Pokémon follow those movesets. However, we don't have lists for hacked-in 4th-5th gen. Pokémon. If I can find the tools, I might put something together for this, but right now I'm doing the basic walkthrough. Imagine my challenge trying to decide whether to teach Snover "Giga Drain" when it never learned the move since creation; many moves it normally learns are ones created in later generations and I was wondering whether another Grass move was coming better than Razor Leaf, but still wanting stronger Ice type moves like Blizzard (which I predict will be learned).

EDIT: Now a new oddity. TM23 has had a mind of its own in my playing.

e13c.png

As you can see, I ended up with two of TM23. While I wish it was possible to later buy the nice TMs from shops as needed (and what do I know, maybe we can, I'm not in Lauren yet), these two both came from the same spot.

What happened is I went to collect it and it wasn't there. I went into the city and came back, nothing. I walked through the square and it suddenly appeared through my character. Left the tile and faced it, collected it. I then went about training; I actually found the TM regenerated somehow by accident (it just returned there as if a daily gift). Thinking I didn't save it in my inventory, of course I picked it up again, then found out I have two of them.

As I try to avoid using TMs, it won't have any impact on my playing; for some reason, I like collecting them just to have all of them. I make exceptions with the odd TM when it's purchasable.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
I'm still trying to figure out where the darn HM03 for Surf is. According to WikiAnswers (yes, this became a question), it's located "just past where you captured Heatran in the Iron Mine, in Steelril City" and we need to "use RopeClimb on the wall". Where on Earth is this city? Is this that little island area that the minimap doesn't give a name to? I figure access to Alpha and Orange Islands will give use to the airplane I discovered recently, but this unnamed patch still defies explanation. I have noticed in scripts that there are eventual presumable legendary encounters in 407, 408, and 409 in the water, and I hate the thought I can't now backtrack without Surf on 407 since I could very well need something from the Safari Zone.

EDIT: All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...but I found this through video research in episode 20, and I'm only at a point depicted in Episode 9. So I have to get through the fourth Gym to access it, and I may find HM05 (Lavasurf) first on the other half of Lake Marfeny. Now I see a partial reason the Pokémon levels are not increased much starting from Route 407 (408 is identical, 409 is even identical, and National Park has some LOWER levels). So at least every single one of my Pokémon can train somewhere on this side of the water! If I really get desperate for something from a place like the Safari Zone, I'll mockup a path back to Esmereld City.

Cyclone
I KNOW WHERE IT IS...The town from where Mount Oren begins i think Feller Town or something u know which comes after crossing the Bug forest.. Go west from there i-e towards the Maferney lake westward entrance (If u r confused). You will find the gym leader of Lauren league there. He gives you HM Surf when you talk with him

The ROMbase is a third generation game (Ruby), so in general Pokémon follow those movesets. However, we don't have lists for hacked-in 4th-5th gen. Pokémon. If I can find the tools, I might put something together for this, but right now I'm doing the basic walkthrough. Imagine my challenge trying to decide whether to teach Snover "Giga Drain" when it never learned the move since creation; many moves it normally learns are ones created in later generations and I was wondering whether another Grass move was coming better than Razor Leaf, but still wanting stronger Ice type moves like Blizzard (which I predict will be learned).

EDIT: Now a new oddity. TM23 has had a mind of its own in my playing.

e13c.png

As you can see, I ended up with two of TM23. While I wish it was possible to later buy the nice TMs from shops as needed (and what do I know, maybe we can, I'm not in Lauren yet), these two both came from the same spot.

What happened is I went to collect it and it wasn't there. I went into the city and came back, nothing. I walked through the square and it suddenly appeared through my character. Left the tile and faced it, collected it. I then went about training; I actually found the TM regenerated somehow by accident (it just returned there as if a daily gift). Thinking I didn't save it in my inventory, of course I picked it up again, then found out I have two of them.

As I try to avoid using TMs, it won't have any impact on my playing; for some reason, I like collecting them just to have all of them. I make exceptions with the odd TM when it's purchasable.

Cyclone
Same things happened with me on the beach area west of searound city. i found 2-3 Ice Beams TMs while circling around there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
When i exit snowce city, on my way to the team steam hidout, my way is blocked by a trainer wo keeps telling me i need strong pokemon to proceed, I know people who got true with all pokemon lv 45+ mine are all 50+ but he doesn't let me go true?
I really don't know what to do now

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ash: was making sure it wasn't some weird bug in the items. :P

I KNOW WHERE IT IS...The town from where Mount Oren begins i think Feller Town or something u know which comes after crossing the Bug forest.. Go west from there i-e towards the Maferney lake westward entrance (If u r confused). You will find the gym leader of Lauren league there. He gives you HM Surf when you talk with him
Actually, that's Lavasurf (HM05) according to a video. Did they get switched?

When i exit snowce city, on my way to the team steam hidout, my way is blocked by a trainer wo keeps telling me i need strong pokemon to proceed, I know people who got true with all pokemon lv 45+ mine are all 50+ but he doesn't let me go true?
How many badges do you have? You might need to have every badge and have perhaps missed one; for instance, I heard you could cross the water on 407 without the second badge, so it would not surprise me for a badge to be missing from before Snowce.

Based on the redness of the cities I name, I presume there are seven badges inclusive of Snowce. In order: Inhore City (can't go on without it), Esmereld City (the one that you can accidentally miss, but now you can head back for it!), Seanport City (where I am now, and you can't miss it; you need it for Rock Smash TM), Dardusk City, Groment City, Serenity City, Snowce City. Fly to all of these cities (except Inhore and Seanport where you can't proceed without them) and check that you'd been to the Gym...or check your badges and any missing gap will reveal the hole in the list.

If that's not the problem, post your save and someone will take a look.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Same things happened with me on the beach area west of searound city. i found 2-3 Ice Beams TMs while circling around there.
3 Reito Biimu? :D I wouldn't be against it :D

It's just random talk... you don't need to take it literally =D
That guy's there because you probably forgot to do some event...
Have you beaten the Gym Leader? :D

@robin: You are using wrong version. The newer one fixes this.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No. they are not switched sorry about that. Well surf comes after a long time in the game
Exactly.

All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...
That's the answer I found after the original post, hence why it said "EDIT".

Cyclone

Years
This is a amazing hack! I played through the entire game(caught ALL the legendaries) and I must say this is one extremely long hack! My team at the end was :Charizard Lv.75
Electivire Lv.77
Feraligatr Lv.75
Tyranitar Lv.72
Toxicroak Lv.72
Torterra Lv.58
Now I still need to beat the World Champion, but its only Lv 100 pokemon so I probably won't do it...
Oh, and I played the entire hack on a Flashcart for the GBA :)

Back