• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
If DJG or someone else doesn't want you looking at their work, they can change the game header (for example, FR is BPRE and ruby is AXVE) to something else, which makes tools like A-map and Y.A.P.E. not recognize it.

Well, how can you change that?

EDIT: Never mind, it's really easy with a hex editor. MASTER BALLS, HERE I COME!!

Last edited:

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
You can. Just open the ROM in a Hex Editor, and change "RDLG" to "AXVE".

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Just a quick question, where do i find the beginning to the 2nd quest? And how do you get mirage tower to appear for the 3rd quest?

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
When my Volbeat evolved into Beatote at level 25, it suddenly jumped to level 29... Weird.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Glitch: There are some invisible walls directly to the front and side of the leftmost house in Garden Town. (The one without a door.)

Edit: Also, if you use Icy Wind on the shadowy pair of eyes thing (kind of already figured out what it is, but I won't say it), it changes the black background to the image of ice cave walls for the remainder of the battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Where exactly do I go to start story branching? Is the crashed airplane or the island? but, I don't know how to get to it anyway.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Version 10 of the game's available in the first post... =/

---oOo---​

DJG, I have a MAJOR bug to report and it actually prevents me from continuing. At the event with Sprizzle and Felinar at Leon Empire. I had found Sprizzle two times, and then I was about to encounter it, but I flew away to buy some Ultra Balls, and when I got back it wasn't there any more, but when I went to proceed, it said "I wonder what that other Pokemon's up to..." I can't go any further.

What version of the game are you playing?
I thought I already fixed that error... I guess I should go and look into it once more...

I found a small glitch in the safari zone. Whenever abra teleports me to the desert area, I talk to it again in order to teleport somewhere else. No matter how many times I try, it only teleports me right back to the desert area.

I'll check that Abra then.
Thanks for the report.

First of all, this is a very fun and good looking game. The only thing that bothers me is some of the Fakemon sprites. It's not that the designs are bad, (most are quite good, actually.) it's just that some of them don't fit into the art style of the rest of the pokemon. In battle, they feel out of place. (Especially Furunny. I inwardly cringe every time I encounter one.)

For instance: Chirpich's regular sprite looks great, but its back sprite is awful...

I'm not asking you to get rid of them. Rather, I think they need to be altered or maybe even redrawn to fit more with the pokemon art style. I'm no sprite artist, so I'm afraid I don't have any concrete suggestions on this kind of thing. :(

Anyway, that's just a small peeve on an otherwise awesome game. Besides that and a few places where the ground looks awkward (sharply angular ledges in some areas) this is a fantastic game. Get someone to thoroughly go over the fakemon sprites, and you'd make a great looking game look even better!

My spriters are no longer really having a lot of spare time, so unfortunately, those will stay as is, unless of course if Samson decides to resprite his fakemons that are in the game.

I know that this was apparently fixed in version 8 but i'm playing version 9 and it happened. Here's what happened leading up to it:

I beat the vessel
I beat Giratina
I lost against Zah
I whited out and returned to the entrance of dragon castle
I climbed back up
I didn't have to fight the vessel again, and went straight into the battle with Giratina
After the battle with Giratina, the camera went all crazy

Just putting it out there.
I also checked and I definitely am playing version 9 patched on a clean rom.

I just tried it with version 9 and 10, and it didn't happen to me.
Must be only through chance and luck...
Anyway, I'll once again study that script...

You could always just unlock it if DJG said it's okay.

Yes, it's fine...
I can't do anything if you change anything in the game, anyway... =/

alrighty got a quick one... how do u evolve onix into steelix? if possible?

Onix evolves into Steelix through level 40.

Semi-Glitch: Delibird has Castform's Pokedex data.

So it does... o.o
I'll fix it then.

Just a quick question, where do i find the beginning to the 2nd quest? And how do you get mirage tower to appear for the 3rd quest?

The 2nd quest is in Rintah Town.
The Mirage Tower will only appear through luck/chance and after beating the vessel.

When my Volbeat evolved into Beatote at level 25, it suddenly jumped to level 29... Weird.

I'll check on it.
Thanks for the report.

Glitch: There are some invisible walls directly to the front and side of the leftmost house in Garden Town. (The one without a door.)

I'll check on it.
Thanks for the report~

Glitch: if you use Icy Wind on the shadowy pair of eyes thing (kind of already figured out what it is, but I won't say it), it changes the black background to the image of ice cave walls for the remainder of the battle.

yes, I am aware of that error...
I don't know how to fix it, but a temporary fix is that you can go to the POKéMON or Items menu, and when you get back to the battle scene, it's back to black again.

Where exactly do I go to start story branching? Is the crashed airplane or the island? but, I don't know how to get to it anyway.

After you re-earned your 5 badges again.

does anyone know where I can get Exeggcute and Dunsparce?

Exeggcute is in Rintah Path.

Last edited:

RKO90

Legend Killer
Years
Thanks for the update, DJG :D I really appreciated that little cheat to re-battle the final event, I guess I couldn't do that with my slightly messed save...

That final battle was really sick, even with a lv100 Deazone on my behalf this time :P Death Rip took away 4 out of 6 opponents, but I needed a few revives and full restores to make it, great battle, really! :)

Years
Hey DjG, you mentioned previously that the starters could now learn the ultimate moves like pyrostrike, etc. My question is that i have a lv 48 Charizard and how long i had to wait for it to learn it Pyrostrike?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
Hi there! Wonderful hack, DJG. You really knew how to put the golden brooch to the Ruby Destiny trilogy.

I got a little problem. I activate the Quest 4: Behind the Ice, but the cave doesn't appear. I got the latest version, so I'm clueless on how to fix it. Can anybody help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back